PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Oct.10

denime
10-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Happy Thanksgiving,

No TFC News Today,

This one is not exactly MLS news but better than nothing.

Final Euro qualifiers promise rare drama (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/final-euro-qualifiers-promise-rare-drama/article2196345/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshine-girl)

_

sidvan
10-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving All!!

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Do or die for Serbia

Come on white eagles!

[NBF]
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM
I think one of the shockers in any of the groups in Euro 2012 Qualifying, is in Group C, where Italy is at the top of the group and the shocker of all shockers, Estonia is in 2nd place, with Serbia, Slovania in 3rd and 4th.N.Ireland and Faroe Islands make the rest of the group.

SSG: Shes hot. Fake titties and all its all good. Kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst.

denime
10-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Real shocker is that Bosnia can(will) advance to Euro ahead of France,it was suppose to be a easy walk trough for France but now they have more to lose in this last game than Bosnia.Pressure is on France and even though they are playing at home it wont be easy,15000 Bosnia fans are expected at the game.

Denamark-Portugal is another one interesting one.

Yohan
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
I hope France wins so that Begovic doesn't get to play in Euro2012. though a lot of exciting players in Bosnia squad. probably as good as it will get for them in a long time

Oldtimer
Some MLS news:

Panasonic Announces Multi-Year Sponsorships of U.S. Soccer and Major League Soccer

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/panasonic-announces-multi-year-sponsorships-of-us-soccer-and-major-league-soccer-2011-10-10

scooter
mornin d

happy thanksgiving all

Yohan
10-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Some MLS news:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/panasonic-announces-multi-year-sponsorships-of-us-soccer-and-major-league-soccer-2011-10-10
no word on how much?

Oldtimer
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
no word on how much?

No, all we have is the press release on several different sites. Given that they are sponsoring both MLS and the USNT, their spending on this is likely quite significant. They are already an MLS sponsor, but this extends it, likely for a higher amount.

Now if the CSA could get on board these deals, that would be something, but it will require them getting someone good on board to get those deals.

Yohan
10-10-2011, 10:43 AM
No, all we have is the press release on several different sites. Given that they are sponsoring both MLS and the USNT, their spending on this is likely quite significant. They are already an MLS sponsor, but this extends it, likely for a higher amount.

Now if the CSA could get on board these deals, that would be something, but it will require them getting someone good on board to get those deals.
CSA should really try to ride the coat tails of USSF on sponsorship deals and stuff

Yohan
10-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Brek Shea linked to Liverpool and Man City

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2011/10/10/2705002/representative-liverpool-and-manchester-city-linked-starlet-brek-

Also apparently had a bid from Schalke turned down. Though his agent is Barry MacLean...

[NBF]
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
By Yohan

CSA should really try to ride the coat tails of USSF on sponsorship deals and stuff

I dont think anything is in line to happen for Canada until they restructure which from what I recall was 4 years away in 2015?

Canadian companies should actually be investing in the Canadian program. Its national sponsorship, but also very low cost international marketing potential. Maybe "Roots" or Canadian Tire or even Shaw Comm.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 11:59 AM
;1389394']I think one of the shockers in any of the groups in Euro 2012 Qualifying, is in Group C, where Italy is at the top of the group and the shocker of all shockers, Estonia is in 2nd place, with Serbia, Slovania in 3rd and 4th.N.Ireland and Faroe Islands make the rest of the group.

SSG: Shes hot. Fake titties and all its all good. Kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst.

One of the bull*hit rulings earlier in the campaign is that serbia got penalized in their away match(in italy) for a problem that arose between the italian and serbian supporters. UEFA gave italy an automatic 3-nil victory....what's even more unheard of is that this penalty was given to the Away team, when in the rules it states that safety and security are the responsiblity of the HOME team! UEFA cost Serbia 3pts!

Yohan
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
One of the bull*hit rulings earlier in the campaign is that serbia got penalized in their away match(in italy) for a problem that arose between the italian and serbian supporters. UEFA gave italy an automatic 3-nil victory....what's even more unheard of is that this penalty was given to the Away team, when in the rules it states that safety and security are the responsiblity of the HOME team! UEFA cost Serbia 3pts!
blame the serbian hooligans for being morons

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah they were *moron-ing* just by themselves....no one else was involved right?? Come on, you know as well as anybody that it takes two to tango....

prizby
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
pretty sure the situation was from flares being tossed onto the field...the only flares were coming from the serb supporters...the serb fans wouldn't even listen to their own players to calm down...they even attacked one of their own players on the team bus...pretty sure that's not italy's fault...doesn't matter, they'd have lost anywaz, maybe not 3-0

TFCRegina
10-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah they were *moron-ing* just by themselves....no one else was involved right?? Come on, you know as well as anybody that it takes two to tango....

