PDA

View Full Version : MLS Playoffs thread

Pages : [1] 2

mowe
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
With Houston's win over LA tonight the stage is set for the 2011 playoffs!

Play-in games
New York at Dallas
Columbus at Colorado

Conference semis
LA vs lower wild card
Seattle vs Salt Lake

Kansas City vs higher wild card
Houston vs Philadelphia

I'm thinking New York over Dallas for no sane reason and Colorado taking care of Columbus. Seattle and Houston win their conference semi matchups. LA beats NYRB in a high-profile home and home while Kansas City edges Colorado (this one could go either way). SKC makes it to the final over Houston and LA handles Seattle in the most electric match of the postseason. The LA Galaxy then go on to win the MLS Cup at home over Sporting Kansas City 3-1. Great playoffs for the league and LA finally gets that trophy with Beckham. You heard it here first, folks.

Anyone else excited for the playoffs?

Carts
10-23-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm looking forward to the playoffs as well - and your scenario listed above very well could happen...

The league itself would love your scenario as well - they get their LA/NY matchup in the aggregate stage, and then get to see Backham lift the trophy (which would up the media attention)..

ensco
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking New York over Dallas for no sane reason

No, that's a pretty sane thought. RBNY hit the jackpot here. Dallas is in a huge tailspin (I don't know how else to characterize getting blitzed for 8 goals at home by Tauro and TFC in last two CCL games). NY will waltz through.

As noted, the looming NY-LA matchup is mouthwatering. That series would actually drive decent TV ratings in Europe, I bet.

Roogsy
10-24-2011, 12:04 AM
No, that's a pretty sane thought. RBNY hit the jackpot here. Dallas is in a huge tailspin (I don't know how else to characterize getting blitzed for 8 goals at home by Tauro and TFC in last two CCL games). NY will waltz through.

As noted, the looming NY-LA matchup is mouthwatering. That series would actually drive decent TV ratings in Europe, I bet.

Bang on with all points.

LittleOzzy
10-24-2011, 11:15 AM
TSN and TSN2 will have a lot of games this season which is great. I'm really happy they have stepped up to support the league. Watching the games this year will mean even better things for the future. Support the league and TSN will take notice.

jloome
10-24-2011, 11:24 AM
"If and buts...." etc.

HOWEVER, it is worth noting that the Columbus Few would be (pseudo) cheerign their excuse for a team in the playoffs, had we not beaten them at home this year for the first time.

Carts
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
TSN2’s broadcast schedule of the MLS CUP PLAYOFFS is as follows:

Wild Card Matches (home teams listed first):
·FC Dallas vs. New York Red Bulls – Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 9 p.m. ET on TSN2
·Colorado Rapids vs. Columbus Crew – Thursday, Oct. 27 at 10 p.m. ET on TSN2

Eastern Conference Semifinals – First Leg (home teams listed first):
·FC Dallas vs. Sporting Kansas City – Saturday, Oct. 29 at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN2 OR
Colorado Rapids/Columbus Crew vs. Sporting Kansas City – Sunday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN2

Eastern Conference Semifinals – Second Leg (home team listed first):
·Houston Dynamo vs. Philadelphia Union – Thursday, Nov. 3 at 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN2

Western Conference Semifinals – First Leg (home team listed first):
·Real Salt Lake vs. Seattle Sounders FC – Saturday, Oct. 29 at 10 p.m. ET on TSN2

Western Conference Semifinals – Second Leg (home teams listed first):
·Seattle Sounders FC vs. Real Salt Lake – Wednesday, Nov. 2 on TSN2 (time TBC)
·LA Galaxy vs. Colorado Rapids/Columbus Crew/New York Red Bulls – Thursday, Nov. 3 at 11 p.m. ET on TSN2

Conference Championships (single games):
·Game 2: Hosted by highest remaining seed – Sunday, Nov. 6 on TSN2 (time TBC)

MLS CUP:
·Winner of Game 1 Conference Championship vs. Winner of Game 2 Conference Championship – Sunday, Nov. 20 at 9 p.m. ET on TSN2

mowe
10-24-2011, 05:32 PM
^ It's awesome that all these games are being shown by TSN. Great for the exposure of the league in Canada, and you know there's going to be some great games in there.

Auzzy
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
TSN2’s broadcast schedule of the MLS CUP PLAYOFFS is as follows:

Wild Card Matches (home teams listed first):
·FC Dallas vs. New York Red Bulls – Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 9 p.m. ET on TSN2
·Colorado Rapids vs. Columbus Crew – Thursday, Oct. 27 at 10 p.m. ET on TSN2

Eastern Conference Semifinals – First Leg (home teams listed first):
·FC Dallas vs. Sporting Kansas City – Saturday, Oct. 29 at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN2 OR
Colorado Rapids/Columbus Crew vs. Sporting Kansas City – Sunday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN2

Eastern Conference Semifinals – Second Leg (home team listed first):
·Houston Dynamo vs. Philadelphia Union – Thursday, Nov. 3 at 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN2

Western Conference Semifinals – First Leg (home team listed first):
·Real Salt Lake vs. Seattle Sounders FC – Saturday, Oct. 29 at 10 p.m. ET on TSN2

Western Conference Semifinals – Second Leg (home teams listed first):
·Seattle Sounders FC vs. Real Salt Lake – Wednesday, Nov. 2 on TSN2 (time TBC)
·LA Galaxy vs. Colorado Rapids/Columbus Crew/New York Red Bulls – Thursday, Nov. 3 at 11 p.m. ET on TSN2

Conference Championships (single games):
·Game 2: Hosted by highest remaining seed – Sunday, Nov. 6 on TSN2 (time TBC)

MLS CUP:
·Winner of Game 1 Conference Championship vs. Winner of Game 2 Conference Championship – Sunday, Nov. 20 at 9 p.m. ET on TSN2

I wonder if that means all of these games will be blocked from MLS MatchDay Live? Crap, I used to watch lots of playoff games that way. I guess you can't please everyone.

Yohan
10-25-2011, 04:50 PM
David Ferreira not available for FCD for the playoffs. That team could use a boost

Yohan
10-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Anyone want to guess who's going to win the Cup? LA is clearly the favourite, but I have sneaky feeling that the Sounders will upset LA in the conference semis. Kansas City to win Eastern Conference and a good match up for the MLS Cup final w/ Seattle doing the double.

