PDA

View Full Version : Buy Leafs ticket, get a TFC ticket!

DichioTFC
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I really have no idea how the FO can tell us everything is fine with us when they're doing stuff like this.

To view this email as a web page, go here. (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=5093595698e4f02046df59c18faf83cba7c381ad3e23a1 368043eb53ef61b20b)

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/2/Toronto-Maple-Leafs1.jpg

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/ffcf14/m/1/spacer.gif http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/ffcf14/m/1/spacer.gif http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/2/toronto_fclogo.jpgKeep the sports season going all year long, NAV!

Get your two game pack to see the Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto FC today! Now is your chance to see a LEAFS game from The Gondola Boxes, one of the most unique spots inside Air Canada Centre and chant for TFC from the North End at BMO Field.

CHOOSE 1 LEAFS GAME below & it will be paired with one ticket to the Toronto FC Final MLS regular season match vs. The New England Revolution on Saturday, October 22nd at 12:30 p.m.
Leafs Games:

Saturday, November 5th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Boston Bruins
Tuesday, January 3rd at 7:00 p.m. vs. Tampa Bay Lighting

CALL 416-815-5783 TO GET YOUR PACK
Two game packs start at $241 per ticket. Only 400 two game packs are available. Purchase your pack today by calling the Air Canada Centre Group Sales line at 416-815-5783. Phone Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Also available, barstools in the 3rd row of the Gondola Box seating at a reduced price of $203 per seat with a partially obstructed view.

ABOUT THE GONDOLA BOXES
Located on the 600 level of Air Canada Centre, Gondola Boxes have assigned seating. Drinks are available through the private cash bar service and food is available at all 300 level concession stands.

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/1/GondolaSuite-cropped.jpg
http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/ffcf14/m/1/spacer.gif http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/ffcf14/m/1/spacer.gif http://click.mlsefanmail.com/open.aspx?ffcb10-fe5d16777c67077a7416-fdf0127773600379711c7175-fed316717160047c-fe9115797361057a74-fe2f1570766703747d1570-ffcf14

http://view.mlsefanmail.com/?j=fe5d16777c67077a7416&m=fed316717160047c&ls=fdf0127773600379711c7175&l=fe9115797361057a74&s=fe2f1570766703747d1570&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe1f16747362037b7d1075&r=0

DichioTFC
09-28-2011, 03:19 PM
^ On second thought, does this speak more to dwindling Leafs ticket sales?

EDIT: Just saw that this was referring to North End seats (the same ones that had their prices slashed)

Carts
09-28-2011, 03:21 PM

That's what I was thinking / or actually, both...

The gondola boxes are usually rented out by companies for large events...

They're not like the private suites with your personal server etc etc etc...

One of them is for a SATURDAY NIGHT against an original six team that happens to be defending Stanley Cup Champions...

I think it shows poor interest in BOTH...

ryan
09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Only $241!

What a steal.

It was rumoured by someone here that the Leafs were having trouble filling their boxes...looks like it may have some truth to it.

ensco
09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
That's what I was thinking / or actually, both...

The gondola boxes are usually rented out by companies for large events...

They're not like the private suites with your personal server etc etc etc...

One of them is for a SATURDAY NIGHT against an original six team that happens to be defending Stanley Cup Champions...

I think it shows poor interest in BOTH...

Amazed to see them bundling a Saturday night game at all ... never thought I'd see this... the messaging is incredibly weak, it's like two drunks leaning against each other trying to stand up

MartinUtd
09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/1/GondolaSuite-cropped.jpg

Is that a hockey rink way off in the back ground???

flatpicker
09-28-2011, 03:31 PM
I've always been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan,
But they have to be one of the most overpriced forms of live entertainment on the planet.

To think of how many better ways there are to spend that kind of money...

