PDA

View Full Version : Where's Preki?

maninb
10-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Anybody know what became of him after he ran us into the ground?

tfcleeds
10-19-2011, 10:58 AM
No idea, but can't say I'm losing too much sleep over not knowing.

Auzzy
10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Last I heard, he was still living in Toronto, as well as Mo Johnston. That was at least half a year ago though, so I'm not sure.

DichioTFC
10-19-2011, 12:47 PM
LOL fuck Preki.

I don't know that Preki "ran us into the ground." Sure he wasn't the best manager, or even a good one, but I think he was a net-positive for the team. Got us Maicon Santos, Adrian Cann, Milos Kocic, Gargan, Harden, LaBrocca and Jacob Peterson. Also, he won the 2010 NCC, but screwed up not playing his best XI against synchronized diving gold medalists Arabe Unido (those two points would have seen us through, as we would have earned 2nd over Cruz Azul). He also openly mentioned his dislike for "Canadian players", and drove DeRo crazy IMO.

Would I want him back? Hell no. But I think he did help, in a small way, to get TFC where they are today.

Brooker
10-19-2011, 12:48 PM
If they're both still in town, I would fucking love to see Preki and Mo go to a game together just to see the reaction.

Shakes McQueen
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I thought Preki took an assistant's job somewhere, didn't he?

- Scott

Yeoman
10-19-2011, 12:50 PM
all i know is that apparently the commentators at the LA derby on the weekend were sad to see preki get fired from chivas after all the good things he did for that team

Oldtimer
10-19-2011, 01:18 PM
all i know is that apparently the commentators at the LA derby on the weekend were sad to see preki get fired from chivas after all the good things he did for that team

That's funny, because when Preki left Chivas, the players threw a party.

Auzzy
10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I thought Preki took an assistant's job somewhere, didn't he?

- Scott

Maybe you mean Preki's assistant while in Toronto, Leo Percovich? He's now the "First Assistant Coach" in Chicago

denime
10-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Preki is in Chicago too,and MO JO is moving to Kansas in December,don't know what position he will have at Sporting.(Maybe Missionary position)

starter
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
That's funny, because when Preki left Chivas, the players threw a party.

Ultimately happiness of [some] players is not yet an indicator of a good manager. Winter, now perceived as good manager, got rid of a number of players, that may not have liked him that much either. IMO Winter & Preki have a lot in common, aside from their pedigree and tactical preferences.

Redcoe15
10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Who knows, who cares.

james
10-20-2011, 02:13 AM
we had so many managers and palyers come and go that its hard to say who fucked the team over the most. Overall i blame the upper people that you have no idea what there names or what they look like because they are behind the scenes but make the decisions, i think they made life a hell for the managers, while managers then made life hell for some players. We must of set a record for most managers/players to come and go over a 5 year period. There is no way any team probably even comes close to us in that department.

ag futbol
10-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Ultimately happiness of [some] players is not yet an indicator of a good manager. Winter, now perceived as good manager, got rid of a number of players, that may not have liked him that much either. IMO Winter & Preki have a lot in common, aside from their pedigree and tactical preferences.
That's taking a very, very, general view of things.

There are specific rumored reasons why people did not like Preki, and it has nothing to do with the types of characteristics people associate with Winter.

ensco
10-20-2011, 08:10 AM
There are specific rumored reasons why people did not like Preki.

It'll be interesting to see if Preki gets another good job. I doubt it.

I always thought Mo would, I'm not surprised he's going to KC, and in the fullness of time I believe Mo will be seen differently around here.

Oldtimer
10-20-2011, 08:37 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Preki gets another good job. I doubt it.

I always thought Mo would, I'm not surprised he's going to KC, and in the fullness of time I believe Mo will be seen differently around here.

Preki could get a job at the NCAA college level where it will still work. His type of play worked in MLS in it's day, but no longer works in the modern MLS. That being said, if he had stuck around one more year, the team would probably have improved over his first year.

Winter and Preki have in common is the "team first" mentality. Both want players who work hard. Tactically, they couldn't be more different, though, and Preki's personality and ways of dealing with people meant that he never had the confidence of the ML$E brass, there is no way he could have succeeded long-term, especially with his buddy and protector gone from the F.O.

