http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/11/champions-league-draw-next-tuesday

The date for the draw is set....

Who would you rather TFC face?

LA Galaxy,

Monterey,

or Santos Laguna?

colman1860
11-01-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.matthewsdiehl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/rock-hard-place-simpsons.jpg

sully
11-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Do people think we have a chance against those teams? We'll need two new strong centres backs for sure at least...and hopefully a well-planned pre-season.

I think I'd rather Toronto face LA for the simple reason that if we play either of the Mexican teams it might diminish the home advantage with all those Mexican-Canadians showing up. On the other hand, Robbie Keane, Donovan etc. will be tough..

KGH
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I'd rather face LA for the simple reason that they'll be in off season mode like us. Plus they're losing Becks so they might be a tad easier to beat.

maninb
11-02-2011, 09:07 AM
We'll have Williams and Cann available at CB...this should help...

GuelphStorm2007
11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I would Like to TFC face L.A. Our record against them is not that Bad and we are kind of famailiar with them

tfcleeds
11-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Yup, gotta say LA. We stand the best chance to advance against them I think.

RealG-TFC
11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah LA for sure. Besides, we've always competed well against them.

BritSOL
11-02-2011, 10:39 AM
When do the player rosters have to be submitted to CONCACAF ?

Oldtimer
11-02-2011, 10:57 AM
When do the player rosters have to be submitted to CONCACAF ?

7 days before the match. After the re-entry draft, Superdraft, and the transfer window re-opening. Lots of time to reinforce the squad. :)

drewski
11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
IF we draw a Mexican team, they should (but won't if they can avoid it) keep the game at BMO to maximize the weather advantage.

Waggy
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
For sure LA. Mexican teams have a sort of aura of invincibility to MLS teams, esp in serious competitions. Plus they'll be in mid season form. LA we know we can beat, we know their style, we know their players, we know they'll be rusty, we know they're losing their best player this offseason. It's not close. Come on Galaxy!! Maybe Concacaf will rig it so we play them just to guarantee an MLS team in the semi finals? A guy can dream

Joe Kool
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Like most that have responded on here I am hoping for LA too. They have the same roster limitations/cap issues as us to deal with plus will also be in preseason like us plus we have a decent enough record against them. I think if we face a Mexican side we will have a tougher away leg of the match to deal with going to Mexico plus they have no roster/cap issues on the Mexican teams from what I have read. It will be a treat to watch regardless though as long as Winter has the boys ready.

Gallade
11-02-2011, 11:57 AM
hoping for LA because i think both teams being in preseason form is the best chance for us. I remember RSL's finals run last year started with Columbus in the quarterfinals and both teams looked like crap in game one; much different than the RSL who faced Saprissa and Monterrey.

if we don't get the Galaxy, we should...erm...lets go play the Sounders in a friendly or two so both of us can warm up for quarterfinals?

T-boy
11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
LA all the way. If we get one of the Mexican teams, the "non hardcore TFC fans" won't care at all and won't get tickets. If we get LA and TFC hype it up enough, we would have a better chance at filling BMO.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 12:34 PM
LA all the way. If we get one of the Mexican teams, the "non hardcore TFC fans" won't care at all and won't get tickets. If we get LA and TFC hype it up enough, we would have a better chance at filling BMO.
that's the least of my worries. I'm more concerned about getting the result. lol

LA will be the best draw. pre season TFC taking on mid season Mexican teams? highly doubt TFC will advance if that's the case.

mind you, this year's CCL has proven that Mexican teams are beatable.

though a LA game would be boring as shit because Arena is like smarter version of Preki, esp if LA goes up 1-0

Fort York Redcoat
11-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Monterrey. It's the biggest club and it's one we haven't faced before.

And..Beckham sells tix? Tell that to NY last week...

Rudi
11-02-2011, 01:10 PM

They sold way above their average, and on three days notice (and the game was less than 24 hours after a snowstorm).

Plus, TFC's biggest ever home attendance was this year against LA, the one time Beckham has ever played for the Galaxy against Toronto.

So yeah, Beckham still sells tickets.

Canary10
11-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Problem is there is at best a 50/50 chance Beckham is actually with LA in March.

Ageroo
11-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Gotta agree with Rudi on this one Pete......that LA game at BMO was rammed...and for a weeknight that is impressive.

Rudi
11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Problem is there is at best a 50/50 chance Beckham is actually with LA in March.
Not a problem. Most people who would buy tickets just to see Beckham likely won't know that by then. ;)

mastermixer
11-02-2011, 02:06 PM

Problem? That would be great news for TFC :o

prizby
11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
^great for them to jack the prices

mowe
11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Add me to the list that wants LA. TFC has the best chance of beating them, plain and simple. We've already proven we can hang with them (0-0 and 2-2 this season) and most importantly they would also be in preseason. I am not optimistic at all about TFC (likely with a new backline) playing their first competitive match in 4 months against a mid-season Mexican team.

I don't think Beckham will be with them after this season, but LA is still the team that most casuals would have heard of, which should help ticket sales too.

FIAF
11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Rather face the Gaylaxy. But if it's a Mexican team then Monterrey because they are defending champions.

Fort York Redcoat
11-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Gotta agree with Rudi on this one Pete......that LA game at BMO was rammed...and for a weeknight that is impressive.

Oh Rudi's absolutely right on about the TFC match this year. It doesn't make it any less pathetic. NY is still lame and I can see LA every year.

And I'm sure Rudi agrees with me on the sad that is people just going to see Becks at this point.

I'd still prefer to see Monterrey than LA regardless of how many sheepy Becks Girls and Boys would show. I'm just that greedy.

One more thing for peeps that want Becks there to sell out Skydome- Montreal sold Olympic stadium on the basis of the team and competition. Not a couple players.

Stouffville_RPB
11-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Santos Laguna

So that if we can pull off the win not only will we have gone further than Montreal, we also beat they opponent they couldn't.

