Whitecaps vs. Timbers
Chivas USA vs. Philadelphia Union

Anyone watching?

rocktml
10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Stream?

rocker
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm watching Whitecaps, Timbers. I have it on channel 98 (TSN2) on my Rogers cable.

Portland has the majority of play so far. Stadium looks good, even with the curtains hanging down blocking view of the upper deck (they need to correct the gaps in the curtains).

Carts
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Kenny Cooper just scored a beauty...

@ Rocker: Agreed about the white curtains. The idea is good, the execution is poor. If they had them together properly it would come off really well...

LittleOzzy
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Portland's traveling fans are a lot louder than the Whitecaps fans.

werewolf
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I am surprised the referee didnt abandon the match after not one, but two! streamers hurled towards the pitch in a fluttering line during that last Portland corner.

moralis
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Wake up Vancouver Whitecaps fans, there are 500 Portland fans making more noise than 20,000 fans. Represent Canada.

rocker
10-02-2011, 05:26 PM
interesting fact.... if Vancouver doesn't win, Vancouver would finish with fewer points in 30 matches than TFC did in its 2007 expansion year (TFC had 25 points in 30 matches... 30 game season back then). Vancouver currently has 22 points in 29 games.

Now, in the 34 game season, Vancouver could still beat TFC's 2007 futility mark on a points per game basis.... They would need at least 2 wins and 1 tie in their final four matches to beat TFC's points per game mark. If they get anything less, they finish with a worse points per game than TFC did in 2007.

Mexinese
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
anyone have a stream for the whitcap game plaese?

james
10-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm watching Whitecaps, Timbers. I have it on channel 98 (TSN2) on my Rogers cable.

Portland has the majority of play so far. Stadium looks good, even with the curtains hanging down blocking view of the upper deck (they need to correct the gaps in the curtains).

its ok but i thot the stadium would look better actually. Curtains arent working to well, you can see all the empty seats between the gaps. And i dont like the big openning behind the nets. I prefer Seattles current stadium set up.

james
10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Wake up Vancouver Whitecaps fans, there are 500 Portland fans making more noise than 20,000 fans. Represent Canada.

ive been disapointed in Vancouver fans this year. Supporters arent that good, but i didnt really exspect them to be that good before the year even started. I knew the supporters group wasnt going to be that big. Team playing bad hasnt helped.

TorontoGooner
10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Imagine how much noise we could make in a stadium like that

Yeoman
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM
ive been disapointed in Vancouver fans this year. Supporters arent that good, but i didnt really exspect them to be that good before the year even started. I knew the supporters group wasnt going to be that big. Team playing bad hasnt helped.

considering how much worse their FO is, i'm suprised they're allowed to have a non team made supporters club

Vancity RED
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
The Vancouver support will take time. Not sure what things are like in the Southsiders group these days but when I got out here three years ago it was crap. They seemed more interested in how long they had all been supporting the team and were going to have a bunch of "plasitcs" all over when the team went MLS. Nice way to grow your group, assholes. And their message board sucks ass too.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
remember how people thought vancouver were going to be sooooooo much bettern TFC

Oldtimer
10-02-2011, 08:48 PM
interesting fact.... if Vancouver doesn't win, Vancouver would finish with fewer points in 30 matches than TFC did in its 2007 expansion year (TFC had 25 points in 30 matches... 30 game season back then). Vancouver currently has 22 points in 29 games.

Vancouver lost again... guess they beat TFC's futility record.

ag futbol
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
remember how people thought vancouver were going to be sooooooo much bettern TFC
Just to pile on, I have to say Jarju is the most WTF? DP signing I have seen to date.

At first I thought "they must have really scouted this guy and seen something given his track record" ... nope, he looks like the 400k version of O'Brian White who manages to score even less.

Dub Narcotic
10-03-2011, 10:10 AM
The Vancouver support will take time. Not sure what things are like in the Southsiders group these days but when I got out here three years ago it was crap. They seemed more interested in how long they had all been supporting the team and were going to have a bunch of "plasitcs" all over when the team went MLS. Nice way to grow your group, assholes. And their message board sucks ass too.

I was at one game this year in person and watched a lot on television. The average 'caps fan is pretty good, they are into the game, informed, and attendance has been good for what has been a pretty bad team. The supporters groups have been pretty poor, however, especially compared to the Timbers Army and the ECS. They are being grouped together now in B.C. Place so hopefully they can get their act together and give the Whitecaps the home field advantage enjoyed by Portland and Seattle.