12-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Molinaro just tweeted this.

Suds
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
TFC announcement

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/12/neely-and-toronto-fc-part-ways

Waggy
12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Whats this mean? Anyone? I thought that Cochrane was already in charge? Is Winter looking at bringing in someone he knows instead?

Whoop
12-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Neely resigned and caught the team by surprise.

Suds
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
JM's story on his resignation.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/12/05/tfc_neely/

Seems his resignation was kind of sudden. I wonder if he is seeing a better opportunity somewhere else?

scooter
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
sounds like neely made the move
its disappointing news
hopefully someone can talk to stuart and get the truth

mowe
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
According to CSN however, he was "forced out".

Sources close to the club suggested to CSN over the weekend that Neely was being forced out and leaving had not been his first choice. They stressed that he was not leaving to take another position. TFC's current assistant, Bob DeKlerk, who worked under Frank DeBoer in the Ajax youth ranks, has been put forward by the same sources as a potential long term replacement.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2503-Neely-steps-down-from-TFC

rocker
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok, so who's unnamed sources are better, Molinaro's or Rycroft's? LOL.

denime
12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
According to CSN however, he was "forced out".

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2503-Neely-steps-down-from-TFC

It make sense to have someone who actually run the Ajax academy be a TD of TFCA. Academy tryouts did not go well two weeks ago,maybe they were unhappy with the whole tryouts disaster for U13 and U15 and decided to take over the control over the whole operation,TFCA and senior teams.

Greatest Ripoff
12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Academy tryouts did not go well two weeks ago,maybe they were unhappy with the whole tryouts disaster for U13 and U15 and decided to take over the control over the whole operation,TFCA and senior teams.

Any more info on this?

thanks

scooter
12-05-2011, 05:59 PM
It make sense to have someone who actually run the Ajax academy be a TD of TFCA. Academy tryouts did not go well two weeks ago,maybe they were unhappy with the whole tryouts disaster for U13 and U15 and decided to take over the control over the whole operation,TFCA and senior teams.

i agree but why did they make him director they could have left him head coach

anyways lets hope he got a better opportunity

we will probably never know the truth cause stuart will have a gag order in place

ag futbol
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
*groan* ... not the news I wanted to read today.

Let's hope TFC spends as much time trying to get someone good to take over the position as they do patting themselves on the back.

rocker
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
*groan* ... not the news I wanted to read today.

Let's hope TFC spends as much time trying to get someone good to take over the position as they do patting themselves on the back.

you sound skeptical that they won't take the time... that's based on what?

denime
12-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Any more info on this?

thanks

OSA is making TFCA U13-U15 hard time,they can't find the way how to work together.Eventually regional teams would be first filter for U13,but OSA does not want to lose "their"kids,in no other country in the world soccer associations are developing the players,clubs do that,not in Canada.It's well known that Regional and Provincial teams don't have the best kids on their rosters but rather the once whose parents still drink OSA Kool aid and believe that's the best way for their kids to develop.

Once the kid is with Provincial team he/she is not allowed to practice with their REP team fro those 7-8 months,and parents rather have their kid to stay with coach who developed him to be so good as he is,instead some "route one " coach at OSA.

Quality of players/kids that were invited for tryouts was average,many kids/parents declined the invitations,to have 4 scouts to cover whole Ontario for 4 age groups is simply impossible,not the mention that "scouts" are coaches in Youth REP clubs and using the "TFC Scout" for their own advantage,their teams went from 13-14 kids to 23-25 in short period of time,so that they can"evaluate them" for TFCA,of course evaluation is not free $$$$ ;),or if you want his recommendation without getting at his team it will cost you $1000 :facepalm:

I know for fact that 4 players from Sigma FC academy,declined the invitation,one of many reasons is that TFCA will practice once a week until the summer time and kids can stay with their clubs,BS.

Aether do it properly from the beginning or don't do it at all,part time academy does not work,kids are practicing in SAAC Academies 3-4 times per week in exactly same conditions as TFCA and even though it cost a lots of $$$ parents don't want to commit to half ass effort TFCA and OSA.

TFCA should have OPEN tryouts if they want to get best kids to show up,until them just a few"chosen" one might show up.

ag futbol
12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
you sound skeptical that they won't take the time... that's based on what?
My criticism isn't really about "time" as much as it is about talking a big game then implementing a plan that makes us very similar to other academies out there.

eg. Cochrane goes to Mexico, comes back and says all kinds of stuff makes it sound like the facility will be somewhere between amazing and other worldly. End result: facility is nice, but not up to the hype IMO.

It's well known that Regional and Provincial teams don't have the best kids on their rosters but rather the once whose parents still drink OSA Kool aid and believe that's the best way for their kids to develop.

Those programs should be scrapped, they are the biggest joke / waste of money going.

evermorian
12-06-2011, 02:41 AM
I hope the person they hire is NOT Earle Cochrane. He may have some skills running an organization but he is just a left over piece from the Mo Johnston era who, when put in charge, was partially responsible for the whole Dero debacle. I still don't see how he is still part of TFC. I hope the person they do put in charge has some pedigree and success running an academy.