Yohan
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2011/10/26/2728855/mccarthys-musings-ranking-the-2011-mls-postseason-field

Goal.com analysis of playoff teams

New York @ Dallas tonight at 9pm

Yohan
10-26-2011, 06:03 PM
And profile of Schellas Hyndman: Bad Ass

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/10/25/playoffs-profile-success-no-surprise-devoted-hyndman

45hWbIy5Fkk

Auzzy
10-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Not sure why this thread is in the "Toronto FC" forum. Last I heard, TFC was most likely not in this year's playoffs.... :D

Dallas has the extra-ugly haircuts tonight.

Yohan
10-26-2011, 08:10 PM
FC Dallas vs New York Red Bulls

http://www.justin.tv/beowolf516#/w/1970875968

http://www.justin.tv/dysreflexx#/w/1970867648

dupont
10-26-2011, 08:24 PM
FC Dallas vs New York Red Bulls

http://www.justin.tv/beowolf516#/w/1970875968

http://www.justin.tv/dysreflexx#/w/1970867648

Thank you!!

dupont
10-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Too much long ball in this first half of the NYRB-Dallas game. I hope the play improves in the second half.

Waggy
10-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm at work, but I may or may not have placed a small wager on the shite bulls. Anyone watching the game? How do they look?

dupont
10-26-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm at work, but I may or may not have placed a small wager on the shite bulls. Anyone watching the game? How do they look?

Both teams look sloppy. The Red Bulls look like they would have a better chance at scoring though if they build a good play.

Waggy
10-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Both teams look sloppy. The Red Bulls look like they would have a better chance at scoring though if they build a good play.

Figures. I mostly bet against Dallas after how they've looked the past 6-8 weeks, so here's hoping! Thanks a lot. This is the first year I'm actually taking an interest in MLS outside of TFC.

TOBOR !
10-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Terrible start by New York, but they weathered the storm and held the upper hand by the end of the half. Can't say the same for Shea's hairstyle.

ag futbol
10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
I look at RBNY and I have to say that is a very quality first 11. The issue is: once you get past the starters the team is terrible and because they have no depth the starters get over-used.

When I watched at the beginning of the year I thought who is going to beat these guys? they played so much better than a regular MLS team. Issue being the tank gets to empty too quickly when there's still 20 laps left in the race.

TOBOR !
10-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Terrible start by New York, but they weathered the storm and held the upper hand by the end of the half. Can't say the same for Shea's hairstyle.

Yohan
10-26-2011, 09:22 PM
lol streamers

Yohan
10-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Joel Lindpere. 1-0 NY

Waggy
10-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Joel Lindpere. 1-0 NY

bya!

dupont
10-26-2011, 09:35 PM
bya!

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhr0xxXBIE1qc0j6lo1_400.jpg

Yohan
10-26-2011, 09:37 PM
we have a maicon santos sighting...

Yohan
10-26-2011, 09:43 PM
ouch. straight red for Jan Gunnar Solli for tackle from behind

ag futbol
10-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Well I guess we know who the goat will be if FCD comes back

habstfc
10-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Definate reed.

dupont
10-26-2011, 09:44 PM
What a moronic foul to commit

Auzzy
10-26-2011, 09:52 PM
That foul could have destroyed a knee or something.

ag futbol
10-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Well what can you say? FCD just has not looked impressive.

Yohan
10-26-2011, 10:02 PM
lol. and Henry with the insurance poacher

habstfc
10-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Dallas is done. Im not a big believer in the red bulls, I think L.A. will easily take care of them.

rocker
10-26-2011, 10:04 PM
wow.. what a crash and burn to the end of the year for FCD.

Last year, MLS Cup final.. this year getting knocked outta the CCL and playoffs in the first game.

At least TFC is still alive in a competition. LOL.

Auzzy
10-26-2011, 10:09 PM
As the announcers mentioned: playing the league, plus CCL, plus a few key injuries to Dallas, makes it hard for even someone like Hyndman to manage things.

ensco
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
LA/NY will kickoff at 12 local on Sunday. Interesting. I'm guessing this is because of European television (8pm in UK, 9pm on the continent)

This could be the most watched game in MLS history...

Yohan
10-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Dallas lacked a pure striker to lead the line. And no, Maicon Santos isn't it.

If NY's defence plays like this vs LA, they are going to get raped, even if Robbie Keane is not match fit

Auzzy
10-26-2011, 10:12 PM
LA/NY will kickoff at 12 local on Sunday. Interesting. I'm guessing this is because of European television (8pm in UK, 9pm on the continent)

^ Really, you think so? Bigger than any of the finals?

ensco
10-26-2011, 10:27 PM
^ Really, you think so? Bigger than any of the finals?

Yup.

Beckham. Henry. In playoffs. Primetime in Europe.

Going up against a weak La Liga game (AM vs Zaragoza), La Liga is the traditional default choice for Sunday night live football across Europe. Not this Sunday.

Auzzy
10-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Well then I guess MLS is happy Henry didn't get a red tonight!

NBS
10-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Yup.

Beckham. Henry. In playoffs. Primetime in Europe.

Going up against a weak La Liga game (AM vs Zaragoza), La Liga is the traditional default choice for Sunday night live football across Europe. Not this Sunday.

You may be right, but it won't even draw flies in the US against the NFL.

habstfc
10-26-2011, 10:48 PM
If it is noon here thats 5pm in the U.K. and 6 on the continent, hardly prime time.

Yohan
10-26-2011, 10:51 PM
If it is noon here thats 5pm in the U.K. and 6 on the continent, hardly prime time.
noon pacific time

ag futbol
10-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Dallas lacked a pure striker to lead the line. And no, Maicon Santos isn't it.

If NY's defence plays like this vs LA, they are going to get raped, even if Robbie Keane is not match fit
And also David Ferreira.

Final balls were terrible and they had nothing going for them except taking it wide and whiffing in crosses. I thought it was a performance John Carver would be proud of.

ensco
10-27-2011, 06:29 AM
it won't even draw flies in the US against the NFL.

We agree. It's not part of my argument. This will be 100% about European TV.

It's interesting. It's one of the biggest games in years and they're burying it in the US. If they thought the US TV market for this was important, no way would they put this on at 3pm est. Sports networks show nature programs on Sunday afternoon, they never go head to head with the NFL.

Fort York Redcoat
10-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Glad for the league that NY got past Dallas w/o blatant favouritism. Even the extra time when it was 1-nil wasn't really in NY favour.

Stunned to see more people at Dallas than for CCL. Even more stunned they have 18% more attending. Didn't look it.

Oldtimer
10-27-2011, 07:03 AM
We agree. It's not part of my argument. This will be 100% about European TV.

