PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nuvinho
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
uh oh.....come out tomorrow!

Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/#!/Paulbeirne) Paul Beirne

Also Season seat renewal info arrives tomorrow via email. You can win that very cool TFC Kia Sportage!

TFC Cityboy
09-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Let's see how much MLSE took on board at the meetings last falll re payment options, what to include etc...

kodiakTFC
09-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Well we're assuming theres a price freeze but add in 1 more game because of Montreal. Maybe even two because didn't they comp us a game?

Flint
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Ya count me out.

DichioTFC
09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll be downgrading from light gray to yellow. If no yellows are made available, I wont be renewing and I'll just pick up cheaper tickets second hand.

Shakes McQueen
09-19-2011, 09:02 PM
As single match tickets become more and more available, MLSE are going to have to make a more and more persuasive argument as to why people should bother paying the hundreds of dollars up front for a season ticket.

Of course, I suppose if the team manages to find success and the stands start to fill out again, some of those people dropping their season seats might regret essentially moving to the back of the line.

I'm content to pick up single tickets here and there, when I can make it. MLSE are going to have to steer this team to success before I will enthusiastically give them my money again.

- Scott

Suds
09-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Love my seats but it's depressing to be a SSH holder and see constant promos and secondary market selling your same section seats well below what I pay. At ~$1,000 a pop for my seats it gets hard to justify.

TFC Cityboy
09-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Love my seats but it's depressing to be a SSH holder and see constant promos and secondary market selling your same section seats well below what I pay. At ~$1,000 a pop for my seats it gets hard to justify.

If I weren't in yellows I'd be gone for sure. As it is it's only tthe friends I have made thru TFC and especially in 115 that keep me coming back.

MLSE ownership is killing this franchise.

pdogg
09-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I'll be downgrading from light gray to yellow. If no yellows are made available, I wont be renewing and I'll just pick up cheaper tickets second hand.

How do you downgrade before renewal? I've only ever been able to downgrade at the relocation events.

Kooper
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Of course, I suppose if the team manages to find success and the stands start to fill out again, some of those people dropping their season seats might regret essentially moving to the back of the line.
- Scott

I really doubt that if we start winning the crowds will come back right away. The managment has left a taint on the team that will take a few winning seasons before it starts to fill up again.

This is one of the cases where it is going to be 10x more expensive to find a new customer than keep us.

DichioTFC
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
How do you downgrade before renewal? I've only ever been able to downgrade at the relocation events.

That's what I meant, downgrade at the relocation.

Suds
09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
If I weren't in yellows I'd be gone for sure. As it is it's only tthe friends I have made thru TFC and especially in 115 that keep me coming back.

MLSE ownership is killing this franchise.

Yeah, I still love game day and going to the games. Also, I'm most likely going to renew.

It just sucks as a SSH to see tix pretty much the same as yours going for much less. Makes you wonder why one would cough up the cash when you could probably save yourself 20% on the cost of tix by not being a SSH.

DichioTFC
09-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I really doubt that if we start winning the crowds will come back right away. The managment has left a taint on the team that will take a few winning seasons before it starts to fill up again.

This is one of the cases where it is going to be 10x more expensive to find a new customer than keep us.

Agreed. The newness is gone and the appeal has disappeared for the casual fan. To me, the only hope TFC has of recapturing past glory is to work with the SGs, as opposed to against them. Unfortunately, they view themselves as already bending over backwards so it appears as though we're at an impasse.

Sidenote: I would love to see an agenda of what they're planning to spoon feed us. If its just stuff from the red book, I'll pass.

habstfc
09-19-2011, 09:43 PM
We've heard the same discontent the last couple of years now. I notice people piss and moan but end up renewing anyways. Once this team gets into your blood it's pretty much here to stay. I know there will be people that don't renew but most of us will despite what some of us say. I haven't looked forward to the following season as much as I do for next year. There are some very positive signs as of late to suggest that we will be a playoff team next year once the backline is fixed and I'm confident it will be.

The only thing that concerns me with myself renewing is the unbalanced schedule we seem to get every year. I'm tired of the constant front end loading of the shedule , If I knew that it would happen again I might not renew. I want a game every other weekend like every other soccer league in the world and not huge gaps between games or lots of games packed together.

Kevvv
09-19-2011, 10:00 PM
We've heard the same discontent the last couple of years now. I notice people piss and moan but end up renewing anyways. Once this team gets into your blood it's pretty much here to stay. I know there will be people that don't renew but most of us will despite what some of us say. I haven't looked forward to the following season as much as I do for next year. There are some very positive signs as of late to suggest that we will be a playoff team next year once the backline is fixed and I'm confident it will be.

The only thing that concerns me with myself renewing is the unbalanced schedule we seem to get every year. I'm tired of the constant front end loading of the shedule , If I knew that it would happen again I might not renew. I want a game every other weekend like every other soccer league in the world and not huge gaps between games or lots of games packed together.

I think we'll see more people in the expensive seats (and scalpers) drop some tickets. The guy next to me has two pair and makes it to half the games lately. Seats go unused on nice days, never mind a near-zero March evening with a gale blowing off the lake. There just aren't 20,000 people willing to sit in the shit game after game.

And you're absolutely right about the unbalanced schedule. There should be fewer games in Toronto in March & April, not a third of the season.

Auzzy
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM

Which "people" exactly? In fact, many already haven't renewed, or have renewed fewer seats, or have downgraded. That's why they burned through the complete waiting list at the end of the last season -- and that alone makes this renewal period very different from all the previous ones for the club.

Results have been mostly awful this season, so many more are now considering not to renew. All those extra empty seats this season, even if many are in fact sold to SSH's, represent people who might be having second thoughts about next season. Yes results have improved lately, and MAY continue to get better through the end of the season -- on the other hand, with tickets available for individual games all over the place, often at a big discount, you've got a whole new reason for many people not to renew.

WestStandGeoff
09-19-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic the prices will come down a bit. Either that, or they're setting management up for some beatings at the town halls next week.

billyfly
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Out of the 4 of us in 112, I am the only one renewing and I have to decide if I keep my 1 or grab another for 2.

kodiakTFC
09-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I'll look to downgrade from light grey to yellow. My only issue is whether the sight line at the top of 111 is worth paying for rather than sitting in 116-118 (aka the deadzone).

menefreghista
09-20-2011, 05:34 AM
I think we are just going to be getting our price freeze. That's it.

MLSE would probably rather sell 10,000 season tickets at current prices than 14,000 at a 30% discount.

Its only after the numbers drop dramatically that they will lower the price. So essentially there will be a 1-year buffer period.

They really are hoping that winning will cure all.

Suds
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
^^
that winning cures all statement will go down as one of the dumbest things said by an exec at MLSE. Sure, short term you'll sell extra tickets. But those buying tix just because the team is winning will atop buying as soon as the team starts losing. Not exactly a strong customer base.

What TFC had was an amazing dedicated fanbase who were ready to fill the stadium game in game out. A series of unprecedented miscalculated decisions has essentially killed off a large portion of that fan base.

Now they hiring a new Marketing guru. I can see their plan now. Tens of thousands of soccer moms with disposable cash are in the GTA. That's who we need to market to. Their kids are future customers. And not one person at MLSE will stand up and say that model has failed in every market in the MLS.

Anyway, enough negativity for today. Got to get myself ready to support the boys on the field tonight.

maninb
09-20-2011, 07:36 AM
I was a STH the first 4 years and dropped them this season...I've seen every game I've wanted to, usually at BELOW COST....MLSE has KILLED the Golden Goose and will have to lower prices if they want to get people back IMO....

Eastend
09-20-2011, 08:08 AM
This is the first season I haven't been upset at missing games...and I've missed about a third and didn't buy CCL. Although I am sad at the situation and maybe it's bad to say as "a supporter" I don't feel bad for not buying them.

As for a balanced schedule, that would be a nice treat wouldn't it?

RedsYNWA
09-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Next year is going to be stellar I will be adding seats

Carefree
09-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Strictly from a monetary point of view, anyone renewing or buying season tickets for next year is essentially buying an insurance policy against the eventuality that demand will increase significantly in the upcoming years. Otherwise it makes no sense, as tickets in 2012 will be readily available at well below face value for just about every game. Even the "premium games" don't really mean anything anymore; I have a friend at work who can't even give away his tickets for the New York game in two weeks.

Personally I have a pair of half-seasons this year and it was really a last-minute decision to buy them last winter when the ticket rep called me. In retrospect if I hadn't bought them I would have gone to a lot fewer games and would have spent a lot less money on tickets.

On the other hand there is always the possibility that the team will start winning next year and that tickets will once again be hard to get (and that the game-day atmosphere will once again be awesome). Not renewing means losing my place in line and potentially missing out on all the fun -- or having to pay a heck of a lot more for it. Hence the insurance metaphore.

JonO
09-20-2011, 08:41 AM
What pdogg is saying is that you have to renew first and then see if it's possible to relocate. You can't choose not to renew based on relocation availability, because that's not known at renewal time...

bones
09-20-2011, 09:00 AM
What pdogg is saying is that you have to renew first and then see if it's possible to relocate. You can't choose not to renew based on relocation availability, because that's not known at renewal time...

This is specifically PB's baby ported over from the Raptors. I got screwed 3 years in a row with the promise that I'd be able to move and end up in the same seats. Year 4 I just said "no thanks". 4 weeks later a new business sales dude calls me and offers better seats for the same price...wow just want I've been asking for.

Moral of the story here gents (just like with Rogers offering free PVR's to switch from bell, and basically say "sorry no promo's for existing customers" ) is that all business' do this to us until they can't afford to get away with it.

Unfortunately, I love this team too much. I've been dying for professional Football in this city for a long time and now that we have it, a stadium that may be a tin can but it OUR home, and real grass to play on... I just can't NOT get tickets.

dupont
09-20-2011, 09:10 AM

You can't do that. You have to first pay to renew your seats and then you get the chance at a relocation only after that is done.

Carts
09-20-2011, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't mind them stretching the pay period again...

5-payments can be easier than 4...

Every little bit helps in keeping goodwill...

This is an easy one, that costs them basically nothing, and spreading the payments helps people out who might be tight each month for cash...

Simple goodwill can go a long way with people...

Ageroo
09-20-2011, 09:24 AM

This is an easy one, that costs them basically nothing, and spreading the payments helps people out who might be tight each month for cash...

+1....I stretched those payments as much as possible. And with my wedding coming up in December, I will be looking to stretch it even more....:)

Nuvinho
09-20-2011, 09:25 AM

2 years ago, they let me do that when I unemployed, but when I asked them about it last year - they said they couldn't do it.

5 payments definitely made it easier on the wallet.

Wagner
09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
I got married last december.
and they were cool with a specialized payment plan.
just call your rep.

a sale is a sale, whether it's 1 payment, 4 payments or 6 payments.

Carts
09-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Its not really for me...

My payment plan is no problem at 4 installments (I pay all at once or twice)...

I'm just trying to think of things they could do - without people asking, to try and show some love to the SSH's...

Especially since the payments come out heading into the holiday season - people will kids wouldn't mind smaller payments I'm sure...

Globetrotter
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Im renewing... next year will be great, and I want first dibs at playoff seats!

Whoop
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
I agree with the stretching of the payments.

I asked for it one year for the hell of it and my rep said no problem.

Been on it since. Don't need to really but having options is nice.

