PDA

View Full Version : 2012 schedule leaked

mowe
01-03-2012, 10:26 PM
CSN got a copy of this year's TFC sked: http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2640-TFC-s-2012-scheuled-leaked

Season opener on March 17th at Seattle
Home opener on the 24th vs San Jose
At Montreal April 7th and June 27th (one at each stadium), vs Montreal Oct 20th
Vancouver visits August 8th
The East teams we only play twice (as opposed to 3 times) are Kansas City and New England
The West teams we DON'T play at home are RSL, LA, Dallas, and Seattle.

Games by month (not including if we advance in the CCL/qualify for the next one, but including the final legs of Voyageurs Cup)
March: 5 (3 home, 2 away)
April: 4 (2 home, 2 away)
May: 8 (5 home, 3 away)
June: 5 (2 home, 3 away)
July: 6 (3 home, 3 away)
August: 5 (1 home, 4 away)
September: 4 (1 home, 3 away)
October: 3 (2 home, 1 away)

geordie77
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
any idea of times for the Saturday games? 1pm, 4pm or 7pm? only 4 home games in March & April, nice

RealG-TFC
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
We go back to Montreal on Wednesday June 27th apparently

Relja
01-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Home opener on my birthday awesome :D :D :D

Yohan
01-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Aug and Sept are going to be brutal

Waggy
01-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Any word on how the CCL is going to work this year?

Cashcleaner
01-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Home Opener against Montreal would have been cool.

jazzy
01-04-2012, 12:07 AM
so IF Keane stays and isn't here for mar 7th, we miss him and LA at home,......8 games away 4 games at home Aug thru Oct ouch|...so if we don't clinch a playoff spot by mid season .......tough times.. ???

Yohan
01-04-2012, 12:15 AM
One of Sporting KC games is a home game. error in that schedule

prizby
01-04-2012, 12:54 AM

so we play the top 4 teams in the west on the road...bets on how many points we get out of them?

TFC1154ever
01-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Montreal April 7th? Leafs play Habs at night in Montreal. OMG this is going to be insane!!!!!

Stryker
01-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Ouch. I think we just got bent over by the league.

Yohan
01-04-2012, 02:11 AM
TFC also 'lucked out' by getting a bye week on first week of MLS season so can concentrate on LA matches. TFC doesn't play until 17 Mar at Seattle

Redcoe15
01-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Montreal April 7th? Leafs play Habs at night in Montreal. OMG this is going to be insane!!!!!
And we'll all be there for that in Montreal. Right?

ensco
01-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Only two midweek home MLS games (both in the summer).

No away league game at Vancouver.

No home games on long weekends until Thanksgiving (DCU).

Many road trip possibilities. Finally, the away game at New York is on a Saturday (June 16). The away Chicago game is on the August long weekend. The away DCU game is on the May long weekend.

Huyton
01-04-2012, 06:35 AM
There are two games of significance each year, regardless of who the opponent is: The Season Opener and the Season Closer.

The first game can help set up the first part of the season, and the second game can give you just the edge you need to get into the playoffs. In particular the latter, as I suspect that if we'd played against the Pink Cows at BMO in the final game of the season in 2009, I think we'd have stood a good chance of making the playoffs, instead of losing 5-0.

So, I think it's only fair that if you start on the road, you should finish at home.

How have we fared, then? Check out the following:
04/07 Chivas USA at The Home Depot Center
10/20 New England at BMO Field
03/29 Columbus at Columbus Crew Stadium
10/25 San Jose at Buck Shaw Stadium
03/21 Sporting KC at CommunityAmerica Ballpark
10/24 New York at Giants Stadium
03/27 Columbus at Columbus Crew Stadium
10/23 D.C. United at RFK Stadium
03/19 Vancouver at Empire Field
10/22 New England at BMO Field
03/17 Seattle Sounders at Qwest Field
10/27 Columbus Crew at Columbus Crew Stadium

So, of the 6 seasons, we'll have never opened at BMO, and only twice will we have played at home to close out the year.

