PDA

View Full Version : Season's End: The Revs @ TFC Saturday Oct 22, 12:30

Oldtimer
10-19-2011, 03:06 PM
So now with TFC's season drawing to a close, and the end of local pro footy until next March, we dry a tear or two and look forward to next season.

However, there is one more game to play before the season ends, against bottom-feeders and possible wooden spoon winners, the New England Revolution.

So with nothing to play for but pride, and a desire to close out the season on a high note, what do you think Winter's strategy will be?

ManUtd4ever
10-19-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm sure that Winter will dress the best starting lineup in an effort to end the season on a high note. In his post game interview yesterday, he mentioned how important he felt it was for the morale of the team.

Joe Kool
10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I am hoping that they discovered something about themselves and the team on Tuesday and what it takes to dominate. We were first to 90+ % of the balls. Loved it. If they keep on like that for Saturday I think New England may be ending their season on a more sour note not that they needed our help.

Canary10
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, the MLS playoffs are out of reach now. I think he should rest key players for our real goal: advancing in the next round of the Champions League next March.

Auzzy
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
^ Rest players now, for March?

Ah ha ha ha.

Canary10
10-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I should have added winky face to that post. Like ;) .

Auzzy
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the laughs at the end of a happy (but tired) day! ;)

Island Man
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Resting players :D

Want the best possible line up and subs. Lets go out on a win!

Carts
10-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, the MLS playoffs are out of reach now. I think he should rest key players for our real goal: advancing in the next round of the Champions League next March.

Rest players for a game in March...?
If Frings can't get enough rest in 4-months we have bigger problems... :D

Canary10
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I just want to see a fairly packed house and a good ovation from the crowd. They deserve it. Also want a win obviously. I said at the transfer window that 36 points would feel to me like the team had turned a corner and are going in the right direction. A win Saturday puts us to 35, which is close enough for me.

NBS
10-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I am hoping that they discovered something about themselves and the team on Tuesday and what it takes to dominate. We were first to 90+ % of the balls. Loved it. If they keep on like that for Saturday I think New England may be ending their season on a more sour note not that they needed our help.

New England won't be playing its third game in a week, so I expect a better performance from them than we got from Dallas.

Having said that, I fully expect a win from the boys in red.

DavydMT
10-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Saturday will be our last opportunity this year to sing and celebrate in the stands. I know that watching the game should be a propriety, but after emotional roller-coaster i had on Tuesday all i want is to celebrate inside the stadium for 90 minutes.

On Saturday 112/113 will have 50 big flags ready and we will need help waving them. Comedown to the bottom of the stairs to grab a flag or bring your own. Get to the stadium early and celebrate our champions league win for the full 90'

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

London
10-20-2011, 07:32 AM
And come on out to gate 3 after the match and lets keep this season going for a little longer,

we will be having a hopefully huge chant session outside gate 3 after the match.

bring whatever voice you have left and come lose it with your fellow supporters.

IT will be a long COLD winter, so come get everything out of your system, say goodbye to friends, and have a good time doing it!!!!

Brocko
10-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Saturday will be our last opportunity this year to sing and celebrate in the stands. I know that watching the game should be a propriety, but after emotional roller-coaster i had on Tuesday all i want is to celebrate inside the stadium for 90 minutes.

On Saturday 112/113 will have 50 big flags ready and we will need help waving them. Comedown to the bottom of the stairs to grab a flag or bring your own. Get to the stadium early and celebrate our champions league win for the full 90'

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:
Let's Bring the House Down!! Full 90...no voices left...no games to save them for;)

Oldtimer
10-20-2011, 08:01 AM
TFC sent an email saying they plan to honour the squad before the match... so come early!

__wowza
10-20-2011, 08:30 AM
this is one of the three games im glad to say i'll be at this season, got tickets for my birthday, im starting this one up in my section for sure..

que sara sara,
whatever will be will be
we're still in the champions league
que sara sara!!

T-boy
10-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Resting players :D

Want the best possible line up and subs. Lets go out on a win!

I guess we all think that we are rebuilt already, and we don't need to take a proper look at the fringe squad players in a real game. Oh well.

Come on, do we really care about winning this game....I'd SO much prefer to see the Omphroys and Davies play this one. We need to look at next season now, not this season!

smtavare
10-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I will be there, taking my dad for his 69th birthday!

He says he wished he could have watched more games on tv like last year, he only has analog cable and is on his pension - not justifiable to convert to digital cable, buy receivers for every tv and then pay for GolTV!

Fuckin mlse!:picard:

Oldtimer
10-20-2011, 01:41 PM
I will be there, taking my dad for his 69th birthday!

He says he wished he could have watched more games on tv like last year, he only has analog cable and is on his pension - not justifiable to convert to digital cable, buy receivers for every tv and then pay for GolTV!

