PDA

View Full Version : biggest. game. ever? (SHOELESS JOE'S TONIGHT - be there !!! )

Parkdale
09-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Is the game October 18th game against FC Dallas the most critical game in our history?
Or maybe just the biggest game of the Winter era? Either way.... Come Watch it At Joes!

:scarf:

link (http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/TeamProfileDetail/0,,12856%7E1021737,00.html)

pekduck
09-30-2011, 08:20 AM
will be there

Fort York Redcoat
09-30-2011, 08:26 AM
As per yoush.

MG42
09-30-2011, 08:46 AM
the nyrb game to make the playoffs was pretty huge IMO, could have set us off in another direction from where we are now

tfcleeds
09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
the nyrb game to make the playoffs was pretty huge IMO, could have set us off in another direction from where we are now

Agreed. Yeah, this game is one of the bigger ones we've played, but the NYRB game was just as important, if not more so.

Suds
09-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm in!

Carts says if TFC wins he's buying everyone there a round! (disclaimer: I totally made that up)

Auzzy
09-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Agreed. Yeah, this game is one of the bigger ones we've played, but the NYRB game was just as important, if not more so.

If you put it that way -- maybe it was better in the big picture that they lost that game? Otherwise we might still be puttering about with Mo & Co....

This game is BIG for me now. But so was Pumas at BMO this week. So was the win in Montreal. So was drowning in the swamps of New Jersey. So was getting scored on & beat by Julius James & DC, as well as Will Hesmer & Columbus, last year at BMO... etc.

Missing the "maybe" option on the poll... :D

ginkster88
09-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I try to forget everything about that NYRB game...

Whoop
09-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I'll be there.

tfcleeds
09-30-2011, 09:06 AM
^Let's just hope the result will be quite different.

Carts
09-30-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm in!

Carts says if TFC wins he's buying everyone there a round! (disclaimer: I totally made that up)

LOL...

C'mon, I'm already buying a ticket for Pizza Hut Park and not using it for some positive energy!

mastermixer
09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
This game is huge. It gets us more games in 2012, with new and hopefully upgraded players and a fresh pre-season right before it. Anything is possible after the game on October 18.

adamdz
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
See ya there.

http://files.sharenator.com/challenge_accepted_Its_Another_New_Post_D-s400x300-128676-580.jpg

BuSaPuNk
09-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Thinking about coming by. Hmmmm hard decision though....work or TFC?

............ah what the fuck am I saying. I'M IN!

__wowza
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
*ahem*
IN
that is all.

Flint
09-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Ill be there.

Carefree
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
If we win this I will officially end my boycott of all TFC merchandise and buy the jersey of whoever the MotM is for the game.

WestStandGeoff
09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
If we win this I will officially end my boycott of all TFC merchandise and buy the jersey of whoever the MotM is for the game.

You don't know how badly this makes me want Iro to have the match of his life!

DangerRed
09-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Totally agree. Biggest game, biggest let-down.

This game will be huge, and I'm hoping for the best.

Carefree
09-30-2011, 12:12 PM
You don't know how badly this makes me want Iro to have the match of his life!
:rofl:

Parkdale
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
so we've established it's going to be a HUGE match.

all the better to spend it with your TFC pals...... at the bar!

Stouffville_RPB
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
See everyone there!

Platts
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM
can you think of ANYTHING better than being in a steaming roiling BMO in FEBRUARY!!!!

PLEASE bring this on.

ouderwien
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Now I know it would be a huge jinx to start thinking this far ahead already....but.

I've been wondering, do you think it would be unrealistic to think that we could sell out the skydome come Feb. like Montreal did when they made it through to the knockout round at Olympic Stadium?

Although the cold weather would really play an advantage.

London
09-30-2011, 12:37 PM
^^^ i remember hearing that they pre-booked1 date at skydome last season.

not sure if this was true or not

Parkdale
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
also, I agree the NYRB game was a big one, but we really lucked out to be in that position. SOOOO many other things happened to keep us in the playoff race that we aren't responsible for. Everything else we needed just happened to turn out positive for us. One different result by another team, and the NYRB match would have been meaningless.

but hey... hindsight.

