07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
http://www.mauriceedu.com

thats right.

his own site.

note sure if people have seen it.

its like all mo all the time

zeelaw
07-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Voting for and planning goal celebrations?

We need to get rid of Cunny now, before he poisons Mo Edu anymore. (Makes sense with there form.)

arsenal
07-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Just submitted this question ...

"It is currently halftime of the game @ Vancouver and I am wondering what has happened to your game? You seem lost out there .... and have most of the season. Why do you think your level of play has dropped off this season? "

werewolf
07-09-2008, 10:11 PM
if we send celebration ideas, will he actually score a goal this season worth celebrating?

Roogsy
07-09-2008, 10:13 PM
LOL!

Seriously...since last year I think some of the "potential" talk has gone to his head. He seems distracted. By England perhaps?

colman1860
07-09-2008, 10:22 PM
He'd be lucky to make a prem team's reserves the way he's been playing this year.

colman1860
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
And now he scores. Still, I'm not liking the way he's been playing. Seems like he doesnt give a shit.

Roogsy
07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
LOL! Any way you can pull that question back?

But it's true...

arsenal
07-10-2008, 08:34 AM
LOL! Any way you can pull that question back?

But it's true...

Wouldn't pull it back. He is lost out there ... he was in the right spot at the right time for the goal but he let the one in (playing on "d" so gets benefit of doubt out of position but he has been horrendous. The # of times he gives the ball away with little or no effort is horrendous. Passes straight to the opposition in the middle of the field are now commonplace.

MartinUtd
07-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I told him to emulate this celebration

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czc5vKu5wqg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czc5vKu5wqg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lucky Strike
07-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I really hate Mo's site, it reeks of me me me!

MartinUtd
07-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah no shit.. check out the poll

How many goals will Mo score in 2008?
5-10
10-15
15-20
20-25

Where's 1-5?

Steve
07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow, that site is exactly what's wrong with him.

Here's Edu's problem: Last year people saw a lot of potential. That's because last year Edu came into the league to learn, not to teach. He learned from Robinson, he learned from Mo, he learned from all of our players and applied everything he learned to the pitch. After last year, he started to buy his own hype. He heard he was going to Europe, he started getting called up as a regular to the USMNT, and he decided (sometime over the course of the offseason) that he was better than MLS. When he came back, he didn't play like he had something to prove, he didn't play like a student, he played like he had already proved everything he needed to. He played as if he was so far above the league, he could do whatever he wanted.

What does that mean on the pitch? He still has the same ball skill he had last year, but when in the same situation:

Last year, he would have laid the ball off safetly, or taken a calculated risk on a pass, or dribbled around a single man if the situation warrented, looking clean and crisp in the process.

This year he holds the ball too long, tries to make passes that are far above his skill level (thereby passing to the opposition), tries to dribble around 4 guys (Good job Edu! You got past 3 of them! Sadly, you get 0 points for getting past three guys if the 4th strips you EVERY TIME. Oh, and you just set up a counter for them when we had multiple players in dangerous positions. Good for you), and generally loses the ball.

I don't know who has been voting for Edu for the all-stars, but they have been doing us all a disservice. Despite him having a really shitty year, Edu is still voted for in the all-stars, he's still called up to the USMNT, and he's still starting all of our games. Sorry Edu, but it's time you started riding some pine. The best thing for his game, long term and short term, would be to kick him in the ass and make him earn his start. Put on Harmse instead of him. Play a 4 man mid when we get some viable options at striker. Either way, Bench Edu. Hell, for the first game benched, don't even put him on the subs list. Make him earn that too. Edu has been complacent, and if Carver is serious about not accepting complacency, he'll have to act.

ilikemusic
07-10-2008, 10:12 AM
For all the complaints about goal celebrations I dont think anyone has mentioned he did the exact right thing after scoring last night. Grabbed the ball and ran it back to centre field.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
I really hate Mo's site, it reeks of me me me!

he LOVEEEEEEEEEEES himself, doesn't he??? focus on the fooking pitch, mo!!!

ps, i still love robbie's up the line goal celebration, lol

trane
07-10-2008, 10:57 AM
LOL!

Seriously...since last year I think some of the "potential" talk has gone to his head. He seems distracted. By England perhaps?

That is exactly what I am thinking, I so him in a Starbucks Downtown some time ago, and my impression from the way he is carrying himself I think he needs to learn to humble. He is talking about playing for Man U and Barca, is he kidding, he is not ready to play for Fulham or Atalanta. I have been defending him but I realize if he believes the hype he will not grow as a player.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-10-2008, 10:59 AM
^ even fulham or atalanta is a BIG stretch at this point

trane
07-10-2008, 11:14 AM
^ I agree. Serie C and League 2 is more like it.