Fuckin mlse!:picard:

All of the GolTV games are available online on MLS Live for quite a low cost. Of course, your dad would need a computer running XP or later, but he could get that second-hand for under $70.

rocker
10-20-2011, 01:59 PM
wow... how the mighty have fallen... the Revs may end up in the absolute basement.
I haven't kept an eye on New England lately -- what the hell has happened to the team and coach Nicol? They were always near the best, but it seems in the "new era" Nicol has seen a big drop.

Yohan
10-20-2011, 02:04 PM
wow... how the mighty have fallen... the Revs may end up in the absolute basement.
I haven't kept an eye on New England lately -- what the hell has happened to the team and coach Nicol? They were always near the best, but it seems in the "new era" Nicol has seen a big drop.
Revs just couldn't replace their key players with similar quality. a lot of their signings have been shite. losing guys like Dempsey, Parkhurst, esp Twellman really hurt the Revs. though they have a decent core that should be able to do better with a proper off season. I'd love to have Benny Feilhaber at AM for TFC

Auzzy
10-20-2011, 02:08 PM
^ Any chance that the loss of Mariner hurt the Revs in their ability to find good talent?

Yohan
10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
^ Any chance that the loss of Mariner hurt the Revs in their ability to find good talent?
i'd say yes for sure. ffs they signed a DP based upon video scouting

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM

id put good money on that, troubles seem to have started the same time he left

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Many NE supporters have lamented the loss of Paul Mariner, and for good reason.

I believe he has been instrumental in TFC's resurgence since the summer transfer window. I credit Mariner for key acquisitions such as Plata, Eckersley, Johnson, and Avila.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Many NE supporters have lamented the loss of Paul Mariner, and for good reason.

I believe he has been instrumental in TFC's resurgence since the summer transfer window. I credit Mariner for key acquisitions such as Plata, Eckersley, Johnson, and Avila.

yep and prob any future NCAA and/or NA/UK players
Im sure Winter has contacts and sway but for whatever reason i do feel like Mariner is doing quite a bit

Yohan
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
yep and prob any future NCAA and/or NA/UK players
Im sure Winter has contacts and sway but for whatever reason i do feel like Mariner is doing quite a bit
hell, I didn't know TFC inquired after Robbie Keane until Mariner said so few months ago.

__wowza
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
I guess we all think that we are rebuilt already, and we don't need to take a proper look at the fringe squad players in a real game. Oh well.

Come on, do we really care about winning this game....I'd SO much prefer to see the Omphroys and Davies play this one. We need to look at next season now, not this season!

although i somewhat agree, and admit that you do make a good point, i'm steadfast in the belief that that's what the reserve league is for. i'd like to see what a mixture of the Ateam and our reserve squad can do when faced with real league opposition, but you have to admit that this isn't real league opposition. we're playing the last place team in the league and im sure MLSE would much rather leave the fans with a pleasant after-taste this season.

if players aren't scouted as being good in reserve league games, there's no use in starting them in a league game.. and if they're good enough to be in a league game, you can guarantee that they've been used in league play thus far as a starter or sub. thoughts?

spe18
10-21-2011, 04:30 PM
All of the GolTV games are available online on MLS Live for quite a low cost. Of course, your dad would need a computer running XP or later, but he could get that second-hand for under $70.

The problem though is that if he's in the country, then the lives streams are blocked out.

Auzzy
10-21-2011, 04:44 PM
^ All of the TFC games broadcast on GolTV this past season, were also available on MLS MatchDay Live. They were not blocked in Canada or the Toronto area. I watched many of the away games that way. There was a specific note to this effect in the MatchDay Live blackout rules at the beginning of the season (although that web page has been changed in the meantime).

Detroit_TFC
10-22-2011, 05:33 AM
What's the pregame plans now since tailgate was cancelled?

ArmenJBX
10-22-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm in the press room for this one, if anyone wants to ask any of the players a question shoot it my way!

billyfly
10-22-2011, 10:12 AM
WARNING: Any F'ER wearing MTL Canadiens gear to today's soccer match will be chirped by me.

Toronto till I die.

tfcleeds
10-22-2011, 11:07 AM
^Why anyone would wear a Leafs jersey, let alone a Habs jersey, to a TFC game is beyond me.

Huyton
10-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey, Armen...has Eckersley heard from Burnley? Will he be staying?

Similar question for Plata...has he heard from LDU Quito?

TheFallen
10-22-2011, 11:56 AM
so no streams?

billyfly
10-22-2011, 05:13 PM
^Why anyone would wear a Leafs jersey, let alone a Habs jersey, to a TFC game is beyond me.

Tell that to Hab toque wearing guy in 110 or 111 or whatever.