PDA

View Full Version : TORONTO FC vs VANCOUVER WHITE CAPS - YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH ( MOM)

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Who's your man of the match (for toronto fc ) vs the white caps ?

Keegan
07-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Sebrango

Red CB Toronto
07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
RR #10, he is a fighter

jloome
07-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Why in the hell didn't you put Ricketts in, man? He scored the go ahead goal, was all over the pitch, hammered that volley in that went off the bar. Shit, man of the match by a mile!

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Why in the hell didn't you put Ricketts in, man? He scored the go ahead goal, was all over the pitch, hammered that volley in that went off the bar. Shit, man of the match by a mile!

oh god.
i surely missed him

i apologize.
clearly have had one too many and forgot ricketts played outstanding on the flanks and a beauty 2nd goal.

my bad

:(

flatpicker
07-09-2008, 11:18 PM
MOM?
when was she playing?

Daveisonfire
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
LOL @ Edu...............why?

Roogsy
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Ricketts.

Followed very closely by Guevara.

And JJ is showing some great promise.

Donkeys of the match?

Edu, even with the goal, cost another one and is really playing shit lately.
Harmse. Why put him in?

But most of all..Cunny. He is goal-less against USL competition. He needs 20 attemps to put 1 or 2 in the back of the net. And really doesn't look happy at the moment. He needs a change of scenery...pronto.

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
MOM?
when was she playing?

:hump:

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Ricketts and Guevara were are best players tonight.

Just curious our others imput and thoughts on tonight's match player.

VPjr
07-09-2008, 11:53 PM
I voted for JJ but its a tie with Ricketts in my mind. Ro was very effective tonight and scored.

king10
07-10-2008, 06:28 AM
um ricketts?

Carts
07-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Rohan Rickets...

Not only did he finish a beauty strike, he was inches from scoring earlier when he hit the bar...

He battled, won the ball, held possession - busted his ass out there...

RR hands down...

His play, and his attitude, are quickly making him one of my favourite players out there...

Carts...

dannyd
07-10-2008, 06:46 AM
LOL @ Edu...............why?

come'on, he had a goal and an assist... oh wait that was for the wrong team lol...

To be fair... why did Carver put Edu at Center Back??!!!

RedsYNWA
07-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Ricketts

King Tut
07-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Ricketts and Wynne

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 07:30 AM
I voted for JJ but its a tie with Ricketts in my mind. Ro was very effective tonight and scored.

James played fantastic last night. Fuck, I have more confidence in him when the balls near our net then Marshall.

Agreed with Ricketts as well, played solid as well. Fantastic goal, fantastic volley off the bar. Hard working and proving his worth minute by minute... unlike Cunny.

Mrs. Workie
07-10-2008, 07:33 AM
I think it's time to send Cunny packing. I gave him more than enough chances. Time to go. Bye bye.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 07:35 AM
^^ Agreed, I've backed him from the day he got here and took a lot of flak for it. I was confident he would find his scoring touch again. Fucking cunt proved me wrong. GTFO Cunny, you don't want to play and we don't want you.

Jamaicanadian
07-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Ricketts.

Followed very closely by Guevara.

And JJ is showing some great promise.

My sentiments as well!!

Canadian Blue
07-10-2008, 07:39 AM
There is no "Man of the Match" because once again we failed to win a crucial game against a side that we should be able to beat.

Our last 5 games have been 2 Ties and 3 Losses......until we start winning there should be no MOTM awards.

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2008, 07:41 AM
RR with Wynne getting a nod...

Mrs. Workie
07-10-2008, 07:48 AM
^^ Agreed, I've backed him from the day he got here and took a lot of flak for it. I was confident he would find his scoring touch again. Fucking cunt proved me wrong. GTFO Cunny, you don't want to play and we don't want you.

And not only that...the hands on his hips...even last night, sitting in the box after he got fouled and they didnt' call it? Come on. Ok ya there should have been a call, but don't be a baby.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Sitting on the ground for 2 mins after the play? GTFO.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Ricketts, Guevara or James.
Rickets pretty much.

Parkdale
07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Ricketts and Wynne

what he said.

rather than start a new thread, I'll put it in here.
[b]I was really happy with the ref last night.
She made a mistake(?) with the Cunningham thing,
but other than that she was grade-A.

Even when the teams were getting at each other,
she held control and got things moving. I'd much
rather see a ref say 'play on' instead of catering
to the egos of players. Now the linesman.....

dannyd
07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
RR with Wynne getting a nod...

Wynne played like shit and he's becoming more and more of a liability lately. I hope he can turn it around...

brad
07-10-2008, 08:15 AM
To be fair... why did Carver put Edu at Center Back??!!!

He's played there for the USMNT, and by all accounts done a very good job.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 08:28 AM
He's played there for the USMNT, and by all accounts done a very good job.

Agreed, aside from the one mistake that cost us a goal he actually did an alright job for being tossed into a position he's not played in a game for TFC. I can see him being a tough defender to play against. Also, keeps him from fucking up in the midfield trying to run past people.

Wynne played like shit and he's becoming more and more of a liability lately. I hope he can turn it around...

Totally agree. If he wasn't as fast as he is, he would have cost us a LOT of goals already.

what he said.

rather than start a new thread, I'll put it in here.
[b]I was really happy with the ref last night.
She made a mistake(?) with the Cunningham thing,
but other than that she was grade-A.

Even when the teams were getting at each other,
she held control and got things moving. I'd much
rather see a ref say 'play on' instead of catering
to the egos of players. Now the linesman.....