Oldtimer
09-28-2011, 03:36 PM
I can see that ML$E will have problems selling tickets to a TFC match when the team is already out of the playoffs. Just look at it as being similar to how other MLS clubs comp tickets.

ginkster88
09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Amazed to see them bundling a Saturday night game at all ... never thought I'd see this... the messaging is incredibly weak, it's like two drunks leaning against each other trying to stand up

Seriously, and not to mention unclear; I had to read it once or twice to sort out what exactly was on offer.

james
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
i was wondrring at what point would Toronto Maple Leafs Fans and Toronto FC fans max out of buying over priced tickets while having crap performance on the field/ice. MLSE has dryed up all the fans and now not as many people dont have the money or are not willing to pay stupid prices anymore.

james
09-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I've always been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan,
But they have to be one of the most overpriced forms of live entertainment on the planet.

To think of how many better ways there are to spend that kind of money...

i always loved hockey, and was a long time big Leafs fan exspecially in the 90's going to Maple Leaf Gardens. But going to Leafs games now a days at the ACC really isnt that fun, dead atmosphere, fancy posh like bars and food places, shit team and way, way, way over priced tickets. I think once i started going to some Soccer games in England and then TFC came around, the whole score board entertainment, loud music, fake fans i just can no longer stand. Id rather keep the money and spend it going out with friends getting drunk or something.

kodiakTFC
09-28-2011, 04:01 PM
i always loved hockey, and was a long time big Leafs fan exspecially in the 90's going to Maple Leaf Gardens. But going to Leafs games now a days at the ACC really isnt that fun, dead atmosphere, shit team and way, way, way over priced tickets. I think once i started going to some Soccer games in England and then TFC came around, the whole score board entertainment, loud music, fake fans i just can no longer stand. Id rather keep the money and spend it going out with friends getting drunk or something.

I don't bother with the Leafs anymore and their insane ticket prices have just pushed me to TFC. My seasons cost me $399 for 19 games, that would likely get me about 6 Leaf games IF I could even find the tickets. Funny thing is, I have a connection for free Leaf tickets and I don't even use it because I just don't care. Some of it is how bad the team is but a lot of it is that going to so many TFC games I've just invested myself totally into this team.

Either way MLSE is happy lol..

DichioTFC
09-28-2011, 04:01 PM
I guess the article in Grantland really hit home with MLSE. It deserves its own thread, but I'll just leave it here for now.

Toronto: The Worst Sports City in the World

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7023368/worst-sports-city-world

james
09-28-2011, 04:02 PM

EDIT: Just saw that this was referring to North End seats (the same ones that had their prices slashed)

they should be same price as South End. They had rediculous prices since they built that North End stand. They wont fill it untill they start selling them at more like $20-$25 a seat.

DichioTFC
09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
^ Mostly agreed. They should talk to NEE about moving there, giving them a discount rate for their seats in 131, and then the other three sections can be at whatever MLSE determines to be fair market value. It will make one SG happy (if they agree to the idea) and increase the value of the seats around them, both in 127 and 132-134.

Whoop
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
$203 for an obstructed view seat? No thanks.

Reminds of the obstructed view seats at Tiger Stadium.

TorontoPat
09-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't bother with the Leafs anymore and their insane ticket prices have just pushed me to TFC. My seasons cost me $399 for 19 games, that would likely get me about 6 Leaf games IF I could even find the tickets. Funny thing is, I have a connection for free Leaf tickets and I don't even use it because I just don't care. Some of it is how bad the team is but a lot of it is that going to so many TFC games I've just invested myself totally into this team.

Either way MLSE is happy lol..
True in my case as well, although I spend about 2,000 per year on TFC tickets and merchandise. MLSE is lucky they own both. The only bit of money Leafs get from me is Leafs TV. No more Leaf merchandise.
You wouldn't get 6 Leaf games for 400 bucks. Even if you managed six standing room places it would be 450.

DichioTFC
09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
I will never watch hockey at the ACC. Ever. I've gone to Detroit, Montreal and Buffalo to watch games, but I'll never watch it at the ACC. Prices and atmosphere is ridiculously bad.

You have to have more money than brains to get Leafs season tickets.

SmokedPanda
09-28-2011, 05:33 PM
the gondola is in the 600 level and you gotta go back down to the 300 level to get food lol

Furtado91
09-28-2011, 05:59 PM
the gondola is in the 600 level and you gotta go back down to the 300 level to get food lol

Yeah no doubt.you have to go down 3 sections to get food, see half a rink, and pay top dollar for shitty beer what a bargain for the low price of almost an entire season ticket for tfc.

