PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs Pumas Pre-Match Thread: A must win situation!

ManUtd4ever
09-23-2011, 09:16 AM
The most significant match in franchise history is on the horizon, and anything less than a victory will put TFC's chances of advancing to the CCL knockout stage in serious jeopardy. The task will be even more difficult without the services of Frings, Avila, and Dunfield.

I hope Winter will rest most of the key players against Chivas that are eligible to play on Tuesday in anticipation of this crucial match.

---------------Frei---------------

Eckersley---Harden---Iro---Morgan

-----DeGuzman-----Sturgis--------

------------Marosevic-------------

Soolsma-------------------Johnson

-----------Koevermans------------

:scarf:

Dunkers
09-23-2011, 10:21 AM
No Frings?!?! Did I miss something? Cards or Injury?

BuSaPuNk
09-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Accumulation of cards.

reggie
09-23-2011, 10:30 AM
he got a yellow on the 90th min on that asswipe freekick call to stinson.

redcard
09-23-2011, 10:30 AM
he got a yellow on the 90th min on that asswipe freekick call to stinson.

i thought that yellow was for stinson?

ensco
09-23-2011, 10:32 AM
The most significant match in franchise history is on the horizon

This bummed me out. Not sure it's true, but even the fact that it's a reasonable opinion to hold....

reggie
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
i thought that yellow was for stinson?
i saw it on the concrap site...

Yohan
09-23-2011, 10:41 AM
lol. so screwed if Frings is not available for tues

BuSaPuNk
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't think were completely screwed. I think if Harden and Iro have learned from Frings being back there the last few games they should be able to control the backline a little better than before. We just have to hope that whoever is slotted in that sweeper role can elevate there game. Probably a good idea to put DeGuzman in that role?

Carts
09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
If Frings is out - I really don't like our chances...

He's only one player, but he makes everyone on the pitch better...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-23-2011, 12:16 PM
]If Frings is out[/B] - I really don't like our chances...

He's only one player, but he makes everyone on the pitch better...

can anyone confirm this??

PopePouri
09-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Kocic said so on the Soccer Show.

Kaz
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM
According to the Concacaf site Frings has 4 yellows.
Two of which are in the group stage.

I think a suspension for two yellow cards in the stage is stupid, particularly with all the diving that happens.

Any player to accumulate two single yellow cards in two different matches in the CCL is suspended for the following game. Thereafter, each time a player accumulates two single yellow cards in two different matches, he will be suspended for the following game with the exception that single cautions will be eliminated at the end of the Group Stage and at the end of the Championship Round.

Darlofletch
09-23-2011, 12:33 PM
frings being out is a serious blow. do we stick with the 'sweeper' plan using someone else? or just go back to the 4-3-3. is there anyone else that could play that role, iro harden and henry as 3 cb's? doesn't sound ideal.

not a must win game at all. it would make things easier, but a point is all we need to make sure the dallas game means something.

Oldtimer
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
The boys could just pull this off, but it will take a total effort, combined with some mistakes by Pumas.

Winter will definitely need to play 5 in the back so that our defense doesn't get torn apart like last time. There is no substitute for Frings, but I would play Dunfield instead of JDG back there. I would rather have JDG contributing to our attack.

--------------Kocic---------------

Eckersley---Harden---Iro---Morgan

------------Dunfield--------------

------------DeGuzman------------

------------Marosevic-------------

Soolsma-------------------Johnson

-----------Koevermans------------

redcard
09-23-2011, 01:00 PM
This match summary does not indicate any yellows were issued to Frings...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2011-09-20-toronto-fc-vs-tauro/stats

Couchy81
09-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Gonna be rough, but we can do it with discipline at both ends. Hoping Marosevic gets another one of those wicked long range shots that fools the keeper.

Canary10
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Shows it here:

http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/Schedule/0,,12856,00.html

Canary10
09-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Apparently it's confirmed Frings is out for Pumas due to yellow card accumulation. Damn that's a big blow.

jazzy
09-23-2011, 03:02 PM
No Frings?!?! Did I miss something? Cards or Injury?

the jinx is complete....they get us diving or impossible ref'ing

ecospice
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Dunfield and Yourassowsky are both suspended due to cards, too.

Ageroo
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM
I thought that card was to Stinson as per the announcer....guess he messed that up.

swan
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
park the fucking bus on this one..