Coincidence? I hope so...I'd hate to think that MLSE would knowingly put up with this.

Fort York Redcoat
01-04-2012, 07:06 AM
so we play the top 4 teams in the west on the road...bets on how many points we get out of them?

No bets, thanks. PARITY LEAGUE.

Also-Dallas? You include Dallas on your "holy shit" list?:D

DOMIN8R
01-04-2012, 07:50 AM
2012 MLS Schedule: Toronto FC Will Reportedly Get First Week Off (http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/1/3/2680710/2012-mls-schedule-toronto-fc-will-reportedly-get-first-week-off)

Toronto FC is scheduled to visit the Seattle Sounders (http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/mls/teams/seattle-sounders) on March 17, just three days after both teams are scheduled to play the second legs of their CCL quarterfinals. If the Sounders are forced to play during First Kick, that would be their fourth match in 11 days while TFC would be playing for just the third time. It would make more sense to give both the Sounders and LA Galaxy (http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/mls/teams/la-galaxy) opening weekend off in order to provide more competitive fairness

Oldtimer
01-04-2012, 07:54 AM

Ouch. I think we just got bent over by the league.

TFC also 'lucked out' by getting a bye week on first week of MLS season so can concentrate on LA matches. TFC doesn't play until 17 Mar at Seattle

You win some, you lose some. We play LA on the road... but we only play them once in league play. The bye week is a huge advantage. We get to play this year's expansion team 3 times. The league is giving us a balance of pluses and minuses... and things are much better for road trips this year. I can't complain.

CSN got a copy of this year's TFC sked: http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2640-TFC-s-2012-scheuled-leaked

Caution should be in order... it is probably a "draft" version that was submitted to the clubs for any last-minute requests for changes... so don't buy those plane tickets or book those hotels yet. There may yet be changes before it is official.

Stouffville_RPB
01-04-2012, 07:59 AM

Could we have got a better group of teams to avoid? I think not.

Fort York Redcoat
01-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Any word on how the CCL is going to work this year?

Same as last year.

mastermixer
01-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by mowe

The four teams I actually wanted to see us play at home. Yes it's good because they are good teams but that's exactly why I would want to see them in person.

DavydMT
01-04-2012, 08:43 AM
... The away Chicago game is on the August long weekend. The away DCU game is on the May long weekend.

for all the music lovers same weekend is:
Lollapalooza 2012 | August 3-5, 2012 : Grant Park : Chicago, IL
www.lollapalooza.com/

__wowza
01-04-2012, 08:49 AM
whose bright fucking idea was it to schedule a bunch of games at home in march/april but away games in august/september.

Wagner
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
July 28.
Dynamo @ TFC
Beerfest @ CNE Bandshell

it might be the greatest day of our lives.
Beerfest 1pm until 7pm.
hopefully Dynamo under the lights.

Joe Kool
01-04-2012, 09:10 AM
whose bright fucking idea was it to schedule a bunch of games at home in march/april but away games in august/september.

Always happens so I am not surprised. Sucks though for sure. Nothing better than taking in a game on a real nice day in the summer rather than the unpredictable shite you get between March and May.

Darlofletch
01-04-2012, 09:12 AM
July 28.
Dynamo @ TFC
Beerfest @ CNE Bandshell

it might be the greatest day of our lives.
Beerfest 1pm until 7pm.
hopefully Dynamo under the lights.

last time tfc combined with beerfest, i was outside gate 4 when some players exited when some very very drunk chick got one of the players to sign her chest. she was all proud, until her friends figured out it was milos kocic, the 3rd string goalie.

In unrelated news she was violently throwing up 10 minutes later.

ManUtd4ever
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM

Agreed. Once again, TFC's schedule is back loaded with fixtures on the road. TFC has to maximize the amount of points earned in the first half of the season if they are to have a legitimate chance at qualifying for the post season.