Derko
09-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Maybe so, but in my humble opinion, I thought last years key CCL match in Panama, where Preki fucked us all was by far more important than making the playoffs, don't get me wrong, I will enjoy the success when TFC does make the playoffs, but I am a Champions League Man myself and this is so much more important, but that is me.

:drinking:

TorontoPat
09-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Now I know it would be a huge jinx to start thinking this far ahead already....but.

I've been wondering, do you think it would be unrealistic to think that we could sell out the skydome come Feb. like Montreal did when they made it through to the knockout round at Olympic Stadium?

Although the cold weather would really play an advantage.
If it does happen and skydome is the venue, it won't be cold....

WestStandGeoff
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
^^ I wouldn't be putting any huge bets on a game in the Dome just yet - with the heated turf, we should easily be able to play at BMO at that time of year. Not to mention, Paul B mentioned the league starting early March in last night's meeting, which is right about when the CL knock-out stage is scheduled.

Auzzy
09-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Paul mentioned they would be weighing things like the possible bad weather & condition of the pitch at BMO in March (with inherent risks for the players, fans, and the pitch), against the condition & possible risks of whatever they would put down as a playing surface at the Rogers Centre. Among other things. The exposed piping at BMO Field is a major concern for them -- big problems at the one game last year where it got quite cold, despite a bunch of plumbers trying to keep things from freezing up.

I don't think we can say, "we should easily be able to play at BMO." Despite the under-turf heating, there's not that much sun earlier in the year to promote growth -- in addition to the other factors mentioned. But my impression was, they would prefer to play at BMO if it's feasible.

Oldtimer
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't get ahead of yourselves. Even though Dallas will be weakened, it is still a TFC away game. While I dream of February football with a fully rebuilt and competitive team, there is a little matter in the way of winning an away game for the current mixed-bag squad. Don't circle those February CCL dates on your calendars, yet.

Jack
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Biggest so far. A must-win game to do something we've never done in our short history should be the biggest. Previously the Montreal game was, albeit no one expected that. The NYRB game was an abomination.

Auzzy
09-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Don't get ahead of yourselves. Even though Dallas will be weakened, it is still a TFC away game. While I dream of February football with a fully rebuilt and competitive team, there is a little matter in the way of winning an away game for the current mixed-bag squad. Don't circle those February CCL dates on your calendars, yet.

I guess that's part of the "if feasible" then. Dreaming is free. If not March 2012, then maybe March 2013? :D

And yes, they said the game would be in March.

Torontotonto
09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
also, I agree the NYRB game was a big one, but we really lucked out to be in that position. SOOOO many other things happened to keep us in the playoff race that we aren't responsible for. Everything else we needed just happened to turn out positive for us. One different result by another team, and the NYRB match would have been meaningless.

but hey... hindsight.

Ya if remember correctly it turned out a draw would have put us through :facepalm:

denime
09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
:scarf:I'll be there.:scarf:

AL-MO
09-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I'll be coming down from Markham.

If anyone needs a ride (leaving from Kennedy/407 area @ 4:30 PM) PM me.

AL-MO
09-30-2011, 07:58 PM

No shit eh? :rolleyes:

I'm staying optimistic myself.

Oldtimer
09-30-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm down for coming to Joe's... despite my uncertainty about how the game will turn out. I'm still hopeful for a win! What would be better than celebrating it with fellow RPB?

Red Adder
10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Biggest game so far - to get into the next round of CCl would be great! Any RPBs heading to Dallas?

phonzo
10-01-2011, 02:10 PM
to emphasize this is open to ALLLLLLL which means everyone should come down :)

__wowza
10-02-2011, 04:22 AM
I'll be coming down from Markham.

If anyone needs a ride (leaving from Kennedy/407 area @ 4:30 PM) PM me.

might take ya up on that offer, my jobs moving down there. ill be in touch with you sometime soon if yer still game.