Lennon
09-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Are you guys sure Frings is suspended for this? I just saw the Tauro 'game in an hour' and it didn't look like Frings was booked at the end. Stinson was the one that commited the foul, so unless Frings was booked for dissent (I didn't see it), he should be good to go on Tuesday ..

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Are you guys sure Frings is suspended for this? I just saw the Tauro 'game in an hour' and it didn't look like Frings was booked at the end. Stinson was the one that commited the foul, so unless Frings was booked for dissent (I didn't see it), he should be good to go on Tuesday ..

asifintoronto Asif Hossain
@
@TobiasVaughn @torontofc It's confirmed now that Frings, Dunfield and Yourassowsky are suspended for Pumas.

beating them is hard enough...without frings running the show....gona a need a huge effort!

TFCREDNWHITE
09-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Frings is out!?

Fu,k my life!

TFCREDNWHITE
09-23-2011, 11:28 PM
And on top of it all, pumas is playing every single 1st team all star they got!

TFCDP
09-24-2011, 05:50 AM
So we really need Tauro to get a result against Dallas.. Setting up a must win situation when TFC goes to Dallas.. Even though we would need some help from Tauro, I think this scenerio is more realistic... Really can't see Pumas as beatable.

FIAF
09-24-2011, 09:33 AM
And on top of it all, pumas is playing every single 1st team all star they got!

Not really, I heard they are missing their top GK.

brad
09-24-2011, 09:52 AM
TFC confirmed on twitter (official account) that Frings is out.

TFCDP
09-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Not really, I heard they are missing their top GK.

haha.. They could stick a water bottle in net and they'd still win 3-1.

Empirical
09-24-2011, 12:56 PM
park the fucking bus on this one..

wow. giving up before the whistle blows. typical. noone needs to see that in regular font size.

here is a link to the pumas forum: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1140

trane
09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
It is not giving up. We need points, and we need to prevent them giving points. They showed us that they can attack and score, and we are missing our best player, parking the bus is not giving up it is employing the strategy that is most likely to give us point. Further if we play with 9 men back, and Kovermans upfront he has enough to bag one or two on his own, if we can get the ball to him, on the long ball and the counter. SO PARK THE FUCKING BUS. GRIND SOME POINTS OUT.

Darlofletch
09-24-2011, 02:17 PM
It is not giving up. We need points, and we need to prevent them giving points. They showed us that they can attack and score, and we are missing our best player, parking the bus is not giving up it is employing the strategy that is most likely to give us point. Further if we play with 9 men back, and Kovermans upfront he has enough to bag one or two on his own, if we can get the ball to him, on the long ball and the counter. SO PARK THE FUCKING BUS. GRIND SOME POINTS OUT.

exactly. not saying I 100% agree, but parking the bus is not giving up. there's nothing wrong with playing defensively, especially when against a more skilled team that will kill you if you try and go toe to toe with them.

GlenM
09-24-2011, 06:05 PM
This team blew us away.

Stuff them.

Play to win the game.

Attack...go for it, all in.

Keep the discipline, careful on the counters, Danny K has been huge.

Man up, play as a team win or lose.

Kosic has been a pleasant surprise.

Back 4 need to be solid.

We need to win big time.

GlenM

Carts
09-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Frings should shave his head, grow a dirty duster stache, and play under some name from the academy side!

Might work... lol

Carts... :D

flatpicker
09-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Cheer up folks; TFC is gonna win 20 games next season!

GlenM
09-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Frings should shave his head, grow a dirty duster stache, and play under some name from the academy side!

Might work... lol

Carts... :D

Nice...

:drinking:

GlenM

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2011, 07:24 PM
only game that matters....see you fooookers tuesday!!!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-24-2011, 07:25 PM
we should pack in at shooless..nice and early...fule up...and get ready for the biggest game we have ever been in!

swan
09-24-2011, 08:46 PM
wow. giving up before the whistle blows. typical. noone needs to see that in regular font size.

here is a link to the pumas forum: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1140

what playing defensive is giving up?..

you can keep going to the pumas forum..

TFCREDNWHITE
09-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Who's the ref for the pumas game?

TFCDP
09-25-2011, 05:36 AM
At the moment, the weather network says 90% chance of thunderstorms for Tuesday.. I'm sure that will change though... I hope.

LesH
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Here's my take on our chances in this game:

- if Pumas will approach it with the same mentality and lineup like the game TFC had in Mexico (and in this case it's obvious that they give importance to CCL too!) no way in hell that we have a chance to win. If TFC we'll produce it's best showing since it's existence, we can get an equal.