Oldtimer
12-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Ok, so who's unnamed sources are better, Molinaro's or Rycroft's? LOL.

LOL.

golasogolaso
12-06-2011, 12:36 PM
more often than not in these situations, a resignation is really the team forcing a guy out. He gets to go this way, rather than it being stated as a firing. Not sure if this is the case here but I would assume so. Winter will want his own people running the youth, and right now Neely and the coaches are not his guys, nor do they have the background to handle whats needed. Plus with the academy still struggling to attract talents something had to give. Expect a dutchman to come in or De Klerk to take on additional responsibility.

rocker
12-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Neely seems like a good guy, and is well regarded by others. But I'm not going to give him the only credit for producing the kids that have performed. Those kids were already pretty advanced in their development at the point they arrived at TFC (they didn't arrive as 8-10 year olds), not to mention they were culled from around the province after excelling in other programs. Stinson was already well-regarded even before he joined TFC, for example. These guys were good before they got here. The program is too young to know its full effect.

Clearly Neely didn't fuck things up and these kids were on the right path under his direction. But we also don't know who's fallen through the cracks or whether someone else could produce more talent. Winter and Mariner have had a chance to watch his performance for a year. If they have pushed him, then they must have a good reason.

Soccerpro
12-06-2011, 11:10 PM

I saw an interview a short while ago in which Jimmy B or Dichio (can't remember which one) stated they were blown away with the good quality at the u13 try outs...

CSO_BBTB
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I saw an interview a short while ago in which Jimmy B or Dichio (can't remember which one) stated they were blown away with the good quality at the u13 try outs...

If they were not impressed do you think they would say it publicly during an interview? There was a lot of wrangling between TFC and the OSA before the Academy was first launched and from the outside looking in it looked like a case of one of Jim Cannovan's cronies (formerly the head honcho at the OSA on the coaching side and like Nealy also from the Glasgow area in Scotland originally) getting the job as part of the deal that was made between the two organizations. I suspect Ben Rycroft and Denime are providing the straight goods on this, while John Molinaro is providing the corporate spin for the mainstream media given he is higher up the food chain in media terms.

DOMIN8R
02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks to West220Side for this.
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012...nd-advancement (http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/02/whitecaps-fc-name-stuart-neely-head-player-management-and-advancement)

ag futbol
02-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Somehow this seems less important than it once did. I guess we'll see how Vancouver does with this. Funny how it was once thought they had this crazy advantage, yet they go and hire our guy

DOMIN8R
02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Perhaps hiring Neely had been in works for quite some time. Say - before December?

tovan
02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Despite being hired, Neely won't be the guy running the show. I'm pretty sure Richard Grootscholten will continue to be the man.

West220Side
02-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Thanks to West220Side for this.
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012...nd-advancement (http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012/02/whitecaps-fc-name-stuart-neely-head-player-management-and-advancement)

Cheers for helping it find its place.

Brooker
02-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Why is the greatest soccer franchise in North America hiring our guys now?

I thought our staff was shit?

Oldtimer
02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
^LOL

I think there are quite a few people here who would prefer to forget their overmuch praise of the Whitecaps FO (remember how they were going to make the playoffs in their first year? lol).

ag futbol
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
To be fair though, we might not actually know how good their academy staff is / was because the first team doesn't seem to have any commitment to bring players through.

Like a lot of clubs out there, it looks like they want to go from A to Z in one shot. You want to benefit from your academy and develop players but your so focused on winning that you don't feed the young guys enough time. Tough to players who can't see the field, regardless of how good they are.

At least TFC was pragmatic enough to take a few chances when the season was toast. What were the whitecaps waiting for exactly? complete lack of vision IMO.

jabbronies
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Vancouver Whitecaps are the perfect representation of of the tired old school of thought that the CSA is built on.

West220Side
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Neely, Teibert reunited in Vancouver after Toronto switch

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/02/17/neely-teibert-reunited-vancouver-after-toronto-switch

prizby
02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
wonder why teibert moved to vancouver in the first place

ag futbol
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM
^ Because it was "so much better" remember?

To underscore my point I have obtained a rare photo of Teibert in action:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tom+Soehn+Vancouver+Whitecaps+FC+v+Chivas+H9A8bpzJ qlGl.jpg

Shway
02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
wonder why teibert moved to vancouver in the first place

Vancouvers residency program was up and running along time before toronto fc academy. There was a numerous amount of players from the VWR going to play on loan in germany. At the time they offered a better opportunity.

scooter
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Vancouver Whitecaps are the perfect representation of of the tired old school of thought that the CSA is built on.

hear ya jabs
but i hope you are wrong
csa is trying to change internally and outside influences are pushing for better and new ideas
i know our rivals caps and limps will be hated on game day but overall i hope its better for the mens national team and soccer in general in our country