Darlofletch
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
so yeah, it's a tough away schedule, but our home schedule probably couldn't be easier. we are going to have to kill at bmo to have a chance this year. also best to kill early in the season, as it's a tough tough end.

last 3 games, d.c (and de ro), montreal, then columbus. either we could very satisfyingly clinch a playoff game against one of those teams, or it could be an epic burn if they combine to keep us out.

ForeverTFC
01-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Is it safe to assume that Chicago game will be penciled in as a definite road trip?

WestStandGeoff
01-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Not that I'm a huge fan of it either, but Paul B. explained that they need to keep dates open for us through May/June for Nutrilite Cup and CCL qualifying round matches, which then forces us into a front-loaded schedule.

__wowza
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Not that I'm a huge fan of it either, but Paul B. explained that they need to keep dates open for us through May/June for Nutrilite Cup and CCL qualifying round matches, which then forces us into a front-loaded schedule.

makes sense. i don't like it, but i understand it.
thanks for clearing that up.

pdogg
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM

That doesn't make sense. Why would we have so few home games at the end of the season? If anything, that excuse would mean we have fewer league home games in the first four months (March-June) to keep the schedule open and more in the last four (July-October) when we have more time.

Chris Wren
01-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Agreed. Once again, TFC's schedule is back loaded with fixtures on the road. TFC has to maximize the amount of points earned in the first half of the season if they are to have a legitimate chance at qualifying for the post season.

+1

Also, August is a great weather month for us and night games. You would think the league would want the chance of maximizing attendance in cities with any weather issues.

It's great fun when TFC has games during the EX too.

T-boy
01-04-2012, 10:33 AM

You make it sound like this is your first season?! haha!

It's been like this since season one! TFC have always had a home heavy start to the season, and then hardly any home games in the peak of summer! Ok, one season it was because the Under 19 cup was here. But otherwise, there is no REAL reason for this to continue happening!

TFC have always had at least 4 home games in May, and I don't think have EVER had more than 2 home games in August?! Have they?!

TFC have always had the same problem, slow start to the season (partly due to NEVER opening the season at home), then find some form in April and May when TFC ALWAYS have a bunchy of home games. Then TFC always dip in form in July and August when they NEVER have home games, and then rally for Sept and Oct when they get home games again!

I can only think that the MLS are purposely making the schedule the same way each season! I think the fact that TFC have never opened at home gives that away! But why hardly any home games in the middle of the summer, and lots of home games in the windy and wet months of April and May?! I don't understand?! It makes me wonder if the MLS kind of hates TFC?!

T-boy
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM

That doesn't make any sense to me?! Why then, do we have 5 home games in May?! That is hardly "keeping the schedule open", is it?! It's the opposite! Surely TFC needs LESS home games in May and more later in the season when we won't have CCL qualification matches?! Right?????

pdogg
01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
+1

Also, August is a great weather month for us and night games. You would think the league would want the chance of maximizing attendance in cities with any weather issues.

It's great fun when TFC has games during the EX too.

Someone mentioned that we have two away games against Sporting KC. Hopefully it's the August 18th game that gets switched, the ex starts on the 17th!

Phil
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Its prefered not to have home games during the summer months due to the Indy and Ex. Both events make it hard to have access to the ground and parking. As well, the heat in those months affects performance so night games are prefered.

Detroit_TFC
01-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I was furious when I saw the draft schedule but I already knew that there was no way I was going to be happy with it. Overall travel is reduced, so that is good, but some of the Wed-Sat game travel turns are going to be difficult.

Fort York Redcoat
01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
You make it sound like this is your first season?! haha!

It's been like this since season one! TFC have always had a home heavy start to the season, and then hardly any home games in the peak of summer! Ok, one season it was because the Under 19 cup was here. But otherwise, there is no REAL reason for this to continue happening!

TFC have always had at least 4 home games in May, and I don't think have EVER had more than 2 home games in August?! Have they?!

TFC have always had the same problem, slow start to the season (partly due to NEVER opening the season at home), then find some form in April and May when TFC ALWAYS have a bunchy of home games. Then TFC always dip in form in July and August when they NEVER have home games, and then rally for Sept and Oct when they get home games again!