The hate level may go down with respect of Mo, but I doubt that he will be seen totally differently. People may start to partially excuse his failures, however the fact that he failed will never go away from his c.v. Also, if some of the allegedly secret stuff ever gets told, his disgrace in Toronto will be complete. I doubt that will happen, though.

ensco
10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Also, if some of the allegedly secret stuff ever gets told, his disgrace in Toronto will be complete. I doubt that will happen, though.

Something tells me that's more true for Preki than for Mo.

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2011, 08:45 AM
I always liked MoJo. He may have been out of his element, but he also did some good things for this franchise. He brought in many talented players, but there never seemed to be the right mix at the right time. If it wasn't for his lack of a long term vision, I think TFC might have been successful during his tenure.

Mango Kid
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
It is my hypothesis that Preki is running the Greek economy.

Canary10
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Is anyone going to dish on what all these rumours and "secret stuff" is all about? I always looked at Preki as the guy who couldn't inspire the team and the city with his vision of stiffling, 10 men behind the ball, long throw, kick and run football, but if there's more to the story I'd like to hear it!

ginkster88
10-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Yes lets flood the boards with baseless personal accusations!

Come on...

maninb
10-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Preki got rid of ANY player who had strong leadership abilities...like Robinson, Dicchio, and most of all Sam Cronin, who many said should have been our future Captain...Preki saw such players as a threat....

Canary10
10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes lets flood the boards with baseless personal accusations!

Come on...

Yeah, that's the spirit!!

Canary10
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Preki got rid of ANY player who had strong leadership abilities...like Robinson, Dicchio, and most of all Sam Cronin, who many said should have been our future Captain...Preki saw such players as a threat....

Oh. That's kind of boring. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a John Terry-Wayne Bridge kind of thing.

ginkster88
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM

LOL fuck Preki.

I don't know that Preki "ran us into the ground." Sure he wasn't the best manager, or even a good one, but I think he was a net-positive for the team. Got us Maicon Santos, Adrian Cann, Milos Kocic, Gargan, Harden, LaBrocca and Jacob Peterson. Also, he won the 2010 NCC, but screwed up not playing his best XI against synchronized diving gold medalists Arabe Unido (those two points would have seen us through, as we would have earned 2nd over Cruz Azul). He also openly mentioned his dislike for "Canadian players", and drove DeRo crazy IMO.

Would I want him back? Hell no. But I think he did help, in a small way, to get TFC where they are today.

@DichioTFC

How did Preki help?

By assembling a frankenstein roster of Eastern European cast-offs?

By forcing out four potential captains? (Don't forget Jimmy B who mysteriously became expendable after Preki's first match).

Five of the seven "net positive" players you say he brought in are no longer with the team.

The new FO spent the first half of the season undoing the havoc that Preki and Mo wreaked on the roster. I believe that we were so terrible the first half simply because Mariner and Winter needed to see where the club was at before making big moves... and then they made those moves and I'd say they're paying off so far.

Preki was a disaster. He won't get another job.

Blizzard
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
LOL fuck Preki.

I can't help but wonder, if we'd actually made it to the next round of last year's CCL, would Preki still be here? It's a scary thought.

I wouldn't give Preki all the credit for those guys. He didn't know Cann from a whole in the ground. He may have wanted the names mentioned but Johnston was the one who had to acquire them (to keep his new coach happy).

ag futbol
10-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I think Preki probably could have stuck around and succeeded here. But it wasn't going to be done in a fashion that made anybody happy. MLS isn't the most skilled league, if you're playing terrible football in a league that's under-talented, the product is near un-watchable.

Johnston I would struggle do describe as anything but an unmitigated disaster that for some reason was allowed to continue for years on end (probably due to the cult of personality and upper brass with no soccer knowledge). The amount of excuses and bs coming out of the F.O. was disgusting and the number of people who said promises were broken were pervasive. Why on earth would anyone admire anything about that?

