PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial: Real Salt Lake gets 2009 All Star Game

Pachuco
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
With construction of its new stadium nearly complete, Real Salt Lake and Major League Soccer will announce Wednesday that the team will play host to the annual MLS All-Star Game next season.
Sources close to the decision confirmed it, though team and league officials declined to comment; they're holding a press conference Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. at the stadium in Sandy to make their announcement. Gov. Jon Huntsman is expected to attend, along with MLS President Mark Abbott and team owner Dave Checketts, among others.

read more...
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_9820236

adampz
07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
anyword on who theyre gonna play against? I've heard liverpool, but is that just some mlsrumors.com stuff?

noochie
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
anyword on who theyre gonna play against? I've heard liverpool, but is that just some mlsrumors.com stuff?

Real Madrid? They have a partnership with them...

kodiakTFC
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
first off they damn well better get it as a show of appreciation for getting a SSS. Secondly, Real Madrid would be cool and I hope its not liverpool because then i'd have to drive to utah!

tfc_4_ever
07-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Real Madrid? They have a partnership with them...

Isnt it more about who the league is partnered with?

Roogsy
07-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Sorry Hammer fans...but I am not looking forward to hearing the announcement as to who they will get next year...because I know I will be jumping off Bitchy's perch when I do.

noochie
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Isnt it more about who the league is partnered with?

Not necessarily. They have played SPL, EPL, La Liga teams in friendlies or all star fixtures. I don't see how it is any different. It is really more about who is available than anything I think.

adampz
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
first off they damn well better get it as a show of appreciation for getting a SSS. Secondly, Real Madrid would be cool and I hope its not liverpool because then i'd have to drive to utah! Yup, i didnt get a ticket to this years all star game, so i told myself, whenver liverpool comes, i have to go, but i dont really feel like going all the way out to salt lake

nascarguy
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
they will not say anything in till about may next year

kitchener-TFC
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I'd like to see them play Bayern Munchen!