PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Nov.24

denime
11-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

Expansion Draft: Reds Retain Players (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/11/expansion-draft-reds-retain-players)

Toronto Waives Squad Players (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/11/toronto-waives-squad-players)

Canada soars 11 spots to 72nd in FIFA rankings (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2011/11/23/sp-soccer-canada-fifa-rankings.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

_

Fort York Redcoat
11-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Perfect time to invite China over for a friendly on Feb 29!! More likely to get the 73rd ranked team here and get a fantastic crowd than number 72 Austria. Look out Austria!! We're nipping at your heels!!:canada:

London
11-24-2011, 08:00 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ do people from china support there teams??

if so, this could be the biggest (visiter)home match in Canada, there are alot if people from china in canada

Ossington Mental Youth
11-24-2011, 08:15 AM
the chinese league is also corrupt as shit

Fort York Redcoat
11-24-2011, 08:57 AM
^Yes London, it would be a huge game. Ossi, does them being corrupt help or hurt us getting a game with them?

Technorgasm
11-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Dear Santa. . JR HOILLETT for CANADA

thank you.

Transfer news: Junior Hoilett linked with Tottenham in £9m ... (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Junior-Hoilett-linked-with-Tottenham-in-9m-Blackburn-move-article834466.html) - 3 hours ago
Harry Redknapp is targeting Hoilett to boost his side's chances of returning to the Champions League, says The Independent. He is said to have been offered ...

pekduck
11-24-2011, 09:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ do people from china support there teams??

if so, this could be the biggest (visiter)home match in Canada, there are alot if people from china in canada

they do, but the hardcore ultras (construction bricks shower, flares, flipping visiting team bus over etc..) can't get out of the country, lol

all the ones here will be relatively tame and repetitive chants

if we and voyageurs bring our top game, quality can still overrun quantity

Oldtimer
11-24-2011, 09:17 AM
^Yes London, it would be a huge game. Ossi, does them being corrupt help or hurt us getting a game with them?

It probably means nothing to is, but if you see guys in the stands wearing dark glasses and talking on cell-phones during the match, combined with some mystery "mistakes" by some Chinese players, you know the fix is in.

Fort York Redcoat
11-24-2011, 09:48 AM
they do, but the hardcore ultras (construction bricks shower, flares, flipping visiting team bus over etc..) can't get out of the country, lol

all the ones here will be relatively tame and repetitive chants

if we and voyageurs bring our top game, quality can still overrun quantity

The stadium would even more red than the Peru match..

cincy
11-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Dear Santa. . JR HOILLETT for CANADA

thank you.

Transfer news: Junior Hoilett linked with Tottenham in £9m ... (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Junior-Hoilett-linked-with-Tottenham-in-9m-Blackburn-move-article834466.html) - 3 hours ago
Harry Redknapp is targeting Hoilett to boost his side's chances of returning to the Champions League, says The Independent. He is said to have been offered ...

Hopefully this is the reason he hasn't laced em up for Canada yet

ArmenJBX
11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/san-jose-earthquakes-lose-defender-bobby-burling-to-the-montreal-impact-in-the-2011-mls-expansion-draft/

Jesse Marsch wants to sign Nana Attakora

ManUtd4ever
11-24-2011, 10:55 AM
http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/san-jose-earthquakes-lose-defender-bobby-burling-to-the-montreal-impact-in-the-2011-mls-expansion-draft/

Jesse Marsch wants to sign Nana Attakora

According to the article, it is San Jose that is intent on re-signing Attakora.

ManUtd4ever
11-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Regarding the Brian Ching controversy, it will be interesting to see if he actually retires now. If he does, the joke's on Montreal, as they would have wasted a valuable pick out of spite.

For Montreal's sake, they better hope that Houston wants Ching back (as a player) badly enough to part with Hainault, or that Ching is willing to play for another MLS club that is willing to part with assets.