Azerban
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I always liked MoJo. He may have been out of his element, but he also did some good things for this franchise. He brought in many talented players, but there never seemed to be the right mix at the right time. If it wasn't for his lack of a long term vision, I think TFC might have been successful during his tenure.

holy fuck. what.

one of my greatest regrets in life is not having mojo back his fucking words up and have a swing at me during the mls cup, getting him done for felony assault and having him kicked out of canada forever. i'd rather paul bernardo manage the club than that slimy, worthless lying piece of shit. it's taken 5 years to get back to zero because of that guy, and it was solely his "lack of long term vision"?
the guy couldn't manage his pants-belt situation, much less a professional soccer team.

christ.

i mean, i'm still not completely on the winter bandwagon, but tearing that fucking mandrake root out of this club and replacing them with people who have even the slightest idea what's going on was the second decent thing the FO has ever done.

ginkster88
10-20-2011, 12:50 PM
i mean, i'm still not completely on the winter bandwagon, but tearing that fucking mandrake root out of this club and replacing them with people who have even the slightest idea what's going on was the second decent thing the FO has ever done.

What was the first?

__wowza
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Oh. That's kind of boring. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a John Terry-Wayne Bridge kind of thing.

after the world cup, my "hurry up before john terry fucks your wife!" jokes have been losing steam for delays during the game.

DichioTFC
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM
@DichioTFC

How did Preki help?

I didn't say Preki was our Sir Alex Ferguson, I said he helped in a small way to get us to where we are, meaning his result on our team was a net-positive as opposed to the OP who said that he had run our team into the ground.

By assembling a frankenstein roster of Eastern European cast-offs?

By forcing out four potential captains? (Don't forget Jimmy B who mysteriously became expendable after Preki's first match).

Five of the seven "net positive" players you say he brought in are no longer with the team.

The new FO spent the first half of the season undoing the havoc that Preki and Mo wreaked on the roster. I believe that we were so terrible the first half simply because Mariner and Winter needed to see where the club was at before making big moves... and then they made those moves and I'd say they're paying off so far.

I'm not defending everything Preki did, particularly with Uselessnov and AlphaSoup (which I never brought up). Personally, I didn't agree with letting the captains go, but it was more of a cost-effective move than anything else so I can understand the justification. At the time we had little salary cap space and Preki fixed that. I think the European cast-offs had salaries collectively of $500K, which is a lot of space.

And about those players, you're right, most are not with the team, but the players themselves are not what I meant by "net-positive", the consequential moves by Winter & Co. were the net positive. Mariner gets more credit for this than Preki, and rightfully so, but Preki got the assets here in the first place. If the club had been run into the ground, as - and I repeat - was the original point, there would be no tradeable assets.

Each player I mentioned was an asset - they were traded for something better.

Maicon Santos -> Eric Avila
Dan Gargan -> Dasan Robinson -> Kyle Davies
Nick LaBrocca -> Alan Gordon (+ Jacob Peterson) -> Ryan Johnson

Adrian Cann, Milos Kocic, Ty Harden are all still with the club. And while they're not great players, they are starters on our team right now for what its worth.

Point being, Mariner didn't have to "undo the havoc" of these players being on the team, he made the best of the situation. But without Preki, we wouldn't have had the assets in place to land Eric Avila, Ryan Johnson and Kyle Davies. Also, under his leadership, we won the 2010 NCC. To me, this is a net-positive for the team.

DichioTFC
10-20-2011, 01:59 PM
after the world cup, my jokes have been losing steam.

/Fixed :D

Oldtimer
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
holy fuck. what.

one of my greatest regrets in life is not having mojo back his fucking words up and have a swing at me during the mls cup, getting him done for felony assault and having him kicked out of canada forever. i'd rather paul bernardo manage the club than that slimy, worthless lying piece of shit. it's taken 5 years to get back to zero because of that guy, and it was solely his "lack of long term vision"?

Tell us how you really feel about Mo, Azerban. Stop with the subtle hinting! :lol:

Oldtimer
10-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I didn't say Preki was our Sir Alex Ferguson, I said he helped in a small way to get us to where we are, meaning his result on our team was a net-positive as opposed to the OP who said that he had run our team into the ground.