It's interesting. It's one of the biggest games in years and they're burying it in the US. If they thought the US TV market for this was important, no way would they put this on at 3pm est. Sports networks show nature programs on Sunday afternoon, they never go head to head with the NFL.

MLS' foreign broadcasts are becoming more and more important. SUM has inked quite a few deals over the last few years. Beckham is still very big in Europe and Asia.

The MLS FO must be drooling over this match-up, although a NY-LA MLS Cup final would have been the #1 preference.

Brocko
10-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Glad for the league that NY got past Dallas w/o blatant favouritism. Even the extra time when it was 1-nil wasn't really in NY favour.

Stunned to see more people at Dallas than for CCL. Even more stunned they have 18% more attending. Didn't look it.
Very sad that you make the playoffs and see soooo many empty seats. Dallas has serious attendance issues...I bet between there 3 home CCL games and there 1 playoff game they didnt combine to sell out 1 stadium

NBS
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Very sad that you make the playoffs and see soooo many empty seats. Dallas has serious attendance issues...I bet between there 3 home CCL games and there 1 playoff game they didnt combine to sell out 1 stadium

Aren't there various examples in MLS playoff games drawing less than regular season games?

I know I've seen that before. I think it has to do with weather, sports competition at this time of year (especially if the game is played on weekends) and the fact that they aren't part of the season ticket packages.

For instance, I'd be very interested to see how many people show up tonight in Colorado given the weather.

BTW, you'd win that bet by 612 seats.

habstfc
10-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Colorado are all over columbus, just a matter of time.

Look at that crowd..

habstfc
10-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Cummings scores, 1-0 colorado. It was just a matter of time. I'll bet you there aren't more than 5,000 people there. Note to people who think CCL should be played at BMO.

rocker
10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Colorado doesn't play a very pretty style, that's for sure. I first noticed that in the MLS Cup against Dallas.

Carts
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
I'll bet you there aren't more than 5,000 people there.

Ya that crowd is pretty lean to say the least!

Columbus is being owned. 70%-30% possession in favour of Colorado - but only 1-goal to show for it, so one mistake and we're level...

Auzzy
10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
It's all over, 1-0 for Colorado, Columbus goes home!

kodiakTFC
10-27-2011, 11:08 PM
7803 in attendance in Colorado. Add that to the 10017 in Dallas. Great average so far ;).

Fort York Redcoat
10-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Aren't there various examples in MLS playoff games drawing less than regular season games?

I know I've seen that before. I think it has to do with weather, sports competition at this time of year (especially if the game is played on weekends) and the fact that they aren't part of the season ticket packages.

For instance, I'd be very interested to see how many people show up tonight in Colorado given the weather.

BTW, you'd win that bet by 612 seats.

This is why playoffs will continue to be a question mark for this league. More people than not expect playoffs in North America but because of timing in the year they are virtually unattended.

It's the reason for the vocal group of support wanting to do away with playoffs have ammunition.

London
10-28-2011, 06:01 AM
it's wierd, every other sport has attendance go up for playoffs,

not MLs lol, it makes me wonder if people buy tickets for mls only so they can get through the "dog days of summer" then back to the NFL

Fort York Redcoat
10-28-2011, 06:06 AM
^Sad. The game is improving and just getting bigger but it's still treated like it's just a more lively game than baseball.

With time and history people will give the season/teams more attention.

GBV
10-28-2011, 06:22 AM

Some cities don't deserve teams (Columbus, Dallas, for starters).

(And then you have the big shitty, New York, drawing disappointing numbers to a soccer-specific stadium, with that Henry guy on the team.)

...And it's especially hard to sell lots of tickets/hype in non-diehard towns (and when you're not one of The Big Leagues) when you only have a couple of days to do so. As is often the case when it comes to playoffs, where schedules frequently aren't known until way late.

Same thing happens in first round of playoffs in the OHL. (Not pros, but point being, not one of the "bigs.")

Detroit_TFC
10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
There will be changes to the playoff for next season. Seattle's GM hates the way it was set up for this year, and said in the press that it will be discussed in the Competition Committee.

Personally I'd like to see a bracketed knockout tournament will all teams, seeded by end-of-reg-season table placement. Fairer, better chance to get the top teams into the final, true East v West. 2 brackets, Conf winners gets a first round bye, team #19 on the single table doesn't participate.

Carts
10-28-2011, 09:58 AM
There will be changes to the playoff for next season. Seattle's GM hates the way it was set up for this year, and said in the press that it will be discussed in the Competition Committee.

Personally I'd like to see a bracketed knockout tournament will all teams, seeded by end-of-reg-season table placement. Fairer, better chance to get the top teams into the final, true East v West. 2 brackets, Conf winners gets a first round bye, team #19 on the single table doesn't participate.

You know what - its not "traditional football" but its not a terrible idea when it comes to marketing it to American cities...

Make the regular season title more valuable by rewarding the team that wins with massive allocation money - then the same for the tournament winner...

Its an aggressive approach, and a non-traditional approach, without changing the game itself on the pitch...

Might be crazy enough to work... It would be weird though...

liv4evr
10-28-2011, 10:11 AM

It's a good idea, as was stated, it makes the season title more attractive, but it creates a sort of "second hope" in that all teams would enter the tournament. It's like a carling cup or FA cup type idea but at the end of the season.

Greatest Ripoff
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Is LA v NY on tv tomorrow? I can't find a listing for it.

thanks

habstfc
10-29-2011, 09:14 PM
RSL and Seattle on tsn 2 right now.

Lennon
10-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Anybody have a stream? I'm in Seattle and can't find the game on TV !

DOMIN8R
10-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Can't find a stream. Anybody?

DOMIN8R
10-29-2011, 09:29 PM
FOund one.

http://www.justin.tv/dysreflexx#/w/1986251712

DOMIN8R
10-29-2011, 09:29 PM
0-0 at 22 minutes

Auzzy
10-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Now they've listed all the remaining playoff games in MLS MatchDay Live, but every single one is blocked. F*cking stupidl

Auzzy
10-29-2011, 09:51 PM
RSL 1-0, looked like offside to me. Trying to find a better stream.

habstfc
10-29-2011, 09:53 PM
50% of the time that would be offside but a good goal I think.

Redpunkfiddle
10-29-2011, 10:14 PM
50% of the time that would be offside but a good goal I think.

What does that even mean?

Auzzy
10-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Amazing 2nd goal for RSL.

Good crowd in Sandy, Utah tonight. Some of them from Seattle.

ARs calling some non-offsides vs. RSL now, trying to make up for the non-call. Also missed a definite red to Alonso, only got yellow.