AL-MO
10-02-2011, 11:26 AM
might take ya up on that offer, my jobs moving down there. ill be in touch with you sometime soon if yer still game.

Yep.

jazzy
10-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Paul mentioned they would be weighing things like the possible bad weather & condition of the pitch at BMO in March (with inherent risks for the players, fans, and the pitch), against the condition & possible risks of whatever they would put down as a playing surface at the Rogers Centre. Among other things. The exposed piping at BMO Field is a major concern for them -- big problems at the one game last year where it got quite cold, despite a bunch of plumbers trying to keep things from freezing up.

I don't think we can say, "we should easily be able to play at BMO." Despite the under-turf heating, there's not that much sun earlier in the year to promote growth -- in addition to the other factors mentioned. But my impression was, they would prefer to play at BMO if it's feasible.

simply have anti-freeze in pipes

10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Thinking about going down for this game with a friend or two. Points don't last forever!! Is the entire stadium GA? Can we just buy our tickets on ticketmaster, and then find other TFC fans once we get down there?

Mark TFC
10-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm a new Red Patch member this year. Been going to matches for a while, haven't been able to make many this year due to my financial situation (I'm a student, I don't have one). Been meaning to head to Joe's for quite some time also, this is the perfect opportunity. I'll be there!

Auzzy
10-03-2011, 08:01 AM
simply have anti-freeze in pipes

?

The washrooms have to be functioning for the game, i.e., running water. They have no problems with the pipes over the winter, when they drain them and/or put in anti-freeze.

C.Ronaldo
10-04-2011, 08:54 AM
^ yah, i like flushing toilers and washign my hands in my washrooms

10-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Tickets booked!! $134 plus some points!

If anyone else is going down, please let me know. We can meet up for a pint, mayhaps!

So stoked!!

BFin
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
to emphasize this is open to ALLLLLLL which means everyone should come down :)

What about Billy?

__wowza
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Tickets booked!! $134 plus some points!

If anyone else is going down, please let me know. We can meet up for a pint, mayhaps!

So stoked!!

ill give you $20 if you hold up a large cardboard fuad ibrahim head on screen.

Empirical
10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
i was gonna vote no, but then i read about the february, potentilly skydome game. could get the whole city out! wow.

Alonso
10-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Thinking about going down for this game with a friend or two. Points don't last forever!! Is the entire stadium GA? Can we just buy our tickets on ticketmaster, and then find other TFC fans once we get down there?

Out of curiosity how many points did you use and does that include taxes and fees?

I've been looking to use some of my airmiles to.

10-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Out of curiosity how many points did you use and does that include taxes and fees?

I've been looking to use some of my airmiles to.

I used the minimum aeroplan points, 25,000 per ticket. Taxes, fees and surcharges were $134 per ticket. So it's $268 plus 50,000 aeroplan points for 2 of us there and back. I'm not sure about airmiles. I've been collecting, but haven't cashed them in before.

This is my first road game (other than Montreal '08), so I'm really, really excited!

SoccMan
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
This a very big game, if they could somehow pull out the victory needed to advance it would focus some much needed attention from the media and the general sporting public back on the club. It would also give this organization some confidence going forward into next season and show that the small improvements this team has experienced in the last part of the season is real.

Technorgasm
10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
gonna make them our bitch.

Teh Norb is in.

Canary10
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Supporters groups should try to draw some media to the local viewing pubs. Really get some buzz going for this team.

uncle p
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Supporters groups should try to draw some media to the local viewing pubs. Really get some buzz going for this team.

I'll call Gareth Wheeler :D

Canary10
10-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Any television. TV news producers would love backdrops of a packed house of chanting fans.

Carts
10-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Any television. TV news producers would love backdrops of a packed house of chanting fans.

The GOL TV broadcast would be insane not to place an ENG camera with a simple SD hookup at Joes...