In retrospect, it was a risky move by Marsch because there were several other younger talented players available that would have likely been willing to report to Montreal.

Roogsy
11-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Houston has already indicated they will be negotiating for his rights. It has already appeared to pay off. To what extend is yet to be seen.

__wowza
11-24-2011, 11:06 AM
montreal called houston/chings bluff, no player in their right mind wants to retire until they know it's their time. ching honestly looks like he's enjoying himself when he plays and still has a year left in him to be a major offensive threat before his abilities start to wane. to retire would mean basically giving up the game he loves because he doesn't want to play for the impact, but maybe montreal knew that.

maybe the reason why they took him was because they knew what he means to the franchise and fanbase. the bigger the response from the fans, the more pressure it puts on the FO to get him back by any means necessary.

i'm not saying they shouldn't attempt to get him back, but the last thing you want to do is trade away for a player who only has a year or two left, tops. maybe montreal were hoping that by taking the franchise player they could use the outrage to swing an unreasonable deal which sees them getting a lopsided trade. any of the stuff suggested are all plausible outcomes, either he plays for montreal, plays for houston or retires prematurely (which would be a damn shame).

ManUtd4ever
11-24-2011, 11:15 AM
If one considers Ching's salary, I personally think it would have made more sense to nab a younger striker like Omar Bravo. Alternatively, midfield stalwarts like Grabavoy or Quaranta are players that would have benefited a young expansion team as well.

Considering the available options and the risk vs reward factor, I'm not sure Montreal made a wise move in selecting Ching.

Roogsy
11-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Salary is not a consideration here. Ching will not be playing in Montreal.

ensco
11-24-2011, 11:50 AM
This is going down the road of the "Mo - McBride to Chicago" standoff. Eventually the league will have to dictate the terms of a deal.

Roogsy
11-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Maybe...what is definitely going to happen is Montreal will squeeze something out of this deal, even if it's something as simple as allocation money.

ManUtd4ever
11-24-2011, 12:23 PM
This is going down the road of the "Mo - McBride to Chicago" standoff. Eventually the league will have to dictate the terms of a deal.

Maybe...what is definitely going to happen is Montreal will squeeze something out of this deal, even if it's something as simple as allocation money.

Agreed, although Houston has already stated that they will not be lured into overpaying to reacquire Ching as result of Montreal's maneuver.

So the questions is, if Ching doesn't retire, will the inevitable return (be it allocation, a player or draft pick) be more beneficial to Montreal than one of the other notable players that were available for selection?

Time will tell.

moralis
11-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Another Dwayne De Rosario story. Take it for what it is.

"De-Ro still wants your respect"

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7266085/mls-dwayne-de-rosario-wants-your-respect-soccer

Suds
11-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Maybe that was their plan from the start??

Oldtimer
11-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Another Dwayne De Rosario story. Take it for what it is.

"De-Ro still wants your respect"

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7266085/mls-dwayne-de-rosario-wants-your-respect-soccer

I just woke up one morning and I was supposed to go to my daughter's graduation, and they called and said, "We traded you for Dax McCarty." I was like, "OK, I'm not a rookie. I was at training in the morning, you could have simply pulled me aside then. It's not like you just got a call and said 'OK, we want to trade him.'" You have to be building this up, and you have to let the player know, especially a player that's been in the league for so long. And that's a big problem that I have with a lot of these teams who don't respect their players. And I felt really disrespected in New York by the way that was handled. It was handled very unprofessionally for a club that's trying to be a mega club and they're treating the players like that. That's just unbelievable. I would have appreciated it if they'd called me in and told me to my face, but to get a call in the morning -- for me, I've never experienced anything like that.

He sounds really unhappy with how Soler treated him.

Canary10
11-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Houston won't give up Hainault for him. That would be like giving the kidnapper everything they want.

Auzzy
11-24-2011, 02:26 PM
"Kidnapper" that's funny. Houston left Ching unprotected, no kidnapping happening there.

