PDA

View Full Version : Does tfc management run this supporter group?

edmundo
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM
why is it that since dero won all threads regarding mls mvp or dero have been closed? THIS IS BLATANT CENSORSHIP! ITS A FREE COUNTRY YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS, WE HAVE FREE SPEECH YOU BUNCH OF COMMUNIST FUCKS! GO AHEAD CLOSE THIS THREAD ASSHOLES! YOURE A JOKE OF A SUPPORTER GROUP! YOU CALL YOURSELF ULTRAS YET YOURE SO FAR UP TFC MANAGEMENTS ASS THAT YOU HAVE NO VOICE OF YOUR OWN!

Chevy
11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
I think it is a blatant attempt to minimize stupidity on these boards. Why don't you try a "DeRo MVP Appreciation Thread" instead of a half-witted rant? Might get better results.

KGH
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
In before the lock and ban!!

edmundo
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
@chevy because that will get closed down too you communist asshole, are you fucking retarded?

Fishnicker
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Is there such a thing as decaf crack?

TFCBarrie
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Best Poster. A+

ArmenJBX
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't want to get involved in this. Frankly it's not my place.

However, RPB management needs to address the censorship issue quickly and properly, or risk losing future support.

The RPB has a very startup feel - those who joined early are heard and new members don't seem to matter as much. We need to address this issue.

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Love your sig Jimmy! :lol:

IN BEFORE THE CLOSE! :hurray:

ginkster88
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't want to get involved in this. Frankly it's not my place.

However, RPB management needs to address the censorship issue quickly and properly, or risk losing future support.

The RPB has a very startup feel - those who joined early are heard and new members don't seem to matter as much. We need to address this issue.

Lol.

Startups work the other way around... the newcomers push the first adopters out.

And in that regard, you are exactly right about these boards.

edmundo
11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
funny part is Im not new, Ive been here since day 1 but I dont come on here cuz Im sick and tired of these puppet RPB moderators trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't think, its appalling, this simply shows that the RED PATCH BOYS are infact a communist organization operating WITHIN canada! this should be national news!

ginkster88
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
HA!

Blame the communists!

Priceless.

Jack
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
First of all, I will clear up a couple of misconceptions here.

1) Censorship: This forum is run by and paid for by the Red Patch Boys. We will close any thread, delete any post or otherwise use the forum how our moderation team and leadership sees fit. Censorship? You bet your ass that if you say something that is inappropriate according to the standards and guidelines laid down by the forum rules then you will be censored.

2) Free speech: You can say whatever you want on these forums as long as you are respectful and polite. As soon as things deteriorate into ad hominem, declarations against the character and intelligence of other posters or basic insults, then yes, you are no longer entitled to speak freely about those things. It's our forum, we pay for it and we decide the rules. This is, quite simply, an irrelevant issue on a privately owned and operated internet forum that allows you to use their service.

3) Communism: I suggest you look up the definition of communism, because we aren't that :)

Derko
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I must commend edmundo on his passion, no need to be personal though, but hey, his rant!!

smtavare
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
0yDrtNEr_5M

bahahaha!!!

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
2) Free speech: You can say whatever you want on these forums as long as it agrees with our agenda.

FYP...

edmundo
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
@jack so closing down any thread that mentions mvp immediately after dero rightfully wins the award is " inappropriate according to the standards and guidelines laid down by the forum rules" ??? sorry bro, I love you, but that is called censorship, and you know who does that? COMMUNISTS, thats whats up!

Jack
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
FYP...

Pathetic. Embarrassing even.

Canary10
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
funny part is Im not new, Ive been here since day 1 but I dont come on here cuz Im sick and tired of these puppet RPB moderators trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't think, its appalling, this simply shows that the RED PATCH BOYS are infact a communist organization operating WITHIN canada! this should be national news!

How do you know they're not right wing fascists?

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Pathetic. Embarrassing even.

As is closing thread that didn't need closing because you disagree with discussion. My taking a shot doesn't compare with the abusing a position of authority that is happening right before our eyes.

And then to double the error when a member raises the issue privately and shut him down as well.

I'd have to wonder how you would react if the roles were reversed.

JonO
11-18-2011, 01:01 PM
FYP...
Unnecessary... and untrue. C'mon Roogs - you (of all people ;)) should know better...

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:01 PM
@jack so closing down any thread that mentions mvp immediately after dero rightfully wins the award is " inappropriate according to the standards and guidelines laid down by the forum rules" ??? sorry bro, I love you, but that is called censorship, and you know who does that? COMMUNISTS, thats whats up!