Since none of the providers has the HD feed, a RF SD signal is all that's needed to cut in Joes pre-game, post-game, and after each of our 7-goals! ;)

Red CB Toronto
10-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I just hate the fact that outside of Real Sports the HD feed will not be available in bars or anywhere else for that matter. To be honest the quality of some GOL Broadcasts have been complete shit. In this day and age I just want a to get a quality broadcast.

rockxlee
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Not hijack this thread but, I'm wondering how the turnout will be at Duke of Gloucesters. Im looking to go to a place a little closer to uptown.

GlenM
10-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm in!

WOOT!

Love it.

I'm in.

GlenM

Brocko
10-11-2011, 09:09 AM
This is by far the biggest game of the year. Actually the NCC/CCL is the only time TFC has a chance to collect Hardware:flare:
...since we are so good in MLS:picard:
Winter better throw out his A Squad...and with FCD fighting for Playoff Positioning...they will likely throw at us there B Squad...

I will be there...let's hope for a much earlier start to 2012;)

Carts
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Winter better throw out his A Squad...and with FCD fighting for Playoff Positioning...they will likely throw at us there B Squad...

He will play is strongest possible squad - he told us that in person at the SSH event thingy... :scarf:

It was funny, all through the meeting, as they're talking about something completely different "...beat Dallas..." , "...just win in Dallas..." etc etc etc...

It got the point across!

As for Dallas playing the B-squad, I'm not sold on that one...

Carts...

Brocko
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
He will play is strongest possible squad - he told us that in person at the SSH event thingy... :scarf:

It was funny, all through the meeting, as they're talking about something completely different "...beat Dallas..." , "...just win in Dallas..." etc etc etc...

It got the point across!

As for Dallas playing the B-squad, I'm not sold on that one...

Carts...
I was the one that asked Winter if he was going to play his A squad and he walked around the answer with his typical political answer..."we don't look ahead, we play NYRB on Saturday and blah blah blah. It wouldnt make sense NOT to play the A squad..but this is TFC;)

As for FCD...look at what Colorado did with an important date on a weekend in MLS did...they didnt even send there Manager FFS. Some MLS teams make the MLS games bigger than CCL games. With Dallas playing in Chitown Tomorrow, home to Vancouver Saturday in MLS and then the saturday after us is the final game of the season in San Jose...that is 3 MLS League games in 11 days, while jokeying for playoff positions (they hope) and a CCL game in the middle. They may not play their B Squad but they wont be playing their A Squad at least.

Canary10
10-12-2011, 11:05 AM
A couple of their A squad got red-carded in their last game and won't even be available to them next week...Of course they get Shea and a few others back, although Shea's looked like crap recently.

London
10-12-2011, 11:10 AM
^^dallas is in a tough situation with playoffs and CCL

i agree that they have to manage it wisely and we will see a mixture of starters with a few bench players getting the start to rest a few players each game.

i think the will play 7-8 starters (not counting keeper) each match till the playoffs

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-12-2011, 11:17 AM
It's such a big game I thought it was yesterday and rushed home to watch it. Seems like ages since TFC played. Is the time breaking with MLS tradition and observing the international break?

Yohan
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
It's such a big game I thought it was yesterday and rushed home to watch it. Seems like ages since TFC played. Is the time breaking with MLS tradition and observing the international break?
Mls does observe most int breaks except few games that got played due to circumstances. Hence why very few games on some weekends

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
^ is this something new? I know they're were calls for this in the past, I just never really paid too much attention to it.

Oldtimer
10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
^ is this something new? I know they're were calls for this in the past, I just never really paid too much attention to it.

The changed it last year. I think it had a lot to do with the US bid for the WC.

Anyway::topic:

TFCREDNWHITE
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2011-10-12-chicago-fire-vs-fc-dallas/recap

Dallas back in command...shit. :-(

London
10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
^^^ back in command of what??

they clinched a playoff spot, they also need to keep winning or they will drop to the 8th seed

__wowza
10-13-2011, 08:33 AM
MLSE are making a push to get everyone to come out to real sports. brennan/dichio are going to be there and the first 100 folks get scarves. MEH.

Red CB Toronto
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
MLSE are making a push to get everyone to come out to real sports. brennan/dichio are going to be there and the first 100 folks get scarves. MEH.