Auzzy
10-29-2011, 10:23 PM

Egg management fee.

Auzzy
10-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Although, now I'm seeing the 2nd tier of the stadium, not sold out. Sad on a Saturday evening.

JuliquE
10-30-2011, 05:41 AM
LA/NY will kickoff at 12 local on Sunday. Interesting. I'm guessing this is because of European television (7pm in UK, 8pm on the continent)

Fixed.

ensco
10-30-2011, 08:10 AM
Fixed.

Strange. I guess the clocks have gone back to standard time there, but not here.

ManUtd4ever
10-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting RSL to give the Sounders a thorough beating.

Pookie
10-30-2011, 09:02 AM

I've been on this concept for awhile too.

The other spin off that a bracketed knockout tournament would encourage is betting. While there is a Declan Hill aspect to watch for when it comes to betting, the NCAA's March Madness is where it is on the popularity scale because of pools.

GBV
10-30-2011, 10:06 AM
TV: So the NYRB/LA isn't on live here in Canada?

nfitz
10-30-2011, 10:38 AM
TV: So the NYRB/LA isn't on live here in Canada?Doesn't look like it ... Ice Dance and NASCAR. A bizarre choice by TSN. Could have thought they could have aired it on tape delay at 4 pm at least. Or bumped it to their CTV2 channel, which is running Bewitched.

No Philadelphia-Houston 5pm game, either.

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 10:39 AM
TV: So the NYRB/LA isn't on live here in Canada?

Very strange, I thought it would be shown on TSN or TSN2, but not according to this post:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1396028&highlight=tsn+tsn2#post1396028

So then why the heck is the game blocked on MLS MatchDay Live in Canada, if it's not on TV here? I must be missing something...

ensco
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
GolTV needs to think about the message they are sending. At least pay for an overflow channel. I understand their commitment to La Liga is important, but they just cannot be running only AM-Zaragoza when an MLS game of this magnitude is on.

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Well, in Canada, there's no way to watch the 3pm MLS game, LA @ NY. But at 4pm, you can watch the 2000 MLS Final, Kansas vs. Chicago, on ESPN Classic, which is broadcast in Canada (although not many get that channel)....

Roogsy
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Strange. I guess the clocks have gone back to standard time there, but not here.

You can thank Dubya for that. England still does it at the same time we always did until the US changed it to "conserve energy" a few years back.

Roogsy
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
GolTV needs to think about the message they are sending. At least pay for an overflow channel. I understand their commitment to La Liga is important, but they just cannot be running only AM-Zaragoza when an MLS game of this magnitude is on.

This is exactly how I feel. Brutal.

ManUtd4ever
10-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Very disappointing on the part of GolTV and TSN.

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I just sent a note to MLS MatchDay Live support, to ask why the game is blocked there for no good reason. (In previous years, you were able to buy a really cheap subscription just for the playoffs, and see almost all games that way.) But I'm not really expecting a useful response. I have a feeling that they're just not bothering with live streaming for any of the games. Perhaps most games are televised nationally in the US, and MatchDay Live is blocked outside of NA anyway, so perhaps they're not bothering just for Canada? Of course, when you've purchased a subscription for the full season, that's pretty annoying.

And yes I realize we likely will be able to find some free stream, but it's stupid to have to resort to that, and the quality usually isn't very good.

nfitz
10-30-2011, 11:17 AM
GolTV needs to think about the message they are sending.TSN has the rights, they purchased them from MLS. What has this to do with GolTV?

habstfc
10-30-2011, 11:45 AM

Do I really have to explain this. 50% of the time it would be called offside, the other 50% it wouldn't. I'm glad it was given, this sport has to wise-up with the offside rule. I think if any part of the body is in any way level it shouldn't be offside. Seattle is probably done.

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
When the Seattle - RSL game was being broadcast & they showed the replay of that first goal, they actually froze the replay at the wrong moment. The ball had already left the foot, so it looked like the RSL player was definitely offside. I checked & stopped the replay at the right moment, and it actually looks like the players were even. I would say good call after all. This is actually how FIFA says they want it called -- even if in too many cases, refs & ARs err in wrong direction (i.e., calling players offside when they weren't). Later in the game, they made at least two really bad offside calls vs RSL, when their player was actually onside by at least a metre or two. BTW the one AR looked quite overweight -- I could see him having a hard time to keep up with the play for a full game, especially at altitude for RSL's home game.

Roogsy
10-30-2011, 12:24 PM
The post-game showed it was onside. My first reaction was offside, but the goal was indeed onside. Either way, Seattle lost by 3 goals. If you don't score any goals, you can't win.

Alonso
10-30-2011, 01:00 PM

I like this idea.

Especially when the MLS has three more teams @ 22.

Bottom four get "relegated" from the tournament. Top four teams receive allocation bonuses for the following year, and conference winners get byes like you mentioned.

This could really add some punch to the whole "playoffs". It would be better if they dropped the "playoff" moniker. Crowned the Supporter Shield Winner at the end of the regular season. And called this the USSF/CSA Cup Tournament (Or something obviously more catchier).

Also this would mean that teams in the bottom table have something to play for, while teams in the middle and top of the table do as well. In my mind this ticks off a whole bunch of boxes on the wishlist for a fan.

ag futbol
10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Def onside looking at the replay, but like everyone else I thought it was off first time I saw it. Credit to the official.

The playoffs right now just seem very convoluted because of the play-in, the home-and-home, and the one game finals. I would simplify it a bit. This ten team thing is BS, they should knock it back down to eight, play home-and-home until the finals, like champs league but with no away goal rule because that just leads to ridiculous bs.

Alonso
10-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Apparent stream for the NY @ LA match:

http://www8.livetv.ru/webplayer2.php?t=yycast&c=sunnfl1&lang=en&eid=93169&lid=7474&ci=64&si=1

Brooker
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM
RSL play Gwen Stefani over the speakers after they score a goal? Lmfao.

JuliquE
10-30-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/12/30/v-323117.html

Redpunkfiddle
10-30-2011, 02:16 PM
What the hell happened to the field? It looks like a plane landed across it in two spots.

Keegan
10-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Wow, the pitch looks crap

flatpicker
10-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Decent quality stream here:

http://www.justin.tv/dysreflexx#/w/1989898272

Alonso
10-30-2011, 02:29 PM

NICE!

Great stream.

Is that snow around the field?

JuliquE
10-30-2011, 02:31 PM
The pitch was torn up by snow-plowers.

jloome
10-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I can't believe we can't get a playoff game here on TV OR on Matchday live. Ridiculous! They blocked LA - NY on matchday, but I can't find anyone carrying it here.