I can only think that the MLS are purposely making the schedule the same way each season! I think the fact that TFC have never opened at home gives that away! But why hardly any home games in the middle of the summer, and lots of home games in the windy and wet months of April and May?! I don't understand?! It makes me wonder if the MLS kind of hates TFC?!

Incorrect. If one looks at the early seasons of our history one would find that we were on the road early in the year to: finish the stadium, de-winterize, or just plain not play at home because it was considered too cold or they didn't care about the schedule. MLS heard no complaints or requests from TFC until this last year. The league isn't the villian on this one.

Sidenote: People complained there wasn't enough home games early in the season then. Morale: You can please everyone none of the time.

Darlofletch
01-04-2012, 11:01 AM
.....I can only think that the MLS are purposely making the schedule the same way each season! I think the fact that TFC have never opened at home gives that away!....

I think the weather probably has more to do with that than MLS does, which leads me to think....

depending on how this ccl rogers game goes and with the dome under the same corporate umbrella, in the future, we might actually get a home opener, played at the dome, try and make a big event out of it to get some buzz at the start of the season.

complete conjecture on my behalf, but i could see them going for something like that.

nfitz
01-04-2012, 11:03 AM
That doesn't make sense. Why would we have so few home games at the end of the season? If anything, that excuse would mean we have fewer league home games in the first four months (March-June) to keep the schedule open and more in the last four (July-October) when we have more time.What do you mean? MLS games look relatively balanced to me:

MARCH-JUNE - 9 games
March - 2 games
April - 2 games
May - 3 games
June - 2 games

JULY-OCT - 8 games
July - 3 games
August - 2 games (remember the Aug 18 game is likely misprint)
Sept. - 1 game
Oct - 2 games

That's about as balanced as we've ever seen. What's the issue? Heck, there's only 3 available weeks in October with the World Cup qualifiers, and we are playing 2 of them in Toronto.

Heart of Stone
01-04-2012, 11:03 AM
In Montreal for the easter long weekend... fantastic!

Fort York Redcoat
01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I think the weather probably has more to do with that than MLS does, which leads me to think....

depending on how this ccl rogers game goes and with the dome under the same corporate umbrella, in the future, we might actually get a home opener, played at the dome, try and make a big event out of it to get some buzz at the start of the season.

complete conjecture on my behalf, but i could see them going for something like that.

Please don't give them ideas. Please.

Wagner
01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I was really hoping for a road trip with linked stops.

Like Philly on Wednesday then NYRB the following Saturday.

Chivas/Gals

Cascadia

Houston/Dallas

maybe next year...

nfitz
01-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I was really hoping for a road trip with linked stops.

Like Philly on Wednesday then NYRB the following Saturday.

Chivas/Gals

Cascadia

Houston/Dallas

maybe next year...Surely we've got the best one ever in the schedule this year, given how cheap Seattle to LA return flights are (as low as CAN$166 all in). LA on March 14th and Seattle on March 17th.

JonO
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
That's about as balanced as we've ever seen. What's the issue? Heck, there's only 3 available weeks in October with the World Cup qualifiers, and we are playing 2 of them in Toronto.
Seems pretty balanced to me, but someone will always complain. Heck, I'm pissed the leage didn't consult me first as it would have been much more convenient for me if the LA away game was in August.

Wagner
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I dig the schedule, I'm just being greedy, I'd like to do a double dip.
see 2 or 3 games, only burn one week of vacation.

How awesome would it be to get a cheap fly to Newark, hit up the Shite Bulls game, do up NYC, then take a cheap train to Philly.
Paying for just one flight...you could probably do it with just 3 burned vacation days if it was a wednesday/saturday.

Fort York Redcoat
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh I dig on what your saying Wags. No way I'd be as hyped to do separate trips to Texas or Cascadia.