MartinUtd
09-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Next year will be great. I've got more reasons to believe it this time than every other time I've said the same thing. But you know what? I started this racket paying $500 for two light grey's. Now I'm at about $900 for the same tickets plus the CCL option takes me over a grand. Even though I expect demand to raise throughout the year as they perform (supposedly), I still think between friends with ST's and the ticket trader forum I'll have no problem getting to any game outside of LA and NY.

Menelaos
09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Just got off the phone with my rep. They claim they still expect 85% to renew all around, and 100% of the south end. He said there is virtually no chance to go from anywhere into yellow despite the “talk” by many to not renew. He said its “all talk” by people, but in the end they will renew.

If you have seats you like, renew your seats and then if time permits, show up at the relocation just in case but don’t hold your breath.

woolly
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Im renewing... next year will be great, and I want first dibs at playoff seats!

I want some of what he's smoking.

Seriously, I gave up my tickets last year to show my disapproval for the way the team and fans were being handled. I don't think I made the wrong decision, and I'm not interested in paying for anything more than yellows to get back in at this point.

Cashcleaner
09-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm on the fence about renewing next season. It felt like ages to finally get into 112, but I only made it out to four games or so this year because I look after my daughter on weekends. To be honest, my interest in TFC has definitely waned over the past few months for a number of reasons and I don't know what the club can do to bring me back. I WANT to become more involved, but it's not like they are throwing myself and the other supporters any bones here.

__wowza
09-20-2011, 10:14 AM
winning or not winning, i feel MLSE have lost the upper hand on this franchise.. this isn't the hot ticket it used to be. instead of riding the initial momentum for the next several seasons they took advantage of the supporters to the point where many of us thought a price freeze was acceptable.

i didnt believe it was then.
i dont believe it is now.

prices shouldnt have gotten this high to begin with. especially when i've been to 4 games this season for UNDER $45 IN TOTAL from either scalpers, you guys, or my work. why would i pay more for seasons tickets? the convenience of not buying individual tickets? i didnt have a problem with it. hell, i enjoyed not being locked into a commitment.

this should be interesting.

MarkEightThree
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm one of the many on the fabled Red Waiting List. I always dreamed of the day when I would be able to get a pair of season tickets, but when the opportunity actually presented itself it wasn't worth it anymore. If I wanted to attend every game I'd have to put in very little effort to find tickets these days and often for much cheaper prices than the seasons would have cost. I've been to 4 or 5 games this year and I don't think I paid more than $20 a ticket, and for me, that's the perfect price range to watch TFC. Not sure what I would gain out of being a season seat holder, it's not like it's even a money-making oppurtunity anymore either.

MartinUtd
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Just got off the phone with my rep. They claim they still expect 85% to renew all around, and 100% of the south end. He said there is virtually no chance to go from anywhere into yellow despite the “talk” by many to not renew. He said its “all talk” by people, but in the end they will renew.

If you have seats you like, renew your seats and then if time permits, show up at the relocation just in case but don’t hold your breath.

A very telling quote. Thank you.

Whoop
09-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Wow... the arrogance of this franchise.

It's one thing to keep the fact that you believe 85% will renew internal, but to tell that to a customer... wow, just wow.

BuSaPuNk
^ If anything that quote just shows how much a joke we are the FO. They don't believe a word there own fanbase says. Says alot to how serious they take there fanbase.

ginkster88
One word for that rep: asshole.

I hope they get beat down hard over this renewal period.

ginkster88
09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Seeing as I worked hard over four years to get onto the Gold list and then turned down seasons when given the chance, they shouldn't be so fucking high up on their horse after five years of fucking bullshit.

Auzzy
09-20-2011, 10:32 AM

Well, if you want to believe that, then go right ahead. Perhaps fear is a pretty good marketing tool. We shall see. Of course the cheapest seats (light grey & especially yellow) are the hardest to get into, always will be. That's because any seats that open up are quickly grabbed by other folks trying to downgrade to save some money. But the fact is, they burned through their complete waiting list at the end of last season, so for many people, it was not "all talk" as he said -- many in fact didn't renew.

Canary10
09-20-2011, 10:34 AM
It's still worth if for me to pay $1,000 a season ticket for the chance to get away from the wife and go drinking with buddies a few times a month....:)

__wowza
09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm one of the many on the fabled Red Waiting List. I always dreamed of the day when I would be able to get a pair of season tickets, but when the opportunity actually presented itself it wasn't worth it anymore.

same here. i got the email last year. i went out of my way to send a resounding "no thanks". next thing i know i got a rep leaving me voicemails asking for a callback. had i bothered im pretty sure i wouldve heard the "hottest ticket in town", "if you dont buy now youll miss out forever" lines.

all i know is that ive been to 4 games this season. 2 of them for free and 2 of them raking in a bit above $20.

DangerRed
09-20-2011, 10:41 AM

Oh wow. That's not very nice.

My buddies and I are not renewing three medium-grays ($750 a pop). Guess we're part of the 15%.

mclaren
09-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Not renewing last season? A great decision which I don't regret at all. It will be hard for MLSE to win me and others back. They could start with a strong apology for shafting their true fans. They could follow it up with a big drop in prices, a signal of real goodwill. Will do they do either of things? My breath is not being held.

Yohan
09-20-2011, 10:52 AM
This recent good form might come at the worst time in terms of getting MLSE to switching their attitude and stop treating their customers like shit.

I almost wish that TFC sucks next year too, just so that MLSE finally get their heads out of their asses

Mark in Ottawa
09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
After being sold a 1/2 season partial pack (9 games, a few more than I wanted) and then seeing that an option to buy a 4 pack of games suddenly appeared I will be cautious about renewal this season than last.

With every game a road trip there are only so many games that the 75 Mile Bastards and other travelers can absorb budget wise.

If seat prices rise some serious thinking will be needed.

P-NUTZ
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
It's still worth if for me to pay $1,000 a season ticket for the chance to get away from the wife and go drinking with buddies a few times a month....:)

^ and watching footie live are fair points.

But i might not renew after 4 seasons. I split the last season with someone, and might try that split one more time into 3. Frankly its too pricey and i actual dont know if i want to keep giving them so much of my $ - sometimes shelling out decent sums of gameday cash up to 3 or 4 times a month some months.

The way this has all gone down, I think I am happier to spend less and go to less, and thus enjoy the "value" of it more when i do go.

MLSE can get stuffed - i think they just overstayed their welcome in my daily life. They are greedy and ignorant and I am finally comfortable making the change next year.

rocker
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM

hahah. that's funny...

For me, the games out have become a bonding session with my dad, who is nearly 70 now. We have very good seats (12th row). I could never drop my seasons -- he would be devastated... plus, without the games, I'd probably only see him once a month otherwise! lol. I consider his seat a Christmas gift for him now...

It certainly helps that my salary has gone up 100% over the past year, so my dark grey pair isn't going to hurt my bank account (I'll spend more on two vacations this year than on my season tickets.. and enjoy those vacations less than the 17-18 games!).

eustacchio
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM

It's one thing to keep the fact that you believe 85% will renew internal, but to tell that to a customer... wow, just wow.

The 85% is getting smaller every year though.

That's 52% of Year One's STHs.

eustacchio
09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Also 85% of people renewing doesn't mean that they'll make 85% of what they did this season. People in lower price types will leave and then people in higher price types will fill their spots.

woolly
09-20-2011, 11:07 AM

I met someone from the FO last year on vacation. Not a front line agent, but she told me that in November, the renewal rates were around 45%. I expect the 85% number is a brave face put on by the FO to scare you into keeping your tickets.

Shame that they ahve to resort to these tactics rather than being able to sell the team as an attraction on its own merits.

Personally, I think they're boned.

mastermixer
09-20-2011, 11:09 AM
This recent good form might come at the worst time in terms of getting MLSE to switching their attitude and stop treating their customers like shit.

I almost wish that TFC sucks next year too, just so that MLSE finally get their heads out of their asses

This is what I'm afraid of too. I already know that this will be the crap they talk about at the Town Halls. How great they will be next year, the academy and the training facility. All that means nothing without passionate support. Unless they are satisfied being a Dallas or New England type team. And now, especially IF the leafs start turning things around, I think TFC will move further down the totem pole of MLSE.

The part that frustrates me is they have the capacity to sacrifice a little to get a whole lot more back but it just seems like we are fans of a pretty stubborn franchise.

eustacchio
09-20-2011, 11:23 AM
^ wining a few games at the end does not make it a winning season though.

Yohan
09-20-2011, 11:24 AM
^ wining a few games at the end does not make it a winning season though.
no it does not. but hope is pretty irrational emotion

eustacchio
09-20-2011, 11:31 AM
it sure is. it's why we're here.

Derko
09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
^ I am renewing because it is my entertainment, and I was part of the awesome atmosphere and excitment when TFC won the Nutrilite Cup and Preliminary Round to advance in the CCL, don't tell me that those succeses and resulting celebrations were not infectious!! Just an honest observation.

BuSaPuNk
09-20-2011, 11:38 AM
^ So was being in Montreal for the miracle in montreal. But the fact is there is only so much some people can take until they need to step back and evaluate what they want to put themselves through. It's almost like Leaf fans that left after years and years of failure. Once there gone it's really hard to bring back that same enthusiasm.

Derko
09-20-2011, 11:42 AM
^ So was being in Montreal for the miracle in montreal. But the fact is there is only so much some people can take until they need to step back and evaluate what they want to put themselves through. It's almost like Leaf fans that left after years and years of failure. Once there gone it's really hard to bring back that same enthusiasm.

Oh agreed it is much harder to win back folks whom have been soured.

eustacchio
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I didn't say I wasn't renewing.

Toronto 'til I die (although I suspect that they're trying to kill me)

BuSaPuNk
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I knew it was going to be a tough year for the club. I had no expendable income didn't even have enough to pay my membership this year. :( Now things are better and looking up plus got rid of the girlfriend at the time that hated it and found a girl that loves it. Makes it all the better. lol

Tim
09-20-2011, 01:40 PM
I had to make the decision after last season to not renew. Tickets were getting pricey and frankly there are other things (and things my wife and kids would like) that I can put a few thousand dollars a year towards. Don't get me wrong, I love TFC. Whether I am at BMO or catching it on TV/radio I never miss a game but the argument to keep was not compelling enough.

I have been out to half a dozen games this year plus CCL games and I don't regret it (yet). I have been able to pick up some excellent seats for games that were way better then what my season seats were.

IF MLSE comes around and begins to recognize that the fans are what make the atmosphere and game day experience enjoyable then maybe I will look at picking them up again in the future... assuming I can re-convince my wife

TorontoPat
09-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Fewer people in the stands, makes the gameday experience less of an attraction. If it's a dead crowd atmosphere I'd just as soon stay home and watch it on TV. I'm not much of a kickstart the action type of person, but I'll certainly join in when someone else takes the bull by the horns. MLSE has to find someway to keep the supporters section full.

Globetrotter
09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
"Supporters" not renewing leaves others flooding into the South, or being available on ticketmaster.

The team gets better next year or the year after, interest picks up, and we have a full house with a shambled supporters section, and former "hardcores" without seasons now deep on a waiting list.

No one will give up their seasons during the new found high times, and there will be a return of scalpers, so you'll be out of luck.

There will be lots of crying that the south is filled with "regular joe's".

It will be all our fault because we couldn't stay strong and support our team, we just had to stick it to the owners to prove a point.

Renew your tickets if you love this team (and you can afford it... if not, look at downgrading if feasible). Keep the south stands strong.

Ultra & Proud
09-20-2011, 03:25 PM
"Supporters" not renewing leaves others flooding into the South, or being available on ticketmaster.