You'd be surprised to know that our own government doesn't allow any of their employees to say anything publicly without being sanctioned as an official spokesperson. I suppose we live in a communist state?

The DeRo issue has been hammered relentlessly on this board. The dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. As soon as the discussion turns to the same circular argument that has no resolution, there is no productive reason to allow the thread to continue. It's the same people saying the same things, almost to the point where they should just quote their old posts.

smtavare
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
0yDrtNEr_5M

bahahaha!!!

Derko
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM

You are right, but the so called 'Free World' have their of own Censorship, It's called Propoganda, The Thought Police of Orwell's 1984 comes to mind.

Just making a joke!!

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Unnecessary... and untrue. C'mon Roogs - you (of all people ;)) should know better...

If there was another recourse my man...I'd prefer it. There simply is no advocate among the moderators for the opposite point of view anymore.

Kooper
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
How do you know they're not right wing fascists?

Or monarchists, or despots, or theocrats, or tyrants.

When you call someone a communist or facist you lose the argument and sound like an idiot.

We in Canada have limits to our free speech but you wouldn't call our leaders communists or facists.

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm still struggling to understand what cause you are championing here, Roogs, other than "against-the-mods".

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
You'd be surprised to know that our own government doesn't allow any of their employees to say anything publicly without being sanctioned as an official spokesperson. I suppose we live in a communist state?

The DeRo issue has been hammered relentlessly on this board. The dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. As soon as the discussion turns to the same circular argument that has no resolution, there is no productive reason to allow the thread to continue. It's the same people saying the same things, almost to the point where they should just quote their old posts.

Except of course that the very fact that he won the MVP disproves a lot of what was said before and forces people to revisit their old points and reevaluate whether they were right. But you can't do that if the discussion is closed can you?

We all have opinions on who will win the Cup this weekend. And are currently discussing it. But once the Cup is won, are you telling me that the discussion should be closed because as Oldtimer put it "now we know"?

You're just rationalizing the indefensible.

edmundo
11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
@smtavare this should be the new RPB anthem, they must start singing this before and during future games, BE TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE!

JonO
11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Roogsy: Shouldn't matter. As long as they (moderators) tolerate free discourse (which for the most part, it appears to me that they do). Anyway, although I think the MVP thread was closed prematurely, I can understand the reason for doing so.

Personally, I would have preferred that the thread just stay on topic, but that's more work for the moderators and requires some discipline by the posters too. Maybe the mods need to start handing out more infractions for veering off topic?

edmundo
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM

so then when george bush screws up royally news agencies and civilians arent allowed to make any mention anywhere about what hes done? this isnt cuba bro! as long as this country is still called canada I will speak my mind and say whatever I want without being censored by communist RED PATCH BOY moderators!!!

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Roogsy: Shouldn't matter. As long as they (moderators) tolerate free discourse (which for the most part, it appears to me that they do). Anyway, although I think the MVP thread was closed prematurely, I can understand the reason for doing so.

Personally, I would have preferred that the thread just stay on topic, but that's more work for the moderators and requires some discipline by the posters too. Maybe the mods need to start handing out more infractions for veering off topic?

It used to be that mods would actively *nudge* threads into the right direction or *poke* users into toning things down.

Now they just shut it down but don't want to call it censorship? If it walks like a duck...

The worst part is that this discussion could have happened behind closed doors between members. But even then they don't want to hear it and close that down too.

And yet still that is not censorship? Of the very people who help PAY for the board?

edmundo
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
And one last thing, this story is getting spread to all the major soccer writers in north america, READ PATCH BOYS youve pissed off the wrong guy, I dont fuck around!

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Except of course that the very fact that he won the MVP disproves a lot of what was said before and forces people to revisit their old points and reevaluate whether they were right. But you can't do that if the discussion is closed can you?

We all have opinions on who will win the Cup this weekend. And are currently discussing it. But once the Cup is won, are you telling me that the discussion should be closed because as Oldtimer put it "now we know"?

You're just rationalizing the indefensible.

Actually, I'm just tired of mediating between a group of grown men who can't find a middle ground on an internet forum. I'm going to bow out of this situation and leave the two sides to further entrench the division between supporters of the same team. I figure that will be a productive and positive way to build support.

Just so you guys know, neither side is right here.

billyfly
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Ball.

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
And one last thing, this story is getting spread to all the major soccer writers in north america, READ PATCH BOYS youve pissed off the wrong guy, I dont fuck around!