Threatening the lives of their own players and throwing flares on the pitch is definitely the Serbian hooligans fault.

werewolf
10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I hope France wins so that Begovic doesn't get to play in Euro2012. though a lot of exciting players in Bosnia squad. probably as good as it will get for them in a long time

I prefer that they miss out on the World Cup. Nothing against Bosnians here, but I will be cheering for everyone they play in WCQ.

Detroit_TFC
10-10-2011, 02:10 PM

Per SBJ, Panasonic was a USNT sponsor, dropped in 2008 and now are back, mainly to due to the big response to the USWNT and WWC11 (yes that is what they said, so this is a good example of how a good run in the [W]WC = $). The MLS deal was changed slightly. They are a national sponsor but not a local one (eg teams can set up their own local electronics sponsorships). SUM thinks that Panasonic will have specific local deals with the teams that use their electronic field signage equipment. Total deal estimated in low 7 figures, so not super huge but big as they go. Every national sponsorship deal signed or renewed makes it easier to get some others.

sashavukelich
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Threatening the lives of their own players and throwing flares on the pitch is definitely the Serbian hooligans fault.

I"m serbian and i endorse this message. Time to grow up Serbia.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Oh wow, how quick to forget when "us" TFC fans were throwing flares onto the columbus pitch!!

Whaaa-...cry babies....

Yohan
10-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh wow, how quick to forget when "us" TFC fans were throwing flares onto the columbus pitch!!

Whaaa-...cry babies....
I'm sorry. when did anyone say it was cool to throw flares on the pitch? I dare you to find one post that condones throwing flares on the pitch from this board

TFC_905
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Plus the burning of an Albanian flag.... not cool.

Whaaa-...cry babies....

Chevy
10-10-2011, 08:12 PM
blame the serbian hooligans for being morons

+1. Saw the 'game'. Well deserved punishment.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry. when did anyone say it was cool to throw flares on the pitch? I dare you to find one post that condones throwing flares on the pitch from this board

I dunno, I thought you would think it's cool, considering your Dichio is breathing fire! *rawr*

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 10:45 PM
+1. Saw the 'game'. Well deserved punishment.

Chevy, you're italian aren't you?

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Plus the burning of an Albanian flag.... not cool.

That was the italian fascist sect "sepre modina 666" my cousin lives in Bari and he was at the game, he knows some of the italians that formed the sect....he says they are crazy.

werewolf
10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
I dunno,

Then don't make claims.

TFC1154ever
10-10-2011, 11:44 PM
That was the italian fascist sect "sepre modina 666" my cousin lives in Bari and he was at the game, he knows some of the italians that formed the sect....he says they are crazy.

I'm a Lazio supporter but there big supporter group the eagles are communist. It's pretty messed up. Watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lacuDK-5FC0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrDhDCeosk&feature=related

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Then don't make claims.

I never made a claim that it was "cool"

I just stated a fact of what happened.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Read the UEFA rules regarding safety and security and how ALL of the measures fall onto the host country. The rule has been in place for such a long time.

TFCRegina
10-11-2011, 12:22 AM
The Troll is strong in this one.

werewolf
10-11-2011, 12:35 AM
I never made a claim that it was "cool"

I just stated a fact of what happened.

Insinuation was actually the word I was looking for...insinuation.

TFCREDNWHITE
10-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Insinuation was actually the word I was looking for...insinuation.

*sigh*boring*

I don't really care werewolf.....

All I was doing earlier was pointing out the UEFA rules and their mismanagement of penalties. It's not the first, nor the last.

werewolf
10-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Let's get focused, Ace. I was referring to these posts, as it related to TFC.

I dunno, I thought you would think it's cool, considering your Dichio is breathing fire! *rawr*

Whaaa-...cry babies....

UEFA rulings really arent of interest to me in this thread.