RicoSuave44
11-02-2011, 06:40 PM
^great for them to jack the prices

my thoughts exactly! Though I still want to see us face LA for the fact that they are in pre-season like us and we are familiar with their players and system.

DichioTFC
11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Monterrey. They're the weakest of the three teams. They are a team we can beat in their stadium, unlike Santos and LA.

Santos Laguna is easily the strongest club remaining.

Yohan
11-04-2011, 04:33 PM
But toronto did beat LA at HDC in 2008...

FIAF
11-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Monterrey. They're the weakest of the three teams. They are a team we can beat in their stadium, unlike Santos and LA.

Easily the weakest. You're crazy. Suazo to score 3.

Redpunkfiddle
11-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Easily the weakest. You're crazy. Suazo to score 3.

Not a problem to have a different opinion on the best opponent. Sinking our own team -not so much.

Both Monterrey and UNAM just failed to make their playoffs in the Apertura, while Santos qualified.

Either Santos or Monterrey present their own problems. From a competitive standpoint, LA makes the most sense, though I too want to experience the non MLS opposition.

BeerBaron95
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM

WTF are u talking about?

ensco
11-06-2011, 05:42 PM
We are lucking out because we won't get Pumas. Face it, absolutely nobody ever wants to have to play an important game at altitude.

rocker
11-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Monterrey has the worst record in the Mexican league of the 4 Mexican CCL teams. They are currently 11th out of 18 teams. Although Morelia and UNAM aren't much better.

Santos Laguna is three points from the top of the table, so right now, in November, they are the best of the four. We'll see where they all stand in March.

One thing nobody has mentioned: if people want the game played at BMO, then you probably don't want to face LA, since a number of their players have experience in cold weather... they've also played at BMO so they know the ground. I think the cold weather advantage is hugely overestimated, but nonetheless, if you believe it to be true, then it wouldn't affect LA much.

I think it best to face LA though because of the aforementioned reasons: they will be at the same training stage as TFC, and they are not invincible -- we've done OK over the years against them. And the road game wouldn't be that big of a deal for travel and the Galaxy fans wouldn't be as rabid as the Mexican ones. While we would definitely get out the glory hunters to see Becks (if he's there), we'd also get -- at Skydome -- lots of hot chicks looking to meet him!!!! That is not a bad thing... we can console them after they realize Becks is playing in France.

Cashcleaner
11-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Monterrey has the worst record in the Mexican league of the 4 Mexican CCL teams. They are currently 11th out of 18 teams. Although Morelia and UNAM aren't much better.

Santos Laguna is three points from the top of the table, so right now, in November, they are the best of the four. We'll see where they all stand in March.

One thing nobody has mentioned: if people want the game played at BMO, then you probably don't want to face LA, since a number of their players have experience in cold weather... they've also played at BMO so they know the ground. I think the cold weather advantage is hugely overestimated, but nonetheless, if you believe it to be true, then it wouldn't affect LA much.

Yeah, I don't think weather would be that big a factor for LA, but I would still prefer we face off against them given what sort of weather and altitude we would have to experience on our away leg - as well as the other points you've mentioned, of course.

rockxlee
11-08-2011, 12:50 AM
IF we draw a Mexican team, they should (but won't if they can avoid it) keep the game at BMO to maximize the weather advantage.

What is this weather advantage people keep going on about?
Do you think Plata or Johnson like playing in temperatures just above 0?

Keegan
11-08-2011, 01:42 AM
What is this weather advantage people keep going on about?
Do you think Plata or Johnson like playing in temperatures just above 0?

Johnson grew up in Boston...

Redpunkfiddle
11-08-2011, 08:57 AM
My take is that the cold isn't a big 'advantage' for our team. Rather, the weather could be a bigger disadvantage for a Mexican team that would be dropped right into it. Our guys would be able to at least train and prepare with those conditions in the time leading up to the game.

Although I suppose they'll be in Florida for some of that time..

rocker
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
My take is that the cold isn't a big 'advantage' for our team. Rather, the weather could be a bigger disadvantage for a Mexican team that would be dropped right into it. Our guys would be able to at least train and prepare with those conditions in the time leading up to the game.

Although I suppose they'll be in Florida for some of that time..

Your final line is the key point -- TFC will not be in Toronto until right before the CCL game.

TFC will be in Florida at the Disney Pro Soccer tourney Friday, February 24 to Saturday, March 3, 2012. So they'll probably only have 1 or 2 practices in Toronto before the CCL game (same as the Mexicans).

ryan
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
so....when is it?

Mark TFC
11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Today's the day! Just let us know who it is!

sully
11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
so....when is it?

I read somewhere the draw will be at noon in New York..

Waggy
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I read somewhere the draw will be at noon in New York..

Any stream or just press release?

Suds
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Any stream or just press release?

no stream that I'm aware of ... CONCACAF does have FB and twitter feeds but I'm not sure if they are doing live updates there

Waggy
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
no stream that I'm aware of ... CONCACAF does have FB and twitter feeds but I'm not sure if they are doing live updates there

Ya I checked the twitter feed, nothing. Ah well. Freaking Concacaf

Carefree
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Absolutely nothing on the CONCACAF website. No indication there's even a draw today.

gmacpheetfc
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Sounds like #CCL teams are about to get on the horn w/ @CONCACAF. @TorontoFC will let you know who #TFC draws when available .. #TorontoFC

VoxPopuliCosmicum
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
It's a bribe-auction. Still waiting on ML$E's bid. Highest price gets to play the Washington Generals for the cup. Other 3 teams play for 2nd place.

__wowza
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
i have absolutely nothing of value to contribute here so i'm going to post anyway.

Red Rat
11-08-2011, 12:35 PM
did anyone checked which noon time it was?

JonO
11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
It's a bribe-auction. Still waiting on ML$E's bid. Highest price gets to play the Washington Generals for the cup. Other 3 teams play for 2nd place.
Dumbest comment yet.

Everyone knows the Washington Generals play basketball!

TFC/Everton
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Dumbest comment yet.