Edmundo, do you honestly think that the major soccer writers of North America will care that the Red Patch Boys closed a thread on their forum?

Come on, man. Step away from the keyboard for 20 minutes and chill...

Canary10
11-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Wow, so we'll be reading in the Globe and Mail tomorrow about how you don't like the way RPB run their message board?!!

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
so then when george bush screws up royally news agencies and civilians arent allowed to make any mention anywhere about what hes done? this isnt cuba bro! as long as this country is still called canada I will speak my mind and say whatever I want without being censored by communist RED PATCH BOY moderators!!!

Hey, feel free to speak your mind as much as you want, just don't expect to type those thoughts freely on the Red Patch Boys message board if they are expressed in a way that is against the rules :)

BeerBaron95
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
complete and utter shit show

BTW, loooove hearing that overused line on these boards and within this group: I've been here since day 1

:picard:

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Actually, I'm just tired of mediating between a group of grown men who can't find a middle ground on an internet forum. I'm going to bow out of this situation and leave the two sides to further entrench the division between supporters of the same team. I figure that will be a productive and positive way to build support.

Just so you guys know, neither side is right here.

Mediation and middle ground requires discussion and compromise. There was none of that before there was an arbitrary decision enforced and discussion completely eliminated, on the award and on the questions raised about the decision. I know you're great at the diplomatic speak, but sometimes I wish you would also acknowledge the facts. If you truly wanted to see mediation and middle ground reached, do you honestly believe that is the way to achieve it?

It is sad that this discussion has to happen on such an open space like this. Because there is no other recourse. And that is a problem for this group.

Red4ever
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Ball.

hahahhaha

BeerBaron95
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Edmundo, do you honestly think that the major soccer writers of North America will care that the Red Patch Boys closed a thread on their forum?

+1 Jack..... you still giving out hugs man? LOL

Jack
Mediation and middle ground requires discussion and compromise. There was none of that before there was an arbitrary decision enforced and discussion completely eliminated, on the award and on the questions raised about the decision. I know you're great at the diplomatic speak, but sometimes I wish you would also acknowledge the facts. If you truly wanted to see mediation and middle ground reached, do you honestly believe that is the way to achieve it?

No, I do not believe that is the way to achieve it. My personal feelings are that perhaps the thread closing was somewhat hasty, but I respect and understand the decision. Everyone has their personal style, even when it comes to moderation.

Chevy
Wow, so we'll be reading in the Globe and Mail tomorrow about how you don't like the way RPB run their message board?!!

Rumour has it that Anderson Cooper has boarded the CNN jet and will land at the Island Airport at 4pm EST.

360 is on the case Beeyatches. Look out.

bman27
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
obvious troll is obvious?

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
No, I do not believe that is the way to achieve it. My personal feelings are that perhaps the thread closing was somewhat hasty, but I respect and understand the decision. Everyone has their personal style, even when it comes to moderation.

Without meaning to attack or disparage, what you call "style" many, myself included, understand it as an agenda. Perception is reality. And the one thing I have learned from years of experience is that the blame for any optics produced is not on those that perceive but rather on those giving the impression. The onus is not on the reader but on the communicator. Given your own experience, I would believe you'd have to understand that better than anyone.

How can this board honestly call itself the place to discuss Canadian soccer news when probably one of the biggest Canadian soccer stories this year at least, and maybe for some time to come, is closed down and instead replaced with arguing over whether it should even be discussed?

RedsYNWA
11-18-2011, 01:23 PM
RED patch Boys

its the Colour of Communism people........heheheheh

Brooker
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Don't Wanna Go Home... Don't Wanna Go Home....

This Is The Best Thread, I've Ever Been On....

Smokecell
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
complete and utter shit show

BTW, loooove hearing that overused line on these boards and within this group: I've been here since day 1 and he will tear this league apart!

:picard:

FYP ;)

Derko
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, Guy's this was fun to read but I'm heading out for the weekend and going to have a Pint or 2 with me Poor old dad.

Cheers
Whatever your politics may be,
Have a great weekend

Kooper
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
So here is an obvious solution.

Why not just set up another board that all those that oppose the RPB or agree with Roogsy about Dero or want to give Tom Alselmi a big hug can get together and vent on. Problem solved. Set up the rules as you see fit or run it as a libertarian message board.

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Without meaning to attack or disparage, what you call "style" many, myself included, understand it as an agenda. Perception is reality. And the one thing I have learned from years of experience is that the blame for any optics produced is not on those that perceive but rather on those giving the impression. The onus is not on the reader but on the communicator. Given your own experience, I would believe you'd have to understand that better than anyone.