Yohan
11-24-2011, 02:36 PM
He sounds really unhappy with how Soler treated him.
Soler's turning out to be just like MoJo. he tried to get Tim Ream to sign an extension on the team bus lol

Canary10
11-24-2011, 02:46 PM
DeRo just sounds like a bitter individual all around in that article.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-24-2011, 03:13 PM

Sorry was reading this off my phone and got it confused with the anelka to china rumor

denime
11-24-2011, 05:57 PM
DeRo just sounds like a bitter individual all around in that article.

I disagree,DeRo is a veteran in this league and he deserves more respect from technical stuff in MLS.

Just like he said,he is not a rookie,there are better ways to let him know.

FGS even TFC gave him a note about trade and did not play him one game before trade,RPNY move was unprofessional indeed.

Brooker
11-24-2011, 06:29 PM
9/25/10

Kaz
11-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Dero comes off as a dick. The only reason people treat you like that is because they don't like you. This tells me he is very hard to work with if he doesn't get the "respect" he feels he deserves if he does or not.

He needs to learn some god damn humility.

BFin
11-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Wow, what a change of pace the video interview and the actual article are.

While I don't think he comes off as a dick by any means I do think he mentions money a little too much in the article. He's well within his right to talk about his consistently good performance over the course of his MLS career, and right to say that the MLS needs to step up to keep it's best players...but do not talk about contracts and deserving more money in interviews.

Congrats to Dero, ESPN SportsCenter is a huge accomplishment on top of everything he has earned this year.

Chevy
11-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Sure he's all lovey-dovey with DC at the moment. My guess is that in a few months DC will be added to the ever-growing list of teams that "done DeRo wrong".

I can't see DC offering anything north of $600k over two years (maybe a club option for a third year). Even this offer would be a stretch and we all know the player values himself way higher than that. Stay tuned.

Fair article though, but a lot of "I'm doing this for my family" stuff, which is completely irrelevant in a contract negotiation and sort of makes him sound like he's hard up for cash.

Stryker
11-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm sick of him using his family to justify his actions. Did he make the cheque signing motion because his family was starving? At 400,000+ last season I should hope not.
It's just as much because he wants to drive a Ferrari instead of a Ford as it is his family.

Canary10
11-25-2011, 10:25 AM
He does nothing to shrug off the MeRo tag either. In fact, his whole message is look after yourself first. He comes off looking really bad here imo.

ManUtd4ever
11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
DeRo is a phenomenal talent when he's motivated. Unfortunately, he has the personality of a selfish prick.

Amidst all the turmoil when DeRo was trying to renegotiate a more lucrative contract after JDG's arrival, did he ever stop to think how that rubbed off on all the younger players in the locker room that were earning a fraction of his 500K salary?

In professional sports, there are unfair discrepancies in salary on every team relative to individual player performances. It's the nature of the beast. All a player can do is try to negotiate the best possible deal for himself when his existing contract is due to expire.

I have no respect for an athlete that puts his own interests ahead of his club, deliberately causes media controversy, causes unecessary distractions for his teammates, and then demands a trade out of his hometown because the league wanted him to abide by the terms of his existing, legally binding contract.

Sign a contract, play hard, shut the fuck up, and renegotiate when your time comes.

Good luck in DC DeRo. Hopefully, you'll finally get what you feel you're worth, and you can leave that bitterness behind that seemed to follow you to Houston, Toronto, and New York.

v00d00daddy
11-26-2011, 07:36 PM
There's very little to be said about this interview cause DeRo said it all himself.

One thing I know for sure...if I had a son or daughter looking to be a professional athlete DeRo would be the LAST example of the way to do become one.

Money is #1 with a bullet for him. The word respect got thrown around a lot in that interview and it left me wondering....where did this guy learn that money=respect.

DC...pay him please...so we no longer have to listen to his "woe is me" story.

Good riddance.