PDA

View Full Version : Offseason???? It does not feel like it

trane
10-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Am I the only one, that feels like this will be like a long Christmas break, due to the upcomming game.

My personal countdown is starting. It will be the biggest game ever, followed, by the next biggest game ever.

I trully feel good.

I hope that the turnover is measured and carefull. We do not need a complete overhaul. [ another big change from previous seasons]

Shakes McQueen
10-22-2011, 08:13 PM
It's nice to go into an offseason without feeling like the management need to tear the whole roster apart again.

- Scott

London
10-22-2011, 08:15 PM
i think it is the offseason until an opponent is announced, then season on!!!!

chants to produce, flags to make, tifo's to co-ordinate.

Juanito
10-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Trane, I'm with you. The countdown begins ....

TFC USA
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
It's nice to go into an offseason without feeling like the management need to tear the whole roster apart again.

- Scott

That's because we got our shittiest play out of the way in the first 20 games as opposed to the last 10 like previous seasons.

eustacchio
10-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I approve of this thread, and everything that has been said thus far.

Shakes McQueen
10-22-2011, 10:48 PM
That's because we got our shittiest play out of the way in the first 20 games as opposed to the last 10 like previous seasons.

Sort of. I think it's more WHY that happened. We had a handful of players emerge over the season - Plata, Eckersley, Morgan, Kocic, JDG etc. - and we acquired another handful of players who made an immediate positive impact, like Frings, Koov, and Johnson.

On top of that, even some of our more maligned players, like Harden and Iro, showed improvement by the end of the year - potentially the mark of a positive impression by the coach

If the same group of guys we started the season with just happened to fumble their way to a couple of wins to end the season, I don't think we would be nearly as positive as we are now. This team feels like it's a couple of changes away from being genuinely good.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
10-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Christ, even JDG - a guy who 90% of the fanbase had mostly given up on by the midway point of this season - has had a remarkable turnaround since the transfer window, and earned back a lot of respect from the supporters.

- Scott

TFC USA
10-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Sort of. I think it's more WHY that happened. We had a handful of players emerge over the season - Plata, Eckersley, Morgan, Kocic, JDG etc. - and we acquired another handful of players who made an immediate positive impact, like Frings, Koov, and Johnson.

On top of that, even some of our more maligned players, like Harden and Iro, showed improvement by the end of the year - potentially the mark of a positive impression by the coach

If the same group of guys we started the season with just happened to fumble their way to a couple of wins to end the season, I don't think we would be nearly as positive as we are now. This team feels like it's a couple of changes away from being genuinely good.

- Scott

Agree on everything except Harden and Iro. Those two improved from shit to mediocrity, which should not make up our central defense.

I think we still need Omar Gonzalez-type central defenders to shore up the disasters TFC had through much of the year mostly due to one of those two bozos.

Shakes McQueen
10-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Agree on everything except Harden and Iro. Those two improved from shit to mediocrity, which should not make up our central defense.

I think we still need Omar Gonzalez-type central defenders to shore up the disasters TFC had through much of the year mostly due to one of those two bozos.

I don't really disagree, but improvement is improvement, haha. The "couple of changes" I mentioned, are primarily to the defense.

- Scott

NBS
10-23-2011, 01:31 AM
No new coach.

No anticipation of a frantic roster turnover in the new year.

The BIGGEST GAME EVER (part II) to look forward too instead of ruing what could've been.

What an alien feeling.

Couchy81
10-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Just need to sign some strong central defenders. Morgan on the left, Eckersly on the right. Keep the rest together, it's working.

dupont
10-23-2011, 11:02 AM
TFC looked like a top team in MLS since the DP signings. If we can keep Eckersley and Plata and add a couple defenders, there is no reason we couldn't challenge for the very top next season.

Kaz
10-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Any thoughts on who we want to draw?

Part of my really wants Santos... if only because Montreal couldn't get past them. And I'd like to do so for bragging rights.

But for safety we have a better chance against LA I think... and at least that way we are all in true off season.

Also this is the first time 5 MLS teams made it into the Group stage. (4 US 1 Canadian) And 3 made it to the Semi's (though 2 US teams make it now and again)

And the more interesting if Colorado hadn't screwed the pooch the Semi's would be all MLS and Mexican sides.

I'm thinking in two years you'll see Mexcian sides actually having to field first team rosters to take on MLS sides at home.