PDA

View Full Version : Tfc & Cmnt

11-14-2011, 06:58 PM
I just went through a couple lists and tried to come up with players who've played a game for Toronto FC and CMNT. I was able to come up with 20 (of the 109 TFC players). I think I'm suprised that 18% of TFC players have played for the national team. Seems like a high number. But maybe not? Thoughts? Also, am I missing anyone?

Nana Attakora
Adam Braz
Jim Brennan
Miguel Canizalez
Adrian Cann
Julian de Guzman
Dwayne DeRosario
Terry Dunfield
Ali Gerba
Kevin Harmse
Tyler Hemming
David Monsalve
Ashtone Morgan
Chris Pozniak
Marco Reda
Tyler Rosenlund
Adrian Serioux
Kenny Stamatopoulos
Greg Sutton
Gianluca Zavarise

MartinUtd
11-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Adam Braz
Miguel Canizalez
Kevin Harmse
Tyler Hemming
Marco Reda

Pretty big indictment on the state of the national team.

Yohan
11-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Adam Braz
Miguel Canizalez
Kevin Harmse
Tyler Hemming
Marco Reda

Pretty big indictment on the state of the national team.those guys haven't played for MNT in what, 4-5 years?

Oldtimer
11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Adam Braz
Miguel Canizalez

Miguel will always be the trivia answer to "who broke the infamous 2007 scoreless streak?"

MartinUtd
11-14-2011, 11:50 PM
those guys haven't played for MNT in what, 4-5 years?

True, there's a much different look now. I'd expect this years cnmt to win against Dale Hunter's.

prizby
11-15-2011, 01:04 AM
The one number I look at is the number 1

1 is for the number of academy grads that have a full senior cap

should have been 2 this week, but 1 will do for now.

I hope in 5 years, that number will be in the double digits

Keegan
11-15-2011, 02:38 AM
True, there's a much different look now. I'd expect this years cnmt to win against Dale Hunter's.

I'd hope we could beat a hockey player's CMNT

Fort York Redcoat
11-15-2011, 07:41 AM
^Nice one. I was wondering who Dale Hunter was.

Mayhap you meant Dale Mitchell, Martin?

Just for more perspective:

Jim Brennan - 49
Adrian Serioux - 19

Dwayne DeRosario - 64
Julian de Guzman - 52
Ali Gerba - 31
Chris Pozniak - 24
Greg Sutton - 16
Adam Braz - 12
Adrian Cann - 9
Terry Dunfield - 9
Kevin Harmse - 9
Marco Reda -7
Kenny Stamatopoulos - 6
Miguel Canizalez - 5
Tyler Hemming - 2
Nana Attakora - 1
David Monsalve - 1
Ashtone Morgan - 1
Tyler Rosenlund - 1
Gianluca Zavarise - 1

number of caps each. Not all these players have been cornerstones of our national team but have helped out when they got the call. Some have had more success than others but I'm glad we got looks at them. Following a team like ours means any player capped is another option we have and I hope this next game, the last of the round, we can get some new players capped.

MartinUtd
11-15-2011, 11:15 AM
bahahahaha.. Dale Hunter.. what was I on last night? I still think Dale Hunter's cnmt would beat Dale Mitchell's.

ag futbol
11-15-2011, 12:36 PM
The thing is though, Dale Mitchell's national team had many of the same players, but they played collectively as a group at a much higher level back then. That one Steven Hart coached gold cup and the friendly against Brazil etc... that's the best CMNT has played in years. It just had nothing to do with the guy in charge.

But yes it is an problematic that certain guys can get a cap. It just shows you how bad our depth is overall.

Carefree
11-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Andrea Lombardo played for our U-20 team. Now that's sad!

Yohan
11-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Andrea Lombardo played for our U-20 team. Now that's sad!
I never quite understood the Lombardo hate. If he had the chance to develop like Attakora did, I think he would have been half decent striker for TFC. Got thrown into the wolves too early

Brooker
11-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Adam Braz
Miguel Canizalez
Kevin Harmse
Tyler Hemming
Marco Reda

Pretty big indictment on the state of the national team.

Tyler Hemming wasn't that bad.

starter
11-15-2011, 06:31 PM

Agreed

Carefree
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I never quite understood the Lombardo hate. If he had the chance to develop like Attakora did, I think he would have been half decent striker for TFC. Got thrown into the wolves too early
I wouldn't say there's any hate toward Lombardo. It's just that expectations toward him exceeded execution by such a wide margin that he's become somewhat of a joke. Kind of like Fuad...

Fort York Redcoat
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM

Agreed

He's playing for USL PDL side Forrest City. Basically, the team (Austin) he got traded to were "relegated" to PDL and moved to Orlando so he went home to London.