Road Swing!!

prizby
01-04-2012, 12:03 PM
What do you mean? MLS games look relatively balanced to me:

MARCH-JUNE - 9 games
March - 2 games
April - 2 games
May - 3 games
June - 2 games

JULY-OCT - 8 games
July - 3 games
August - 2 games (remember the Aug 18 game is likely misprint)
Sept. - 1 game
Oct - 2 games

MARCH-JUNE - 7 road games
JULY-OCT - 10 road games

Phil
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I am going to wait to see the real schedule before trusting this. There are a ton of changes that go on and I know TFC has been active on that front.

Darlofletch
01-04-2012, 12:15 PM

oh I don't like it, I'm just hoping the hard on for a bmo winter classic will force the winterisation of bmo so we can have early games there instead.

until that happens though, it's dome or opening on the road every year.

__wowza
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Its prefered not to have home games during the summer months due to the Indy and Ex.

phil, are you saying you're against being able to hop out and grab a waffle ice cream sandwich and 99 cent spaghetti from the food building at half time? FOR SHAME!! :D

nfitz
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
MARCH-JUNE - 7 road games
JULY-OCT - 10 road gamesTrue but we do start July with 3 road games. It's a 32 week season, with 3 weeks off for MLS Qualifiers (one week in June, September, and October). We've got 2 away games week 17 (first week of July). In the last 15 weeks then, we've got 8 home games and 8 away games. In the first 17 weeks we have 9 home games and 9 away games.

Sure, it's not 100% perfect, but it's not THAT weighted one way or another.

ensco
01-04-2012, 01:20 PM

They might do it this year. In a way, why not? What does it cost to keep grass alive indoors for two weeks?

Red CB Toronto
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
One question will the Impact be back at Saputo in time for The Reds second trip into Montreal?

Phil
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
They might do it this year. In a way, why not? What does it cost to keep grass alive indoors for two weeks?

Skating rink to be installed over it from the 14th to the 18th, so pretty expensive :D

Fort York Redcoat
01-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Don't care about the $$$ for indoor grass.

Why not? Did you want me to link the entire BMO or Rogers Centre thread?:(

Yohan
01-04-2012, 01:46 PM
The four teams I actually wanted to see us play at home. Yes it's good because they are good teams but that's exactly why I would want to see them in person.
they will be in Toronto next season (unless MLS pulls another rules change)

Auzzy
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM

The Towrads strike again!

Detroit_TFC
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
they will be in Toronto next season (unless MLS pulls another rules change)

I wouldn't make any assumptions about the 2013 schedule.

Heart of Stone
01-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Maybe the game in Columbus at the end of October will be an important one this year... maybe we'll be knocking on the door of making the playoffs... maybe.

Derko
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Isn't that Easter Weekend also!!:drinking:

nfitz
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Isn't that Easter Weekend also!!:drinking:Yes it is. And that's what MLSE staff said when they leaked about 3 months ago.

Yagbod
01-05-2012, 02:03 PM
The actual schedule is up on the MLS website:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/01/05/mls-reveals-2012-schedule-including-mls-cup-december

Yagbod
01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
First game at Seattle Mar 17

Phil
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Saturday, March 17, 2012
10:00PM EDT
Seattle Toronto FC CenturyLink Field

Saturday, March 24, 2012
1:00PM EDT
Toronto FC San Jose BMO Field

Saturday, March 31, 2012
2:00PM EDT
Toronto FC Columbus BMO Field

Saturday, April 7, 2012
Montreal Toronto FC Olympic Stadium

Saturday, April 14, 2012
4:30PM EDT
Toronto FC Chivas USA BMO Field

Saturday, April 21, 2012
3:30PM EDT
NBC Sports
Toronto FC Chicago BMO Field

Saturday, April 28, 2012
9:00PM EDT
Real Salt Lake Toronto FC Rio Tinto Stadium

Saturday, May 5, 2012
Toronto FC D.C. United BMO Field

Saturday, May 19, 2012
7:30PM EDT
D.C. United Toronto FC RFK Stadium

Saturday, May 26, 2012
Toronto FC Philadelphia BMO Field

Saturday, June 16, 2012
8:30PM EDT
Sporting KC Toronto FC Livestrong Sporting Park

Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Houston Toronto FC BBVA Compass Stadium

Saturday, June 23, 2012
Toronto FC New England BMO Field

Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Montreal Toronto FC Saputo Stadium

Saturday, June 30, 2012
7:00PM EDT
Galavision
Toronto FC New York BMO Field

Wednesday, July 4, 2012
FC Dallas Toronto FC FC Dallas Stadium

Sunday, July 8, 2012
5:00PM EDT
Philadelphia Toronto FC PPL Park

Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Toronto FC Vancouver BMO Field

Saturday, July 14, 2012
New England Toronto FC Gillette Stadium

Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Toronto FC Colorado BMO Field

Saturday, July 21, 2012
4:00PM EDT
Toronto FC Chicago BMO Field

Saturday, July 28, 2012
Toronto FC Houston BMO Field

Saturday, August 4, 2012
Chicago Toronto FC Toyota Park

Saturday, August 11, 2012
Columbus Toronto FC Crew Stadium

Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Toronto FC Portland BMO Field

Saturday, August 18, 2012
Toronto FC Sporting KC BMO Field

Saturday, August 25, 2012
Houston Toronto FC BBVA Compass Stadium

Saturday, September 1, 2012
Sporting KC Toronto FC Livestrong Sporting Park

Saturday, September 15, 2012
Toronto FC Philadelphia BMO Field

Saturday, September 22, 2012
10:30PM EDT
Los Angeles Toronto FC The Home Depot Center

Saturday, September 29, 2012
New York Toronto FC Red Bull Arena

Saturday, October 6, 2012
Toronto FC D.C. United BMO Field

Saturday, October 20, 2012
2:00PM EDT
Toronto FC Montreal BMO Field

Sunday, October 28, 2012
4:00PM EDT
Columbus Toronto FC Crew Stadium

http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule?month=all&year=2012&club=9&competition_type=46&broadcast_type=all&op=Search&form_build_id=form-33bdb25d2f66783b7346ca4d7f88d697&form_id=mls_schedule_form

Whoop
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
No Saturday night home games in the summer? Boo.

Yet a Saturday night home game in the fall?

Oh well.

Yagbod
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow, July has 7 league games.

Whoop
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM
MLS Cup is on December 1st. haha

Heart of Stone
01-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Is the Columbus game on Oct. 27th or Oct. 28th? There's a descrepency between the two schedules that have been posted.

Whoop
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
At least there are plenty of midweek night games in the summer.

Heart of Stone
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
:drinking:
At least there are plenty of midweek night games in the summer.:drinking:

denime
01-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Is the Columbus game on Oct. 27th or Oct. 28th? There's a descrepency between the two schedules that have been posted.

1st schedule was a draft copy,2nd schedule is offical.link is posted in the news thread

Darlofletch
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
1st schedule was a draft copy,2nd schedule is offical.link is posted in the news thread

yeah, a few differences, (portland, vancouver, skc) from the leaked draft. What's out today is official.

KGH
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I like this schedule. A few things:

1) Quite the light May....
2) Love that our last home game is against Montreal. Love it!!
3) Final game of the year in Columbus on a sunday. Wrap up our first playoff year with a W, Win back to back Trillium cups, and burn that bitch down.
4) If you look at the travel for these games it looks like the league took care in trying to bundle the long road trips...IE the seatle game comes right after we're already in LA so I imagine the plan would be to go straight to seattle and train there for 2 days.

C.Ronaldo
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes it is. And that's what MLSE staff said when they leaked about 3 months ago.

sooooo this cancels out all christian married men!! blah

prizby
01-05-2012, 03:17 PM
sooooo this cancels out all christian married men!! blah

take advantage of the porter seat sale you can be on a flight home saturday night in time for easter sunday

Whoop
01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
You better hurry sale ends at midnight.

werewolf
01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
MLS initially did not schedule any games on FIFA fixture dates

:eek:

Good form MLS.

(haven't said that sentance much, if ever)

Whoop
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
I guess they're learning.

