PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Saturday,Nov.19

denime
11-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Mornin'

No TCF News today

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

_

scooter
11-19-2011, 08:16 AM
mornin d

menefreghista
11-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Of course the big news from yesterday was De Rosario winning the league MVP. Its too bad the mods here are doing theri best to make it look like no one notices/stifle any discussion about it.

The news is everywhere.

ManUtd4ever
11-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Of course the big news from yesterday was De Rosario winning the league MVP. Its too bad the mods here are doing theri best to make it look like no one notices/stifle any discussion about it.

The news is everywhere.

It's been acknowledged, and DeRo deserves it. The reason the related threads were closed is because they started to degenerate into a shitshow bashing TFC management for a situation that they had little control over.

I don't think the mods or anyone else on this site have any issues whatsoever with praising DeRo for his notable accomplishment. It just becomes tiresome when certain posters use his accomplishments as the basis to unjustly criticize Winter and Mariner. DeRo forced his way out of town, and our club has moved on. Let's leave it at that.

menefreghista
11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
It's been acknowledged, and DeRo deserves it. The reason the related threads were closed is because they started to degenerate into a shitshow bashing TFC management for a situation that they had little control over.

I don't think the mods or anyone on this site have any issues whatsoever with praising DeRo for his notable accomplishment. It just becomes tiresome when certain posters use his accomplishments to unjustly criticize Winter and Mariner. DeRo forced his way out of town, and our club has moved on. Let's leave it at that.

The move by the mods was lame.

Its funny how anti-management threads are always closed, yet the mods want to claim they don't have an agenda.

Anyways, I'm happy for De Rosario and this is a black mark on the overall management of TFC, whether Winter/Mariner deserve any responsibility for what happened.

I just wished the club tired harder to keep De Rosario and didn't throw away a good 60% of the season.

Tommy
11-19-2011, 10:19 AM
well said!

Pookie
11-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Funny that overly negative opinions aren't necessarily met with open arms on a supporters' website? hmmm

Anyways, there is a DeRo thread ongoing in the members section and so far it is progressing just fine.

Roogsy
11-19-2011, 10:42 AM
It has 3 posts congratulating DeRo. If that's the kind of thread we want on this board, we may need to use some of that product of that team in Harrison NJ.

Roogsy
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
It just becomes tiresome when certain posters use his accomplishments as the basis to unjustly criticize Winter and Mariner.

Staying away from the DeRo topic (because I dont want this thread closed) what makes it an unjust criticism? On any team in any sport, if you trade your star player (which DeRo was) for a gift-card at Wal-Mart and then that player goes on to have not just another star year, but a historic year in the league breaking records along the way, while your team has one of the worst years in it's (admittedly short) existence, are you saying that is not an element to be considered in their evaluation?

Waggy
11-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Well, I'm glad I avoided this place yest. See you guys next week

Pookie
11-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Staying away from the DeRo topic (because I dont want this thread closed) what makes it an unjust criticism? On any team in any sport, if you trade your star player (which DeRo was) for a gift-card at Wal-Mart and then that player goes on to have not just another star year, but a historic year in the league breaking records along the way, while your team has one of the worst years in it's (admittedly short) existence, are you saying that is not an element to be considered in their evaluation?

Gift card at Wal-Mart... meh. Not sure how you can reach that conclusion when we haven't used the first round pick yet. But hey, I take it you have a pre-drawn conclusion on that topic at the ready.

As an aside, when Jeff Cunningham was acquired, we gave up Alecko Eskandarian and a first round pick that became Julius James.

A short time later, we traded Cunningham for a 3rd Round Pick that became Mike Grella.

Cunningham went on to win the Golden Boot.

Are you equally miffed at the Cunningham trade?

boban
11-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Anyways, there is a DeRo thread ongoing in the members section
Don't you think that's part of the problem?

Kaz
11-19-2011, 11:52 AM

Actually you are right it should, it increases that evaluation, it says Winter has a vision that isn't based on building a team around a single player. And that issue was causing problems, no one was happy, no one was going to be happy as no one was going to get what they wanted. So he made a tough choice, and still was able to bring in the pieces to help salvage part of the season. And great at least the molding for the foundation going forward. That says a lot actually for a first time MLS manager.

If he fails to achieve wins next year then you can put this in a failure category. But right now, the Cat is both alive and dead.

Either way DeRo is in a place he's happy with, and had a great season, which is good for MLS, good for him, and good for the CMNT. So it was a win this year for everyone but TFC and even then it might be shown to be a win down the road.

bman27
11-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I just wished the club tired harder to keep De Rosario and didn't throw away a good 60% of the season.

I Have a huge problem with a blanket statement like this. at the Time of the trade there was nothing saying that dero was going to have as good of season as he did. There is also nothing stating that he would have had as good of a season here in toronto as he did in NY/DC. He looked just as bad as the whole team did in those early games. Secondly who's to say we would have done better with Dero here? there is certainly no precedent for that, considering we didn't make the playoffs when he was here. It would be one thing if we squeaked into the playoffs last year and failed this year. And finally, most of us attribute the turn around to the arrival of Frings and koovermans. Do we honestly think we would get both or either here with Dero resigned to a DP style contract? Without them where would we have finished? Even if we did sign them, how would Dero do having to be second fiddle to Frings and Koov in both leadership and scoring respectfully?

ag futbol
11-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I Have a huge problem with a blanket statement like this. at the Time of the trade there was nothing saying that dero was going to have as good of season as he did. There is also nothing stating that he would have had as good of a season here in toronto as he did in NY/DC. He looked just as bad as the whole team did in those early games. Secondly who's to say we would have done better with Dero here? there is certainly no precedent for that, considering we didn't make the playoffs when he was here. It would be one thing if we squeaked into the playoffs last year and failed this year. And finally, most of us attribute the turn around to the arrival of Frings and koovermans. Do we honestly think we would get both or either here with Dero resigned to a DP style contract? Without them where would we have finished? Even if we did sign them, how would Dero do having to be second fiddle to Frings and Koov in both leadership and scoring respectfully?
All this serves as alternate logic but hardly solid evidence.

I for one do not think Dero looked as bad as the rest of the team did in those first few games. Our problems were mainly at the back where we were leaking goals.

As for our success with Frings and Koovermans ... well I'll be waiting for a real taste of what that's like next year, because thus far it's no better than what Dero did in the past.

TFC/Everton
11-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I personally think the moderators do an excellent job of keeping a level of civility. Forums can easily be taken over by trolls and are prone to bullying, and our mods have done a good job of monitoring and removing. Keep up the good work mods, dont let these people get you down!

keem-o-sabi
11-19-2011, 07:33 PM
i'm late with this one, but she is smoking hot coed girl (http://coedmagazine.com/2011/01/20/sara-jean-underwood-overdose-100-photos/sara-jean-underwood-overdose-9/#16)