The team gets better next year or the year after, interest picks up, and we have a full house with a shambled supporters section, and former "hardcores" without seasons now deep on a waiting list.

No one will give up their seasons during the new found high times, and there will be a return of scalpers, so you'll be out of luck.

It will be all our fault because we couldn't stay strong and support our team, we just had to stick it to the owners to prove a point.

Renew your tickets if you love this team (and you can afford it... if not, look at downgrading if feasible). Keep the south stands strong.

A big +1

mowe
09-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Yup, the demise of the south end will be the biggest consequence from all this. Every supporter that leaves will be replaced by a "regular joe".

I also think it's inevitable. Supporters are completely within their right to abandon their seats after years of suffering through MLSE. They've spent a lot of money on this team and deciding now that they've had enough is a fair decision.

The question becomes how soon will this team become better (I personally am of the next year playoffs camp). Whenever that happens, the south end will be a shadow of its past.

BuSaPuNk
09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh absoultely. However it would be good for them to finally realize even with a below average or acceptable product on the field if you allow the supporters groups to be in the southend and get rid of the scalpers and average fans from the true supporters area then it would make what we already do sound and look a whole lot better.

I'm not saying making it to a card carrying system that if your not in a supporters group you can't sit in the southend I believe were 10 years away from doing something like that atleast. But how about making 111-113 or even 114 being supporters and card carrying ones only.

It allows 114-119 to be supporters seat were you can stand and lets the average non supporter fan to still be in the southend with cheaper seats and still be part of it. I do know of alot of people that still wanted to be in the southend but weren't full out sing till you drop supporters and they have a right to be there as STH. However if there were concessions to atleast put a small number of sections like 111-113 to be card carrying only it would help both ends of the spectrum I believe.

TFCin110
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I am looking to split my package with someone for the season. I am in Sec 110 Row 5. $675 for the half season. Let me know if you interested by PM.

Rochdale
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
uh oh.....come out tomorrow!

Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/#!/Paulbeirne) Paul Beirne

Also Season seat renewal info arrives tomorrow via email. You can win that very cool TFC Kia Sportage!

anyone received the e-mail yet or are they waiting to after the game to send it so there's no protest before the game?

flambe
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Or buy your tickets as usual and sEll the package on. That's what I did this year as I wouldn't be able to make 80% of the games. Should have no real issues selling them as we know have our fickle fan pleasing DP's. The dilution of the south stands will be a problem I think. It's already happening, no?

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
My SSH is up. South end is 361/seat. Do I recall correctly last year the cost was $378 including the MLS cup?

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Renewal Site is up: http://tfc.mlserenewal.com/

Interesting there is a early renewal draw for those who commit to renewing by Oct 14. You have up until Oct 28th to renew.

Previous years they would have stuck hard at the Oct 14th deadline as a renew it or lose it attitude.

Suds
09-20-2011, 05:55 PM
A price freeze and making all additional games optional for SSH's was the least they could do. I was not expecting a decrease in the price per game.

I doubt anyone at TFC could have a budget signed off by the MLSE board with a decrease.

menefreghista
09-20-2011, 05:56 PM
My SSH is up. South end is 361/seat. Do I recall correctly last year the cost was $378 including the MLS cup?

Close. It was $376.

At $361 in the south end they kept their promise of a 'price freeze'.

I don't have the time to check right now, but does anyone know if the prices were lowered in the other sections?

leafsman
09-20-2011, 06:01 PM
did they make the north cheaper? couldve sworn i paid more last seasonlike double almost

mclaren
09-20-2011, 06:03 PM
A price freeze and making all additional games optional for SSH's was the least they could do. I was not expecting a decrease in the price per game.

I doubt anyone at TFC could have a budget signed off by the MLSE board with a decrease.

Seemed to work at the Raptors for some reason. I won't be back for a while it looks like.

London
09-20-2011, 06:08 PM
got my email

Nuvinho
09-20-2011, 06:15 PM
4 payment periods - October, November, January, and February

habstfc
09-20-2011, 06:23 PM
If you do downgrade at relocation how do they give you the difference if you're paid in full?

Suds
09-20-2011, 06:29 PM
If you do downgrade at relocation how do they give you the difference if you're paid in full?

Yes, they credit an difference back to however you paid. (ex. your credit card if you used that)

Mango Kid
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM

I'm going to watch the Charlie Sheen roast on the PVR after the game tonight. There's not a chance there is anything funnier than that bit right there...

Mango Kid
09-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Yup, the demise of the south end will be the biggest consequence from all this. Every supporter that leaves will be replaced by a "regular joe".

I'm not sure I agree that "every" supporter that leaves will be replaced by a regular Joe. Some will. Some will be replaced by another hardcore. Some won't be replaced at all, and that's on MLSE and nobody else.

pdogg
09-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I downgraded from dark grey to light grey last year, and by the time the relocation came up, I'd pretty much paid off the tickets. I think I had another $75 left that they took over the remaining two payment periods.

Carts
09-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Just got the e-mail with the ticket options...

As for stretching the payments, I'm happy they removed the December payment...

25% in October, 25% in November, 25% in January, 25% in February...

A nice break in December to use some credit card space on the holidays...

Renewing 2-weeks before the final deadline gives you a shot at some decent prizes, a free car, sony home theatre, or free season tickets are good incentive to renew early if you're going to renew anyway...

Carts...

kodiakTFC
09-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Only 17 games are accounted for MLS action. There will be 19 teams next season. Not a balanced schedule it seems.

Big_mac004
09-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I will be giving up my 4 seats

With so many seats available, i'd rather take advantage of the deals. It has also been harder for me and the guys to make it down to many of the games.

prizby
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
just checked out the renewal website...they lost me on the first point they made:

Best Price
As a season seat holder, you will receive the best package price and overall savings

Those with more expensive tickets (hardly think this is a problem for those in the supporters sections), look at your price per game point. Now how many times has TFC had an offer or last minute rush of ticket sales that saw tickets in your same price range go for cheaper then your price per game?

I am sure that has been seen at some point this season. If that is the case, I think it would be reasonable to make your ticket sales rep promise that at no point this season will they offer a ticket in your price category lower than your price per game point and should that happen, your account should be credited the difference!

-------------

only 17 mls home games...this means we won't be seeing one of the teams at home?

Joe Kool
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
First question for the town hall meeting next week. How is the convenience pack more convenient and for who? Who the hell would pick this and give them carte blanche to charge you for everything coming down the pipe? I don't get that. It is only convenient for them because they don't have to try and market it to you like everyone else. Am I missing something?

The 2012 Standard Season Package Includes:
-All 17 MLS Regular Season Matches
-2 Nutrilite Canadian Championship Matches
The 2012 Convenience Pack Includes:
-All 17 MLS Regular Season Matches
-2 Nutrilite Canadian Championship Matches
-All Additional TFC Matches*

PAOK17
09-20-2011, 11:12 PM
^^This would be only convenient if you plan to go to all CCL and playoff games. The scary part is they say it includes friendlies. Yeah I'm going to allow you to bring Barcelona so that you can charge $400 for my pair of grey seats. No thank you!

T-boy
09-20-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't get how there can be only 17 home games, when there are 19 teams in the league?! Surely it should be 18 home games?!

rocker
09-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't get how there can be only 17 home games, when there are 19 teams in the league?! Surely it should be 18 home games?!

well, it wouldn't be the first time MLS had an unbalanced schedule. But usually that was to push the number of games up to 30 with only 13 teams (2007).

i just don't see how they can keep increasing the number of games as expansion continues, so it's probably a necessarily evil. They'd need to massively expand rosters and the salary cap to have a balanced sked, home and away, with 20-24 teams (when they get to that). 36 games is already a lot for a team that has the Canadian Championship and possibly Champions League play-ins and group stage games (and god forbid, playoffs).

Joe Kool
09-20-2011, 11:29 PM
^^This would be only convenient if you plan to go to all CCL and playoff games. The scary part is they say it includes friendlies. Yeah I'm going to allow you to bring Barcelona so that you can charge $400 for my pair of grey seats. No thank you!

Yeah hence the asterisk....prices to follow but you need to commit first. I am sure you get the standard "loyalty discount" that was seen at the Real Madrid game but then when they don't sell well so will everyone else.

nfitz
09-20-2011, 11:48 PM
did they make the north cheaper? couldve sworn i paid more last seasonlike double almostYes they did! It's the only change I see in the pricing from last season.

Last year, light-blue was $921. With the smaller package this year, it would have been $855 ($45 a game). However they are selling it at $551 - $29 a game. This puts the pricing between light-grey ($21) and medium-grey ($35).

DichioTFC
09-21-2011, 12:09 AM

You can't do that. You have to first pay to renew your seats and then you get the chance at a relocation only after that is done.

Appreciate the clarification. Renewing is going to be an interesting decision for me. Ordinarily I would do it no questions asked, but money's tight and I just can't afford it. Picking up tickets here or elsewhere is very convenient and cheaper, I'm not sure if the value of being a TFC STH is greater than putting myself further in debt.

I didn't say I wasn't renewing.

Toronto 'til I die (although I suspect that they're trying to kill me)

lolllllllll +1

Cashcleaner
09-21-2011, 05:02 AM

Which is exactly why I just might renew and sell my season ticket to a fellow RPBer trying to get into 112. I hope anyone else on the fence considers this.

phonzo
09-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Which is exactly why I just might renew and sell my season ticket to a fellow RPBer trying to get into 112. I hope anyone else on the fence considers this.

I would hope that anyone that is in 112 would do the same...especially if you joined the section via relocation last year.

sully
09-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Can't open the the renewal website without installing new software and I can't do that at work...arrgh. Is there another link to the info?

Darlofletch
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM
anyone else spot the mistake there. 17 mls games? really? that's all? are you sure?

obviously a lot of you have, that's got to be a mistake right? it should be 18 and 1 ncc, not 17 and 2. who wouldn't we be playing?

London
09-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I would hope that anyone that is in 112 would do the same...especially if you joined the section via relocation last year.

agreed, people begged for these tickets and if they get given up after 1 season, that looks realy bad

flatpicker
09-21-2011, 08:44 AM
So, I haven't actually looked at the renewal info yet,
But, if you choose to not go with the "convenience" pack,
Do you still get to have the option to buy your seats for playoffs and friendlies and such?

If I chose the "convenience" pack, does that mean my playoff tix would be cheaper than my non-convenience STH tix?

T-boy
09-21-2011, 08:44 AM
anyone else spot the mistake there. 17 mls games? really? that's all? are you sure?

obviously a lot of you have, that's got to be a mistake right? it should be 18 and 1 ncc, not 17 and 2. who wouldn't we be playing?

Agreed! If the MLS post an unbalanced schedule, it would really show the league as going steps backwards!

What if one of the missing games was against NYRB, LA, or Montreal, or even Vancouver or the Crew?! They are easily the biggest draws and biggest crowds of the season!

It would also make the season unbalanced and unfair! What if the missing game for Toronto is against next season's Vancouver (ie the bottom team) and Montreal's missing game is against LA?! That would give Montreal a probably 3 point advantage over Toronto or vice versa!

I can't believe that we will be playing 17 games!

T-boy
09-21-2011, 08:46 AM
well, it wouldn't be the first time MLS had an unbalanced schedule. But usually that was to push the number of games up to 30 with only 13 teams (2007).

i just don't see how they can keep increasing the number of games as expansion continues, so it's probably a necessarily evil. They'd need to massively expand rosters and the salary cap to have a balanced sked, home and away, with 20-24 teams (when they get to that). 36 games is already a lot for a team that has the Canadian Championship and possibly Champions League play-ins and group stage games (and god forbid, playoffs).