- if Pumas will have there best lineup, but still don't consider CCL of something of real importance, and they quieted there fan base after the last better few games in the championship and CCL, a TFC win may be possible, but just if they play one of the best games since the franchise's existence

- if Pumas will play they second string lineup (I'll highly doubt this!) a TFC win is very probable

It's simple as that guys!

FluSH
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
only game that matters....see you fooookers tuesday!!!

You got it!

TFCREDNWHITE
09-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Remember tfc drew cruz azul in mexico!! And we beat cruz azul here at home! Anything is possible.

Tuesday night, our warriors go into battle, a battle that nobody expects them to win, some say it's suicide, but march on they must! with all their might they will try to remove the sword from the rock and strike a deadly blow through the heart of the puma!

This is sppaarrta!!! This is war!!

Come on you REDS!!

TFCREDNWHITE
09-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Fight fight fight fight for what you believe in!

Im proud of going into this battle with all you other red n white supporters, you all make me proud to be a Toronto FC die hard, we are all in this together!

Much love

Red Rat
09-26-2011, 08:38 AM
This team blew us away.

Stuff them.

Play to win the game.

Attack...go for it, all in.

Keep the discipline, careful on the counters, Danny K has been huge.

Man up, play as a team win or lose.

Kosic has been a pleasant surprise.

Back 4 need to be solid.

We need to win big time.

GlenM
Sorry Glen you mean the back 3, which in reality is only 2 1/2

Empirical
09-26-2011, 11:44 AM
you think people should go to their hotel and make noise?

are one of you gonna pull the fire alarm?

Auzzy
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
you think people should go to their hotel and make noise?

are one of you gonna pull the fire alarm?

E. coli

Just sayin'

:D

Lennon
09-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Great news guys !

Vazquez Hints At Bench Players
Club America derby could keep Pumas from playing top players Tuesday. (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/09/vazquez-hints-bench-players)

It's still going to be a really tough game but I like our chances a lot better now ..

Auzzy
09-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Great news guys !

Vazquez Hints At Bench Players
Club America derby could keep Pumas from playing top players Tuesday. (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/09/vazquez-hints-bench-players)

It's still going to be a really tough game but I like our chances a lot better now ..

Yes, that would be good, but as said before, he may just be messing with us, and may still put in an almost full-strength lineup... perhaps with hopes to sub a few players out early if they get some quick goals.

FIAF
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Attending.

Lennon
09-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Yes, that would be good, but as said before, he may just be messing with us, and may still put in an almost full-strength lineup... perhaps with hopes to sub a few players out early if they get some quick goals.

Yea, maybe, but I don't think so ..
Having said that, our midfield is a huge concern for me ...
Who's gonna start ?
Yourassowsky - JDG - Marosevic ? Yikes .. :/

ManUtd4ever
09-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Yea, maybe, but I don't think so ..
Having said that, our midfield is a huge concern for me ...
Who's gonna start ?
Yourassowsky - JDG - Marosevic ? Yikes .. :/

Yourassowsky is suspended along with Frings and Dunfield. I suspect that JDG and Sturgis will start at DM, and Marosevic will start at AM.

starter
09-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Yourassowsky is suspended along with Frings and Dunfield. I suspect that JDG and Sturgis will start at DM, and Marosevic will start at AM.

Perhaps Stinson instead of Sturgis?

Lennon
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Yea, I can see that. Sturgis hasn't played in so long though .. but our other options don't look much better. JDG is going to have to play out of his skin ..

ManUtd4ever
09-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Perhaps Stinson instead of Sturgis?

Actually, Stinson might be a better choice.

ManUtd4ever
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Yea, I can see that. Sturgis hasn't played in so long though .. but our other options don't look much better. JDG is going to have to play out of his skin ..

Yeah, JDG will definitely have to bring his "A" game tomorrow. On a positive note, he has been a standout on the pitch more often than not since he has returned from injured reserve, and when the stakes are high, it usually brings out the best in him.

starter
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd love to see Martina in the lineup, he has got talent, badly in need of attitude adjustment IMO.

prizby
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
maybe some pumas players will have some passport issues :)

mexicans have to apply for visas nowadays when coming to Canada.

MartinUtd
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Actually, Stinson might be a better choice.

