PDA

View Full Version : TFC Academy roster players futures

[NBF]
12-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm just curious if there's any word on any of these players being offered a contract with TFC or if they have said anything on whether they plan on going to University somewhere in Canada or in the US.

Stephen Almeida
Michael Bilak
Sergio Camargo
Angelo Cavalluzzo
Jay Chapman
Dakar Charles
Kaheem Christopher
Tristan Jackman
Nathan Kelsey
Chris Mannella
Omari Morris
Jordan Murrell
Tyler Pasher
Michael Petrasso
Quillan Roberts
Stefan Vukovic

Manuel Apericio
Marco Bernabo
Adam Bradshaw
Chad Bush
Dylan Carreiro
Daniel Cramarosa
Trae Crosby
Andrew Curci
Matthew D'Souza
Bobby Frame
Jordan Hamilton
Jordan Haynes
Daniel Jodah
Brandon John
Peter Papadopoulos
Joshua Penello
Deon Rose
Mark Sergeant
Michael Wagenknect
Brendan Woodfull

jasper
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Jordan Murrell is at Syracuse.

ag futbol
12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Camargo, Jackman, and especially Petrasso are supposed to have good potential. I might expect Petrasso to be our first G.A. academy signing but not for another year.

Yeoman
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
i will burn something mlse wise if we do not invest in stefan
i already know of interest in europe on him *gossip abounds*

Soccerpro
12-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Dichio mentioned Camarago and Petrasso and Vukovic as the ones to watch. He stated he hoped Vukovic would get a pro deal this year.

Yeoman
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
be nutty not to

Soccerpro
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
be nutty not to

Apparently Winter didn't rate him in the reserve games he saw last year.

prizby
12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Apparently Winter didn't rate him in the reserve games he saw last year.

thats what he said to me at that meeting in late september

Yohan
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
thats what he said to me at that meeting in late september
i will be annoyed if keith makubuya gets a spot over vukovic

Greatest Ripoff
12-29-2011, 02:31 PM
And how many reserve games did he play in? I think 3 or 4 and he scored 3 goals. I am not sure you can really base a player on 3 or 4 games games.

Also, he looked great in the CSL matches.

iy12l
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
how could winter not like him? this guy is scoring goals in almost every game he plays

Soccerpro
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Omari Morris is at UCONN, and Jordan Murrell is at Syracuse.

I hope more of these players end up going the NCAA route and then getting a shot with TFC again or another MLS team (ie Stinson) rather than just going to the CIS and then calling it a career. UCONN's coach has said he thinks Allando Matheson has a shot of playing pro (remember him?)

greek_magas_88
12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
what about the James Stamopoulos that used to be the star of the academy, hes currently in his 3rd year at Hartford and he won Conference player of the year in his 2nd season and rookie of the year in year 1?

London
12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
how could winter not like him? this guy is scoring goals in almost every game he plays

i am wondering the same thing??

maybe he doesnt fit the system???

i like goals, he scores goals!!!!

J .
12-29-2011, 11:13 PM

Im not too worried about Winter thinks right now, if we continue on like last season he wont be around to offer any contracts.

Petrasso was pretty decent at the u17, he could become quite a good wide player if he ever learns how to cross a ball.

iy12l
12-30-2011, 09:33 AM
if we dont sign vukovic we are going to regret it..

Shway
12-30-2011, 12:00 PM
just like Aleman^

Toronto FC will be the breeding ground for talent, Southern Ontario has already produce
9 academy players to the MLS, in the last year.

I dream of the day when there is 20 academy players on the roster, but for now, even if they dont get signed, I hope they end up somewhere for the sake of the nation.

TFC/Everton
12-30-2011, 01:51 PM
just like Aleman^

Toronto FC will be the breeding ground for talent, Southern Ontario has already produce
9 academy players to the MLS, in the last year.

I dream of the day when there is 20 academy players on the roster, but for now, even if they dont get signed, I hope they end up somewhere for the sake of the nation.

That must be the highest number of MLS players produced by an academy or NCAA University. We are clearly on the right track!

Oldtimer
12-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Im not too worried about Winter thinks right now, if we continue on like last season he wont be around to offer any contracts.

They why post in this thread?:noidea:

This whole thread is predicated on what Winter is doing.

Shway
12-30-2011, 02:15 PM
That must be the highest number of MLS players produced by an academy or NCAA University. We are clearly on the right track!

i think it could be chicago

ag futbol
12-30-2011, 04:09 PM
just like Aleman^

Or if we want to take in different directions, Matheson or Janniere.

But as I wrote in the other thread, these are un-written stories at this point. For now, if we're keeping academy kids coming through to the first team, I'll be happy.

Soccerpro
12-30-2011, 05:30 PM
i will be annoyed if keith makubuya gets a spot over vukovic

I'd be happy if Keith gets some playing time and shows why Winter signed him last year.

Maltese Falcon
12-30-2011, 11:38 PM
I'd be happy if Keith gets some playing time and shows why Winter signed him last year.
I have to have Yohan's back on this one

Shway
12-31-2011, 02:49 AM
I have to have Yohan's back on this one

and i got soccerpro's back, keith got one game to prove himself, and that was the first game of the season, can you imagine the hype! everything was moving pretty fast after being called up to the first team preseason, signing a contract, then starting the first game of the season away to a canadian rival

polak9pete
01-01-2012, 07:59 PM
my brother overheard one of the coaches at the OSA soccer centre saying Vukovic will be signed before training camp

denime
01-01-2012, 08:25 PM
my brother overheard one of the coaches at the OSA soccer centre saying Vukovic will be signed before training camp

Spoke to his father before holidays and it seems to be a done deal,he did not want to go into details,kid is ready to commit,parents supporting it,i think it's up to TFC now to make an offer.

polak9pete
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Spoke to his father before holidays and it seems to be a done deal,he did not want to go into details,kid is ready to commit,parents supporting it,i think it's up to TFC now to make an offer.

sounds good this kid looks to be a good one ..scoring 18 goals against men is pretty good even if it is the CSL