Everyone knows the Washington Generals play basketball!

:facepalm:

__wowza
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
guys, stop fighting.

here's a picture of fuad ibrahim frozen in carbonite:

http://i.imm.io/bl3m.jpeg

prizby
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I think in a perfect world we want to get either Santos Laguna or the Galaxy with our potential semi-final match-up being versus the winner of 1 of the 2 afromentioned teams and the El Salvadorian club Isidro Metapan...although I wonder if Seattle is unable to keep Morales and Keller retires, would they be a team we would want to face in the semi's (should they make it)

eustacchio
11-08-2011, 12:45 PM
guys, stop fighting.

I was just looking wondering what would happen ibrahim next.

This is the best one yet.

Dreadlocks
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I think we're the weakest of the field anyway so it regardless of who we play, we'll be in tough.

Also keep in mind that even though the Mexican teams will be in mid season form, there is a good/higher possibility of them missing players due to injury and/or schedule congestion. I'm hoping that if we play one of them they will overlook us and rest some regulars that may be carrying knocks. (fingers crossed!)

Carefree
11-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Is it noon yet?

VoxPopuliCosmicum
11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
I think in a perfect world we want to get either Santos Laguna or the Galaxy with our potential semi-final match-up being versus the winner of 1 of the 2 afromentioned teams and the El Salvadorian club Isidro Metapan...although I wonder if Seattle is unable to keep Morales and Keller retires, would they be a team we would want to face in the semi's (should they make it)

Is that a joke about _Wowzb's avatar?

prizby
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Bring On The Galaxy!!!

Waggy
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
We Got The Galaxy! Yaaaaaaaaaa Buddy!

__wowza
11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
I was just looking wondering what would happen ibrahim next.

This is the best one yet.

it was either that or this.

http://i.imm.io/bl6R.jpeg

im afraid people would take it the wrong way though :\

PopePouri
11-08-2011, 01:09 PM
If they go Skydome, it'll be full.

__wowza
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
whered everyone hear we got galaxy? i cant get twitter at my work.. :(

jasper
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/11/tfc-draws-los-angeles-ccl-quarters

tfcleeds
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
it was either that or this.

http://i.imm.io/bl6R.jpeg

im afraid people would take it the wrong way though :\

LOLOLOL!

Suds
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I think TFC. Is happy to get the Galaxy. Better from a marketing perspective (although I believe Becks contract is done by then)

Whoop
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
MLSE just creamed themselves especially if Beckham makes it.

Whoop
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
And if LA wins the MLS Cup too.

mowe
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Awesome, I really wanted LA. No Beckham, but who cares?

Let's go TFC!

ManUtd4ever
Bring On The Galaxy!!!

Sweet!

tfcleeds
Beckham or not, Robbie Keane comes to BMO! That is what is really important.

Gallade
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
awesome! i think there's a pretty decent chance Beckham's back with the Galaxy, but regardless they're the easiest draw we could get thanks to both teams being in offseason form.

50k in skydome plz

ManUtd4ever
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
guys, stop fighting.

I just spit some of my coffee out on my desk.

:lol:

TFC/Everton
11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
A world class opponent for the biggest game in the clubs history!!!!

:flare::drum::scarf::hurray:

TFC!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 01:32 PM
If they go Skydome, it'll be full.

not sure i believe that quite yet, if they drop the prices yes, but take a look at how the other CCL games went
especially with no guarantee of beckham being back next year

werewolf
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
-QdDXZ82_Zw

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok now that we know it's going to be vs LA:rolleyes: I'm hoping this city can prove me wrong in thinking they need Becks to sellout Skydome. Hell, I'm not convinced of a an attended sellout at BMO....

Oldtimer
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Guaranteed they'll book the dome now.

They'll only sell out if they do cheap tix like Montreal did.

ouderwien
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Luke Wileman on twitter says:

CCL Draw,

Santos vs. Seattle
Pumas vs. Metapan

La Galaxy vs. TFC
Monterrey vs. Morelia

if that is how the brackets are setup, that places two Mexican teams in our semi-final bracket.

Razor
11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Robbie Keane!!

Can't wait for this match to happen.

Gallade
11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
not sure i believe that quite yet, if they drop the prices yes, but take a look at how the other CCL games went
especially with no guarantee of beckham being back next year

i think they can transfer the existing pricing structure over to the 100s/200s with proper marketing for the game; it's the 500s that need to be really cheap. $10 at most.

TFCin110
11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Please re-sign Becks, please re-sign. I could give a toss about either of those Mexican sides. Hopefully Becks will extend his stay.

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Guaranteed they'll book the dome now.

They'll only sell out if they do cheap tix like Montreal did.

I thought there was scheduling conflicts but whatever, I just don't want it half empty.

Next, once it is announced to be played at shydome, where will we sit? Mimic 112? Seriously I'm not just going to sit anywhere. We best be on this.

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Please re-sign Becks, please re-sign. I could give a toss about either of those Mexican sides. Hopefully Becks will extend his stay.

For the crowd? You want more people to go to the game? That's really supportive of your local football!! Well Said!!

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Luke Wileman on twitter says:

CCL Draw,

Santos vs. Seattle
Pumas vs. Metapan

La Galaxy vs. TFC
Monterrey vs. Morelia

if that is how the brackets are setup, that places two Mexican teams in our semi-final bracket.

Awesome. So we could still face Monterrey later.

Shakes McQueen
11-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Robbie Keane, Beckham, and potentially the MLS Cup winners. No doubt they get the SkyDome now. It'll be interesting to see if they think they can gouge the fans for top dollar at the same time.

- Scott

jabbronies
11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Fuck Becks...I hope he's gone. Better chance for us to move on.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
hell.... beat the galaxy...and get a birth in the semi-finals of the CCL....we can take these fuks...!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
i think they can transfer the existing pricing structure over to the 100s/200s with proper marketing for the game; it's the 500s that need to be really cheap. $10 at most.

not if they wanna fill the skydome, theyve had 12k at most at the ccl games

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Robbie Keane, Beckham, and potentially the MLS Cup winners. No doubt they get the SkyDome now. It'll be interesting to see if they think they can gouge the fans for top dollar at the same time.