Yep sounds like Ml$e is really try to tell us we are getting a bargain. only in toronto do these shitty "deals" come out.

SmokedPanda
09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
at this rate i think ML$E will come out with a Groupon promotion for all of it's losing teams

Alonso
09-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I guess the article in Grantland really hit home with MLSE. It deserves its own thread, but I'll just leave it here for now.

I shed a tear for the truth being expressed so well.:frown:

Batman
09-28-2011, 08:02 PM

Ya.. I read this earlier and posted it on facebook today.

It is 100 % spot on.

This is the worst sports city on the planet!

billyfly
09-28-2011, 11:50 PM
The grantland article was discussed in the Leafs thread.

DichioTFC
09-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Global News was asking people before the last TFC match if they thought Toronto was a sports town. Its funny becuase me and like 5 other people that I saw them interview said yes (I didn't want to badmouth the city on my way to BMO), but they only aired negative opinions.

Wack.

Brooker
09-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Global News was asking people before the last TFC match if they thought Toronto was a sports town. Its funny becuase me and like 5 other people that I saw them interview said yes (I didn't want to badmouth the city on my way to BMO), but they only aired negative opinions.

Wack.

Not surprising at all. The one thing our sports media love more than themselves is absolutely shitting on this city's teams.

Pookie
09-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I think this speaks to the changing nature of the Leafs target market.

Face it, a Leaf ticket is a corporate ticket. Prices are geared toqards this. The "Gondola" or "Lounge" or "Club" experience has all been about taking clients out to games. This is not marketed to Pookie and Pookie JR having a father son night out.

Given changing business laws and ethical codes of conduct, this client "entertainment" is now taboo in some pretty big markets. With this market declining, they are left to try to convince the non corporate audience that a couple of hundred bucks on a game and sushi, served to me in some fancy surrounds is worth it.

It isn't. And this declining corporate base will only get worse, IMO

stugautz
09-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Is that a hockey rink way off in the back ground???

Yes, it was taken during the playoffs. Notice the absence of hockey on the ice.

ag futbol
09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
How MLSE gets away with this tied selling is beyond me. I guess they just don't have the balls to outright raise the prices on the tickets people want so they attach products people aren't interested in to the main ticket. The obvious example is TFC-Marlies, but they did the same thing with the Leafs-Raptors before. Long story short, those tickets are going to hit the re-sale market and hurt primary TFC ticket holders, gate sales, and the overall atmosphere at BMO.

In terms of Leaf ticket demand, let's not kid ourselves here. The state of their market is generally reduced, but TFC is clearly the throw-in product used to backdoor a price increase in Leaf Tickets.

MartinUtd
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes, it was taken during the playoffs. Notice the absence of hockey on the ice.

LOL.. well played.

On a related note, it looks like they're doing a FREE draw on wagjag

https://www.wagjag.com/?wagjag=39682

DangerRed
09-29-2011, 02:41 PM
LOL.. well played.

85% renewals my ass.

ensco
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I have Leaf tickets and I can categorially say that demand for greens and purples is strong, but demand for reds and golds (or any ticket costing more than $100) is weak.

Also Leafs tickets sell very well in September. My 10 year old came home from school with this joke:

Q: What do the Leafs and the Titanic have in common?
A: Everything looks good until they hit the ice.

nfitz
09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
they should be same price as South End. They had rediculous prices since they built that North End stand. They wont fill it untill they start selling them at more like $20-$25 a seat.Wow ... talk about a tough audinece. TFC is dropping light blue from $45 a game in 2011 to $29 a game for 2012 (taking the season ticket price and dividing by 19). And still it's not enough? Personally I think seasons here will sell out at those prices.

SmokedPanda
09-29-2011, 07:01 PM
LOL.. well played.

the photo they used must have been taken in 2008 since everybody looks so happy and the place looks packed

Auzzy
09-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow ... talk about a tough audinece. TFC is dropping light blue from $45 a game in 2011 to $29 a game for 2012 (taking the season ticket price and dividing by 19). And still it's not enough? Personally I think seasons here will sell out at those prices.

