View Full Version : TFC 2011 goals compilation

Yohan
11-01-2011, 01:14 AM
FhyRhKCBuBQ

found on youtube

Darlofletch
11-01-2011, 01:36 AM
That's a great compilation.

one thing that really stands out for me is koevermans' movemnet. he scored a lot of goals off crosses into the penalty area, and he always seeems to be free. you think 'how can the defence leave him that wide open, but just watch him before the balls played in, he'll make a little run, or change direction and all of a sudden he's in a yeard of space, and if the ball comes to him, then he'll bury it.

seriously good forward play. remarkably so.

Auzzy
11-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Something else that Koevermans often does, but that isn't really visible in this compilation: after a run, he'll suddenly stop dead in his tracks, somewhere in front of goal. He suddenly looks gassed or uninterested, sometimes even puts his hands on his hips. The result: a defender that was marking him quite closely, may also lose interest & drift away from him. Next thing you know, Koevermans is open for a cross, or totally free to make another little run & tap in a goal.

TorontoGooner
11-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Great video, nice work

mastermixer
11-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Koevermans makes you wonder how Barrett is even a professional soccer player.

maninb
11-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Thoughts....And here we thought Martina actually had some talent....LOL!....And much to my surprise Soolsma seemed to be involved in a lot more goals than I would have imagined...oh...and of course JP and DK are both BRILLIANT!!!

Auzzy
11-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Koevermans makes you wonder how Barrett is even a professional soccer player.

On the LA Galaxy no less, who are killing the league this season. Barrett has 7 goals & 5 assists this season with LA. Oh well.

One thing that surprised me when I saw this video... that we even scored 30 goals this season.... :D

Oldtimer
11-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Great collection and surprisingly good video quality. Kudos to whoever did this!

Certainly TFC is not offensively challenged.

Roogsy
11-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I think we all knew it, but just to point out that the great majority of goals came from the 2nd half of the season when the DPs had arrived.

Oldtimer
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I think we all knew it, but just to point out that the great majority of goals came from the 2nd half of the season when the DPs had arrived.

Interesting that DeRo's lone goal for TFC didn't make it in. Maybe the editor just wanted to focus mostly on the current squad.

ManUtd4ever
11-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Nice video. It's encouraging that the majority of those goals were scored by players that will be a key part of our club moving forward.

ManUtd4ever
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Interesting that DeRo's lone goal for TFC didn't make it in. Maybe the editor just wanted to focus on the current squad.

It did, it was the first goal in the video.

Oldtimer
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
It did, it was the first goal in the video.

hmmm... must be distracted! :lol:

brandrews
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Something else that Koevermans often does, but that isn't really visible in this compilation: after a run, he'll suddenly stop dead in his tracks, somewhere in front of goal. He suddenly looks gassed or uninterested, sometimes even puts his hands on his hips. The result: a defender that was marking him quite closely, may also lose interest & drift away from him. Next thing you know, Koevermans is open for a cross, or totally free to make another little run & tap in a goal.

i chatted with eric avila on saturday about that type of situation with danny k; the tying goal in the season ender against new england, the ball works its way out to the left side to avila, and on the video, koevermans stops at the top of the box and just walks for a couple steps, then he just books it back post and hammers the cross home. that kind of instinctiveness is baffling to me.

Roogsy
11-01-2011, 10:36 AM
i chatted with eric avila on saturday about that type of situation with danny k; the tying goal in the season ender against new england, the ball works its way out to the left side to avila, and on the video, koevermans stops at the top of the box and just walks for a couple steps, then he just books it back post and hammers the cross home. that kind of instinctiveness is baffling to me.

He has the best movement of any player I have ever seen on TFC or maybe even the league. It's quite impressive. And a little funny that teams have not caught on to it. He is going to torch this league next year until managers smarten up. Bad defending doesn't hurt as much when you're defending Chad Barrett, but when you've got a cold-blooded assassin like Danny K, he'll burn you good.

mowe
11-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Great video, I'm going to save it for whenever I need to cheer myself up :).

My favourite was the second Martina goal in the home opener. Hell of a goal, extra special for me as it was my first TFC game and I was in the south stands.

brandrews
11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
He has the best movement of any player I have ever seen on TFC or maybe even the league. It's quite impressive. And a little funny that teams have not caught on to it. He is going to torch this league next year until managers smarten up. Bad defending doesn't hurt as much when you're defending Chad Barrett, but when you've got a cold-blooded assassin like Danny K, he'll burn you good.

haha...cold-blooded assassin...awesome.

chad barrett usually defends himself if you just leave him alone.

rocker
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
That was a fun video to watch!

One thing about this season -- I think we saw more "pretty" goals than any past season. My father used to rant and rave about 1) TFC's inability to score, and 2) when TFC did score in past seasons, the goals used to be plumber type of goals coming from scrambles or battles. But this season a greater number of players scored a good number of attractive goals....

Whoop
11-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Noticed a lot of goals that even up matches late. Just imagine if this team was stronger defensively. Geez.

Koevermans is more of a silent killer, but Plata has a knack for flair.

brandrews
11-01-2011, 10:57 AM
i'm loving watching julian's goal against dc again; i was so freakin' happy when that went in, and it was such a beautiful goal.

uncle p
11-01-2011, 11:35 AM
I was reminded just how much I hate the crew after watching that video lol

Voodooman
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
That gave me goosebumps, great stuff going over this season and some of its greatest moments.

Auzzy
11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
So, who's gonna do the "worst 30 goals against" compilation, just to keep us in touch with reality? ;)

ManUtd4ever
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
So, who's gonna do the "worst 30 goals against" compilation, just to keep us in touch with reality? ;)

All we need is a video montage of Iro and Harden. :D

Although I'lll admit that they both improved their form substantially down the stretch, especially Harden.

Voodooman
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Haha if we did it all TFC time we would be seeing a lot of nick garcia. just looking at mls goals of year, shocking to see we only got one there

Yohan
11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Plata did score a lot of memorable goals

PopePouri
11-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Love the goal at 5:35. Great distribution from Avila, great cross from Morgan, Boom! Danny K.

Oldtimer
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Don't really need that. If Winter & Mariner can't replace our two CBs with much better starters, I would be surprised. Even Cann coming back would be an improvement.

Oldtimer
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I was reminded just how much I hate the crew after watching that video lol

Funny, I was thinking about how much I dislike the yellow team when I saw the first goal against them. :D

Couchy81
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Awesome, if this guy hadn't made a video compilation for this year I was definitely going to take a stab at it because there were some great goals this season. I like his ranking of the goals as well, pretty much spot on. Only thing I didn't like was that avril lavign ? song but I was distracted by the goals so it didn't make a big difference anyways.

Great job!

RealG-TFC
11-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I remember yelling at the tv in a bar in Ottawa when Yourassovski netted that goal vs. vancouver.

Alonso
11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Plata and Koevermans were all over those highlights. And usually together on a majority of each others goals or creating for others.

If Plata doesn't come back I think Danny's production could take a small hit. Plata is obviously a key component to the success our offence enjoyed this year. They have to find a way to bring him back.

He's not irreplaceable, but why shop for another guy when we got one that fits into the team really well already?