Whoop
01-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm just thinking imagine a MLS Cup final in Toronto on December 1st. :D

Better get those pipes fixed!

Detroit_TFC
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm just thinking imagine a MLS Cup final in Toronto on December 1st. :D

Better get those pipes fixed!

Two words: R _ _ _ _ s C _ _ _ _ e

:hide:

habstfc
01-05-2012, 04:03 PM
4 night games all year, I won't be renewing next year.

pdogg
01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
2 night games all year, I won't be renewing next year.

That's when they pull the old switch-a-roo and have only night games in 2013!

pdogg
01-05-2012, 04:10 PM
take advantage of the porter seat sale you can be on a flight home saturday night in time for easter sunday

Or better yet, I'll finally get around to visiting my sister in Ottawa. Toronto FC + Canadiana showdown + Turkey = best long weekend ever!

habstfc
01-05-2012, 04:13 PM
The start times are a bigger issue for me than the product on field due to my schedule. I know I will miss at least 6 games.

Suds
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Overall I would say the schedule is much improved over last year. Home games are spread out better and there are many more opportunities for road trips.

The only thing I'll miss is the night game during the EX. I'm guessing the Ex will be on by the Aug 18th game. 4:30 is OK but a night game is always better.

Voodooman
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Im just upset at the fact Montreal doesn't come until October...when Im back at school :(

GhostKiller
01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Is there any though on what will be the big road trip this year?

TFC travels to MTL on April 7th, the same day Leafs play the last reg season game in MTL. Double header?

I like the schedule except for the 1:00 and 2:00 pm starts. Games should never be played that early.

Technorgasm
01-05-2012, 06:48 PM
can someone make an outlook calendar please.

that would be super AWESOME LIE "UBER FRINGES" awesome

phonzo
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Is there any though on what will be the big road trip this year?

TFC travels to MTL on April 7th, the same day Leafs play the last reg season game in MTL. Double header?

I like the schedule except for the 1:00 and 2:00 pm starts. Games should never be played that early.

In time. It just came out. Let folks digest and figure out a strategy. We promise there will be some great trips.

Canary10
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
So, Seattle (A), San Jose (H), Columbus (H), Montreal (A), Chivas (H). Think we can get 10 pts out of the first 5 games? That would constitute a really good start for me.

BeachTory
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM

i'm booked. Porter flights there in the AM, home in the PM for 225$ all in.

the return flight part was less than $100 !! the rest is taxes, fees etc

ensco
01-05-2012, 07:54 PM
First Sat game in NY ever. The Sat Sep 29 game at NY could be a "must see in person" game, who knows, we might still even be in the playoff race! Could also get Yankess/Mets pennant race upside, or a good Giants/Jets game there also...

ahandle
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
There are two games of significance each year, regardless of who the opponent is: The Season Opener and the Season Closer.

The first game can help set up the first part of the season, and the second game can give you just the edge you need to get into the playoffs. In particular the latter, as I suspect that if we'd played against the Pink Cows at BMO in the final game of the season in 2009, I think we'd have stood a good chance of making the playoffs, instead of losing 5-0.

So, I think it's only fair that if you start on the road, you should finish at home.

How have we fared, then? Check out the following:
04/07 Chivas USA at The Home Depot Center
10/20 New England at BMO Field
03/29 Columbus at Columbus Crew Stadium
10/25 San Jose at Buck Shaw Stadium
03/21 Sporting KC at CommunityAmerica Ballpark
10/24 New York at Giants Stadium
03/27 Columbus at Columbus Crew Stadium
10/23 D.C. United at RFK Stadium
03/19 Vancouver at Empire Field
10/22 New England at BMO Field
03/17 Seattle Sounders at Qwest Field
10/27 Columbus Crew at Columbus Crew Stadium

So, of the 6 seasons, we'll have never opened at BMO, and only twice will we have played at home to close out the year.

Coincidence? I hope so...I'd hate to think that MLSE would knowingly put up with this.

good call on this