Are you saying that pro athletes can't play 40 games in a season?! haha! MLS is a bit of a joke eh?! :o

JonO
09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Rumours are pointing to an unbalanced schedule:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/9/19/2435911/mls-schedule-2012-34-games-unbalanced

London
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
our luck they will just not add montreal to our schedule

T-boy
09-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Rumours are pointing to an unbalanced schedule:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/9/19/2435911/mls-schedule-2012-34-games-unbalanced

I also hear the MLS are getting Mickey Mouse as its mascot?! :rolleyes:

Parkdale
09-21-2011, 08:55 AM
hmmm..... I'm torn.

I have two seats in 112, which I will hold on to until BMO washes away into Lake Ontario, but I also have two of the most expensive 'stadium' seats, and I'm wavering on them. Last year a friend of a friend bought the entire season from me (at cost) which is the only reason I was able to hold on to them. If he's not interested this year, then it might become a very tricky issue for me.

London
09-21-2011, 08:58 AM
^^^ what is the reason you would hold on to them??

you can move your seats up there in 25 years when you are old and grey, no need to hold on to them for that long

Fort York Redcoat
09-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Groan. At least we'll have year to nurture those conference rivalries. :rolleyes5:

Hopefully they'll have the sense to return to balance once we get NY2 in the league.

prizby
09-21-2011, 09:08 AM
They want a balance schedule...make a 24 team league...two divisions of 12:

Home and Home with your division teams (22 games total) and 1 game (6 home/6 away) with non division teams (12 games total)...this equals 34 games

problem solved

Technorgasm
09-21-2011, 09:09 AM
I just got the email this morning.

and there is already 4 pages of griping and whineing and sulking and bitching and moaning and complaining.

GET with the tickets/ team or just GET FUCKED.
you minging, clungey fucking Slags.

ya, Im having a shitty mornig, what of it?
EAT IT.:hump:

Eastend
09-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Anyone else have an issue getting on the Account Manager?

Technorgasm
09-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Seriously?
like WHAT THE FUCKIN FUCK!!!!

if anyone needs me, ill be in the bathroom, shitting in the urinal.

http://is200.imagesocket.com/images/2011/09/21/2335190-n7h5.PNG

PopePouri
09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
It kinda ruins the early signs of the Vancouver rivalry. It certainly won't be the same as Montreal but based on the games this year, there was a lot of back and forth. It was starting to become a plethora of hate.

Parkdale
09-21-2011, 09:27 AM
^^^ what is the reason you would hold on to them??

you can move your seats up there in 25 years when you are old and grey, no need to hold on to them for that long

because they are front row, dead center. I could buy back into that section, but 'the best seats in the house' (for view) will probably never come up again.

nfitz
09-21-2011, 09:32 AM
anyone else spot the mistake there. 17 mls games? really? that's all? are you sure?What mistake ... it's an unbalanced 34-game schedule next year ... so there will be one team we don't play at home.

This has been discussed at length.

London
09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
because they are front row, dead center. I could buy back into that section, but 'the best seats in the house' (for view) will probably never come up again.

i see, well i see your dilemma, but to me, keeping tickets that will cost you 10's of thousands of dollars to keep when you are likely going to get stuck with 50% of the tickets going unsold or unused doesnt make sense to me. ( assuming your friend does not renew with you)

Darlofletch
09-21-2011, 09:46 AM
What mistake ... it's an unbalanced 34-game schedule next year ... so there will be one team we don't play at home.

well that's just depressingly dumb from MLS then rather than amusingly wrong from MLSE.

T-boy
09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
The MLS has to realise that rivalries aren't "necessarily" local. Like, TFC have more of a rivalry (now) with San Jose due to all the player swaps than say, New England, who are a lot closer geographically.

And how are they going to work out who does and doesn't play LA, the biggest home game for any MLS club?!

I think I'd be pissed if Toronto don't play LA next season!

bones
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
What mistake ... it's an unbalanced 34-game schedule next year ... so there will be one team we don't play at home.

Who says it's just 1 team?

We're all assuming that 17 games with 18 teams means just 1 team will not visit but it could be many. They could look at playing teams in your own division more is more important and cuts down on travel for the teams that aren't making money hand over fist *cough*ML$E*cough*, or are trying to keep the long distances for single games down to a minimum.

Think of it this way, if we play teams in our own division more and have only 1 or 2 long distance road trips but get in a few games while out west would make good travel sense.

I'm just trying to look at this objectively from the league point of view. They like changing things and trying new concepts and this would cut down on travel AND move to a favoured schedule to give the weaker teams a sniff from time to time like the NFL does. You suck for 3 years and you get the easiest schedule to give your fans something to possibly cheer about. Damn, looks like they're almost catering it for us!

Yohan
09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
The MLS has to realise that rivalries aren't "necessarily" local. Like, TFC have more of a rivalry (now) with San Jose due to all the player swaps than say, New England, who are a lot closer geographically.

And how are they going to work out who does and doesn't play LA, the biggest home game for any MLS club?!

I think I'd be pissed if Toronto don't play LA next season!
a 'rivalry' with SJ? lol, really?

phonzo
09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
why are people only now realizing we are in for an unbalanced schedule. Frankly it's not bad ; it came up last year at the supporters summit and the league already knew it would happen.

The only alternative is that they attempt to keep it balanced and extend the season to start earlier and end later. In some places; climate wise that is already becoming difficult; not to mention viewership etc.

For all intensive purposes a smart unbalanced schedule minimizing travel time for teams is what should be brought forward by the league. No more of this West Coast Saturday mid-week East Coast travelling.

rocker
09-21-2011, 10:05 AM
MLS teams travel more than most teams in, for example, the premier league... (vastly more travel). MLS teams don't have as large rosters, and many of the players at the back half of the roster are filler, making 42K, not worthy starters. Unless they ditch the playoffs and spread the regular season games over an extra month, I don't see how it's possible to have more league games without bigger rosters and a higher salary cap (which ain't gonna happen soon...). The quality of play will drop off.

I love the balanced schedule (it's ideal!) but I think adding games to this already crowded schedule is crazy if we want to compete in champions league every year. I also found the number of games to be difficult to attend this year. It was a shitload of games.

Right now TFC has 34 league games. Add in the Voyageurs Cup + CCL play ins + champions league group stage, and TFC will have played 44 games by year's end. Imagine if they made the playoffs and finals? That's almost 50 games! And that's for a team that doesn't play friendlies.

And we're just talking about next year with Montreal (36 games). What if the NY Cosmos join the league after that? 38 games??? What if they expand to Florida? 40 games? I think we've seen the end of the balanced schedule.

dupont
09-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I'll definitely be renewing my pair of light greys. I feel bad for the people with reds or dark greys though because those are damn expensive.

T-boy
09-21-2011, 11:29 AM
a 'rivalry' with SJ? lol, really?

I was just trying to come up with an example of why an MLS rivalry (or any other reason to shout and scream at an opponent and make the atmosphere more tense than usual) isn't necessarily a local team. If SJ wasn't a good example, there are many other examples.

For example, I'd rather play Kansas and shout my ass off at Teal BuMbury than play New England and not have anybody of consequence to shout at!

Rivalries don't necessarily have to be local!

T-boy
09-21-2011, 11:31 AM
MLS teams travel more than most teams in, for example, the premier league... (vastly more travel). MLS teams don't have as large rosters, and many of the players at the back half of the roster are filler, making 42K, not worthy starters. Unless they ditch the playoffs and spread the regular season games over an extra month, I don't see how it's possible to have more league games without bigger rosters and a higher salary cap (which ain't gonna happen soon...). The quality of play will drop off.

I love the balanced schedule (it's ideal!) but I think adding games to this already crowded schedule is crazy if we want to compete in champions league every year. I also found the number of games to be difficult to attend this year. It was a shitload of games.

Right now TFC has 34 league games. Add in the Voyageurs Cup + CCL play ins + champions league group stage, and TFC will have played 44 games by year's end. Imagine if they made the playoffs and finals? That's almost 50 games! And that's for a team that doesn't play friendlies.

And we're just talking about next year with Montreal (36 games). What if the NY Cosmos join the league after that? 38 games??? What if they expand to Florida? 40 games? I think we've seen the end of the balanced schedule.

I understand the NEED to have an unbalanced schedule, but by having one goal (the MLS final) and an unbalanced schedule, its going to end up very unfair on a team who play easier games than other teams.

The answer is to have two divisions (east and west) and then a cup like the English League Cup, where all the teams play extra games against the other divisions opponents.

Having a completely unbalanced league schedule just puts a bigger distance between the MLS and the rest of world soccer.

nfitz
09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Who says it's just 1 team?Very good question!

menefreghista
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I would actually be interested in the 'convenience' pack if they told us ahead of time what the cost would be. Or at the very least the cost for playoff tickets and CCL tickets.

I also think whether we have a friendly next summer may depend on how many of these packages they sold.

Pookie
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM

I'm not so sure.

If MLS regular season games draw more than playoff games, you could see the end of the playoffs.

As highlighted above, there will be a debate over who gets LA? Add a few more teams in there and the simple business equation is that if the regular season draw is higher than the playoff draw it makes more sense to scrap the playoffs and maintain the balanced schedule... and even introduce a few friendlies.

Chevy
09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm not so sure.

If MLS regular season games draw more than playoff games, you could see the end of the playoffs.

As highlighted above, there will be a debate over who gets LA? Add a few more teams in there and the simple business equation is that if the regular season draw is higher than the playoff draw it makes more sense to scrap the playoffs and maintain the balanced schedule... and even introduce a few friendlies.

This may prove to be true, but what will happen to attendance at regular season games when two-thirds of the clubs are out of contention in July? The North American supporter may simply give up if there's 'nothing to play for'.

I can't see the league giving up the playoffs any time soon. Hell, even WE are still technically in the hunt. :)

Alonso
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm not so sure.

This would only happen if relegation was brought in at the same time. Having 10 teams with nothing to play for after 10 games into the season will never happen IMO.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Does anyone recall what the cost of the MLS cup final ticket was for the South Stand last fall?

jazzy
09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Are you saying that pro athletes can't play 40 games in a season?! haha! MLS is a bit of a joke eh?! :o

Funny in a positive article in the star yesterday, Kovermans said this league is actually the most physical and competitive in the world! ..(I didn't say talented) esp because they play so many games in such a relatively short season....(All games)

Section 110
09-21-2011, 08:02 PM
HI there everyone. I have never been someone who posts a lot and early in the season I was ready to throw in the towel. I've included my comments to my ticket rep for your perusal. I do this only because I feel as though management still doesn't get it. Agree or disagree with me, but remember that if we are silent, we deserve what we get.

Hi David,

As the three Town Hall sessions are full, I'll send you what would have been my comments and perhaps you can pass them along.

1. This year was arguably the most difficult as a fan and, I'm sure, as someone who works for the team, whether you're Tom Anselmi or anyone else. That said, improvements have been made, namely the signings of Frings and Koevermans, as well as the trades that brought in decent players. TFC will be a better team next year.

2. If it wasn't for my wife and friend talking me into renewing last year, I would have let the tickets go after we were forced to buy the Cup Final tickets last year. That topped off what was a patent abuse of the team's supporters. The price freeze was no consolation, it was a reactive attempt to placate the fans that were on the verge of mutiny. TFC management has never been proactive; rather, they have always reacted.