Ya, but the key to the Real Sports party to me is being the only place to watch in HD and to add to that on the huge screen. I have not really been impressed at all with some of GOL's SD broadcasts during The CCL.

mastermixer
10-13-2011, 09:04 AM

If there was a leaf game scheduled at the same time, they wouldn't even think of doing something like this.

dmacd
10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I bought an air ticket on points and am going with a buddy that lives in Dallas. Given that the game is General Admission, does anybody know if there will be an "away supporters" section. Can I just buy regular game tickets on Ticketmaster?

Also, are any TFC supporters that are heading down planning on congregating at a bar pre-game?

Brooker
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Given that the game is General Admission, does anybody know if there will be an "away supporters" section.

I'd call the box office.

__wowza
10-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Ya, but the key to the Real Sports party to me is being the only place to watch in HD and to add to that on the huge screen. I have not really been impressed at all with some of GOL's SD broadcasts during The CCL.

the key to watching this game anywhere is to be around avid supporters and friends with a beer in my hand, a song in my lungs and hope in my heart.

anyone got crackers?
i can get cheesier :D

greek_magas_88
10-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Common You Reeeeeddddsssss! Lets Advance!

nascarguy
10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
The GOL TV broadcast would be insane not to place an ENG camera with a simple SD hookup at Joes...

Since none of the providers has the HD feed, a RF SD signal is all that's needed to cut in Joes pre-game, post-game, and after each of our 7-goals! ;)
yeah right 7 goals keep dreaming:drinking: I have a bad felling about this game

SoccMan
10-14-2011, 07:44 PM
We have usualy folded in big games, so I think we are going to take a beating in this one folks as usual, 4 to 5 nothing Dallas, we just don't have the mental capacity needed to get the job done and the pressure will be too much unfortunately another TFC disaster in the making, I hope I'm wrong but it will probably be the same old TFC nightmare.

Parkdale
10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
man... Joe's is going to be hopping that night!

Red CB Toronto
10-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Man regardless of where you are on Tuesday night, at Joe's, Real Sports, on your couch etc it is going to be epic. Also for you twitter folk the hash tag for the night is #TFCFTW

http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23TFCFTW

Looking forward to the night for sure.

Carts
10-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Speaking just about the bolded part (not about where to watch etc)...

You're not going to see anything impressive or different about GOL's SD to HD broadcast...

The camera work, analysis, and game direction are all the same. Graphic package is the same, and everything is framed 4x3 safe anyway, so you'll see a little more superfluous action on the right and left of your screen...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HD BROADCASTS and hate watching sports in SD - but just having a HD broadcast will not make you go from 'unimpressed' to 'impressed' with the coverage...

Watch the Super Bowl in SD - its still a great broadcast, watch it in HD and its even better...

Watch a low budget broadcast in SD and its not very good, watch it in HD and its still not very good - the only thing better is the picture...

Anyway - back to the hype, this game, wherever people watch is going to tense, nerve racking, and hopefully, hopefully, pray pray pray kick off a celebration!!!

Parkdale
10-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Speaking just about the bolded part (not about where to watch etc)...

You're not going to see anything impressive or different about GOL's SD to HD broadcast...

The camera work, analysis, and game direction are all the same. Graphic package is the same, and everything is framed 4x3 safe anyway, so you'll see a little more superfluous action on the right and left of your screen...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HD BROADCASTS and hate watching sports in SD - but just having a HD broadcast will not make you go from 'unimpressed' to 'impressed' with the coverage...

Watch the Super Bowl in SD - its still a great broadcast, watch it in HD and its even better...

Watch a low budget broadcast in SD and its not very good, watch it in HD and its still not very good - the only thing better is the picture...

Anyway - back to the hype, this game, wherever people watch is going to tense, nerve racking, and hopefully, hopefully, pray pray pray kick off a celebration!!!

agreed.

I'm watching Liverpool-Manchest United right now on an internet stream, and it looks decent because the original broadcast product is amazing. Sure it's compressed to shit, but the camera works, replays, graphics, commentary etc are all top ranked. The content is king - the delivery method is just that... delivery.

also - can you tell who works in TV?

