PDA

View Full Version : "Official Headquarter" for the All-Star is..... the Brazen Head ???

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Check this little bit of news I got from a newsletter:

Brazen Head Irish Pub hosts as Major League Soccer Takes on the World!...
The Brazen Head Irish Pub, at 151 East Liberty St., has been named, in partnership with Budweiser, as the official headquarters for the July 24th MLS All-Stars v West Ham United match taking place at 7pm at BMO Field. Plan to attend the Brazen Head’s events on Tuesday and Wednesday July 22 and 23, and the large beer garden celebration in the parking lot on Thursday July 24th.

So we've got Budweiser, in combination with a bar that doesn't really want supporters hosting the 'official' beer garden? I think I'll go check it out on the days before the match, in full RPB gear. Wonder what they'll say when I start chanting?

Kevvv
07-09-2008, 12:30 PM

So we've got Budweiser, in combination with a bar that doesn't really want supporters hosting the 'official' beer garden? I think I'll go check it out on the days before the match, in full RPB gear. Wonder what they'll say when I start chanting?

Great idea, stress-test the place in advance!

Technorgasm
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
DOUBLE
YOU
TEE
EFF
?

http://www.mortystwistedworld.com/gallery/data/522/WTF-Panda_car.jpg

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 12:48 PM
DOUBLE
YOU
TEE
EFF
?

http://www.mortystwistedworld.com/gallery/data/522/WTF-Panda_car.jpg

ohh emm gee ?

Oldtimer
07-09-2008, 12:48 PM

I dunno about the rest of you, but while I'll enjoy the game, I can't really get worked up to chant for the all-stars. I'll probably end up just relaxing and watching the game, prawn-style.

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I dunno about the rest of you, but while I'll enjoy the game, I can't really get worked up to chant for the all-stars. I'll probably end up just relaxing and watching the game, prawn-style.

yeah... I'm not that worked up, but I still expect to be see a game with a very high quality of play.

What puzzles me, is that Bud (the mls-beer) and the Brazen Head (the prawn shop) are somehow 'official'.

oh well, I guess everyone gets one chance to cash in.

Hooligan69
07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
East Liberty St.? This in Parkdale still? Liberty Village or whatever the hell it's called?

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
^ yeah... it's Liberty Village, which is like saying Club Med is part of Trench Town.

Nodoubtguy
07-09-2008, 12:56 PM
^ yeah... it's Liberty Village, which is like saying Club Med is part of Trench Town.

:smilielol5:

Hooligan69
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

LMAO :lol:

blackandwhite
07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
it's 100% the prawn shop... worse than Liberty cafe...

Oldtimer
07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
yeah... I'm not that worked up, but I still expect to be see a game with a very high quality of play.

What puzzles me, is that Bud (the mls-beer) and the Brazen Head (the prawn shop) are somehow 'official'.

oh well, I guess everyone gets one chance to cash in.

Likely MLS gets a cut of the $$$, as well from the Brazen Head as well as Bud.

Wagner
07-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Brazen head has a tonne of TFC gear up on the walls.
yet they don't want "us"
they are totally in it for the trendy aspect....but don't really like it.
it's so short sighted to not embrace us....they do have a superior patio.

Bars92
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=54&pictureid=528

Oldtimer
07-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Brazen head has a tonne of TFC gear up on the walls.
yet they don't want "us"
they are totally in it for the trendy aspect....but don't really like it.
it's so short sighted to not embrace us....they do have a superior patio.

Bandwagon jumpers!!!

Fort York Redcoat
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Like any real supporters'll be there. By real I don't mean official of course.

Red CB Toronto
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I have never been to the Brazen Head, have walked by a few times, is it now supporters friendly?

Jimmy The Saint
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Brazen Head? Budweiser? Its like...like....Bizzarro Football! Next thing we know, Wheat Sheaf and Foggy Dew will be giving away free beer and wings to all TFC supporters before home games, and the RPB is going to merge with Usector and the NEE and turn itself into Mega Crazy U_PATCH_ELITE and start shooting lasers out of its eyes!

FluSH
07-09-2008, 02:45 PM
BULLSHIT!!!

These guys do not want supporters anywhere near their pub... pathetic.

Marco2K
07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Walked by Brazen head this past weekend and i was amazing as to how big the place is. And the Patios LOOK KICK ASS.

As for it not being supporter friendly.. Maybe they dont want a bunch of DRunks coming in 15 times a year as apposed to their regulars who come in afew times a week.

All in all it looks like a great place.

giambac
07-09-2008, 02:50 PM

MLS ALLSTARS VS THE WORLD??????

West Ham = the WORLD:confused::confused::confused::confused:

What a joke.

brando
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
The place is deadly in almost every way.
I say almost because although the layout and bar itself is cool, the people and management are without a damn clue.

Not that anyone cares, but I'll be at a place where they love and embrace us....The Gate!!!
The Brazen Head can get bent.

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Walked by Brazen head this past weekend and i was amazing as to how big the place is. And the Patios LOOK KICK ASS.

As for it not being supporter friendly.. Maybe they dont want a bunch of DRunks coming in 15 times a year as apposed to their regulars who come in afew times a week.

All in all it looks like a great place.

it's a great place for after-work drinks with an after-work crowd.
The food is good, and there's lots of selection in the drinks,
even if it is rather expensive. It's designed to cater to the
after-work crowd and people who've recently bought condos
in the area. I like it for what it is... but understand what it is not.

And if they'd rather have their regulars instead of supportes,
then why get in bed with Budweiser and the mls-all-star?

ps. we watch 30 games a year. Away trips are a great excuse to hit the bar.

masrawy
07-09-2008, 03:09 PM
And if they'd rather have their regulars instead of supportes,
then why get in bed with Budweiser and the mls-all-star?