3. If TFC wants me to make a financial commitment (ie. putting out $1300 for season tickets) I want a financial commitment from TFC: I expect a price freeze after 2012 as well, in fact, I expect a price freeze at least until TFC wins a playoff round. Repay the patience that has been asked of me for five years. What I am suggesting is a significant act of goodwill that says TFC is willing to go out on a limb and make a serious commitment to the fans. We deserve it and, given that TFC management has done such a poor job of retention so far, this would be a way of righting the ship and maybe recapturing some of the fanbase lost.

4. When I get emails at work that offer me (and the general public) tickets at virtually the same price that I pay for my season tickets, I have to wonder why I'm buying season tickets. Other than keeping the same seats, I see no real advantage. In fact, I would be happy to sit in different seats when I go to the game. As well, I wouldn't have to worry about getting rid of tickets for games that I can't attend: people really aren't very interested anymore, and often I can't give them away.

5. There are a lot of other things that I could spend $1300 on. When I think about the value I got for the $1300 and the other forms of entertainment I could have had for that price (vacations, other sporting events, etc) I feel as though I made a poor choice. I challenge TFC management to prove me wrong, not only through improved play on the field, but by ensuring that I am made to feel as though I am a valued customer. At the moment, and especially last year, it was clear that I was not. The only way to do this, other than by playing well, is to make a commitment not to gouge me on the price. Freeze the ticket prices indefinitely: the casual fan who, in the first couple of years saw it as reasonably priced entertainment, no longer sees it that way because it is not.

6. I will reiterate that I am optimistic about next year. That said, I'm far from committed to being a season ticket holder next year. Over the next month I will pay close attention to how TFC management handles the Town Halls. It says something that there are only three time slots available this year, when last year there were more, and if that is any indication of TFC management's commitment to its fans, than nothing has been learned.

Thanks for reading this David. As you can see, I've put a lot of thought into this because I want to be a season ticket holder, but TFC management does not make it easy. It should be easy. There should be a long waiting list, but that was dashed, along with the great spirit that existed in the first couple of years. TFC needs to respond accordingly or disappear completely from the pages of the local papers, or even worse; disappear from the public eye altogether.

SKB
09-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Perhaps a different tone to the postings. I do not think the season has been a disaster. I like the style of football they are playing. The games are a lot more entertaining then they were in the past. The new coaching staff and GM have done a much better job then previous ones. They are investing huge in the academy which is the right way to go. They have added some good players to the team this year. Koervm, Plata, Jonston, Frings, Eckersley, Morgan, and Avila. I believe we are two centre backs and one top flight attacking midfielder away from a good club. They team has made some real progress in the last 1/3 of the season. One thing that has gone down a little in performance is us fans. We used to be the best fans in the league now I think we are number 3 behind Seattle and Portland. We as fans need to up our game next year and retake the number 1 spot. I think as fans we should take on that challenge.

backbeat
09-21-2011, 10:10 PM
hmmm..... I'm torn.

I have two seats in 112, which I will hold on to until BMO washes away into Lake Ontario, but I also have two of the most expensive 'stadium' seats, and I'm wavering on them. Last year a friend of a friend bought the entire season from me (at cost) which is the only reason I was able to hold on to them. If he's not interested this year, then it might become a very tricky issue for me.

you're 2nd set is probably near mine - i'm in 223 row 1

nascarguy
09-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I have been getting emails from TFC asking me if I would like season tickets.

flatpicker
09-22-2011, 05:46 AM
I still don't understand what the "convenience" pack gets you, that a "basic" STH pack doesn't. :noidea:

Surely, if we only get the regular season pack, we will still have first dibs on all other games (including playoffs).

Will the "convenience" pack folks get those extra games for less money than other STH's?

fiji_blue
09-22-2011, 06:51 AM
What about youth ticket pricing?

Nuvinho
09-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I still don't understand what the "convenience" pack gets you, that a "basic" STH pack doesn't. :noidea:

Surely, if we only get the regular season pack, we will still have first dibs on all other games (including playoffs).

Will the "convenience" pack folks get those extra games for less money than other STH's?

means they charge you for additional games without asking you.

Oldtimer
09-22-2011, 07:23 AM
My Rep told me that they plan to increase the number of season tickets, and they are very confident of selling this number from their "waiting list."

Whether this is ML$E hubris, lying to get me to renew, or a realistic plan to end those "special offers" to the public, I don't know. needless to say, if they don't sell out their season tickets, this could backfire on them quite badly.

Oldtimer
09-22-2011, 07:25 AM
What about youth ticket pricing?

They used to have that, but I think that no longer exists.

mastermixer
09-22-2011, 08:13 AM
My Rep told me that they plan to increase the number of season tickets, and they are very confident of selling this number from their "waiting list."

Whether this is ML$E hubris, lying to get me to renew, or a realistic plan to end those "special offers" to the public, I don't know. needless to say, if they don't sell out their season tickets, this could backfire on them quite badly.

I think they probably did not get as many walk-up sales as they thought they would this year. Since that well is dry, they are trying to tap into the last thing they have left which is that waiting list.

flatpicker
09-22-2011, 08:24 AM
means they charge you for additional games without asking you.

But if that's all the "convenience" pack gets you, then why bother?
You would think they would have offered some insentive to commit early to extra games.
It would make sense if they said, "commit to all games, and get your CCL/playoff tix 25% less than all other STH's".

Suds
09-22-2011, 08:46 AM
You would think they would have offered some insentive to commit early to extra games.
It would make sense if they said, "commit to all games, and get your CCL/playoff tix 25% less than all other STH's".

Yeah, I'm with you. The only convenient thing about it is not having to worry about ordering the other games when they do happen.

I will give TFC credit for finally listening to fans and stop making the purchase of other games mandatory as part of your SSH renewal. Many of us will buy the games anyway. For me, I just hate feeling like I'm being forced to buy something. Making it optional allows people to opt-in and manage their budgets better. And when people buy that way they are usually happier.

I also like the 4 payment option with no payment in December which essentially spreads the cost over 5 months. That will help people budget their purchase.

TFC Cityboy
09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
I think they probably did not get as many walk-up sales as they thought they would this year. Since that well is dry, they are trying to tap into the last thing they have left which is that waiting list.

I suspect they will find that the majority of people on the infamous waiting list are current Supporter Section STHs who put their names down for extras back in 2007. I also suspect that , if offered those now, most of us would decline additional seats.

As for the demand for STs in the higher price range, I just don't think the demand is there anymore, especially if the price is upwards of $600.

Joe Kool
09-22-2011, 09:37 AM

That was the point I was making earlier in this thread. It is actually only convenient for the TFC FO because they don't have to try to sell those seats because they have an automatic buyer. I like your thinking though. They need to give some incentive instead of you having to commit now to whatever they decide to charge you in the future. I don't think it is too inconvenient to have to log into account manager to purchase the seats for the extra rounds. It is not like you have to even leave your house to do it. Maybe they just called it the wrong thing and should have called the packages "standard" and "high roller" packs then everyone wouldn't get hung up on the "convenient" part.

flatpicker
09-22-2011, 09:47 AM
^ Yup.

I think they missed an opportunity here to sell more seats.
A "price incentive" might have done way more to ensure more butts in the stands during those extra matches.

Detroit_TFC
09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
The payment plan over 4 payments with skip in Dec is helpful.

bones
09-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the convenience package was just a way for us that normally buy everything to sign up for being able to get them automatically. Having said that, I just spoke with sales and confirmed that everything they sell will be automatically charged and sent to you. I asked if there was a confirmation email sent prior to being charged for the extras (since I'm not interested in friendlies) and she said "no, everything will be automatically charged and if you're not interested in part then this is not for you". So there is no incentive for the fans themselves unless you already know you want everything.

Haters will say "why not ... blah blah blah".
People who buy everything will say "ok, saves me time".

Reality is they're giving an option, nothing more. It's not like they're forcing us to take it. Or making it worse later by saying we won't get first crack at our seats when individually they go on sale. It's just an option.

Wull
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the convenience package was just a way for us that normally buy everything to sign up for being able to get them automatically. Having said that, I just spoke with sales and confirmed that everything they sell will be automatically charged and sent to you. I asked if there was a confirmation email sent prior to being charged for the extras (since I'm not interested in friendlies) and she said "no, everything will be automatically charged and if you're not interested in part then this is not for you". So there is no incentive for the fans themselves unless you already know you want everything.

Haters will say "why not ... blah blah blah".
People who buy everything will say "ok, saves me time".

Reality is they're giving an option, nothing more. It's not like they're forcing us to take it. Or making it worse later by saying we won't get first crack at our seats when individually they go on sale. It's just an option.

I would go for this, but I don't want them sneaking the likes of a real madrid friendly in and charging through the nose again

eagles8
09-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm loyalty #2. That's the number they give you when you want your seats reassigned.
It's based on when you bought your STs. Out of the entire stadium, I was the second guy to plunk money down and sign up. Second. Well, five years later and a lot of mediocre footie later... enough is enough. I just can't bring myself to pony up for another season. It's a sad day. I just wished I had done this last year.

ginkster88
09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm loyalty #2. That's the number they give you when you want your seats reassigned.
It's based on when you bought your STs. Out of the entire stadium, I was the second guy to plunk money down and sign up. Second. Well, five years later and a lot of mediocre footie later... enough is enough. I just can't bring myself to pony up for another season. It's a sad day. I just wished I had done this last year.

I think you should make sure your rep knows this. And that she/he tells a supervisor.

eagles8
09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
will do Ginkster.

Razor
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM

My personal opinion is you should stick it out for one more year - that is my plan. I figure what's one more year when we've already been through five years of mediocre football.

This year was a wait and see approach for me. How were they were going to fix this club? Were they going to sign some decent players? Has the quality of football improved since the spring? I have a feeling it is going in the right direction and I wouldn't want you to miss it and NO I don't work for the FO. :D

With the new training facility, Aaron slowing molding the team to his liking etc...etc....I can't wait to see what happens in the off season. We are just a few signings away from being a competitive team and the playoffs next year.

One more year. That is all I'm giving them.

Don't fuck it up MLSE.

TorontoPat
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM
If there is alot of talk of people renewing and then relocating to the supporters section, I could see MLSE saying there are no yellow seats forsale. Afterall they would be losing about 600 bucks for every dark grey that tried to relocate.

jazzy
09-22-2011, 06:45 PM
If there is alot of talk of people renewing and then relocating to the supporters section, I could see MLSE saying there are no yellow seats forsale. Afterall they would be losing about 600 bucks for every dark grey that tried to relocate.

I forsee, people relocating to north-end, lots available last year, esp with price drop.........seems noone else agrees, but thats what I would do at re-location if thats all that was best available.....and very good sight line

Auzzy
09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
I do think there are some fishy things happening around relocation time. I don't think all of the open seats are made available for relocation. We've heard about people buying new season tickets for the first time, getting inexpensive seats that were not available during the last relocation windows.

Obviously they would want some cheap seats available for new SSH purchases. The more expensive tickets are a tougher sell to a new SSH, whereas they already have the commitment and the down-payment from the existing SSH who is looking to downgrade...

Furtado91
09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
this is just a crapshoot but ill ask anyways. How much do season tickets typically go for in the supporters section 112,113 for new renewals? Im considering the possibility of season tickets but i wanted to know some info as to how to get em and a rough estimate in terms of price.

also this may seem like a new to mls kinda question ,which i am) how many games are at home in a season? i would assume half of the entire season is at home unless im missing something.

leafsman
09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I forsee, people relocating to north-end, lots available last year, esp with price drop.........seems noone else agrees, but thats what I would do at re-location if thats all that was best available.....and very good sight line

i would agree, my seats are there and i was debating renewing until they dropped the price and its a great value at that price compared to other sections

habstfc
09-22-2011, 09:37 PM
this is just a crapshoot but ill ask anyways. How much do season tickets typically go for in the supporters section 112,113 for new renewals? Im considering the possibility of season tickets but i wanted to know some info as to how to get em and a rough estimate in terms of price.

also this may seem like a new to mls kinda question ,which i am) how many games are at home in a season? i would assume half of the entire season is at home unless im missing something.

