PDA

View Full Version : Tactical quizes

olegunnar
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
You have to get perfect on all 16 of these quizes before you are qualified to criticize the team's play ! :D

http://www.nscaa.com/quiz.php

zeelaw
07-08-2008, 09:07 PM
neat!

my torrents are forbidding me to see the graph until 10 seconds left lol

James Oliphant
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Cool site, but does anyone else find these extremely easy?

I'm on quiz #6, and I've only had 2 incorrect thus far.

akoto
07-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the link. yeah I find most of them easy. Just common sense really.

torfchamilton
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Pretty easy, great I can criticize :)

LucaGol
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
The later quizzes are a bit dicey.

Some of the questions from the quizzes are a tad dumb imo, especially if you read the explanations at the bottom.

There are several situations in attack where more than one ball can be the correct one.

They just assume that the safest route is always the best one.

They also assume that the player on the ball has all the required characteristics to complete each situation successfully. (ie. good dribbling skills, speed, long passing etc etc.)

The defending questions are spot on however.

Niall
07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
^ I agree mate, a lot of the offensive situations seemed to have multiple answers that would vary quite a bit from player to player.

All in all a good selection of questions and strategies to help coaches and players alike.

James Oliphant
07-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Of course there were multiple possibilities...it's about choosing which one was the MOST right...which one created the greatest possibility for a chance at goal.

And I thought it was pretty obvious that in a quiz like this where the players are merely circles and triangles you assume all players are equal.

I disagree about the "safest" route. If that were the case, it would have accepted back passes beyond the midfield stripe. It's about what play creates the best/most chances for a goal.

The safest route only seems to apply to the defensive side of the ball...which makes perfect sense.

noochie
07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if you could freeze time for 18 seconds to make up your mind about the best course of action. This is why footy isn't played on a whiteboard I guess. :)

LucaGol
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Of course there were multiple possibilities...it's about choosing which one was the MOST right...which one created the greatest possibility for a chance at goal.

And I thought it was pretty obvious that in a quiz like this where the players are merely circles and triangles you assume all players are equal.

I disagree about the "safest" route. If that were the case, it would have accepted back passes beyond the midfield stripe. It's about what play creates the best/most chances for a goal.

The safest route only seems to apply to the defensive side of the ball...which makes perfect sense.

It's all about invention on attack.

I disagree with some of the questions, because sometimes the best play to make is the riskiest with the greatest reward. Or the most difficult.

Sure some attacks our clear what to do..but some of the situations, particularly in the last few quizzes...there exist multiple possibilites for the man on the ball...as there should. Positioning is one thing...but creativity is another.

Obviously you'll never play the ball to a man who's being marked by 2 or more defenders, but the idea that the beautiful game can simply be marked out with x's and o's (in attack anyways)...doesn't really sit well with me. And I'm a big tactics person...trust me.

Secondly, these diagrams have too much "staticness" so to speak from all your attacking players. If a player is being marked, he can easily lose his defender by creative off the ball movement. Some of the scenarios take this into account...but not always.

Football is a dynamic chess match...not a static affair.

Don't wanna get too philosophical though...it is still a neat tool to break down various situations that occur during the game. Pretty decent.