I think it's a good idea that they dropped the north end prices back down roughly to where they were in the previous year, when they didn't sell season's tickets in that area yet -- pricing was between light-grey & mid-grey. I don't feel like giving them much praise for that though, because frankly the 2011 prices for that section were a joke. They milked the bitter end of their waiting list dry on that section, and still didn't sell many light blue season's tickets.

Yes there's a good chance that the light blue/north end seats will sell very well this year -- not necessarily because they're such a great value, but because there are now four price levels more expensive than light blue, with an even worse value proposition. Many people will want to downgrade/relocate to light blue, and there should be plenty of room in that section.

But I'm also worried there might be shenanigans, where not all the available light blue & other cheaper seats are made available for the relocation events. They've already got us current SSHers in the bag after we renew; it must be much harder to sell the more expensive seats to brand new SSH'ers. (Who the heck would be interested in TFC, that didn't already purchase season tickets?)

TorontoPat
09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I think it's a good idea that they dropped the north end prices back down roughly to where they were in the previous year, when they didn't sell season's tickets in that area yet -- pricing was between light-grey & mid-grey. I don't feel like giving them much praise for that though, because frankly the 2011 prices for that section were a joke. They milked the bitter end of their waiting list dry on that section, and still didn't sell many light blue season's tickets.

Yes there's a good chance that the light blue/north end seats will sell very well this year -- not necessarily because they're such a great value, but because there are now four price levels more expensive than light blue, with an even worse value proposition. Many people will want to downgrade/relocate to light blue, and there should be plenty of room in that section.

But I'm also worried there might be shenanigans, where not all the available light blue & other cheaper seats are made available for the relocation events. They've already got us current SSHers in the bag after we renew; it must be much harder to sell the more expensive seats to brand new SSH'ers. (Who the heck would be interested in TFC, that didn't already purchase season tickets?)
Exactly. If the team was much improved and playoff bound they may have gotten renewed interest. Other than that, there isn't much hope for increased attendance unless the price drops all over the stadium. The longer they wait the harder it will be to win the high numbers back.

ag futbol
09-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Wow ... talk about a tough audinece. TFC is dropping light blue from $45 a game in 2011 to $29 a game for 2012 (taking the season ticket price and dividing by 19). And still it's not enough? Personally I think seasons here will sell out at those prices.
Honestly I don't think they will. The reason they are lowering the price that far tells us something about ticket demand in the first place.

If MLSE had foresight they would have realized it was too early game to get so aggressive with raising prices. If they had treated the customers they had initially better, maybe they'd be benefiting right now with people holding onto their tickets despite the poor quality of the team.

Instead they are in a perpetual state of sales & marketing trying to jam leafs fans with TFC tickets, cutting prices, etc...

Get ready for the TFC hot-dog and t-shirt package

james
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM

well its good to see they are lowerring the prices. But why shouldnt North End tickets be close in prices with the South End tickets? oh wait right North End seats have a cup holder, oh ya sure thats a good reason.

james
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Honestly I don't think they will. The reason they are lowering the price that far tells us something about ticket demand in the first place.

If MLSE had foresight they would have realized it was too early game to get so aggressive with raising prices. If they had treated the customers they had initially better, maybe they'd be benefiting right now with people holding onto their tickets despite the poor quality of the team.

Instead they are in a perpetual state of sales & marketing trying to jam leafs fans with TFC tickets, cutting prices, etc...

Get ready for the TFC hot-dog and t-shirt package

tottally agree. I think many fans feel theyve been used and abused and couldnt give a shit about trying to be loyal customers anymore.

nfitz
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
well its good to see they are lowerring the prices. But why shouldnt North End tickets be close in prices with the South End tickets? oh wait right North End seats have a cup holder, oh ya sure thats a good reason.The elevation in the North really lets you see the game much better than in the south. I've been at the bottom of both, and I've been at the top of both. Definitely better than yellow at $19. And definitely better than light-grey at $21. They've priced it right between light-grey and medium-grey ($34). I think I'd have priced them at $27 personally ...

... but they are cheap enough I'm actually tempted to trade in my light-grey if I could grab a good light-blue. Not sure I would ... but I'm actually tempted.