You probably won't get seats in 112, 113. If you are a new season seat holder you are probably looking at least at medium greys unless you want a single.

There are 17 regular season mls games at home.

DOMIN8R
09-22-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm in this season. But I'll probably go from 6 tickets to 4. It's just too hard to find people to come to games anymore. I don't need the stress.

I'll always be a STH. Win or loose. TFC is my team. Period. Full stop. You'll still see me in the stands, on game day 20 years from now.

Furtado91
09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
You probably won't get seats in 112, 113. If you are a new season seat holder you are probably looking at least at medium greys unless you want a single.

Ok. thanks alot for the info bud.

Carts
09-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm in this season. But I'll probably go from 6 tickets to 4. It's just too hard to find people to come to games anymore. I don't need the stress.

I'll always be a STH. Win or loose. TFC is my team. Period. Full stop. You'll still see me in the stands, on game day 20 years from now.

Ya that's me as well...

I only have 2 tickets so I don't have to worry about filling out the tickets...

I'm renewing, and hoping to win the KIA as a bonus! :D

T-boy
09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I feel like MLSE are missing out on massive marketing opportunities with their season ticket pricing. They are blind to the fact that by giving "cheaper" option to some types of fan means they will benefit in the long term. Like, youth and childrens season tickets. And, a "family stand" area, where the adults get full price tickets and the children get free or heavily discounted tickets. MLSE need to realise that when these children grow up and they are attached to TFC, they will then buy a full price season ticket.

MLSE are very shortsighted...its like "we want lots of money now, and don't care about the long term". When really, it should ALL be about the long term - both the long term investment of MLSE and the long term investment made by fans, making them loyal ot the team.

Come on MLSE, get it right for once! I think we would all prefer a full stadium each week! MLSE need to realise that by putting butts in seats means more spent on concessions each week!

If I take my kid to a game he WANTS cotton candy, he WANTS a drink, he WANTS food at half time! Our kids are the future of TFC! If I take my kid to a game I end up spending WAY more on food and snacks than if I go on my own!

bones
09-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I feel like MLSE are missing out on massive marketing opportunities with their season ticket pricing. They are blind to the fact that by giving "cheaper" option to some types of fan means they will benefit in the long term. Like, youth and childrens season tickets. And, a "family stand" area, where the adults get full price tickets and the children get free or heavily discounted tickets. MLSE need to realise that when these children grow up and they are attached to TFC, they will then buy a full price season ticket.

MLSE are very shortsighted...its like "we want lots of money now, and don't care about the long term". When really, it should ALL be about the long term - both the long term investment of MLSE and the long term investment made by fans, making them loyal ot the team.

Come on MLSE, get it right for once! I think we would all prefer a full stadium each week! MLSE need to realise that by putting butts in seats means more spent on concessions each week!

If I take my kid to a game he WANTS cotton candy, he WANTS a drink, he WANTS food at half time! Our kids are the future of TFC! If I take my kid to a game I end up spending WAY more on food and snacks than if I go on my own!

ML$E will get there eventually. But first they're riding the cash cow.

Here's food for thought. If the league takes (can't remember exactly but I think it's 30% of the gate) a chunk each game to the collective coffers for salaries etc. then wouldn't they be upset at a cost reduction or discount of some kind? Wouldn't they put pressure on the big suppliers of revenue to try to keep prices higher for as long as they can? hmmmm.

redcard
09-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Ya that's me as well...

I only have 2 tickets so I don't have to worry about filling out the tickets...

I'm renewing, and hoping to win the KIA as a bonus! :D

bingo i am TFC for life as well, good and bad times, i will be there! and i believe i have already won the KIA!

Detroit_TFC
09-23-2011, 10:54 AM
ML$E will get there eventually. But first they're riding the cash cow.

Here's food for thought. If the league takes (can't remember exactly but I think it's 30% of the gate) a chunk each game to the collective coffers for salaries etc. then wouldn't they be upset at a cost reduction or discount of some kind? Wouldn't they put pressure on the big suppliers of revenue to try to keep prices higher for as long as they can? hmmmm.

(OT tangent, sorry) I'm also curious about the mechanics behind this, not so much because of discounting, but rather the teams with persistently low gates like Dallas, Columbus, New England, etc. All teams have same salary cap pool of dollars (modified in various ways, perhaps significantly, with alllocation $s, etc) but obviously the amounts each teams contribute might vary a lot if it some percentage of gate.

This has to be creating a tension at the board level between the owners.

Oldtimer
09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
(OT tangent, sorry) I'm also curious about the mechanics behind this, not so much because of discounting, but rather the teams with persistently low gates like Dallas, Columbus, New England, etc. All teams have same salary cap pool of dollars (modified in various ways, perhaps significantly, with alllocation $s, etc) but obviously the amounts each teams contribute might vary a lot if it some percentage of gate.

This has to be creating a tension at the board level between the owners.

All ticket prices have to be approved by MLS. Remember that Garber last year made TFC throw in the "free game" at the start of this season (he realized that ML$E had taken things too far).

I'm not sure there is much tension between the owners. They recognize that MLS' socialist system works to keep small market and weaker teams alive, and you need a full stable of teams to make a league go. It's not like MLS is the only North American sports league that does this, either. Without that sharing their would probably be only 6 or so teams.

All of the owner/operators bought into it as part of their investment in MLS.

The gate receipts aren't the most important thing, anyway, for profitability. It is the TV and friendly revenues that SUM pulls in that dwarfs the gate receipts, again shared equally.

ensco
09-23-2011, 01:20 PM
It's a shame, because the loss of SSHs and all those empty seats will really hurt the team, but cutting prices was never happening.

If there's been a mistake in pricing TFC tickets historically, why would anyone expect the people who did it to own up to it today, with all the career risk that entails, and in the middle of a process that within weeks could result in Anselmi's elevation to CEO if all goes well, or new bosses at the MLSE level coming in if it doesn't?

If you were Anselmi/Beirne, wouldn't it be smarter to continue to bask in the glow of getting prices this high in the first place? All you have to do is blame non-renewals on the on-field product (which, let's face it, is only connected to the mistakes of the business guys if you really understand what is going on here, which not many suits at the next owner of MLSE will), and see what happens down the line.

They'll run their business, and I'll run my life. I'm cutting my TFC SSH spend 50-100%.

ryan
09-23-2011, 01:43 PM

I've been on the Gold List since year 2 and have only ever been offered 200 level season seats, so I just bite the bullet and buy 2 partial packs in the top of 111 like i've done the past 2 years.

Now despite knowing that the top 10 rows of 111 don't really have much in terms of SSH, I still won't get a crack at owning those as my own seats next season for whatever reasons. Oh well.

So this year I plant to just buy the smallest package I can get to stay on the list, sell em at face value to family and friends and buy the 50% off travelzoo tickets, scalpers, RPB TT or whatever other deals that come up for myself. All those deals this year really made me sour on buying seats because it wasn't worth it with all the availability and deals that appeared.

Being on the Gold list still gives me an early enough shot at CCL (where I can easily get yellows at the same price as SSH) or playoffs should we ever get there. So I'm alright with this approach.

I want to hold my spot in line while giving MLSE as little as possible.

Rudy
09-23-2011, 02:56 PM

Very well-said. Right on the nail. You are absolutely right, and MLSE should hire you on staff for this. This is brilliant because it's so true. Same happens when I take my son who is 5 yrs old. I end up spending way more. He loves TFC now, we go to community practices, we buy TFC merchandise. He talks to his friends about it. Now they wanna come too!!! MLSE deleted the Youth Ticket price from SSH pricing this year???? WHY????

jazzy
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM

But don't overlook 111, top of 110, 114, 115...still think there will be every location available, esp if you talk to a ticket rep that u were thinking of becoming a sth but were hesitant, unless you can get somewhere into the location you desire......don't be a pushover. It's funny how preferred locations pop up, out of nowhere...

billyfly
09-23-2011, 03:30 PM
There will be 1 or 2 tkts in 112 aisle 15 not renewed.

T-boy
09-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Very well-said. Right on the nail. You are absolutely right, and MLSE should hire you on staff for this. This is brilliant because it's so true. Same happens when I take my son who is 5 yrs old. I end up spending way more. He loves TFC now, we go to community practices, we buy TFC merchandise. He talks to his friends about it. Now they wanna come too!!! MLSE deleted the Youth Ticket price from SSH pricing this year???? WHY????

It's just like how I got into soccer back in the UK. My dad took me one game and I was hooked. I "made" my dad get a season ticket for years just so I could go to games! Then as soon as I was 18, I got my own season ticket.

Kids don't really care about the result of a game, they love the atmosphere...and ALL the players (even the ones we think are crappy!) are hero's to little kids!

TFC really need to work on kids at games, give them proper incentives to be there, and bring their dads/mums with them, who will thern spend the money. Parents will do amazing things, like spend a crap load of money, if it kids their little one happy for a Saturday afternoon!

TorontoPat
09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I've been on the Gold List since year 2 and have only ever been offered 200 level season seats, so I just bite the bullet and buy 2 partial packs in the top of 111 like i've done the past 2 years.

Now despite knowing that the top 10 rows of 111 don't really have much in terms of SSH, I still won't get a crack at owning those as my own seats next season for whatever reasons. Oh well.

So this year I plant to just buy the smallest package I can get to stay on the list, sell em at face value to family and friends and buy the 50% off travelzoo tickets, scalpers, RPB TT or whatever other deals that come up for myself. All those deals this year really made me sour on buying seats because it wasn't worth it with all the availability and deals that appeared.

Being on the Gold list still gives me an early enough shot at CCL (where I can easily get yellows at the same price as SSH) or playoffs should we ever get there. So I'm alright with this approach.

I want to hold my spot in line while giving MLSE as little as possible.
I was on the red list and was offered season seats in 3 price categories. I declined as well.

ArmenJBX
09-23-2011, 06:44 PM
It's been 6 years and I haven't been offered season seats yet.

What a joke...

TFCRegina
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM

What a joke...

They can take your favourite players, but they'll never take your money!

TorontoPat
09-23-2011, 06:51 PM

What a joke...
Wow, that is strange. I bought tickets to the group stage on my own account, this Gold lists me. So I'm sure I'll get an email again.........which I'll decline.

Auzzy
09-23-2011, 08:15 PM

What a joke...

What waiting list are you on?

And how long have you been on the waiting list?

Huyton
09-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I've been on the waiting list since before the first game, when I realized that I'd badly mistaken the level of interest and demand for tickets.

I took partial packs when they were offered at the end of Season 1. My seatmate took the Marlies tickets for him and his girlfriend. This moved us from the Red list to the Gold list.

My son and his girlfriend split the games, and so I now have three pairs of partial packs.

For the last three years we've been at, or near, the top of 111, and had no difficulty getting in 114 for CCL and NutCan games.

On the whole, it's worked out reasonably well, although last year, I got royally screwed out of seasons tickets.

This year, I'll try again. By now, I've got to be close to the top of the list, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get three (or four) seasons tickets in 111 or some other place at a similar price point. The ultimate goal is to get into the South Stands.

