PDA

View Full Version : How many supporters will be making the trip for our BIGGEST GAME EVER ?

Lennon
10-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll be there.
How many should I expect to see alongside me ..?
This is probly being talked about in the members forum but I can't get in there ..

Anybody know what section they have reserved for us? I hope it's not in the upper level ..

:flare:

prizby
10-16-2011, 11:02 PM
I'll be there.
This is probly being talked about in the members forum but I can't get in there ..

Anybody know what section they have reserved for us? I hope it's not in the upper level ..

you could become a member

DavydMT
10-16-2011, 11:52 PM

you could answer the question and be helpful

DavydMT
10-16-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll be there.

there is no official trip planned to Dallas and from what i read around the forum, you are looking at a very small group traveling to Dallas from Toronto, probably around 10 people. Calling Dallas FO directly should answer your questions.

Detroit_TFC
10-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I looked into airfares, it was just too expensive for me. Usually Dallas is a cheap flight, Southwest main hub. Air travel is a mess right now.

Brooker
10-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Did you call their box office? They might know.

With a response like that, I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't want to join. :o

BFin
10-17-2011, 09:03 AM

Well done. :hurray:

dmacd
10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
I'll be there with 2 others. I called the box office. They're expecting less than 500 people to the game so they haven't designated an away supporters section (and don't seem to be worried about it). I'm sure the few of us wearing red will find each other easily and stake out a good spot.

Redcoe15
10-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I'll be there with 2 others. I called the box office. They're expecting less than 500 people to the game so they haven't designated an away supporters section (and don't seem to be worried about it). I'm sure the few of us wearing red will find each other easily and stake out a good spot.
:facepalm:

Couchy81
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
They're expecting less than 500 people to the game so they haven't designated an away supporters section (and don't seem to be worried about it).

That's sad considering the Rangers first World Series game isn't until Wednesday

Red Rat
10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
I find it hard to believe that they are expecting less than 500 people

Oldtimer
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM

I don't.

Dallas has had attendance problems for years.

Detroit_TFC
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Why would they even fucking bother opening PHP for the game if that's all they expect. Might as well do it on the training pitch.

TFC Cityboy
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM

PMSL- That's about what we had at 10.30 AM in TO!!! :facepalm:

Puts our CCL attendances in perspective eh...

Dunkers
10-17-2011, 01:41 PM

When I first read this, I thought they meant less then 500 toronto supporters...but are they really speaking TOTAL attendance?

TFC Cityboy
10-17-2011, 01:46 PM
When I first read this, I thought they meant less then 500 toronto supporters...but are they really speaking TOTAL attendance?
having watched our last away game there when there was dreadful weather, I assume they mean total attendance. Can't see 500 TFC supporters making the trip.

billyfly
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
It would be cheaper to give the guys going some money to take guys off the street, dress them up in TFC gear and ask them to stand in for us.

mowe
10-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I watched their last game against Vancouver and they had a pretty good crowd. They had people in every section, probably around 15k total. I guess they don't care about CCL with playoffs to look forward to. Whereas we cling to CCL because it's our only source of optimism.

Brocko
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't...there is very little interest from MLS Clubs and FANS in the CCL games. Colorado didnt even send there fucking COACH to Mexico a few weeks back. Only Seattle has had any sort of attendance for CCL games...Seattle Supporters GET IT! Look at BMO for CCL game...maybe 5K at the last game..it is very sad...but it is, what it is!

Rudi
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Seattle had 10,017 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1182272) and 10,163 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1184685) at their two CCL group stages matches so far this year.

That's pretty comparable to the two non-morning games at BMO this season (10,132 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1184683) and 9,115 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1184691)).

The numbers from both teams for last season's CCL group stage are also pretty similar, apart from Seattle's game vs. Monterrey in which more than 50% of the crowd was Mexican.

Back to the previous point: FC Dallas getting only 500 people to tomorrow's match would represent a massive drop from the crowds they drew to their other two games in the group stage. They got roughly 3,000 and 5,000 in those matches - small crowds for sure, but much larger than 500. I'd hope that they'd at least pull in something similar to their earlier games for a do-or-die contest.

Carts
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Maybe the guy on the phone was being sarcastic...

As Rudi said there have been 3,000 - 5,000 people at the last two games - in a 20,000 seat stadium that's nothing...

A discouraged ticket rep, knowing the stadium will be 75%-80% empty might just have dropped "...there's only gonna be 500 people..." as just basically saying the stadium will be empty...

Red Rat
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
or maybe the guy on the phone was noting the number of TFC supporters.

Thank you Rudi for those numbers

jloome
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Seattle had 10,017 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1182272) and 10,163 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1184685) at their two CCL group stages matches so far this year.

That's pretty comparable to the two non-morning games at BMO this season (10,132 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1184683) and 9,115 (http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1184691)).

The numbers from both teams for last season's CCL group stage are also pretty similar, apart from Seattle's game vs. Monterrey in which more than 50% of the crowd was Mexican.

Back to the previous point: FC Dallas getting only 500 people to tomorrow's match would represent a massive drop from the crowds they drew to their other two games in the group stage. They got roughly 3,000 and 5,000 in those matches - small crowds for sure, but much larger than 500. I'd hope that they'd at least pull in something similar to their earlier games for a do-or-die contest.

Attendance. Maybe he was talking about tickets sold, as MLS is a league with a long history of quoting tickets distributed, as opposed to either sold or attended.

So they might have handed out/sold 3,000 but only had 500 at the game.

AL-MO
10-17-2011, 05:58 PM

LAWL !

10-17-2011, 06:58 PM
I'll be there with a buddy. We leave at 6am tomorrow. On points. I figured since the entire stadium was GA for CCL, we'd just be able to find each other at the PHP. See you there!!!