- Scott

ill be shocked if this doesnt happen.
Theyll market it late, market it poorly and charge too much.
Bet its dead as hell in there.
Hope im very much wrong.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Fuck Becks...I hope he's gone. Better chance for us to move on.

Im sure they have a plan B to bring in another....DP is he leaves...when does the roster have to put in to CC

Flint
11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Fuck Becks, Fuck Keane, Fuck Donovan, Fuck LA.

As of now this team is my biggest enemy until we bury their asses sometime in March.

Fuck we shouldn't be excited about seeing their players we should be excited about seeing OUR team kick some LA shit.

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 01:56 PM

- Scott

Ugh and this is my problem. Not a mention that they are already proven to be the best team in the regular season but we'll have to wait and see if LA wins the post season so they can market the MLS Cup winners to a public that would barely watch it.:mad:

Again, the important thing is that a record number of people show up and maybe start to care more about the game/tournament/league.

eustacchio
I would be amazed if they exceed BMO's capacity at the SkyDome...pleasantly, don't get me wrong.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
now that we just had the biggest viewing party.....I guess this will be the biggest..;)

ManUtd4ever

- Scott

I sincerely hope not. MLSE has a rare opportunity to gain unprecedented publicity for TFC within the regional sporting landscape. I hope they seize the moment.

trane
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM
We Have To Beat These Fucks.

eustacchio
11-08-2011, 01:58 PM

- Scott

Is there ever a time when they don't think this?

trane
11-08-2011, 01:59 PM

- Scott

I hope they are not so short sighted. If they can fill the stadium it would be a huge step forward for the game, even if it is at 20-30 bucks for the average ticket.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I would be amazed if they exceed BMO's capacity at the SkyDome...pleasantly, don't get me wrong.

I dont think there has been any doubt that we would exceed BMO's capacity.... if we cant do that with the importance of this game....we never will!

Im confident to set the min # at 30000...any thing after that mlse will have to work there magic and do this right way....if they do..no reason why they cant hit 40000

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
We Have To Beat These Fucks.

yes we do

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
So here's the seating plan from last year. Was anyone in the SE corner and what was the view like?

http://www.rogerscentre.com/seatmaps/2010_July16_soccer_seating.pdf

115,116,117 are closer to the pitch but 118-120 are prolly a better view...

Canary10
11-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Wonder when a formal annoucement on the location and tickets will be announced?

Dreadlocks
11-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Here's hoping no Beckham (out of contract I hope) and no Donovan (on loan to an EPL team like usual).

eustacchio
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I dont think there has been any doubt that we would exceed BMO's capacity.... if we cant do that with the importance of this game....we never will!

Im confident to set the min # at 30000...any thing after that mlse will have to work there magic and do this right way....if they do..no reason why they cant hit 40000

I certainly hope you're right, but not everybody thinks that the CCL is important as we do nor do they necessarily know that it's even taking place.

I'll do my part to spread the word though.

Yohan
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
875,000 bucks in revenue for 35000 at avg 25bucks a ticket. plus ad, merchandising and beer and food sales. (i realize there is a lot of costs involved)

now, does MLSE wants to create something to remember, or max cash cow?

Yohan
11-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Here's hoping no Beckham (out of contract I hope) and no Donovan (on loan to an EPL team like usual).
Moyes is hinting getting Donovan for Jan loan already

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
So here's the seating plan from last year. Was anyone in the SE corner and what was the view like?

http://www.rogerscentre.com/seatmaps/2010_July16_soccer_seating.pdf

115,116,117 are closer to the pitch but 118-120 are prolly a better view...

im sure the supporter section will be directly behind one of the nets...and the view is not bad at all as you are raised from the pitch...its farther from the pitch from what we are used to...but it is what it is!

LittleOzzy
The LA Galaxy will face Toronto FC in one home-and-home quarterfinal series, with the winner taking on the team that emerges from the quarterfinal matchup between the Seattle Sounders and Santos Laguna. It gives a 75 percent chance for an MLS side to qualify for the finals.Looks like we face the winner of Seattle/Santos Laguna if we move on.

rocker
the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, Landon is a CUNT!

where's that video on youtube??

ArmenJBX
11-08-2011, 02:11 PM
YES!

Los Angeles Road Trip anyone? :D

ouderwien
11-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I am going to be leaving for LA after the first leg, so I may be able to catch both games. I'll meet you in LA! @Armen.

ag futbol
11-08-2011, 02:12 PM
I am with you on this. Don't get me wrong, I hope ticket sales go well but everything I've seen recently points to soft demand.

Mtl in the big-O was right-place, right-time. TFC in skydome just doesn't have the same momentum behind it IMO.

Parkdale
11-08-2011, 02:13 PM
now, does MLSE wants to create something to remember, or max cash cow?

why are we still asking this question? It's going to be the cow.

however..... the AWESOME thing to do would be to charge whatever king's ransom they usually charge for the primo seats, but open the ENTIRE upper level for a $10 charge.

If the stadium isn't FULL it's going to be because of pricing, not because of interest.

Shway
^very true
but mlse has been doing to many positive things to turn around and NOT make something special out of this
this is going to be a massive game!!!!!!

Yohan
I am with you on this. Don't get me wrong, I hope ticket sales go well but everything I've seen recently points to soft demand.

Mtl in the big-O was right-place, right-time. TFC in skydome just doesn't have the same momentum behind it IMO.
there is 4 months to build hype

ouderwien
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM

however..... the AWESOME thing to do would be to charge whatever king's ransom they usually charge for the primo seats, but open the ENTIRE upper level for a $10 charge.

If the stadium isn't FULL it's going to be because of pricing, not because of interest.