I can recommend the top of 111. This year, we've made friends with 4evared, his son and wife, and while it has been louder in years past, the majority of those up there do a reasonable job of singing and chanting. We get a lot of tourists up there, some of whom are not exactly enamoured of us bellowing in their ears all game. Tough...it's a Supporters Section...sorry the scalper you got the tickets from didn't tell you that.

The thing that is annoying is that 4evared has seasons tickets, and he is one row down from us. We are in the second to top row, and have seats 10, 11 and 12 for one partial pack, and 18, 19, and 20 for the other. Must admit to some curiosity as to who had either of the seats for the Vancouver game (the only one we didn't have tickets for).

Anyway, it'll be interesting next year to see how they split 17 games into 2 partial packs. Well, I hope it will be interesting instead of vital, as I expect that I'll be graduating in a couple of months.

flatpicker
09-24-2011, 09:06 AM
I've debated about renewing for the last two years.
And I'm debating it again.

Being a life long Leafs fan, "there's always next year" is something I've heard and said a lot.
And I'm sure many will agree, it's exhausting!

And now, I find myself saying it again with TFC.
But I actually believe there is evidence that things will be much brighter in 2012.
I don't feel like Toronto's recent success has been a blip on the radar.
I honestly believe serious improvements have been made.
And I think, if they can mend the defence, Toronto could be one of the better teams in MLS.

brad
09-24-2011, 09:42 AM

I don't think they are blind to the benefits of the cheaper options in the long term. I suspect they know the market very well and understand this.

I think the real problem is the guys make the choices now could care less about TFC in the long term - they are interested in making their bonuses now and climb the corporate ladder now. Sounds like Anselmi is in line for Peddies job when he retires - so for him it's mission accomplished.

I agree it's short sighted - but such behavior is common place for people looking for personal gain in the corporate world.

SoccMan
09-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Ya I know we have won a few games these past few weeks,however, it's performances like last night that make me think that it's still the same old crap and I'm just tired of all these crap games like last night, and to make matters worse I look at the highlights of the DC Real Salt lake game and see DeRosario scoring three amazing goals and setting up another won as DC clobbered Real Salt lake 4 to 1, and it just shows what kind of an organization we are dealing with who could not find away to keep a MLS legend that is DeRosario happy, a local Toronto boy at that, and this organization wants my hard earned money again!

rocker
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Ya I know we have won a few games these past few weeks,however, it's performances like last night that make me think that it's still the same old crap and I'm just tired of all these crap games like last night, and to make matters worse I look at the highlights of the DC Real Salt lake game and see DeRosario scoring three amazing goals and setting up another won as DC clobbered Real Salt lake 4 to 1, and it just shows what kind of an organization we are dealing with who could not find away to keep a MLS legend that is DeRosario happy, a local Toronto boy at that, and this organization wants my hard earned money again!

Why would you think one game reflects on the team more broadly?

RSL just lost 4-1. Does that reflect on RSL broadly or is it just one game?

It's fascinating how when TFC beats Columbus 4-2 on the road barely anyone talks about it. But a 3-0 loss to Chivas is a reflection on greater concerns with the team....? They did, after all, beat Colorado and RSL recently as well. But a 3-0 loss on the road and suddenly it's "the same old crap"?

I'm starting to think this team must win every single game, home and road, or else the critics will jump on them. As Batman showed in another thread, the team has improved as the season has gone on based on points per game. But no team is going to win every game -- a 3-0 road loss doesn't mean as much as you seem to make it.

And TFC is playing better, points per game, in the second half, than they ever did with De Rosario. Danny Koevermans is scoring at a higher rate than De Ro did with TFC. People need to stop referring to De Ro, since we've already replaced him well enough and the team actually looks like a team now. Under De Ro, the team looked like the "De Ro show" and how far did that get us?

TorontoPat
09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
That is annoying, they do that with the Leafs as well. I bet every other pro team would love to have a hometown guy on their team. Apparently it's not the way MLSE rolls:(

SoccMan
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I have nothing else to add about a player like DeRosario I have said what had to be stated about DeRo in my last post, just have a look at the highlights from last night's DC vs. Real Salt Lake game and remember that this was a former TFC player who this organization felt did not deserve any more money than he was getting. I don't care what player this league brings over from Europe but I will be surprised that you will ever see a more dominating performance than you saw last night in the DC vs. Real Salt lake game last night by local Toronto boy and former TFC player DeRosario!

Toronto_Bhoy
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
I will be cutting my season's ticket renewal in half.

I can not justify the value. They are just not worth the money.

For those who are looking for tickets for next year my guess would be you won't have a problem. I know more than half in my "immediate" section will not be renewing!

I see lean days ahead for TFC…they've killed the Golden Goose.

Fools...

mightydrm
09-25-2011, 09:08 PM
What kind of "supporters" are most of the posters on this blog? "Miserable whinging bastards" is more like it than Red Patch Boys. Yes, TFC screwed up with the price hike last year. Yes, they should have kept DeRo. But so what? BMO is a great experience when we make it one - and Winter so far has made excellent moves to support our desire for a winning team. So for all you whiners - please don't renew. (If you really have tickets, which I seriously doubt). I'm renewing, because I really enjoy TFC, and BMO. If you don't, we don't need, or want, you.

Oblio2
09-25-2011, 09:15 PM
What kind of "supporters" are most of the posters on this blog? "Miserable whinging bastards" is more like it than Red Patch Boys. Yes, TFC screwed up with the price hike last year. Yes, they should have kept DeRo. But so what? BMO is a great experience when we make it one - and Winter so far has made excellent moves to support our desire for a winning team. So for all you whiners - please don't renew. (If you really have tickets, which I seriously doubt). I'm renewing, because I really enjoy TFC, and BMO. If you don't, we don't need, or want, you.

Hi Paul Bierne

swan
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mightydrm
09-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Nope. Just a fan. Who actually enjoys TFC, travels, etc. If I don't renew, it will be with the Red Patch Boys, not the club.

Fort York Redcoat
09-26-2011, 06:35 AM
One thing I'd like to point out is that regardless if life restricts you from renewing your season's tickets it won't limit your importance to the group. If you can make it out to banner painting or Academy games it will make a big difference from limiting your experience to only the board.

kodiakTFC
09-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I renewed my 3 seats in 111. Hopefully i'll move either closer to the bottom or into 112-115.

Suds
09-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm renewing for sure. What can I say. I'm a fanboy. :D

Regardless of the 5 year on-filed disaster which is getting marginally better and the fact the TFC FO has managed to screw the pooch on a lot of things that have taken the luster off game-day, I still love going to games.

RPB, tailgates, traveling to away games, hanging with the friends I've made, and cheering on my home team are still all too enjoyable for me to give it up. I'll be there in 2012!

Pookie
09-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I have nothing else to add about a player like DeRosario I have said what had to be stated about DeRo in my last post, just have a look at the highlights from last night's DC vs. Real Salt Lake game and remember that this was a former TFC player who this organization felt did not deserve any more money than he was getting. I don't care what player this league brings over from Europe but I will be surprised that you will ever see a more dominating performance than you saw last night in the DC vs. Real Salt lake game last night by local Toronto boy and former TFC player DeRosario!

If DeRo keeps it up, he might one day be considered as good as Jeff Cunningham

Pookie
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I renewed.

I like the team. I like going. Prices can always be cheaper. At the end of the day, it is great set of memories that I am creating/storing with my wife and kids.

flatpicker
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I renewed my 3 seats in 111. Hopefully i'll move either closer to the bottom or into 112-115.

I'm in the same situation.
I'm up in row 25 of 111.
Although, I think I have been in those seats maybe twice this year.

T-boy
09-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm in 113, and I will be renewing.

However, I will say, that if I was in ANY other section other than the supporters section, I would no way be renewing. Even the hardest of hardcore fans would find it difficult to justify the massive cost in renewing some of those season tickets! When we are talking $1000, you really can't justify paying that!

It's not about being a REAL fan, or a RPB, or bleeding TFC blood, its about justifying paying a massive amount of money and getting some entertainment value out of it. You simply cannot justify paying $1000 for a seat where you are miserable every Saturday nght.

The price of the supporters section is the ONLY one that has ANY value for money, so I feel very lucky to have a season ticket in that section. Otherwise, I wouldn't be renewing.

Pookie
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
^ misery is a choice isn't it?

Ever tailgate at an NFL game following a team that is shite? Something to be said for getting together with friends and family, on a weekend, around something you all like and spending time together riding the highs and lows. Sometimes there is more value in things other than the score.

TFCknw
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Ever tailgate at an NFL game following a team that is shite? Something to be said for getting together with friends and family, on a weekend, around something you all like and spending time together riding the highs and lows. Sometimes there is more value in things other than the score.

Holy moly!! You have an answer for everything Pookie. :rolleyes:

TFC Cityboy
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Ever tailgate at an NFL game following a team that is shite? Something to be said for getting together with friends and family, on a weekend, around something you all like and spending time together riding the highs and lows. Sometimes there is more value in things other than the score. spot on.

London
09-26-2011, 12:48 PM
i just tried to renew my single in 112 with the 4 payment option.

first off i think it tried to charge my card at that moment when it says it will be taken out in october, and secondly i keep getting errors when i submitt payment saying there was a payment problem, i checked my credit card and there are lots of funds available.

anyone have this problem???

redcard
09-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I will be cutting my season's ticket renewal in half.

I can not justify the value. They are just not worth the money.

For those who are looking for tickets for next year my guess would be you won't have a problem. I know more than half in my "immediate" section will not be renewing!

I see lean days ahead for TFC…they've killed the Golden Goose.

Fools...

Half of you section not renewing...highly doubt that...they're telling you that so they can pick up your seats, or move to yours during relocation...

Joe Kool
09-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I will be renewing for sure in time for the early bird draw but this is the first year that I didn't feel like doing it right away as soon as the email hit my inbox like I did in previous years. I thought I might as well let them sweat a bit. Last year I renewed right away then they decided to change the package and give us a free game and the credits on my account got screwed up. I never got the full money back according to my calculation. I tried to pursue it a few times and my rep kept saying he would get back to me each time but never did and there is only so much time and effort I wanted to spend chasing about $40 in credit.

billyfly
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM
There will be 1 or 2 tkts in 112 aisle 15 not renewed.

1 tkt left.

pekduck
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
i just tried to renew my single in 112 with the 4 payment option.

first off i think it tried to charge my card at that moment when it says it will be taken out in october, and secondly i keep getting errors when i submitt payment saying there was a payment problem, i checked my credit card and there are lots of funds available.

anyone have this problem???

no issues for me.

kodiakTFC
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm in the same situation.
I'm up in row 25 of 111.
Although, I think I have been in those seats maybe twice this year.

It's pretty sad. Up to even 2 years ago the top of 111 was a great section. We sang and chanted all game, no issues with tourist or people sitting, and now 111 is just so damn tame.

jaahuuu
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm going to renew, but I'm going to wait until a day or 2 before the deadline. I haven't read the fine print, but I doubt I'm eligable to win any of the prizes, and if I wait until the end of the renewal period the charge will hit the beginning of the next billing period on my credit card, giving me almost an extra month before the bill's due.

kaos197O
09-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm dropping 2 for sure in 109 and will look to mOve my other 2 from 111 to something cheaper. The way it is now you can sit virtually wherever you want in the more expesive sections whether you have tickets in them or not. Renewals will likely be as poor as last season I would imagine. Not enough positives from this season to inspire a huge amount of interest in acquiring Season Seats from those who don't already have them either. Should be a tough couple of months for the ticket sales reps yet again.

redcard
09-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm dropping 2 for sure in 109 and will look to mOve my other 2 from 111 to something cheaper. The way it is now you can sit virtually wherever you want in the more expesive sections whether you have tickets in them or not. Renewals will likely be as poor as last season I would imagine. Not enough positives from this season to inspire a huge amount of interest in acquiring Season Seats from those who don't already have them either. Should be a tough couple of months for the ticket sales reps yet again.

i would disagree, just look at the last home match against colorado...the time was switched to earlier and the stadium was full...previous matches during the mid season down swing the stadium wasnt even close to be full...it seems the fans are seeing a turn around...and i would bet the remaining few games will be close to sell outs as well...