Alonso
10-30-2011, 02:46 PM
I can't believe we can't get a playoff game here on TV OR on Matchday live. Ridiculous! They blocked LA - NY on matchday, but I can't find anyone carrying it here.

It's pretty stupid to alienate your fan base.

No way to watch this one except through streams? Really?

bones
10-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Doesn't look like RBA is even close to full. Maybe that has something to do with it?

sully
10-30-2011, 03:06 PM

This is great cheers. What Idiots at MLS.

SoccMan
10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Sorry guys but I know we have gone over this but it still is not clear to me even after reading some of the posts above. Why is this LA/NY game not on TSN2. I thought it was going to be on TSN2 at 3:P.M. I thought I saw it listed on one of the previous post that the game would be on TSN2 at 3:P.M. what happened?

Alonso
10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Doesn't look like RBA is even close to full. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe, but to punish all the other fan bases in the league because NYRB can't sell out their playoff game? That seems rather short sighted.

ag futbol
10-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry guys but I know we have gone over this but it still is not clear to me even after reading some of the posts above. Why is this LA/NY game not on TSN2. I thought it was going to be on TSN2 at 3:P.M. I thought I saw it listed on one of the previous post that the game would be on TSN2 at 3:P.M. what happened?
They saw nobody in NY cared and figured: why should we? In all seriousness though, I thought it would be on TSN2 as well, surprised it's not.

From this point forward I'll be rooting for any team that can actually fill 3/4 of their stadium (for a playoff game) :facepalm:

habstfc
10-30-2011, 03:52 PM
1-0 L.A. anyone know who scored?

Alonso
10-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Magee scored, from Keane I believe..

icecoldbeer
10-30-2011, 04:03 PM
1-0 L.A. anyone know who scored?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2011-10-30-new-york-red-bulls-vs-la-galaxy-conference-semifinal-leg-1/stats

habstfc
10-30-2011, 04:06 PM
1-0 L.A. What was that melee at the end all about?

RealG-TFC
10-30-2011, 04:06 PM
cute little brawl at the end

Alonso
10-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah it'll be interesting to see the second leg with the probable suspensions.

I'm thinking Marquez for sure since he threw the ball at a LAG player.

SoccMan
10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Philly/Houston 1-1 middle of 1st half in Philly, a great crowd looks like a sold out stadium in Philly.

NBS
10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah it'll be interesting to see the second leg with the probable suspensions.

I'm thinking Marquez for sure since he threw the ball at a LAG player.

Marquez was an embarrassment there, the simulation even more than the ball throw was nauseating. Fuck I hate that shit.

jloome
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Once again, watching Colorado and the stadium's half empty at kickoff.

Dallas, NY, Colorado...all have embarrassing attendances for playoffs. These games should be sold out.

Makes the arguments against the league winner being the most important title seem a little hollow if these so-called essential playoff games rarely sell out. Better to replace them with a proper league-only cup.

boban
10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Once again, watching Colorado and the stadium's half empty at kickoff.
Any stream(s)?

Yohan
10-30-2011, 06:48 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/89268/1/watch-colorado-rapids-vs-sporting-kansas-city.html

Alonso
10-30-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.justin.tv/beowolf516#/w/1990712384

boban
10-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Thank you.

SoccMan
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm watching the Colorado KC game on TSN2 and it looks like a decent crowd on my TV so maybe the Colorado fans are like TFC fans who show up 20 minutes into the game and then leave 20 minutes before the game ends.

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
LOL, on the replay of the NY-LA post-game, I love the comments by the announcers about the scuffle: "Marquez fell down, I think maybe a fly went into his eye."

Yohan
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
1-0 KC. Traitor with the goal

Alonso
10-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Didn't Tchiani get a yellow in the Columbus home game when he played for us this year for celebrating a goal by jumping into the fans?

Where is Bunbury's yellow for the same?

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Didn't Tchiani get a yellow in the Columbus home game when he played for us this year for celebrating a goal by jumping into the fans?

Where is Bunbury's yellow for the same?

Second yellow for Tchiani, no less...

Alonso
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Marshall with a Red card in the box... lol

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Marshall with a Red card in the box... lol

Toledo has to maintain his stats you know.

Yohan
10-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Tyrone Marshall with red card. Traitor puts in the PK and KC is up 2-0.

Alonso
10-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Second yellow for Tchiani, no less...

Yeah man.

Some effing reffing consistency would be nice.

Yohan
10-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah man.

Some effing reffing consistency would be nice.
i think the refs got told to stop carding people for excessive celebration except removing jersey

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 08:02 PM
KC diving team going for the gold.

Colorado is screwed, had to use up all three subs on injuries (plus a man down due to the red).

Alonso
10-30-2011, 08:14 PM
i think the refs got told to stop carding people for excessive celebration except removing jersey

May be.

But they should have their shit together before the season starts then and call the game consistently.

Alonso
10-30-2011, 08:17 PM
KC diving team going for the gold.

Colorado is screwed, had to use up all three subs on injuries (plus a man down due to the red).

Who was that guy diving for KC? No one even touched him. He went down like he was shot. Then one minute later promptly gets up and runs back on D.

That should be a yellow for diving for sure.

He plays for Honduras, so that says something right their.

Auzzy
10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Did you see that one? KC player decides to lie down, long after Wynne supposedly fouled him. Toledo buys it of course & calls a foul.

Fort York Redcoat
10-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Hate bringing up attendance for every game but man... Even in the game in six they reference "a close to sellout crowd" in Salt Lake- nowhere near.

And the NY game, the biggest game in MLS this year and it was sprinkled with fans here and there. Shame on NY.

mastermixer
10-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Hate bringing up attendance for every game but man... Even in the game in six they reference "a close to sellout crowd" in Salt Lake- nowhere near.

And the NY game, the biggest game in MLS this year and it was sprinkled with fans here and there. Shame on NY.

To their defence, they had a fairly big snowstorm in New York, and of course New Yorkers are know to be a bunch of pansies so you can't expect them to go anywhere do you? :rolleyes:

maninb
10-31-2011, 07:39 AM
To their defence, they had a fairly big snowstorm in New York, and of course New Yorkers are know to be a bunch of pansies so you can't expect them to go anywhere do you? :rolleyes:

And the idiots at MLS think ANOTHER team in NYC will be successful???? ROTFLMAO!!!! What a crock of shite!