I really like what I'm seeing from this kid. IMO he's been more impressive than Sturgis, Yourass & even Dunfield. Plus the cast gives me flash backs to the glory days of two time Slammy Award winner Owen Hart.

golasogolaso
09-26-2011, 04:11 PM
@asifintoronto
Asif Hossain
Winter: "tomorrow I'm going to start Milos (Kocic)" .. #TFC #TorontoFC #CCL #MLS
1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Interesting....no confidence in Frei???

Auzzy
09-26-2011, 04:20 PM
@asifintoronto
Asif Hossain
Winter: "tomorrow I'm going to start Milos (Kocic)" .. #TFC #TorontoFC #CCL #MLS
1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Interesting....no confidence in Frei???

Frei also got banged around a bit again on the weekend. And he looked a bit weak on crosses -- got caught in no-mans land a few times. Who knows.

Of course, saying he'll start Kocic, doesn't necessarily mean "no confidence in Frei." Maybe just a bit more confidence in Kocic at the moment; or the injuries. Nice to have two good keepers.

J .
09-26-2011, 04:55 PM
If TFC's defense can hold up and the side not let Pumas dominate the the centre third of the park, its not unfeasible for the Reds to pull this one out. Again it will take a very strong effort from our full/wingbacks to be able to control the ball as it seems every time we win Morgan/Eckersley are dominating out there. Id like Ryan Johnson to have a big game, he hasnt been the same player since he first started I think.

2-1 TFC

Johnson and JDG for TFC.

Yohan
09-26-2011, 04:58 PM
If TFC's defense can hold up and the side not let Pumas dominate the the centre third of the park, its not unfeasible for the Reds to pull this one out. Again it will take a very strong effort from our full/wingbacks to be able to control the ball as it seems every time we win Morgan/Eckersley are dominating out there. Also, while Frings has been great in many games, he will really need to put in a world class effort to hold the team together early and if TFC gets up a goal and its late, provide the leadership to carry the side through. Id like Ryan Johnson to have a big game, he hasnt been the same player since he first started I think.

2-1 TFC

Johnson and JDG for TFC.you missed out on the news that Frings is suspended for the game

AlanO
09-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Slim pickings in midfield. If Plata's available, maybe something like this?

------------Kocic-------------
Ecks---Harden----Iro---Morgan
-----Stinson---------JDG------
-----------Johnson------------
Soolsma------------------Plata
---------Koevermans----------

I'd rather have Henry than Iro but doubt that will happen.

Martina's pace would be great but he constantly paints himself into a corner.

QSIM
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Definitely gonna have to sit and wait for 1-2 chances that might fall our way on the counter.

Park the bus? We might have to...

J .
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
you missed out on the news that Frings is suspended for the game

ya man, I just posted it and realized Herr Frings would not be suiting up for us.

Big time loss. He is so vital to our side.

Canary10
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Like that prediction though J.!

Dkolish3
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
1-0 Toronto FC wins

Off a JDG goal that probably should have been called back.

denime
09-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Slim pickings in midfield. If Plata's available, maybe something like this?

------------Kocic-------------
Ecks---Harden----Iro---Morgan
-----Stinson---------JDG------
-----------Johnson------------
Soolsma------------------Plata ?
---------Koevermans----------

I'd rather have Henry than Iro but doubt that will happen.

Martina's pace would be great but he constantly paints himself into a corner.

Plata is out for another week or two.Maybe Martina get the chance again.

nascarguy
09-27-2011, 05:59 AM
i have a felling that we are going to lose 5 -2.

Fort York Redcoat
09-27-2011, 06:29 AM
^I've never trusted your fellings.

TFC 2-1

Shakes McQueen
09-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Heart says 2-1 TFC, gut says 2-0 Pumas. Heart says we score a questionable goal, followed by a late poacher's goal from Koov. Gut says we start off with a stronger defensive effort for a while, but eventually our lack of quality at the back gets exposed more than once.

Not having Frings is likely going to be damaging to our chances. He's vital to our defense - a defense that is shaky at the best of times.

This will come down to what kind of team Pumas fields, I think.

- Scott

__wowza
09-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Attending.

whew. that's a load off my mind!!

TFCREDNWHITE
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
2-1 TF muthafuckin C!

Come on you REDS!
Actually, nah bump that....3-1 TFC!!!