He also traded away Cronin (who Winter would have loved to have) for nothing, and ditto with Robbo.

It's a stretch to say he was a net positive over 1 year. If he had had a second year, we might have ground our way into the playoffs, (but not into contention).

Yeah, the cap situation was Mo's failure, not Preki's, but the Euro trash Preki brought in was remarkably bad, and dumping good players hurt the club.

The only real positive is that he started dealing with the dressing room issues.

Section 117
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Preki is in a van down by the river....

Kick backs... That's Preki's thing.

ensco
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM
He also traded away Cronin (who Winter would have loved to have)

Why would you assume this? Winter ran everyone off. He clearly, especially, had a problem early on with non-European players. I don't see that "style of play" played much of a role in the Winter purge.

Canary10
10-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Why would you assume this? Winter ran everyone off. He clearly, especially, had a problem early on with non-European players. I don't see that "style of play" played much of a role in the Winter purge.

At the town hall I attended, Winter made a joke about how he would look at players on other MLS teams who he felt would be a great fit with TFC, only to be told by someone that they used to be with TFC. He shook his head and just laughed. Cronin came up in that context.

Canary10
10-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Not sure where you get the idea that he doesn't like non-European players. If anything, it's older, non-Canadian players!

ensco
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
At the town hall I attended, Winter made a joke about how he would look at players on other MLS teams who he felt would be a great fit with TFC, only to be told by someone that they used to be with TFC. He shook his head and just laughed. Cronin came up in that context.

If Winter specifically said that, that's different.

So who else? I'd bet he would have loved Marvell....

Canary10
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
That was the only one I really heard. Every head in the place nodded when he made that joke though!

Detroit_TFC
10-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I have no ill will towards Preki but he was part of the fucked up inside deal Mo was tied up in, so in hindsight best that both he and Mo got the axe. If Mo lands at SKC I hope somebody on the inside at MLSE sends them a folder clueing them into what exactly happened.

Yohan
10-20-2011, 03:06 PM
If Winter specifically said that, that's different.

So who else? I'd bet he would have loved Marvell....
he'd lose his shit when Wynne fucks up, but love him when Wynne races back to make a last ditch tackle lol

ensco
10-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Not sure where you get the idea that he doesn't like non-European players. If anything, it's older, non-Canadian players!

That's not the way it was. Winter publicly said several times that MLS players don't understand the basics.

Specifically, beyond Dero and Cann, Winter didn't like Nana or Gala. Based on their actions after leaving, I say it's pretty certain you could say the same for Gordon, Peterson and Gargan.

RedRum
10-20-2011, 03:26 PM

I talked to a buddy of mine about kickbacks who is a former pro and played in north america, africa, the middle east, and europe. he told me that it's the norm and not the exception.

Canary10
10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
My point really was that Winter's really tried to promote young Canadian players as much as possible (i.e. Morgan, Henry, Stinson).

What he's consistently said is that he gave everyone a chance to show that the could play the kind of football he wants the team to play. When they couldn't or wouldn't, he moved them because they weren't going to fit. Simple as that.

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2011, 03:34 PM
My point really was that Winter's really tried to promote young Canadian players as much as possible (i.e. Morgan, Henry, Stinson).

What he's consistently said is that he gave everyone a chance to show that the could play the kind of football he wants the team to play. When they couldn't or wouldn't, he moved them because they weren't going to fit. Simple as that.

I agree. If one considers the demographic make up of our current roster, it is clear that Winter has no preconcieved bias in selecting his players.

jloome
10-20-2011, 05:04 PM
holy fuck. what.

the guy couldn't manage his pants-belt situation, much less a professional soccer team.

christ.

Gotta agree. Damaged goods, that guy. Should've listened to Celtic fans.

tovan
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM

:smilielol5:

Roogsy
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM

*touches nose*

Roogsy
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo

fBVhfdduwfo

ensco
10-21-2011, 04:08 PM
*touches nose*

I don't understand why no journalist has ever gone after this story. "Paying" Mista almost $2 million pro rated, when you look at what Koevermans and Frings cost...

lobo
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
That's not the way it was. Winter publicly said several times that MLS players don't understand the basics.