I think this is what FO should do. Offer all SSH's free tickets and try to seat them in similar seats. Create a united supporter section on one end. Model the pricing of the lower bowl off of BMO for the extra seats leftover. Then the upper bowl is extra and excess. Charge $10. Most people won't be coming to this game because they are knowledgeable in CCL, they will come because of the price.

So then all three pricing plans please everybody SSH, FO and casual fans.

What a pipe dreaammmm......

MartinUtd
11-08-2011, 02:17 PM
A world class opponent for the biggest game in the clubs history!!!!

:flare::drum::scarf::hurray:

TFC!!!

It has to be said: LA is not a world class opponent.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 02:19 PM
8zCht8wk9fQ

I say the RPB members arrive in style once again!!!! DOUBLE DECKER BUSSES anyone?? :)

LEAVE SHOELESS drop off at ROGERS!! :)

Stouffville_RPB
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Fuck Becks, Fuck Keane, Fuck Donovan, Fuck LA.

As of now this team is my biggest enemy until we bury their asses sometime in March.

Fuck we shouldn't be excited about seeing their players we should be excited about seeing OUR team kick some LA shit.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!

We get to see Chad "can't hit the net" Barrett do his thing with DK burying 3 in early March!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM

never proved to me that they were capable before
once again, id be happy to be proven wrong

__wowza
11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
8zCht8wk9fQ

I say the RPB members arrive in style once again!!!! DOUBLE DECKER BUSSES anyone?? :)

LEAVE SHOELESS drop off at ROGERS!! :)

we have to go fucking HUGE here.
any chance we can get the SGs to sit down with MLSE to discuss how things would idealy play out if we're in skydome?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
one thing for sure...there is a ton of banner space....behind the goals...:)

Fort York Redcoat
11-08-2011, 02:38 PM

It will the night...the night of the cow...

UyOKubW6JZU

Redcoe15
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Since our side has drawn the Galaxy, I say the match should be played at the SkyDome (Rogers Centre, fuck the rebranding). That'll be sweet.

So when's Techno gonna come in and jizz his pants over getting to see Robbie Keane in March? :D

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 02:42 PM
if there is any team in MLS we play well against its these fuks!

Toronto 0-0 Los Angeles
Los Angeles 2-1 Toronto

Los Angeles 2-3 Toronto
Toronto 2-0 Los Angeles

Toronto 1-2 Los Angeles
Los Angeles 2-0 Toronto

Los Angeles 0-0 Toronto
Toronto 0-0 Los Angeles

Toronto 0-0 Los Angeles
Los Angeles 2-2 Toronto

Brooker
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Let's hope they market the hell out of it like they did when........

err.... Well, what better time to start?

Parkdale
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
does anyone else remember when the Raps did a FREE game at Skydome? (yes it was still the skydome back then). The ACC wasn't built yet, and the Raps were playing in cavernously (empty) dome. Granted it was mostly teens and kids with nothing better to do... BUT it was impressive.

Couchy81
11-08-2011, 02:51 PM
does anyone else remember when the Raps did a FREE game at Skydome? (yes it was still the skydome back then). The ACC wasn't built yet, and the Raps were playing in cavernously (empty) dome. Granted it was mostly teens and kids with nothing better to do... BUT it was impressive.

I remember watching Michael Jordan and the Bulls from the top of the 500s.. Couldn't see shit, but it was awesome being there.

menefreghista
11-08-2011, 02:52 PM

I went to that.

It was for a pre-season game.

Mind you I think that was pre-MLSE ownership.

---------------------

I do think MLSE should consider giving this game for 'free' to season ticket holders.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I do think MLSE should consider giving this game for 'free' to season ticket holders.

id like that too but i feel like the chances of that happening are even less than MLSE making all tickets cheaper

11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
The winner of our tie gets the winner of the Santos or Seattle.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2510266,00.html

Carefree
11-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Booking some vacation time for mid-March and heading to California.

GuelphStorm2007
11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Well it is L.A. now it is time for the hype to begin we should be going to ML$E front office and urging them to have normal ticket prices and hype the event as soon as possible similiar to what Montreal did a few years ago. Then believe me we can get at least 40000 at Rogers hopefully the Leafs are not playing that nite

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
We will all have to wait to see actually how MLSE prices this CCL quarter final match against the Galaxy. The lower level capacity (100-200) of the Rogers Centre for CFL games comes in at 31, 600. The 500 level is 52, 595, so that would let them really push about 20,000 tickets cheap while still having a price structure of some sort for the lower levels.

__wowza
11-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Well it is L.A. now it is time for the hype to begin we should be going to ML$E front office and urging them to have normal ticket prices and hype the event as soon as possible similiar to what Montreal did a few years ago.

this is what im saying. we're a selling point for them as much as the team or the MLSE promotional machine are, if we get something rolling with the other SGs we really have a chance to have the seating done right. also:

Tue, 6 Mar 2012
Bruins v Maple Leafs
7:00 PM

Wed, 7 Mar 2012
Maple Leafs v Penguins
7:30 PM

this seems like their best chance to get interest in the team going again. im hoping they dont fuck it up.

Redpunkfiddle
11-08-2011, 04:05 PM
The winner of our tie gets the winner of the Santos or Seattle.

http://www.concacaf.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2510266,00.html

Note also that if we are in the semis and finals then we host the second legs.

Now how about that for a discussion- do we go back to BMO for those matches? No jinx. The semis? probably. The final? Hmm...

Redpunkfiddle
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Ok now that we know it's going to be vs LA:rolleyes: I'm hoping this city can prove me wrong in thinking they need Becks to sellout Skydome. Hell, I'm not convinced of a an attended sellout at BMO....

Sorry dude. I was pulling for ya.

Look at it this way, it might have been the Colorado Rapids.

mastermixer
11-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Can someone please convince me how this game will be a sellout in the SkyDome? I don't think we have had one game outside of the season seat ticket games sell out at BMO, and we have had a few significant games the past couple of years. The reason that most MLS games sell out is because people just almost blindly commit to those games at the beginning of the year automatically and just attend or give them to other people.
I want to believe there is enough fan interest in TFC at this point to sell out the dome but TV ratings and extracurricular games in the past give me doubts.
Unless they price it SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than BMO it will backfire I'm sure.