Koevermans with a brace and Soolsma with the other!

maninb
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
We lose 3-0....nobody to feed the forwards....

bman27
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM
seeing as I don't speak spanish I could be wrong but saw this on twitter
JoaoPlata10 Joao Plata
Hoy juega! toronto fc vs pumas! por concacaf ! Vamos toronto! Plays today toronto fc vs pumas ! Concacaf !we toronto

I ran it and got

Plays today! toronto fc vs pumas! CONCACAF! We toronto! Toronto fc vs Plays pumas today! Concacaf! We toronto

now could any of our spanish speaking friends want to clarify this? cause it would be great to have plata in tonight if this is the case

billyfly
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM
John 3:16

nascarguy
09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
^I've never trusted your fellings.

TFC 2-1
sorry I had the same felling about last saturday game and it turn out to be right.

I think there will only be 7000 to 8000 at tonights game

Darlofletch
09-27-2011, 09:36 AM
seeing as I don't speak spanish I could be wrong but saw this on twitter
JoaoPlata10 Joao Plata
Hoy juega! toronto fc vs pumas! por concacaf ! Vamos toronto! Plays today toronto fc vs pumas ! Concacaf !we toronto

I ran it and got

Plays today! toronto fc vs pumas! CONCACAF! We toronto! Toronto fc vs Plays pumas today! Concacaf! We toronto

now could any of our spanish speaking friends want to clarify this? cause it would be great to have plata in tonight if this is the case

armenjbx has an interview with plata where plata says he's ready to go. I'd link it but who knows what's allowed these days, it's in the blogs thread, or on rednationonline.

I'm a bit sceptical, I figure he's young and enthusiastic, wants to play and thinks he's ready, but whether the medical and coaching staff agree is a different thing. hopefully he'll come on as at least a sub.

would be great if he could start, allow johnson to move to AM, othersie it'll probably be marosevic there, which is a bit underwhelming really isn't it.

bgnewf
09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Hopefully someone more math-inclined than myself can clarify the scenarios here for me. If Dallas beats Tauro tonight then they are automatically through into the knockout stages because they will have ten points and they have the head to head results over us and Pumas to get them through.

If we beat Pumas we are still alive.

And if then we beat Dallas (a club that might have nothing to play for against us next month) we are through?

Are there any other circumstances that would see us through other than winning out? Are we technically still alive with say a draw tonight??

rocker
09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
So are the Mexicans gonna be feeling chilly tonight? I mean, it might be rainy... and it might be "only" 18 degrees in the evening. Tauro guys were wearing gloves and some wanted to wear pants according to PB on twitter. Home field advantage!!! ;)

ArmenJBX
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Yes, I've spoken to Plata regarding tonight's match:

His recent injury to his hamstring sidelined him for a few games, but Plata is now back.

“I’m feeling much better, I have nothing really.”

“It depends on my coach to play me, otherwise I’m ready to play on Tuesday and to help the team win this game against Pumas.”

Plata is visibly excited for the game. The typical clichés was thrown out the window – he is passionate and raring to go.

“I know it’s going to be very, very difficult. I’m fired up to play against Pumas and I have a lot of desire to win – we’ve got to win! Si porque si!”

MartinUtd
09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
^^^ Was just about to say I saw an article on Red Nation that says he's ready to play. It must have been yours.

TFC1154ever
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Hopefully someone more math-inclined than myself can clarify the scenarios here for me. If Dallas beats Tauro tonight then they are automatically through into the knockout stages because they will have ten points and they have the head to head results over us and Pumas to get them through.

And if then we beat Dallas (a club that might have nothing to play for against us next month) we are through?

Are there any other circumstances that would see us through other than winning out? Are we technically still alive with say a draw tonight??

If we tie tonight and Dallas wins, we would have to beat dallas by 2 goals to beat them on tiebreaker (or hope that pumas ties or loses to Tauro).

Technorgasm
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
The Norb is in. . . . . for a TFC WIN!

anyone else see DERO scores the fastest hat trick in MLS history?
ya. . . . we could use him tonight.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM
If you think about it, this is as close to a playoff game as we're likely to get. I pretty pumped. 2-1, Stinson scores one. He's a had a few good looking strikes.

TFCDP
09-27-2011, 12:46 PM

I thought if we lose tonight, Dallas would have to lose or tie Tauro tomorrow setting up a must win when TFC plays Dallas.. Could be wrong.