London
10-31-2011, 11:44 AM
marquez is all class

its the only vid i can find right now

Zbz0saGg2fs

TFC USA
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM

Well the NY game was going directly against a fucking NFL game so why the MLS scheduled it for 3 PM is beyond me.

PopePouri
10-31-2011, 12:06 PM
marquez is all class

its the only vid i can find right now

Zbz0saGg2fs

Here you go...

http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/771535/mls_2011-10-30-190735.640hq.mp4

Yohan
10-31-2011, 12:33 PM
utterly disgraceful behaviour by Marquez. ban his ass

ag futbol
10-31-2011, 12:35 PM
And the idiots at MLS think ANOTHER team in NYC will be successful???? ROTFLMAO!!!! What a crock of shite!
Let's not re-hash this argument again, but New York is a huge city and if you're on the other side of town, you're not too inclined to care what's happening in jersey.

Even the NFL complains they aren't getting to enough fans on the opposite side of the bridge (and they have two teams).

habstfc
10-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Lots of people predicted seattle would do good but unless they pull off a miracle of their own they are done.

Whoop
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/437427055.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1320105756&Signature=53H6JhTusPYf1L4OKtj1MIz53hg%3D

Yohan
11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Today
Colorado @ Sporting Kansas City 8pm
Real Salt Lake @ Seattle Sounders 10pm

Tomorrow
Philadelphia Union @ Houston Dynamo 830pm
New York Red Bulls @ Los Angeles Galaxy 11pm

Alonso
11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Today
Colorado @ Sporting Kansas City 8pm
Real Salt Lake @ Seattle Sounders 10pm

Tomorrow
Philadelphia Union @ Houston Dynamo 830pm
New York Red Bulls @ Los Angeles Galaxy 11pm

RSL at Seattle is on TSN2 tonight.

I don't get the channel but at least its on the god damn tube tonight. Probably will mean better/more streams to.

GBV
11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
^ Yeah and the MLS site says the Colorado-KC game is on TSN2 also.
It's not though. They have hockey. Boo. What a tease.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www8.livetv.ru/webplayer.php?t=castamp&c=tgersgtthgh&lang=en&eid=93462&lid=8468&ci=64&si=1

Lennon
11-02-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.justin.tv/tucan58#/w/2005686016

Yohan
11-02-2011, 07:37 PM
1-0 KC. 3-0 on aggregate. this is over. awesome crowd at KC though.

prizby
11-02-2011, 08:11 PM
did the mls not say at the beginning of the playoffs that ALL the games would be broadcasted live in Canada

i saw the MLS had no problem throwing up a live stream for USA fans when the Colorado-Shitlombus game was only going to be brodcasted in Colorado...why does Canada get treated like some annoying little sister

rocker
11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
TSN must have had a change of heart, cuz they were saying themselves on TV that they'd have all 4 of these games over these two days.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 08:45 PM
2-0 KC (4-0 aggregate)
Colorado's set piece defending is just as good as TFC's. lol

mowe
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
CJ Sapong scores a great header to make it 2-0 SKC. I'd like to remind everyone that he was on the board for our would-be draft pick that we traded to Vancouver for Nathan Sturgis.

prizby
11-02-2011, 08:50 PM
according to @MLS on twitter, the game is finally available on match day live...too funny

colman1860
11-02-2011, 08:52 PM
CJ Sapong scores a great header to make it 2-0 SKC. I'd like to remind everyone that he was on the board for our would-be draft pick that we traded to Vancouver for Nathan Sturgis.

And Plata was on the board multiple times for every team before we picked him. The draft is too unpredictable, you can't really blame us (and others) for missing on this guy.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 08:59 PM
And Plata was on the board multiple times for every team before we picked him. The draft is too unpredictable, you can't really blame us (and others) for missing on this guy.
i suspect Plata wasn't picked because if I read this correctly, Plata's loan is only one year long.

mowe
11-02-2011, 09:00 PM

I disagree. As long as you do your scouting the top 10 picks of the draft are very likely to get you a contributing player. Many of these players also don't count against the cap.

Plata was an unknown going into the combine with legitimate concerns about his size. He's a very unlikely exception.

My point is that the interim management made a mistake trading away the 8th pick for Nathan Sturgis. It wouldn't have been too hard to pick up a younger player with more upside.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Seattle vs RSL
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/93460_seattle_real_salt_lake/

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/89692/1/watch-seattle-sounders-vs-real-salt-lake.html

habstfc
11-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I can't see seattle overcoming this deficit especially in these rainy conditions. If rsl can get one goal the fat lady has sung.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 09:57 PM
wow. what a diving header save by Tony Beltran

Auzzy
11-02-2011, 09:58 PM
OMFG forget about the whole "save of the year" vote for MLS. Beltran just had an unbelievable save with his head, after Rimando saved an earlier chance & was out of goal.

Auzzy
11-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Seattle can't buy a goal....

Yohan
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Seattle really needed a goal in first half. I think they are too far behind now, esp with two subs used already

GBV
11-02-2011, 10:25 PM
wow. what a diving header save by Tony Beltran

that was amazing.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 10:37 PM
1-0 Seattle. (3-1 RSL on aggregate)
Alonso on PK

Brooker
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I thought the RSL player was the one who got fouled? Don't understand that call.

Brooker
11-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh no.... Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no......

Yohan
11-02-2011, 10:43 PM
3-2 RSL on aggregate as Lamar Neagle pulls another one back.

Great game

Yohan
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I thought the RSL player was the one who got fouled? Don't understand that call.
RSL player was pulling on Seattle player's shirt

boban
11-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Any streams of the LA - NY game?
Edit: oops my bad.. game is tomorrow lol

GBV
11-02-2011, 10:51 PM
RSL player was pulling on Seattle player's shirt

i think, half a second before that, there was a hand ball, too.

Roogsy
11-02-2011, 11:13 PM
5 minutes of extra time, but I am going to call it.

gb7nwoQVkQE

flatpicker
11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, Seattle made a good show of it.

Yohan
11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
ah. too bad for sounders but they ran out of gas around 80th min mark. good game though

Brooker
11-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Good riddance to Seattle.

Thank you, RSL!

Stouffville_RPB
11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Beltran's header was incredible last night.

Seattle tried to force things go much after the 2nd goal. Most of their chances came when they were calm on the ball. Unfortunately for Seattle they just kept trying to throw every ball into the box no matter where they gained possession (even with 30 minutes left to play).

London
11-03-2011, 07:39 AM
good bye to the lamest franchise in mls

mastermixer
11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
good bye to the lamest franchise in mls

I wish TFC played with as much flow and hustle as Seattle. As much as I want to hate them they do have a good thing going on out there.