Specifically, beyond Dero and Cann, Winter didn't like Nana or Gala. Based on their actions after leaving, I say it's pretty certain you could say the same for Gordon, Peterson and Gargan.

gordon in that group? i don't recall hearing gordon saying or doing anything backhanded after he left ... he's a class act, wish he was still here

menefreghista
10-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't understand why no journalist has ever gone after this story. "Paying" Mista almost $2 million pro rated, when you look at what Koevermans and Frings cost...

I'm guessing partly because most journalists covering the team don't have a soccer background. We rarely get hard hitting journalism from the North American soccer media to begin with.

This would have been a major scandal if it were in England.

J .
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
TFC under Preki was better than TFC under Winter in MLS. Winter also was given the trigger to pull in two DP's and allowed to make the player personnel moves he wanted.

Apples and Oranges and aside from the CCL quarters, Winters MLS season has been disastrous. Its been shitty with a chance of glory all year.

Auzzy
10-21-2011, 09:48 PM
^ Ah ha ha that's funny.

What's apples & oranges is the first half & second half of this season. Which are you comparing with?

Preki was also allowed to make the player personnel moves he wanted to make, with the exception of ditching DeRo (which he also wanted to do at the beginning of his season). One problem was, many of Preki's personnel moves made the team worse.

manic.street.preacher
10-21-2011, 10:17 PM
gordon in that group? i don't recall hearing gordon saying or doing anything backhanded after he left ... he's a class act, wish he was still here
^weeeeell, it might have been just sour grapes, but that match when Gordon was standing in front of the Bastards, i was talking with someone and jokingly said something like 'i'm taking credit for our current dutch inspiration' and Gordon turned around, looking very unimpressed, and said 'are you sure that you want to take credit for that?' ... not terribly backhanded, but not really necessary either ... plus there was that whole supposed 'canadian healthcare held me back', but i dunno if there was anything to that

Roogsy
10-21-2011, 10:18 PM
One problem was, many of Preki's personnel moves made the team worse.

As did Winters. The only area where the new management did a better job was in the selection of DPs. Most don't want to admit it but without those DPs we have a Vancouver type year from beginning to end.

Alonso
10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
As did Winters. The only area where the new management did a better job was in the selection of DPs. Most don't want to admit it but without those DPs we have a Vancouver type year from beginning to end.

So players that were selected by winter/mariner like Plata, Eckersley, Soolsma, Johnson, Avila have nothing to do with the turn of fortune TFC has had in the second half of this season?

To say its all because of Frings and Koevermans is not accurate, and to say that the DP's are the only good selection these guys made is even more inaccurate.

I think Winter and co. have done a better job in selecting players then Preki and co. by a landslide.

ensco
10-22-2011, 08:06 AM
So players that were selected by winter/mariner like Plata, Eckersley, Soolsma, Johnson, Avila have nothing to do with the turn of fortune TFC has had in the second half of this season?

To say its all because of Frings and Koevermans is not accurate, and to say that the DP's are the only good selection these guys made is even more inaccurate.

I think Winter and co. have done a better job in selecting players then Preki and co. by a landslide.

I think to call it a "turn of fortune in the second half of the season" is not a complete picture. It's only in comparison to the unbelievably putrid first half we had, that this statement could be true, even then I'd disagree.

We won at Columbus and tied a couple of good teams, but we still had a bunch of ugly road games (Chivas, Chicago, KC) and didn't go on any kind of run or anything. We're going to finish 16th out of 18 teams.

I think the jury's out for me personally, but I can't help but think that the CCL success is not just important in itself (ie we finally won an important game in a tough spot), but it gives an offseason focus we've never had.

We've never been ready to start the season. No excuses now.

Heart of Stone
10-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Mo was at Centennial Park on Thursday... very ruddy face...

Beach_Red
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I have no ill will towards Preki but he was part of the fucked up inside deal Mo was tied up in, so in hindsight best that both he and Mo got the axe. If Mo lands at SKC I hope somebody on the inside at MLSE sends them a folder clueing them into what exactly happened.