Darlofletch
09-27-2011, 01:04 PM

9 possible combos this week, this is what we need to do to finish above dallas.

tfc win, dallas win - tfc 9 dallas-10. we need to win in dallas.
tfc win, dallas lose -tfc 9,dallas - 7, we need a tie in dallas
tfc win, dallas tie, tfc-9, dallas- 8, we need a tie in dallas.

tfc tie, dallas win, tfc 7, dallas - 10, we need a win by more than 1-0 (2-1 or 3-2 means we go thru)
tfc tie, dallas tie, tfc 7 dallas 8, we need a win by any score
tfc tie, dallas lose, tfc 7 dallas 7, we need a win by any score

tfc lose, dallas win - tfc 6, dallas 10, we're screwed.
tfc lose, dallas tie, tfc 6, dallas 8, need a win by any score
tfc lose, dallas lose, tfc 6, dallas 7, need a win by any score.

so, as long as either us or tauro get a point, we're still in it up to mid october.

J .
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Basically TFC needs to win its next two games against proven sides. Which TFC will show up? The one that won in Columbus or that got embarassed vs Chivas?

Seems one solid effort was cancelled by an embarassing one.

Therefore these matches are two big character tests for the team. I think how we play in these two upcomming matches will shape my perspective going forward.

The players assembled, according to some have played much better since arriving and while I feel it is a sample size of occasional positive efforts mixed with equally poor outings, we need results when it counts to truly say this team is turning a corner. Its one thing to win when the season is over, its another when it counts.

Getting two massive wins will in my books be a true indicator of a team that deserves to be considered as improving. I can only base my opinion on the teams future based on past results.

Hopefully in a few weeks Ill be on board with believing once again, but the history of this team does not bode well for that.

pyppurs
09-27-2011, 06:07 PM
asifintoronto (http://twitter.com/#%21/asifintoronto) Asif Hossain

Palencia and Bravo are not in the Pumas lineup tonight. Lots of high numbers (subs) to start .. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC) #TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TorontoFC) #CCL (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CCL) #MLS (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23MLS)

1 minute ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/asifintoronto/status/118823534326853632)

pyppurs
09-27-2011, 06:20 PM
blogdemls (http://twitter.com/#%21/blogdemls) Facu
Los 11 de Pumas para hoy: : Patiño; Verón; Palacios; Cabrera; Teja; De Buen; Vera; Quñónes; Castro; Herrera e Izazola. #CCL (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CCL) #MLS (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23MLS)

3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/blogdemls/status/118825988422508544)

#TorontoFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TorontoFC) XI: Kocic; Eckersley, Harden, Iro, Morgan; de Guzman, Stinson, Marosevic; Soolsma, Koevermans, Johnson .. #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC) #CCL (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23CCL) #MLS (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23MLS)

14 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/torontofc/status/118823169162358785)

Brooker
09-27-2011, 06:20 PM
ffffffffffffffuck setanta! i shouldn't have to stream my local teams games!

daner90
09-27-2011, 06:31 PM
ya no idea why this one is on setanta. Someone post some streams

Island Man
09-27-2011, 06:32 PM
substitutes: Frei; Henry, Borman, Gold, Sturgis, Martina, Omphroy ..

TOBOR !
09-27-2011, 06:45 PM
http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LiveSchedule

T-boy
09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Kocic over Frei is an interesting one?!

mowe
09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Nice to see Omphroy on the bench. First time this season I believe.

TOBOR !
09-27-2011, 06:59 PM
CONCACAF TV feed has started

ArmenJBX
09-27-2011, 07:02 PM
What the Fuck???
This is on Setanta Sports?

You have GOT to be kidding me. Rogers is hearing about this. I've purchased like 10 channels just for TFC games, and now they put it on YET ANOTHER channel.

Well fuck them. I'll stream it, and they can shove their premium sports channels where it don't shine.

TOBOR !
09-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Pumas is all kids

Azerban
09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
What the Fuck???
This is on Setanta Sports?

You have GOT to be kidding me. Rogers is hearing about this. I've purchased like 10 channels just for TFC games, and now they put it on YET ANOTHER channel.

Well fuck them. I'll stream it, and they can shove their premium sports channels where it don't shine.

CONCACAF owns the rights, I don't think TFC can just hand them out iirc

Nerepis
09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the feed Tobor, or is it Mr. Great

Pyeddo
09-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Don't feel bad, Setanta's feed just went down lol

TOBOR !
09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the feed Tobor, or is it Mr. Great

Mr. Great is my Dad - Tobor is fine.

:)

TOBOR !
09-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Fuck me - those 'Puto' shouts for Kocic are loud.