There's no agenda other than to stave off more bickering on an issue that's been done to death. It's tiresome, as a moderator (which you should know), to have to get report after report and moderate grown men and women who can't be civil to one another.

Edmundo is a good guy. He's been around a long time and I've shared drinks and supported by his side. That said, he's been out of line with these rants and insulting posts. The keyboard and the internet seem to do that to people. As much as you try to craft your message, no matter how many avenues you think you can cover by your choice of words, there's really no way to ensure that the reader will interpret things the way you meant it. That goes even further for actions. People usually see, read, hear and interpret what they want, not what was intended.

edmundo
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM

go check @mlsrumors on twitter you might be surprised what you see.

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM
So here is an obvious solution.

Why not just set up another board that all those that oppose the RPB or agree with Roogsy about Dero or want to give Tom Alselmi a big hug can get together and vent on. Problem solved. Set up the rules as you see fit or run it as a libertarian message board.

Really?

So every time a major point of disagreement appears a new board is setup so like-minded people can join together? That's not a discussion or a debate board.

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM
There's no agenda other than to stave off more bickering on an issue that's been done to death. It's tiresome, as a moderator (which you should know), to have to get report after report and moderate grown men and women who can't be civil to one another.

Edmundo is a good guy. He's been around a long time and I've shared drinks and supported by his side. That said, he's been out of line with these rants and insulting posts. The keyboard and the internet seem to do that to people. As much as you try to craft your message, no matter how many avenues you think you can cover by your choice of words, there's really no way to ensure that the reader will interpret things the way you meant it. That goes even further for actions. People usually see, read, hear and interpret what they want, not what was intended.

Or sometimes it's interpreted the way it was intended even if you try not to make it appear as such.

Case in point, I have yet to hear a unified reason as to why the initial thread was closed. Each mod has given a different rationalization. When the rules are not consistent, and each mod decides to apply his own preference (read agenda) then it becomes not a burden on to the moderators, but on to the users.

It's something I championed to fix while I was a mod, and my view has not changed. In fact, since there is no advocate to protect against this anymore, it has gotten worse and more obvious.

TOBOR !
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM
did I make it ?

edit : YESSSSSS ! Best Day Evar !

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

You mean where he understands the moderators position and realizes that it's probably just a mod tired of dealing with the bickering and flaming in every thread about DeRo? Take shots at the group all you want on Twitter. To me, it comes across as publicly bleating your discontent because you disagree with someone and is pretty classless.

That goes for Roogsy and Tim, as well. Pathetic. Embarrassing even.

bman27
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

a discussion about usmnt shirts! :facepalm:

werewolf
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
kfVsfOSbJY0

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I am done here as well. I have made my point. And I still stand by what I said.

If your mod team can't even foresee the troubles that their words and actions take, the blame should not lie with the user on the receiving end. You cannot justify poor moderation with "no matter how hard you try" etc. etc. When you take on a responsibility, it is exactly that, taking on a responsibility. It falls on your shoulders to execute it well and if you don't, there is no blaming someone else.

When I was told my opinions were too divisive, I gave up my role as a mod willingly. Maybe I should not have done so and simply chucked it up to users "not understranding".

gcolacci
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey All,

Ok i rarely ever write in this forum, however I read daily.

My honest opinion if anyone cares is that edmondo needs to relax and realize this is a forum, its meant to speak your mind. but people control what is allowed to be said on this forum, hence moderators. They have the control to shut down whatever they dont feel is appropriate for you to be saying.

Rumor has it though the #occupytoronto family is looking for something new to cry about, maybe they will speak on your behalf.

If your a grown man, which i assume your not. Going to cry to a rumors website, is really going to tear down the berlin wall of the red patch boys?

No chance. Look at this forum like TFC - Enjoy the good times, and forget about the bad.

Go RED.

Canary10
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
I saw something about TFC going after a Gambian goalkeeper. Good to know. But like most things on that board should be taken with a grain of salt since most things on it are BS.

Roogsy
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
That goes for Roogsy and Tim, as well. Pathetic. Embarrassing even.

So I can't do it here because the discussion gets shut down but I shouldn't do it on a forum that isn't controlled by this group?

Is opinion safe anywhere?

Jack
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Take your cheap shots, Chris, that's your prerogative. But it's mine to find it very disappointing and classless of you to air the group's dirty laundry in public.