Really? I didn't think she was that great at all. I was saying just after half how she had no control of the players. She didn't demand any respect and when things started getting 'hot' it took Guevara to pull our players away and calm the situation down. She looked afraid to issue cards, which cost her the confidence from the players.

The play on issue, is fine if you do it right. Multiple times she played advantage and then the player would lose the ball after the fact and she stopped play. Wrong call. If you play advantage and the player makes his move, you don't call it back. If you play advantage and they have no chance in the matter, you call it back. She lacked some basic refereeing skills IMO.

rocker
07-10-2008, 08:29 AM
woman of the match..... Kristin Reid!

sully
07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Ricketts

kitchener-TFC
07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Rohan

invictusTFC
07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm going to go with Ricketts for MOM. I loved watching Julius James out there too. He is solid.

Its sad to say, but Sobrango is better than any forward we have on the roster right now. I'd rather have him before Cunny, before Smith, and quite possibly before Dichio. I'm sure he wouldn't command a great salary either.

nimamalek
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Robert and Ricketts both had great games, and I think we realized the value of Velez after he left the field for 5 mins.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm going to go with Ricketts for MOM. I loved watching Julius James out there too. He is solid.

Its sad to say, but Sobrango is better than any forward we have on the roster right now. I'd rather have him before Cunny, before Smith, and quite possibly before Dichio. I'm sure he wouldn't command a great salary either.

Sebrango ;) and yes, his touch on the ball last night was fantastic. Great movement, good runs, always hustling when our defense had the ball.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Robert and Ricketts both had great games, and I think we realized the value of Velez after he left the field for 5 mins.

I realized it pre season and voiced my opinion quite strongly then. ;) I still stand by the fact that he is IMO the best and most consistant defender on our roster.

kitchener-TFC
07-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Right after the Whitecraps scored, I was thinking the same thing.
Stupid "Harm-zey"

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Wasn't it Edu's fault.. not Harmse?

kitchener-TFC
07-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Wasn't it Edu's fault.. not Harmse?
Yea, but the commentators were making such a big deal of Harmse coming on, so it was easy to pin it on him.;)

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Harmse didn't do much wrong in that game IMO. He's got a bad rap and people use it as an excuse.

Mrs. Workie
07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
and I think we realized the value of Velez after he left the field for 5 mins.

I fell in love with Velez in Carolina. He was being pushed and pulled at, he turned to the ref and said "BLOW THE MOTHER FUCKIN WHISTLE!"

I've been a fan of him ever since.

koryo
07-10-2008, 08:59 AM
I think it's time to send Cunny packing. I gave him more than enough chances. Time to go. Bye bye.

Agreed. Though to be honest I gave up on him a month after he arrived here. He's been on borrowed time for awhile now, and his days are very much numbered.

I don't think he'll be here at month's end.

Boris
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I still stand by the fact that he is IMO the best and most consistant defender on our roster.

i agree 100% with you

ACSertL
07-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I thought that the Vancouver left back Lyle Martin had a pretty solid game, as well as that Adderly guy in the midfield.

For TFC I can't decide between Ricketts and James. Ricketts popped one in and made trouble for the Caps defence, but James was so solid last night, with the exception of the first goal...although it might have been Marshall that didn't mark the striker properly.

I guess I will go with Julius James...let the kid have it!

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
I thought that the Vancouver left back Lyle Martin had a pretty solid game, as well as that Adderly guy in the midfield.

For TFC I can't decide between Ricketts and James. Ricketts popped one in and made trouble for the Caps defence, but James was so solid last night, with the exception of the first goal...although it might have been Marshall that didn't mark the striker properly.

I guess I will go with Julius James...let the kid have it!

Most definitely. Been saying it for ages now, he's a liability. He leaves his man nearly every play, which makes Velez/Wynne compensate to cover.

H Bomb
07-10-2008, 09:13 AM
^^ Yeah the first goal was NOT at all James fault. The first shot was off balance and outside the box, no poor defense there. Why the hell Marshall ran directly behind James and left his man is beyond me.

Shaughno
07-10-2008, 09:13 AM
He does it every time.

rocker
07-10-2008, 09:22 AM
^^ Yeah the first goal was NOT at all James fault. The first shot was off balance and outside the box, no poor defense there. Why the hell Marshall ran directly behind James and left his man is beyond me.

I was screaming the same thing at Marshall through the TV.
James had his man.... no problem there.
And then Marshall seems to think he needs to backup James while leaving his own man open?

tfc_4_ever
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
JJ and Ricketts

ACSertL
07-10-2008, 09:38 AM
I didn't mean for this to turn into a 'bash Marshall' thread, but sometimes he does get caught being a little too cute with the ball. I mean I do like that he is confident with the ball at his feet, but often times he makes things more difficult than they should be.

With that said...I do like Marshall on a whole.

So back on topic...James MoM, gets the start against the Fire. :)

Derko
07-10-2008, 10:01 AM
And not only that...the hands on his hips...even last night, sitting in the box after he got fouled and they didnt' call it? Come on. Ok ya there should have been a call, but don't be a baby.

Men of the match for me was Guevara.

Cunningham should have just poked the ball in the net like he is supposed to do, not try his useless attempt at a dive. He has to go, and what the fuck was Edu trying to do heading the ball back to Sutton, the ball was in front of Edu, momentum would have directed the ball to Sutton if Edu had have let the ball bounce off of his chest or legs, that's how I saw it anyway.
Another defencive lake of communication losses TFC 2 points almost 3 points!!

Cunningham and Edu are problems.