Because the supporters shouldn't care about the All-Star Game, the only people that are going to be hyped up about it are the casuals/part-timers, which seem to be the type of customer they prefer at the Brazen Head.

All I know about that place is that the owner is a total douche.

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
^ and west-ham fans

masrawy
07-09-2008, 03:12 PM
^ and west-ham fans

I figure they'll be congregating where the drinks are cheap and the food isn't pretentious.

Mikey
07-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Worst fake "Irish theme" style pub ....ever.

stugautz
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I say we just take over the pub anyway. Show the out of towner's what it's all about.

Gobi
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
U_PATCH_ELITE

That sounds like a very cool group!
(But only if Nascar gets to be president.)

Hooligan69
07-09-2008, 03:37 PM

lol

bump

noochie
07-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I always see a lineup of people trying to get into this place after home games. I have never been there personally though... do they just turn them away?

tfc88
07-09-2008, 03:43 PM
i'm fine with this place not wanting rowdy supporters.. that's their business.

BUT- since they want a piece of the pie NOW, I say we go give'em hell, make sure they regret the decision :D

mclaren
07-09-2008, 03:59 PM
I always see a lineup of people trying to get into this place after home games. I have never been there personally though... do they just turn them away?

that's what I thought - aren't there tons of TFC fans in there after the game? I haven't been in but always see loads of them waiting to get in.

AL-MO
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
The place is deadly in almost every way.
I say almost because although the layout and bar itself is cool, the people and management are without a damn clue.

Not that anyone cares, but I'll be at a place where they love and embrace us....The Gate!!!
The Brazen Head can get bent.

Like you most of us will likely go to OUR bar....Shoeless...I don't have any reason to go to Brazenhead....although I hear the TFC staff go there! :devil:

nascarguy
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
:taz:

MFBODD
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
that's what I thought - aren't there tons of TFC fans in there after the game? I haven't been in but always see loads of them waiting to get in.

The place is packed before matches as well. The patios look pretty cool, but if they don't want supporters...ignore the "official" bs and do your regular thing.

PureTFC
07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
That is the bar the TFC FO folks go to after games so it only makes sense to keep the bed fellows relationship going.

Wagner
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
That is the bar the TFC FO folks go to after games so it only makes sense to keep the bed fellows relationship going.

I've seen members of the FO there multiple times.

One thing that I'm not pleased about...
i was at the mainbar waiting for a table on the patio....
behind the bar they have a LA Gals and RSL jersey...no TFC....
f'ing retarded....at least represent.
I know that they have TFC gear around the place....but behind the bar....2 crap teams from the west....at least mix in some TFC.

Cashcleaner
07-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Normally I wouldn't care (oh who am I kidding?!, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The Brazen Head was approached by several groups prior to and immediately after their opening to see if they would be interested in hosting crowds specifically for soccer. They put the kaibosch on that idea back then, but are now singing a different tune?

Sorry Brazen Head, you had your chance. If soccer fans weren't welcomed when you were first starting up, we're not going to crash the place for the All-Star game.

Fuckin' pricks.

Fort York Redcoat
07-10-2008, 08:10 AM
It sounds like the Euro's with their official fun zones. I won't be officially enjoying the All star game with another Bud, buddy.:rolleyes:

GabrielHurl
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Who wants to drink in the Brazen Head parking lot anyway?

maninb
07-10-2008, 09:26 AM
The Brazen Head and it's 'sister' Pubs, Foggy Dew and Murphy's Law have always been a-holes..My mates and I have been in shit in those places for the past 2 years..We got banned fron the Dew for saying 'Barmaid another round please'!! We were told that 'Barmaid' was a forbidden term and we were tossed. I've also been refused service ON A NON-GAME DAY just because I was wearing a TFC shirt in the Brazen head!!! They can go F*ck themselves!!!

Cashcleaner
07-12-2008, 05:10 AM
^ Now was that Barmaid a guy? 'Cause that could explain the whole thing. :D

Denis
07-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Is the Brazen Head anything like the one in the Gorbals, Glasgow? No windows, the seats and tables are bolted to the floor and I believe the TV is kept in a cage. Also lots of folk pretending to be Irish! :D

Really though, if they've made it clear that TFC fans aren't welcome then I fail to see why they change their tune for some pishy exhibition match. Obviously the proprietors are fully paid-up members of the "Right On" brigade.

egoodwin
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
wow

this all star game just gets fucked up more by the day

- west ham
- noname singer performing outside
- black uniforms to offset the protest
- no toronto players to first xi
- brazen head

wtf

I'm going to Rhino before

koryo
07-12-2008, 08:14 AM
The Brazenhead can have the All-star crowd. Keeps them away from us.

joga
07-12-2008, 11:43 AM
BULLSHIT!!!

These guys do not want supporters anywhere near their pub... pathetic.

guys this is all BS IMO...
i consider myself a supporter.. a die-hard supporter at that.
although i forgot, to be considered a supporter in most of your minds you need to chat ever single chat instead of watching the game on the pitch and love every single player that wears the TFC colours (even if they're shiite!)

btw - i mean no disrespect to anyone. i just think that peeps can support in many ways not one single way... ala clique.

i've been to the brazen head after a few matches and have enjoyed myself.. good beer, good food and a great atmosphere. you can't knock something unless you try it.

cmonyoureds
07-12-2008, 02:50 PM
i'd still rather go with the place that welcomes us at all times. Shoeless. That brazen place will turn into a pumpkin at midnight and cr** all over us when they've used us up and passed our money around.