It's unlikely MLSE would want anyone to see how they handled this franchise from the beginning.

Auzzy
10-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Preki was also allowed to make the player personnel moves he wanted to make, with the exception of ditching DeRo (which he also wanted to do at the beginning of his season). One problem was, many of Preki's personnel moves made the team worse.

I definitely don't agree that many of Winter's/Mariner's personnel moves made the team worse, or that they only did better with their selection of DPs. Guys like Avila, Dunfield, Ecks, Johnson, Marosevic, Plata, and Soolsma, are solid contributors (in addition to Frings & Koevermans). And if the two new DPs helped a great deal in key areas -- that's not a given, DPs on many teams have not met expectations. (It's actually a huge achievement to have 3 DPs playing well right now.)

Anyway, it's not just the two new DPs that helped. Many pieces of the puzzle are fitting together better, and the team has played more like a team, more often, towards the end of the season. The players listed above have stepped up their play, as have other guys like JDG, Harden, Morgan, Stinson, and even Henry (especially in the last game vs Dallas). In many of the late games, we've seen better passing & better movement than... possibly ever on this team.

"Vancouver-type" year w/o the two new DPs? W/o looking at detailed stats, TFC was probably worse than Vancouver in the beginning of the season, and better than Vancouver towards the end. And what does that comparison even mean? Vancouver would also have been worse w/o Hassli, and better if they had managed to find 3 good & productive DPs.

I'm certainly not planning a parade yet -- I just have the feeling that things are looking more positive lately, in many areas.

denime
10-22-2011, 11:16 PM

Maybe you are right,however one thing they all have in common all of them wanted to get rid off DeRO ASAP.Preki failed,Winter succeeded.

PopePouri
10-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Maybe you are right,however one thing they all have in common all of them wanted to get rid off DeRO ASAP.Preki failed,Winter succeeded.

Thank god for that. Now we have Frings and Koevermans and we can build for next year.

Roogsy
10-23-2011, 03:21 AM

I see your lack of adherence to the facts continues to be practiced in full effect. Preki was the only one that wanted DeRo out. Winter did not. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good lie.

Roogsy
10-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Thank god for that. Now we have Frings and Koevermans and we can build for next year.

Another great mistruth. Getting rid of DeRo was not necessary to acquire the two new DPs. But getting rid of JDG would have given us tons more room to acquire a decent CB on top of the DPs. Something most people won't even mention because deep down inside the know it would have been a better option. TFC picked wrong. And our year reflects that. I firmly believe playoffs were within reach but we decided to kill any possibility by dumping the only offense this team had in 2 years. Had we not picked up the 2 DPs, our goal diff this year would have been into the stratusphere, quite possibly the worst ever for a single season in MLS.

Oh and if we'd done that, we'd still have CCL and probably would not have had to luck our way into a berth. But I guess no playoffs and falling ass-backwards into the CCL is better.

Couchy81
10-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Another great mistruth. Getting rid of DeRo was not necessary to acquire the two new DPs.

This is true.

But getting rid of JDG would have given us tons more room to acquire a decent CB on top of the DPs. Something most people won't even mention because deep down inside the know it would have been a better option. TFC picked wrong.

This not entirely true. The only reason we've been heavily looking for a CB is due to simultaneous injuries to Cann and Williams during the Gold Cup this summer. How would we have been able to shop JDG and his contract off to ANYONE in the middle of the season on short notice? I'm sure management just wanted to play him out of his contract.

Also it's a shame Viator and IRO were busts.

Beach_Red
10-23-2011, 11:09 AM

Does Klinsmann and the money paid to him get any credit for this?

Oldtimer
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Does Klinsmann and the money paid to him get any credit for this?

Frings came here because of Klinsmann. Koevs came here because of Winter, but of course Klinsmann recommended Winter.

ML$E deserve credit for realizing that their suits are too ignorant of football to properly run a team and therefor the need to hire a consultant. They also deserve credit for spending our money on said consultant instead of flushing it down the toilet like they did with Mo.