Shakes McQueen
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Can someone please convince me how this game will be a sellout in the SkyDome? I don't think we have had one game outside of the season seat ticket games sell out at BMO, and we have had a few significant games the past couple of years. The reason that most MLS games sell out is because people just almost blindly commit to those games at the beginning of the year automatically and just attend or give them to other people.
I want to believe there is enough fan interest in TFC at this point to sell out the dome but unless they price it SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than BMO it will backfire I'm sure.

- Cheaper tickets due to increased volume of seating (this better be true)
- Months of advance advertising during a period when the team has nothing else going on.
- Known MLS names. Especially if Beckham re-signs.

To name a few.

- Scott

mastermixer
11-08-2011, 04:30 PM
^Cheaper tickets are a must. But they also have to convince non-supporters that this game is big. In previous big games, MLSE has failed to do this. They got really lucky drawing LA or else it would have been that much harder to sell this game.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Well it is L.A. now it is time for the hype to begin we should be going to ML$E front office and urging them to have normal ticket prices and hype the event as soon as possible similiar to what Montreal did a few years ago. Then believe me we can get at least 40000 at Rogers hopefully the Leafs are not playing that nite

normal ticket prices are not going to be enough, they will have to underprice them to get that many people to the game, thats how montreal did it

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM
- Cheaper tickets due to increased volume of seating (this better be true)
- Months of advance advertising during a period when the team has nothing else going on.
- Known MLS names. Especially if Beckham re-signs.

To name a few.

- Scott

unfortunately all big IFs at the moment, MLSE hasnt been quite so astute when dealing with relatively similar situations in the past

mastermixer
11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom with the TFC staff trying to figure out how to plan this. Not only does this game mean something it potentially re-ignites the fan base of team.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
FTR im not usually all about MLSE bashing (feel free to go through my posts) but i have my serious doubts about us filling the skydome (especially if it involves tickets at great discounts which i think is the only way they will fill it) as we havent been able to fill any other CCL games this season (let alone any other weve participated in)

Mark TFC
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Beat LA!

tfcleeds
11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Since our side has drawn the Galaxy, I say the match should be played at the SkyDome (Rogers Centre, fuck the rebranding). That'll be sweet.

So when's Techno gonna come in and jizz his pants over getting to see Robbie Keane in March? :D

Go to the Liverpool thread...;)

Shakes McQueen
11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
The game may not be a total sell-out, but if they proceed properly, I think they can fill out the Dome nicely.

This isn't just another CCL game against some unknown Central American team. The Galaxy are one of the few teams in MLS with some brand recognition (mostly due to Becks). And this isn't a group stage match - it's a quarter final match.

Many footy fans in the GTA will likely flock to a cheap opportunity to see guys like Beckham and Keane play. Toronto casual sports glory hunters will come out because they want to be a part of a Toronto team's possible success (part of the mentality that made this team a local "destination" for the first couple of years).

Maybe all of this doesn't add up to the 55,000+ seats in the SkyDome, but it should be a more than respectable number if they do it right.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 04:48 PM
IF they do it right sure.
If being the issue.
Not to continue being the debbie downer/devils advocate but Beckham being at LA isnt a lock quite yet

tfcleeds
11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Maybe all of this doesn't add up to the 55,000+ seats in the SkyDome, but it should be a more than respectable number if they do it right.

- Scott

Agreed. I highly doubt they will sell it out, but even 35-40K would be an awesome turnout.

rocker
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
The Bruce likes the draw.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2011/11/08/galaxys-arena-happy-ccl-draw-against-reds

Roogsy
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Surely MLSE/TFC can't fuck THIS one up can they?

Golden opportunity. They could not have asked for a better Christmas gift. If they muck this one up, they should all be strung up by their testes.

These guys are constantly getting their asses saved out of the fire. Hopefully they start capitalizing on this shit instead of fumbling through the season like a bunch of amateurs.

Yohan
11-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Golden opportunity. They could not have asked for a better Christmas gift. If they muck this one up, they should all be strung up by their testes.

These guys are constantly getting their asses saved out of the fire. Hopefully they start capitalizing on this shit instead of fumbling through the season like a bunch of amateurs.
it all depends on whether TFC FO is hanging on to that illusion that success is just a few wins away, and they can afford to try to milk this for all its worth.

let's see if the season ticket sales are so low, that they finally wake up

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-08-2011, 05:08 PM
The Bruce likes the draw.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2011/11/08/galaxys-arena-happy-ccl-draw-against-reds

and so do we....GAME Foooooooking ON!!

Oldtimer
11-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Only ML$E could possibly ruin this opportunity, but even they aren't that stupid. Or maybe they are. :facepalm:

Agreed 100%

True dat. It's truly amazing.

habstfc
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't think Beckham will be back, especially if the Galaxy win the mls cup, which they probably will. He's always maintained he came to L.A. to win a championship so if they win I think he's back to europe to finish out his career. Donovan might not be back either, he too might go back and play in europe at least until the european season is over. I think 35,000 is the over/under on this game if I was going to bet. If the tickets are reasonably priced it shouldn't be a problem to get that number even if beckham isn't playing.

Canary10
11-08-2011, 06:24 PM
It would be great if SSH got something out if this. Like a buy 2 seats get 2 free kind if thing. I could easily get 15 people out to the game.

ag futbol
11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Well ... I hope it works but I don't think any singular promotion effort will be enough if the underlying conditions aren't there.

I know too many marginal TFC people - the types MLSE need to get a good number at that stadium - who have this team set to off right now. After four years of Mo it was very hard to come away feeling good about the product. We've all been built up before only to get slapped in the face (end of 2009, Mtl @ home CDN championship 08). It's going to take real run of success to get people back.. AW just isn't that far along as of yet and one trip to the quarter finals in concacaf CCL is not the point I see people coming back and saying "this if for real now, I'm not being taken for a sucker" especially against a backdrop of mixed results in league play.