Flint
10-15-2011, 04:27 PM
:scarf:Game is 3 days away just saying!:drum:

AL-MO
10-15-2011, 04:39 PM
man... Joe's is going to be hopping that night!

Indeed it will be!

:flare:

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Can we please just have one road game party at Real Sports, I love Joe's but change every once and a while is good. Maybe even have a united night with U-Sector where all all go down to RS and have a good time.

Jack
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I will not return to RealSports, if I can help it. I found it to be the most pretentious sport bar I've ever seen.

TorontoPat
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm going down to RS and watch outside, if it isn't raining or anything.

AL-MO
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Can we please just have one road game party at Real Sports, I love Joe's but change every once and a while is good. Maybe even have a united night with U-Sector where all all go down to RS and have a good time.

Maybe, but not for this game.

I'd be up for an outdoor away game viewing in Maple Leaf Square at some point. But we'd have to organize it properly to get good numbers.

Why are you always suggesting Real Sports??

Parkdale
10-16-2011, 08:37 PM

If anyone is interested in having a beer with Usector - the Duke of Gloucester is their home bar.
They are good guys, and they're a lot like us. They will make anyone in red feel welcome.

But you can bet they won't be at Real Sports either.

Red CB Toronto
10-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Maybe, but not for this game.

I'd be up for an outdoor away game viewing in Maple Leaf Square at some point. But we'd have to organize it properly to get good numbers.

Why are you always suggesting Real Sports??
I guess I just like the place, it's
a comfortable place to watch sports whatever you like.

Jeffro
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Joes is home, there's a personal touch there. I'd rather support Joe who has bent over backwards for us for years, than give more of my hard earned dollars to mlse.

Parkdale
10-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I guess I just like the place, it's
a comfortable place to watch sports whatever you like.

'whatever you like'... unless there's hockey on.

we've had enough reports of people fighting to get TFC on a back screen. They like us when it's convenient for them.

T-boy
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
This might possibly be a stupid question (well, I don't think it is!)....but WHICH Shoeless Joe's are you all going to?! (seeing as there are several that I know of!). I don't wanna end up alone on Queens Quay when you are all having a party on King St! :p

Or is there a bar called Joe's, that I don't even know of?!

pekduck
10-17-2011, 03:00 PM
^
King & Dufferin (Mowat)

Huyton
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm recovering from a really nasty infection (morphine for the pain!) and cannot get downdown.

I'll be at Boston Pizza in Milton, though. They've been quite good about putting the games on there in the past.

MG42
10-17-2011, 05:05 PM
What channel will this be on?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
On the EVE...of the biggest game in our short History...dont get no better then this....

C'mon LADS!!!!!!

sulfur
10-18-2011, 05:29 AM
What channel will this be on?
GolTV.

Fort York Redcoat
10-18-2011, 05:57 AM

Yeah I'm not going back to RealSports for TFC ever again, Thanks. I won't reward them for bad service. Getting us there in numbers is one challenge, convincing U-sec to pass up the Duke for us is another.

As always C, love your optimism, though. Enjoy the match.

nascarguy
10-18-2011, 06:24 AM
goltv tfc show list up for today:

3:30pm tfc 5th season- 30mins
4pm concacaf game in an hour fc dallas vs. tfc- 1hr
5pm concacaf game in an hour pumas unam- 1hr
6pm tfc preview- 30mins
6:30pm mls weekly- 30mins
7pm we live soccer- 30mins
7:30pm tfc preview- 30mins

denime
10-18-2011, 07:26 AM
goltv tfc show list up for today:

3:30pm tfc 5th season- 30mins
4pm concacaf game in an hour fc dallas vs. tfc- 1hr
5pm concacaf game in an hour pumas unam- 1hr
6pm tfc preview- 30mins
6:30pm mls weekly- 30mins
7pm we live soccer- 30mins
7:30pm tfc preview- 30mins

And at 8pm game of the year!