RSL is definitely my pick to win. Solid team from front to back.

ManUtd4ever
11-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Good riddance to Seattle.

Thank you, RSL!

Based on the Facebook comments posted on the MLS website, I think most fans agree with you, LOL.

TFC USA
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Wouldn't it be cool to make the playoffs next year, win against say....Columbus, and then say we got our first playoff series win before Seattle? :D :D

ensco
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
RSL are a team to admire. They are the perfect mix of style and toughness, and they have quality and depth - all their guys are important. I hope they win it all.

habstfc
11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I think seattle is a classic example of a team bulit for the regular season but not the playoffs. 0 wins in 6 games..

Yohan
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I think seattle is a classic example of a team bulit for the regular season but not the playoffs. 0 wins in 6 games..just what does this mean? and how do you exactly build a team for playoffs?

playoffs always is a bit of crap shoot.

Canary10
11-03-2011, 01:49 PM
I think seattle is a classic example of a team bulit for the regular season but not the playoffs. 0 wins in 6 games..

I think it's just that Seattle isn't as good as they think they are. I watched a game last night of them contantly pumping balls into the box and hoping for the best.

I agree with Ensco. Salt Lake really is a solid team and a model.

Yohan
11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
I think it's just that Seattle isn't as good as they think they are. I watched a game last night of them contantly pumping balls into the box and hoping for the best.

losing three of your creative midfielders limits what you can do. (Rosales, Evans and Fernandez) esp Rosales and Fernandez who are probably best, or somewhere near the top of their position this season

Brooker
11-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Based on the Facebook comments posted on the MLS website, I think most fans agree with you, LOL.

The hate for the hipsters runs deep. :o

ag futbol
11-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Seattle are just too dependent on Rosales to get the job done when he's injured. Nobody's a creative catalyst when he's not in the lineup and Montero won't get the ball enough.

For a team like RSL, at least when Morales is injured they get more support from their wingbacks and wide players like Johnson.

Stouffville_RPB
11-03-2011, 04:42 PM

My opinion is Seattle takes every competition they enter seriously. Problem is that when playoffs come around they are too burnt out.

League matches, US Open Cup (which they continue to dominate), CCL. That is a lot of matches with a limited squad. We go nuts on here deciding what TFC should do. Seattle does it all and succeeds.

MLS squads just aren't allowed to be deep enough to do it all though.

GBV
11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Beltran's header was incredible last night.

Worth watching. Over and over and over. Amazing:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2011-11-02-seattle-sounders-vs-real-salt-lake-conference-semifinal-leg-2/highlights?videoID=20796

habstfc
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM

I think the team they have is unable to turn it up a notch. I agree that they aren't as good as people think. Some picked them to win it all, I never bought in to that. 0 wins in 6 games says it all.

TFC USA
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
How the fuck does one win a game 2-0 and have 0 wins in 6 games?

They have 1 win in 6 games but zero aggregate victories.

Semantics I know but give them some credit.

TFCin110
11-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Anyone have a stream for the Houston Philadelphia game?

spe18
11-03-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.justin.tv/dysreflexx#/w/2011328400

Canary10
11-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Watching the Houston-Union game. Terrible. I just can't believe the TFC team we saw at the end of the season - with all the extra time they'll have to play together in the preseason - won't be beating teams like these next year.

TFCin110
11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Not to mention any new additions Winter brings in to strengthen the squad.

boban
11-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Watching the Houston-Union game. Terrible. I just can't believe the TFC team we saw at the end of the season - with all the extra time they'll have to play together in the preseason - won't be beating teams like these next year.
Let's play the games first.

boban
11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Not to mention any new additions Winter brings in to strengthen the squad.
So will Houston and Philly.

menefreghista
11-03-2011, 08:46 PM

LOL.

You mean the same TFC that could barely tie one of the shittiest teams in the league at home on the final weekend of the regular season?

TFC still has a lot of work to do.

Canary10
11-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Are you watching the game right now? It's terrible football. We should be destroying these kinds of teams. I think we will once we have actual time to play together in a preseason.

menefreghista
11-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Are you watching the game right now? It's terrible football. We should be destroying these kinds of teams. I think we will once we have actual time to play together in a preseason.

Of course TFC should. Considering all the money it spends vs. the rest of the league.

Doesn't mean its there.

ManUtd4ever
11-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Philly's running out of time. I think their goose is cooked.

Canary10
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
LOL.

You mean the same TFC that could barely tie one of the shittiest teams in the league at home on the final weekend of the regular season?

TFC still has a lot of work to do.

Yeah, they were comatose 70% of that game. The other 30% they played with some fluidity and purposeful ball movement. Not like these two teams tonight. What's Houston and Philadelphia's excuses for looking so bad? It's a playoff game.

habstfc
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Looks like carl robinson might be making an appearance for NY tonight. I didn't even know he was still with the team.

Auzzy
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh, this is awesome. Not sure if already reported elsewhere. In addition to the one game suspension after his red card, Marquez is being suspended for two further games. Even if NY makes the MLS Cup final, he won't be playing.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/11/03/mls-suspends-marquez-two-additional-games-ny-la-fray

“After thorough examination of the incident that followed the Oct. 30 game between the New York Red Bulls and the LA Galaxy, the Disciplinary Committee strongly believed Rafa Márquez must be punished above the red card he was issued for throwing the ball after the final whistle because of the following actions: attempting to head butt Adam Cristman, attempting to punch Adam Cristman; striking Cristman, and simulating that he had been struck in the face,” said MLS executive vice president Nelson Rodriguez, who oversees the disciplinary committee.

habstfc
11-03-2011, 09:52 PM
How the fuck does one win a game 2-0 and have 0 wins in 6 games?

They have 1 win in 6 games but zero aggregate victories.

Semantics I know but give them some credit.

Ya you're right. Making the playoffs doesn't mean a whole lot if you never advance.

habstfc
11-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Wow not even close to a sellout even with all that star power.

TFCREDNWHITE
11-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow, the place is half empty!

boban
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow not even close to a sellout even with all that star power.
Marquez is not playing. The Mexicans stayed away haha.

rocker
11-03-2011, 10:08 PM
The couldn't have a full stadium -- the team has a deal with the university campus that they can't have 27000 in the stadium for midweek games. I read that they normally cap the attendance for midweek @ 15,000 but apparently the school let them go with 20000 tonight.

habstfc
11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
The couldn't have a full stadium -- the team has a deal with the university campus that they can't have 27000 in the stadium for midweek games. I read that they normally cap the attendance for midweek @ 15,000 but apparently the school let them go with 20000 tonight.

