PDA

View Full Version : Re-entry Draft

flamehawk
12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Looks like a bit of a non-event for us.

LA selected 4 players though, on top of 2 of their own.

rocker
12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
it should be called the rear-entry draft.. where veteran players get shafted.

Yohan
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
it should be called the rear-entry draft.. where veteran players get shafted.
you do realize that the purpose of this draft is for the benefit of players? and that players can opt out of re-entry draft if they so wished?

gracos
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I am happy Toronto passed on the re-entry draft, I just didnt see anyone who needed to be here, on that list, next stop MLS Superdraft in January as well maybe see some signings between now and then, I like the new management a lot

ArmenJBX
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Maicon Santos is now a free agent, might be worth a look at a cheaper price...

(same with Jacob Peterson...just sayin') :D

Mark TFC
12-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Never again. Every time I read that name I puke a little.

prizby
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
was really hoping montreal or vancouver would take a crack at jacob peterson

KGH
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM

Those 2 guys were part of the locker room cleansing. Bringing them back, regardless of price, would be a giant step backwards.

Plus if we brought back Peterson after his comments I'd drop my seasons.

ag futbol
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM
you do realize that the purpose of this draft is for the benefit of players? and that players can opt out of re-entry draft if they so wished?
True, if compared to the system before. False, if the standard is the rights most people enjoy while not being employed when bargaining with an employer.

Kaz
12-12-2011, 05:42 PM
was really hoping montreal or vancouver would take a crack at jacob peterson

Like to his head?

or Perhaps the new Impact mascot? Jacob "Limp Act" Peterson doing the "dancing homer" for the away fans?

[NBF]
12-17-2011, 01:01 PM
No one selected these guys::drum:

(ST)Jason Garey, could be a decent backup to Koevermans?
(CB)Shavar Thomas, he would easily take the #1 Centre Back spot from Ty Harden.:D

prizby
12-17-2011, 01:04 PM
;1418649']No one selected these guys::drum:

(ST)Jason Garey, could be a decent backup to Koevermans?
(CB)Shavar Thomas, he would easily take the #1 Centre Back spot from Ty Harden.:D

and where do you suppose we get the cap room for this...don't think thomas is taking a pay cut from $175k

nice idea; if we you take out the salary cap

ArmenJBX
12-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Haters.
That is all.

[NBF]
12-17-2011, 02:55 PM
The L.A. Galaxy took advantage of the re-entry draft to build depth on their squad with players that had some MLS experience. Even if the LA Galaxy hoards all of these bench players I think it will be TFC and all the bottom feeders(mostly TFC)who will come around asking for 1 or 2 players during the mid-season transfer window and they will be able to set the price in their favor.

iy12l
12-17-2011, 03:36 PM
;1418675']The L.A. Galaxy took advantage of the re-entry draft to build depth on their squad with players that had some MLS experience. Even if the LA Galaxy hoards all of these bench players I think it will be TFC and all the bottom feeders(mostly TFC)who will come around asking for 1 or 2 players during the mid-season transfer window and they will be able to set the price in their favor.

those guys are shit... Bruce Arena made la built on david backham cuz 99% of thier goals came from backham in build up play. Wait next season.. they will be in the bottom or middle

And armen ur an idiot,why do u like some crappy midfielder who sucks at passing, running, dribbling, sprinting and eveything possible.. wait let me guess ur jacob peterson?

ArmenJBX
12-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Right, mr. registered in October 2011.

During the Dwayne De Rosario trade (before you even joined) I adopted Jacob Peterson as my "favourite player" as a joke. An in-board, inside joke.

I am very aware that he is shit, thank you very much. Thanks for calling me an idiot, though. Good form.

los sonadores
12-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Right, mr. registered in October 2011.

During the Dwayne De Rosario trade (before you even joined) I adopted Jacob Peterson as my "favourite player" as a joke. An in-board, inside joke.

I am very aware that he is shit, thank you very much. Thanks for calling me an idiot, though. Good form.

Mr. JBX, btw of this 'discussion', I applaud you for your (increasingly complex) in-board humour.

ArmenJBX
12-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm not going to explain every single instance of this, for those people who know my meaning, it's ironic - the performances of Jacob Peterson, coupled with my declaration of favouritism for him, furthered by his almost-immediate departure after this declaration, is just a small part of the culture on this forum. It is for this reason that my avatar is supposedly "cursed."

The comments Peterson made on twitter after the fact basically confirmed to Toronto FC supporters that he's no good here.

For those who don't know or understand this, there it is. You're basically all caught up.

Now smile and laugh a bit, even if it's not funny. This board is way too serious. :D

ag futbol
12-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Speaking of msg board humor inside jokes, two points to whoever gets this one:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070616194621/uncyclopedia/images/archive/4/42/20070617004736%21Carlb-sockpuppet-02.jpg

prizby
12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
;1418675']The L.A. Galaxy took advantage of the re-entry draft to build depth on their squad with players that had some MLS experience. Even if the LA Galaxy hoards all of these bench players I think it will be TFC and all the bottom feeders(mostly TFC)who will come around asking for 1 or 2 players during the mid-season transfer window and they will be able to set the price in their favor.

yet none of the players they "built depth" with have been signed by Los Angelos. All they did was pick players to have the right to negotiate with.

But look at LA for a second.

They might not have back

David Beckham ($335,000)
Miguel Pedro Lopez ($45,000) (not a top 20 salary)
Juninho ($100,000)

Probably won't have back
Leonardo ($100,000)
Chris Birchall ($157,125)
Sean Franklin ($111,139)

That is $803,264

Now suppose $225,000 is for Juninho and $167,500 is for a summer DP. That still leaves LA with $410,764 in cap room to work with...what does Toronto have to work with when trying sign ecks and plata...yeah, complain all you want, but i'll take ecks and plata over drafting garay and thomas or any of the guys LA picked

Oldtimer
12-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Speaking of msg board humor inside jokes, two points to whoever gets this one:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070616194621/uncyclopedia/images/archive/4/42/20070617004736%21Carlb-sockpuppet-02.jpg

Sock Puppet. :D

So you're saying that our "friend" here might have something to do with the aformentioned object?

los sonadores
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not going to explain every single instance of this, for those people who know my meaning, it's ironic - the performances of Jacob Peterson, coupled with my declaration of favouritism for him, furthered by his almost-immediate departure after this declaration, is just a small part of the culture on this forum. It is for this reason that my avatar is supposedly "cursed."

The comments Peterson made on twitter after the fact basically confirmed to Toronto FC supporters that he's no good here.

For those who don't know or understand this, there it is. You're basically all caught up.

Now smile and laugh a bit, even if it's not funny. This board is way too serious. :D

Hey I was being seriously complimentary! It is funny!! Your humour is pretty good and twisted for a youngster.

ArmenJBX
12-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey I was being seriously complimentary! It is funny!! Your humour is pretty good and twisted for a youngster.

Gahh!

You caught me in a fighting spirit!

I apologize, good sir! :D

los sonadores
12-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Gahh!

You caught me in a fighting spirit!

I apologize, good sir! :D

No problem, apology accepted!