PDA

View Full Version : Today,s News,Sunday,Dec.18

denime
12-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

Contrasting Days For CCL Foes (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/12/contrasting-days-ccl-foes)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

_

pekduck
12-18-2011, 09:45 AM
morning d.

Eastend
12-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Stability and calm for the whole offseason is/would be definitely welcomed change.

TFC/Everton
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Stability and calm for the whole offseason is/would be definitely welcomed change.

I really couldn't agree more. This year our core is coming back, which means they already have chemistry, we dont need to pray for them to gel.

ensco
12-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Being smug because the league champion faces personnel issues and we don't, I mean, c'mon, is this an Onion parody?

We were third worst team in the league, we've got very few players anyone else really wants, we've done nothing yet of substance.....so (slaps head)...of course it's time to break out the high fives!

As to the substance of this, "we're doing nothing" is neither good news nor bad news, yet, but if anything, the clock is ticking, it's a tiny bit worrying.

SoccMan
12-18-2011, 12:10 PM
That has been the problem with this organization from day one, well maybe not going into the first season being the exception,however, we have gone into almost every preseason and even into out first regular season games doing almost nothing, always starting the season with missing pieces, so how this organization thinks that again doing nothing so far in the off season is a good thing is beyond me.

DangerRed
12-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Being smug because the league champion faces personnel issues and we don't, I mean, c'mon, is this an Onion parody?

We were third worst team in the league, we've got very few players anyone else really wants, we've done nothing yet of substance.....so (slaps head)...of course it's time to break out the high fives!

As to the substance of this, "we're doing nothing" is neither good news nor bad news, yet, but if anything, the clock is ticking, it's a tiny bit worrying.

You're so right -- what a stupid fucking story. TFC's making fun of the league champions because Beckham's out of contract and Landycakes is going on loan to an EPL side?

Yeah, because WE really have so much to brag about. TFC should do a story about how great ticket renewals went for them, since that's really an outstanding accomplishment given everything else that's happened.

I'm a big supporter of this club, but when I see shit like this, it really makes you think. I'd be willing to bet good money that if TFC played LA today, or even on day 1 of the new season, they'd wipe the floor with us.

Instead of mouthing off, let's get a grip and sort out our back line so that we can finish better than dead last in the 2012 season.

Canary10
12-18-2011, 12:27 PM
We're hardly doing nothing. Looks like Plata is on the verge of being signed, the Ecks situation will likely resolve shortly, we've filled a need on the right wing, and resigned Cann. We have a chance to draft two very good players in January that will likely be able to contribute fairly quickly. There haven't been any glamour signings, but that's not what we need anyway - we've already got out DPs, we need the right supporting cast. On the CB front, besides Cann, I think no news now is good news as anyone of substance will likely be tied up and have to be brought in through the transfer window. I like how things are shaping up personally.

CretanBull
12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
That might be the most retarded article that I've ever read.

ag futbol
12-18-2011, 03:06 PM
We're hardly doing nothing. Looks like Plata is on the verge of being signed, the Ecks situation will likely resolve shortly, we've filled a need on the right wing, and resigned Cann. We have a chance to draft two very good players in January that will likely be able to contribute fairly quickly. There haven't been any glamour signings, but that's not what we need anyway - we've already got out DPs, we need the right supporting cast. On the CB front, besides Cann, I think no news now is good news as anyone of substance will likely be tied up and have to be brought in through the transfer window. I like how things are shaping up personally.
Some important steps in there, but the totality of it IMO is not enough to improve the squad. We should not be blind to the amount of work this team needs.

There is still time, but I was hoping the team would be more active early in the window, especially considering how we were behind the gun to begin with. There has to be a vision for players on our roster that takes us beyond the likes of Soolsma, Yourassowski, etc...

Oldtimer
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
The article indicates that they are biding their time. No need to be so cynical, this isn't Mo.

Eastend
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow, cynical folks are definitely not in short supply, eh?

ensco
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow, cynical folks are definitely not in short supply, eh?

Skeptical not cynical.

Can you really not say anything negative, without immediately getting hit by posts like this?

levyashin
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
,i think that winter and co. know exactly what this team needs and are doing as much as possible to put it all together.getting plata and eckersly SIGNED is the first order of business. 2 good draft picks or player transfers for said picks is next on the agender.then fill the holes.we should be good to go by training camp ,which is a first.marriner is the key to all this happening.listen to the way he does or does not say something,in the next month.

[NBF]
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM

I dont want to be the alarmist, but remember during the last game during the halftime interview, Paul Mariner said that they might bring in a couple of Centre Backs because of the injuries to Cann and Williams were severe injuries and noone really could tell how they would recover from those injuries.

Meaning, its time to panic, if TFC wants to progress past the quarterfinals of the Champions League.

backbeat
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
;1418912']I dont want to be the alarmist, but remember during the last game during the halftime interview, Paul Mariner said that they might bring in a couple of Centre Backs because of the injuries to Cann and Williams were severe injuries and noone really could tell how they would recover from those injuries.

Meaning, its time to panic, if TFC wants to progress past the quarterfinals of the Champions League.

panic? why? i don't see that at all...

in fact i am happy to see a pragmatic approach, void of the usual panic....

Canary10
12-19-2011, 09:42 AM
;1418912']I dont want to be the alarmist, but remember during the last game during the halftime interview, Paul Mariner said that they might bring in a couple of Centre Backs because of the injuries to Cann and Williams were severe injuries and noone really could tell how they would recover from those injuries.

Everyone is saying that Cann is ready for the start of pre-season.

His health isn't the big worry right now. Whether he's the right solution at CB may in fact be a worry, but his knee is good.

Canary10
12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I totally understand the scepticism by the way. This team's not given us much to hang our hats on...yet at least.