Again, here's to hoping I eat my hat on this one but gut feeling says I doubt it.

Section 117
11-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Guys the decision where to play this game has been decided even before this draw. I was told that decision was made last week

They are finalizing a few details and an announcement should be made soon (a week or so) from what I have been told

AL-MO
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Good draw for TFC. I am so stoked for these two games in March.

AL-MO
11-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Guys the decision where to play this game has been decided even before this draw. I was told that decision was made last week

They are finalizing a few details and an announcement should be made soon (a week or so) from what I have been told

Wherever they play I hope there is a plan for grouping SG's and other like minded supporters together.

Detroit_TFC
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Such an opportunity for the FO, if they do things right and really bust their ass to build this. They have an opportunity to create a level of buzz about the team it hasn't had in 3 years. A big crowd (and hopefully a win) in the first leg would create a lot of momentum feeding directly into the start of the season a couple weeks later. That's money.

They can make this into a Big Event. But it will take more than $20 tickets. They will need to market this, work the phones and get all in.

sidvan
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
from twitter

Paulbeirne Paul Beirne
TFC will be playing at BMO later in March.
1 minute ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

FIAF
11-08-2011, 09:24 PM
from twitter

Paulbeirne Paul Beirne

.No.

denime
11-08-2011, 09:35 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1268474597/Screen_shot_2011-03-10_at_10.21.49_PM_normal.png
Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/#%21/Paulbeirne) Paul Beirne

If we play at the 'Dome it will have to be on grass. At that time of year it will have to come from the Carolinas or FLA.

19 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Paulbeirne/status/134091470134198272)

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1268474597/Screen_shot_2011-03-10_at_10.21.49_PM_normal.png

23 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Paulbeirne/status/134090652714663936)

Well put RT @Gingertfc (http://twitter.com/#%21/Gingertfc): @Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/#%21/Paulbeirne) bmo quite simply its are home. We don't want the argos at bmo let's stay outta rogers center #TFCLAGCCL (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFCLAGCCL)

30 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Paulbeirne/status/134088936069935104)

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 09:48 PM
no probs with that.
theyll have an easier time filling BMO than they will Skydome.
Not to mention if they dont fill BMO it wont feel so empty

menefreghista
11-08-2011, 10:29 PM
from twitter

Paulbeirne Paul Beirne

That doesn't really say anything.

In fact I would say its misleading as TFC could be playing an MLS home game in late March, just like it did this past season.

Edit: Unless TFC has lobbied CONCACAF to move the match date?

TFCin110
11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
For the crowd? You want more people to go to the game? That's really supportive of your local football!! Well Said!!

Huh? I could give a toss about the crowd and have no clue how local football entered in this. I'm a United supporter and want to see a red legend. I've never understood the hate on people have about great footballers coming to play here. Yes they are opponents but you can still have respect for them and want to see them play whilst still supporting TFC.

TorCanSoc
11-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Its all about the crowd no? Itching to see how it all plays out if its at Skydome.

TFCin110
11-08-2011, 10:52 PM
If, as Paul Beirne says, the game will be on grass at the dome, then for me its a no brainer. The dome!

denime
11-08-2011, 11:07 PM
If, as Paul Beirne says, the game will be on grass at the dome, then for me its a no brainer. The dome!

But that exactly is the problem,to bring grass from Florida is more expensive than to fix plumbing at BMO.
For RM game few year back to get grass from Ontario bill was $250 K,from Carolina or FLA probably double that price and that's why game at BMO makes more sense for ML$E.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
But that exactly is the problem,to bring grass from Florida is more expensive than to fix plumbing at BMO.
For RM game few year back to get grass from Ontario bill was $250 K,from Carolina or FLA probably double that price and that's why game at BMO makes more sense for ML$E.

Coupled with the fact it'd be hard to fill up the skydome

ManUtd4ever
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Installing a temporary grass surface at the Rogers Center might actually be a cost efficient alternative for MLSE as opposed to spending $100,000 to deal with plumbing issues that were encountered at BMO Field for the home opener earlier this year. The added revenue that could be generated from the additional seating at Rogers Center should easily offset the cost of importing a grass surface.

habstfc
11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
The fact is that weather in early march in toronto is still very cold. There are too many cons on taking a chance of playing the game at bmo on those dates. If the game is at bmo they would be lucky to get 6 or 7,000 people there. I'll be wherever the game is played but most people won't freeze their asses off for a non SSH game, that's a fact.

spe18
11-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Installing a temporary grass surface at the Rogers Center might actually be a cost efficient alternative for MLSE as opposed to spending $100,000 to deal with plumbing issues that were encountered at BMO Field for the home opener earlier this year. The added revenue that could be generated from the additional seating at Rogers Center should easily offset the cost of importing a grass surface.

Keep in mind though that the MLS season is scheduled to start later that week, and if the Rogers Centre is unavail (as it is booked for the following week), then BMO field will have to be used regardless (that is if TFC is at home for the opening game).

Auzzy
11-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Check Paul Beirne's full Twitter feed: he hasn't said anything definite. He's just giving some info about both sides of the story, and asking people for their input.

TFCREDNWHITE
11-09-2011, 01:25 AM
My inside info tells me they are hammering out details for Skydome to happen.

Fort York Redcoat
11-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Huh? I could give a toss about the crowd and have no clue how local football entered in this. I'm a United supporter and want to see a red legend. I've never understood the hate on people have about great footballers coming to play here. Yes they are opponents but you can still have respect for them and want to see them play whilst still supporting TFC.

Huh? Hate is a strong word, mate. I like the fact we can meet great footballers in competition. It makes the local league stronger. As does a big crowd.