Even in the lower bowl there are lots of empty seats.

habstfc
11-03-2011, 10:14 PM
This could be interesting.

Yohan
11-03-2011, 10:51 PM
1-1. Mike Magee off a Beckham corner. LA leads 2-1 on aggregate

Auzzy
11-03-2011, 10:55 PM
1-1. Mike Magee off a Beckham corner. LA leads 2-1 on aggregate

Beckham can still whip in those corners, even when injured. Bad defending from NY though.

Is it just me, or did Rost look a bit slow on that goal?

Yohan
11-03-2011, 11:44 PM
2-1 LA. Landycakes scores the PK after a dumb penalty given away by NY. LA is two goals up on aggregate

Dub Narcotic
11-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Caught the second half, thought it was a decent game. Decent crowds make so much of a difference in terms of enjoyment, thinking of this game vs. the Colorado home match from last week.

Yohan
11-04-2011, 12:39 AM
I bet Backe is going to get fired within the week

Yohan
11-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Conference Finals Sunday 6 Nov
Houston @ Sporting KC 530pm
RSL @ LA Galaxy 9pm

ManUtd4ever
11-04-2011, 08:34 AM
RSL @ LA should be a cracker of a match.

JonO
11-04-2011, 10:21 AM
RSL @ LA should be a cracker of a match.Agreed. Hard to predict, but often the final game is a let down and the semi's are better. Odds are this could be the match of the playoffs...

Alonso
11-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Conference Finals Sunday 6 Nov
Houston @ Sporting KC 530pm
RSL @ LA Galaxy 9pm

Looks like I'll be able to stream the Houston vs KC game in HD through MLS Matchday Live. LA vs RSL is blocked though :-( but on TSN 2 apparently.

rocker
11-06-2011, 03:27 PM
hey.. am I going crazy, or did I see TSN2 had the Houston-KC game listed @ 3pm today? now it's 5:30 gametime but no listing on TSN2... or was I getting a different time zone before....

I could have sworn I saw an ad that said TSN2 would have all the playoff games.

prizby
11-06-2011, 04:15 PM
game isn't on...mls treats candians as second class fans

don garber that greedy pig sells tv rights without making it mandatory that the game actually be shown on tv

Alonso
11-06-2011, 05:04 PM
hey.. am I going crazy, or did I see TSN2 had the Houston-KC game listed @ 3pm today? now it's 5:30 gametime but no listing on TSN2... or was I getting a different time zone before....

I could have sworn I saw an ad that said TSN2 would have all the playoff games.

Yes. But they don't.

Alonso
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
game isn't on...mls treats candians as second class fans

don garber that greedy pig sells tv rights without making it mandatory that the game actually be shown on tv

What he said.

MLS can't be taken seriously in Canada if the playoff games aren't even televised!!

This is basic shit. Plus TSN2 is burying the game. Try CBC, people can use rabbit ears (I know its all digital now, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) to watch the game, this is maximum exposure.

Lennon
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Game is not blacked out for once on matchday live for those that have it ..

Auzzy
11-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Game is not blacked out for once on matchday live for those that have it ..

Yeah to that! Unlike some of the other playoff games, which were being broadcast nowhere on TV in Canada, but were still blocked on MatchDay Live. As others mentioned, Canada audience being treated like crap -- nobody can be arsed to remember to remove the block for Canada...

Oh well, at least they got it right once in the whole playoffs. One of the recent games, i think they unblocked the game partway through... :facepalm:

boban
11-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Any streams going around?

boban
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah to that! Unlike some of the other playoff games, which were being broadcast nowhere on TV in Canada, but were still blocked on MatchDay Live. As others mentioned, Canada audience being treated like crap -- nobody can be arsed to remember to remove the block for Canada...

Oh well, at least they got it right once in the whole playoffs. One of the recent games, i think they unblocked the game partway through... :facepalm:
They black it out when TSN or TSN2 broadcast. When they don't it's not blacked out it seems.

Yohan
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Any streams going around?
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/94210_kansas_city_houston/

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/90685/1/watch-sporting-kc-vs-houston-dynamo.html

Auzzy
11-06-2011, 05:39 PM
They black it out when TSN or TSN2 broadcast. When they don't it's not blacked out it seems.

That's the way it's supposed to be. But they blacked out some recent games even though they weren't being broadcast. I contacted the MatchDay Live folks, but received no response. Perhaps enough people complained so that they did something about it.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-06-2011, 05:40 PM
What he said.

MLS can't be taken seriously in Canada if the playoff games aren't even televised!!

This is basic shit. Plus TSN2 is burying the game. Try CBC, people can use rabbit ears (I know its all digital now, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) to watch the game, this is maximum exposure.

except for when its not like when they time delay it for horse jumping or disney movies, although technically it could be broadcast to to the most people in canada doesnt mean it will

boban
11-06-2011, 05:44 PM
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/94210_kansas_city_houston/

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/90685/1/watch-sporting-kc-vs-houston-dynamo.html
Hvala puno.

Yohan
11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
the Cauldron must be rocking. good to see KC doing well. even if they dive too much. lol

Yohan
11-06-2011, 05:49 PM
In case people didn't know, SKC is proof that 4-3-3 can work in MLS

boban
11-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Also proof you don't give up on a market despite their attendance

Yohan
11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Also proof you don't give up on a market despite their attendance
yeah. if this game becomes typical of KC attendance and atmosphere, Toronto is going to get surpassed real fast

boban
11-06-2011, 06:08 PM
yeah. if this game becomes typical of KC attendance and atmosphere, Toronto is going to get surpassed real fast
They are averaging over 17,000 in an 18,500 stadium.
Never before did they pass 15,000/game.

Yohan
11-06-2011, 06:10 PM
lol. 'fuck you ref'. not very subtle, are they

Oldtimer
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Their version is very physical and less technical though.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM
nice to see KC doing so well (as far as attendance is concerned), stadium looks great

Oldtimer
11-06-2011, 06:13 PM
They are averaging over 17,000 in an 18,500 stadium.
Never before did they pass 15,000/game.

Guess a new stadium plus a fake Euro name has worked.

Yohan
11-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Their version is very physical and less technical though.
it's still 4-3-3

Oldtimer
11-06-2011, 06:15 PM
it's still 4-3-3

Agreed. It's just not as beautiful. :scarf:

Yohan
11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
well, big blow to Houston with Davis subbed off injured