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/10/all-mexican-officiating-crew-tuesday

London
10-18-2011, 07:31 AM
^^^ game of the last 5 years

Oldtimer
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Unbelievably pumped for this.

If any non-soccer loving random wanders into Joe's, they will be in for a huge surprise!

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

tfcleeds
10-18-2011, 08:23 AM
If anyone is interested in having a beer with Usector - the Duke of Gloucester is their home bar.
They are good guys, and they're a lot like us. They will make anyone in red feel welcome.

But you can bet they won't be at Real Sports either.

Indeed, I've been to Duke of Gloucester several times to watch with U-Sec, simply because it's way more convenient for me than Joe's. It's usually a pretty good atmosphere there. The pub itself has seen better days, but that's not the point - it's all about watching the game with like-minded people. And yes, they are very accomodating. I imagine it also will be rocking tonight.

To add to that, it's also one of the few places in town where TFC takes precedence over everything else. Someone walked out in a snit one time because they couldn't get the Stanley Cup Finals on when a TFC game was showing.

Parkdale
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
To add to that, it's also one of the few places in town where TFC takes precedence over everything else. Someone walked out in a snit one time because they couldn't get the Stanley Cup Finals on when a TFC game was showing.

I love hearing things like that. Why? Because you can watch hockey (even when the leafs are golfing) in 99.9% of the bars in this city, so when someone puts their foot down, it makes me happy.

prizby
10-18-2011, 12:49 PM

yes lets line the pockets of MLSE somemore and take away support from Joe who has been supporting RPB whenever we needed it (annual meeting etc.)
yes lets go to a place that will tell supporters to fuck off and not show TFC just cuz UFC is on

uncle p
10-18-2011, 12:58 PM
This might possibly be a stupid question (well, I don't think it is!)....but WHICH Shoeless Joe's are you all going to?! (seeing as there are several that I know of!). I don't wanna end up alone on Queens Quay when you are all having a party on King St! :p

Or is there a bar called Joe's, that I don't even know of?!

Shoeless Joes on King st just east of Dufferin my man!! see you there.....

phonzo
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
yes lets line the pockets of MLSE somemore and take away support from Joe who has been supporting RPB whenever we needed it (annual meeting etc.)
yes lets go to a place that will tell supporters to fuck off and not show TFC just cuz UFC is on

prizby...so angry...I'm going to start panhandling to get you a hooker and to get you laid to blow off some steam bud.

you can thank me after :)

Carts
10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
prizby...so angry...I'm going to start panhandling to get you a hooker and to get you laid to blow off some steam bud.

you can thank me after :)

I hope you're REALLY GOOD at panhandling, or he won't want to thank you after...!!! :D

Waggy
10-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Biggest game ever? Dirk Nowitsky is going to the game for... some reason. I'm sure a 7 foot german would stand out anyways, but in the hordes of 5-600 people I bet it'll be real easy to spot him. Wonder if he winds up cheering for us because of Frings?

Rudi
10-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Indeed, I've been to Duke of Gloucester several times to watch with U-Sec, simply because it's way more convenient for me than Joe's. It's usually a pretty good atmosphere there. The pub itself has seen better days, but that's not the point - it's all about watching the game with like-minded people. And yes, they are very accomodating. I imagine it also will be rocking tonight.

I love hearing things like that. Why? Because you can watch hockey (even when the leafs are golfing) in 99.9% of the bars in this city, so when someone puts their foot down, it makes me happy.
Haha! I totally remember that guy. He seemed so offended that a soccer bar chose soccer, even though there were dozens of us there watching the TFC game.

I think he skipped out on his bill, too. :rolleyes:

Ricky_Portugal
10-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Great night at joes great to see everyone that made it out and the celebration was even better

Oldtimer
10-19-2011, 04:55 AM
It was so much fun at Joe's. Thanks everyone for showing up and making it a great time._

DavydMT
10-19-2011, 08:05 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/306348_10150334093076073_685576072_8299361_1797461 383_n.jpg

Parkdale
10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
yep... that was a great time!

Joe even broke out the shots for everyone. What a blast!