This league still needs to grow and that's why we welcome fans for whatever reason they will be at this game. Hopefully one day the game alone will be reason enough, though.

prizby
11-09-2011, 09:03 AM

who the fuck is david beckham? as the home crowd, its our job to make him and his teammates feel as uncomfortable as possible (without losing our own dignity). I am not going to game to cheer on a 'red legend', I am going to the game to cheer on MY reds, and if it means making a 'red legend' feel uncomfortable on the road, i have got no problem with it

prizby
11-09-2011, 09:21 AM
IF we were to make it to the final, the 2nd leg would be in Toronto!

Yohan
11-09-2011, 09:27 AM
IF we were to make it to the final, the 2nd leg would be in Toronto!
how do you figure?

FIAF
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM

David Beckham? Couldn't care less...

jasper
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
how do you figure?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2011/11/08/ccl-quarters-draw-pits-la-vs-toronto-seattle-vs-santos

"Should an MLS team advance to the final, it would host the second leg of the Champions League finals between April 24 and April 26."

Yohan
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2011/11/08/ccl-quarters-draw-pits-la-vs-toronto-seattle-vs-santos

"Should an MLS team advance to the final, it would host the second leg of the Champions League finals between April 24 and April 26."
holy shit that'd be so amazing

Flint
11-09-2011, 10:33 AM
who the fuck is david beckham? as the home crowd, its our job to make him and his teammates feel as uncomfortable as possible (without losing our own dignity). I am not going to game to cheer on a 'red legend', I am going to the game to cheer on MY reds, and if it means making a 'red legend' feel uncomfortable on the road, i have got no problem with it

+ fucking 1!!

Waggy
11-09-2011, 11:02 AM

Jays are on the road from April 20th-27th. Just saying.

trane
11-09-2011, 11:09 AM
I am reading the negative comments about TFC, and I am getting excited. We need to make so much fucking noise on that day, pink streamers for ladycakes is a must. Lets bomb the corners like the old days. FUCK LA. FUCK BECKS. FUCK LADYCAKES. FUCK OWEN.

On Nov 7 they all became the enemy, enough of this fan boy shit. We need to destroy them on and off the pitch. (non-violent like) FORZA TFC.

Stouffville_RPB
11-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I am reading the negative comments about TFC, and I am getting excited. We need to make so much fucking noise on that day, pink streamers for ladycakes is a must. Lets bomb the corners like the old days. FUCK LA. FUCK BECKS. FUCK LADYCAKES. FUCK OWEN.

On Nov 7 they all became the enemy, enough of this fan boy shit. We need to destroy them on and off the pitch. (non-violent like) FORZA TFC.

:drum::drum::drum::scarf::scarf::scarf::drum::drum ::drum::scarf::scarf::scarf::drum::drum::drum:

trane
11-09-2011, 11:15 AM
^ I agree with that.

TFCin110
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM

And that's fine, i'm a TFC fan too. But long before TFC was even a thought I supported (and still support) another club at which Beckham was a standout. I will hands down be supporting TFC but am also happy at the prospect of possibly being able to see a player I grew up supporting. I don't understand why people on here jump all over that. It's the same thing as the "stand and sing or your not a true supporter" mentality. I had reconstructive surgery on both knees from playing football and can't stand for 90 minutes....does that make me any less of a supporter? No.

Anyway, hopefully TFC can pull this one out of the fire. As far as the BMO v Skydome debate. I think IF they can fill more seats that will off set the cost of bringing grass in from the Carolina's. I think it makes more sense to do this rather than retro fit BMO plumbing because how often will be playing this early every year? It's not a certainty. But then again, it depends on the cost to retro fit.

Pookie
11-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I am reading the negative comments about TFC, and I am getting excited. We need to make so much fucking noise on that day, pink streamers for ladycakes is a must.

Streamers eh?

Not allowed for MLS games but this isn't an MLS game... :ihih:

Practically speaking, if one were to be seated near corners and the game was at Rogers, would one be close enough to it in order to uh, observe, any streamers being showered at the appropriate moment?

Fort York Redcoat
11-09-2011, 01:26 PM
115,116,117 If one were so inclined..

trane
11-09-2011, 03:57 PM
^ Interesting.

I would love to see us bring that first year fervor to this game.

Brooker
11-09-2011, 04:45 PM
And that's fine, i'm a TFC fan too. But long before TFC was even a thought I supported (and still support) another club at which Beckham was a standout. I will hands down be supporting TFC but am also happy at the prospect of possibly being able to see a player I grew up supporting. I don't understand why people on here jump all over that. It's the same thing as the "stand and sing or your not a true supporter" mentality. I had reconstructive surgery on both knees from playing football and can't stand for 90 minutes....does that make me any less of a supporter? No.

I think they don't like your attitude because if you get your wish and you get to see David Beckham play us, our chances of beating them aren't as good.

I mean it's understandable that you'd like to see one of your favorites play, but proudly proclaiming it on a supporters board about our biggest game of all time? maybe not the best idea.

MartinUtd
11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
If the guy wasn't called "Number 1 Reds Fan" and the glaring irony was not present, then it probably would have gone by the wayside.

__wowza
11-10-2011, 10:57 AM

^ what he said. i'd love to see robbie keane, as both a spurs and an ireland supporter, i can like him as much as i want outside of the game.. but the second he steps on our pitch he becomes my enemy.

Fort York Redcoat
11-10-2011, 12:18 PM
And that's fine, i'm a TFC fan too. But long before TFC was even a thought I supported (and still support) another club at which Beckham was a standout. I will hands down be supporting TFC but am also happy at the prospect of possibly being able to see a player I grew up supporting. I don't understand why people on here jump all over that.

It's the same thing as the "stand and sing or your not a true supporter" mentality. I had reconstructive surgery on both knees from playing football and can't stand for 90 minutes....does that make me any less of a supporter? No.

It's not even close, mate. Opposition is opposition. No "But"s. It's not your fault though that you're a long time Madrid fan (;)) and many others will be going to see Becks for his fame instead of his football.

I'm glad you'll be behind the team on the day.

FIAF
11-10-2011, 12:58 PM

Why an MLS team? Only 1 actually won their group.