T-boy
09-26-2011, 04:03 PM
i would disagree, just look at the last home match against colorado...the time was switched to earlier and the stadium was full...previous matches during the mid season down swing the stadium wasnt even close to be full...it seems the fans are seeing a turn around...and i would bet the remaining few games will be close to sell outs as well...

One of which is against the Red Bulls...the second bigger crowd puller in the league! I think the NE game will be a better indication of the REAL support for TFC - the end of October, it will probably be chilly....that will only draw the REAL fans.

GBV
09-26-2011, 04:57 PM

Colorado game wasn't full. Lots of empties.
The Sun made mention in their game story, too:

>>The Reds, now 6-12-12, outplayed the Rapids in the first half despite a 2-0 shots on goal edge for the visitors, but had nothing to show for it in front of an announced crowd of 20,318 that was likely about 5,000 people short of that number.

rocker
09-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm in 113, and I will be renewing.

However, I will say, that if I was in ANY other section other than the supporters section, I would no way be renewing. Even the hardest of hardcore fans would find it difficult to justify the massive cost in renewing some of those season tickets! When we are talking $1000, you really can't justify paying that!

It's not about being a REAL fan, or a RPB, or bleeding TFC blood, its about justifying paying a massive amount of money and getting some entertainment value out of it. You simply cannot justify paying $1000 for a seat where you are miserable every Saturday nght.

The price of the supporters section is the ONLY one that has ANY value for money, so I feel very lucky to have a season ticket in that section. Otherwise, I wouldn't be renewing.

You're "miserable" every Saturday night when TFC wins slightly more than it loses at home? To each his own, I guess. I'd be miserable if they had no wins at home........ but they play decently at home. Now, if I was going to the road games, I'd be miserable. But I don't... I only pay for home games and I've seen a modest winning record for my money.

Secondly, any statement of value is a subjective, individual decision. I just paid $1900 for my two dark greys and I disagree that it doesn't have "ANY value for money". I have a good time watching TFC, and it's a good night out with my father. I can justify the money. If you can't afford $1000 fine, but that's a personal decision based upon one's own finances. To state that it doesn't have value for other people means you're speaking for other people.

billygrieveuk
09-26-2011, 06:24 PM
the first couple of seasons this team meant something to me, but its worn off.
I renewed my 2 seats for next year in section 111, and plan on selling half the games to a friend, and giving 2-4 games to my nephew.

TFC games are just for fun
see you next year!

TorontoPat
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Oh I think TFC needs us. Team won't last long if only a few hundred show up for a game.

flatpicker
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM
the first couple of seasons this team meant something to me, but its worn off.
I renewed my 2 seats for next year in section 111, and plan on selling half the games to a friend, and giving 2-4 games to my nephew.

TFC games are just for fun
see you next year!

I understand what you're saying.
Constant losing can sometimes take the passion out of things.
Lord knows, I don't feel quite the same way about the Leafs anymore.
The only cure is winning.
I'll probably renew my tix for 2012, but another year of misery might do me in.

Mark in Ottawa
09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
As always, as a Gold Lister, I will have to wait quite a while for the renewal circus to get around to me. It will be interesting what sort of partial packs they end up marketing next season.

TorontoPat
09-26-2011, 07:17 PM
As always, as a Gold Lister, I will have to wait quite a while for the renewal circus to get around to me. It will be interesting what sort of partial packs they end up marketing next season.
I'd look into why you weren't offered seats. I was offered the opportunity last season and I was on the red list.

Mark in Ottawa
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I'd look into why you weren't offered seats. I was offered the opportunity and I was on the red list.
Sorry. What I meant was they start with the full season seats and after they have dealt with them and their relocation requests then they get to the Gold list (and the Red List after that). I have been on the gold list for 3 seasons but never got the same seats twice.

They always seem to hold back a certain, unknown, number of seats in all of the price ranges for partial pack sales which I appreciate because as an out of towner more than 4 hours away a full season is just not on.

We went from 6 game "ransom" packs (hated paying for those those Marlie tickets), to 6 game partials and then 9 game partial packs.

It was after I had purchased a 1/2 season of 9 games that I discovered the FO was selling 4 game packs which might have suited me better. It would keep me on the Gold list and in the Ticket Manager System and allow me to pick and choose the extra games I wanted to attend based on travel deals, work schedules and chance to attend tailgates :D

We will have to see what the ticket sales staff have to say when my phone finally starts ringing. Either way I will still be renewing my RPB membership. Coming to games to see my TFC friends is part of the experience for me and often the best part considering some of the footy I have paid to watch.

TorontoPat
09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I see, you're a Gold lister by choice. Cool, great that you come so far to support the team.

dow117
09-27-2011, 05:50 AM
I have 2 pair of season tix in 117. I will renew them but I will probably want to sell a pair for the season. Good aisle seats in row 5. How do you xfer ownership ????

nascarguy
09-27-2011, 06:12 AM
I'd look into why you weren't offered seats. I was offered the opportunity last season and I was on the red list.same with me I told them what it will take to get me back. I do not care if I have season ticket. This season I have saved so much money by not having a season ticket.

Oblio2
09-27-2011, 07:54 AM
We have "released" our seasons in 127...we got them 2 seasons ago and were selling them at face value to friends who wanted to go, especially in the NEE section. Now, we can't give them away...so, they officially gone. The ones in 110....well, I am giving them up, my Brother will take them over. If I ever want to go to game...I can get my pick of tickets.
The shine has worn off......

CoachGT
09-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Renewed. No question. No issues.

This is the only game in town, and regardless of results, I will support the team in the best way that I can.

T-boy
09-27-2011, 09:17 AM
You're "miserable" every Saturday night when TFC wins slightly more than it loses at home? To each his own, I guess. I'd be miserable if they had no wins at home........ but they play decently at home. Now, if I was going to the road games, I'd be miserable. But I don't... I only pay for home games and I've seen a modest winning record for my money.

Secondly, any statement of value is a subjective, individual decision. I just paid $1900 for my two dark greys and I disagree that it doesn't have "ANY value for money". I have a good time watching TFC, and it's a good night out with my father. I can justify the money. If you can't afford $1000 fine, but that's a personal decision based upon one's own finances. To state that it doesn't have value for other people means you're speaking for other people.

You've clearly never watched a good enertaining soccer team with a good home record. If you had, you would realise that TFC home games, where they SCRAP a result out, even if they win at all (and they haven't for most of the season), are poor poor soccer entertainment.

And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!

The lack of expectation among TFC fans astounds me! Or, I clearly have amazingly high expectations (having seen the wonderful heights of League 2 football in England!).

T-boy
09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't understand the attitude on this thread of certain individuals who are saying that "if you don't really want your season ticket, then we don't need you, please go away".

YES, we DO need you. We need you ALL. The people on this forum clearly have the desire for TFC to succeed as a soccer team. Why else would you be on such a TFC centric internet forum?!

But lets be realistic....TFC have had a poor season, and the home games have been a scrap, and the entertainment value of tickets, COMPARED to other forms of entertainment in the city, is poor. However, we need to KEEP those people who have season tickets, even if they are struggling to justify renewing on the back of poor performances and low value for money. We NEED to keep these supporters around as much as the supporters who LOVE going every week irrespective of results and entertainement.

It's time to stop telling people to leave, and start trying to get people to STAY, because we need as many season ticket holder as we can get...otherwise the atmosphere at BMO (which has already declined) is going to be a graveyard!

lintberg
09-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Renewed all 5 of my seats in 110. I will support my team through thick and thin.
Also, I have a good feeling about next season!!

Canary10
09-27-2011, 09:39 AM
"And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!"

I'd say that's true of the entire MLS. The difference between it and almost any level of English football is astounding. Especially the speed. MLS is so slow by comparison.

T-boy
09-27-2011, 09:56 AM
"And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!"

I'd say that's true of the entire MLS. The difference between it and almost any level of English football is astounding. Especially the speed. MLS is so slow by comparison.

This is true. My comparison isn't a good one really. It's kinda like comparing mens and womens soccer. They are the same game with the same rules, but the play is entirely different. So, yes, good point.

So, I guess I'm still realising that I'm no necessarily a fan of "football"...I'm a fan of certain types of football in certain countries!

Nevertheless, I'll be renewing my season ticket as I'm TFC through and through, and I can't go back on that now...not since 'seat cushions' and 'squirrel' in season one. My hate of MLS style "soccer" is kind of irrelevant!

Yohan
09-27-2011, 10:27 AM
You've clearly never watched a good enertaining soccer team with a good home record. If you had, you would realise that TFC home games, where they SCRAP a result out, even if they win at all (and they haven't for most of the season), are poor poor soccer entertainment.

And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!

The lack of expectation among TFC fans astounds me! Or, I clearly have amazingly high expectations (having seen the wonderful heights of League 2 football in England!).
you need to watch more MLS games and not just TFC games

PopePouri
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM

The LA / NY game comes to mind.

Suds
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM

In fairness, I find it hard to get motivated to watch most MLS games that TFC is not involved in. There are some match-ups that happen throughout the year I make a point of watching because of the possible rivalry or impact on standings/playoffs.

As a neutral I find many of the games lacking in energy from the players or fans. I guess over time as the league matures and rivalries become more engrained in the game I'll increase the number of other games I watch.

Carts
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
In fairness, I find it hard to get motivated to watch most MLS games that TFC is not involved in. There are some match-ups that happen throughout the year I make a point of watching because of the possible rivalry or impact on standings/playoffs.

As a neutral I find many of the games lacking in energy from the players or fans. I guess over time as the league matures and rivalries become more engrained in the game I'll increase the number of other games I watch.

Or do what I do - use it as a reason to drink beer! :drinking:

Yohan
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM

And that's fine, if you aren't interested in watching MLS games. I'm not directing at you specifically, but people should be very careful about making sweeping generalizations, unless you actually watch a lot of MLS games

Alonso
09-27-2011, 10:57 AM

Exactly, there is some good fast, crisp passing football being played around the league at times. TFC aren't there yet, but give it another year.

Try watching RSL, Seattle, LA, Dallas who can all play a great game. With the parity in this league you won't see the clear domination that you do in other leagues though.

T-boy
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Fair point.

But this may sound a stupid question...but how do I watch more MLS games?! It's not like they are on Canadian TV! It's hard to get into a league when the games are totally unaccessible!

PopePouri
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Fair point.

But this may sound a stupid question...but how do I watch more MLS games?! It's not like they are on Canadian TV! It's hard to get into a league when the games are totally unaccessible!

TSN2 has played a couple.

Auzzy
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Fair point.

MLS MatchDay Live is very affordable -- high quality streaming. You can watch most games live, and all of them archived. "Very affordable" is a relative term of course, but usually early in the season they have a good deal. I think I paid $20 for this season???

Canary10
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
I've watched quite a few, and they are just not at the level of the UK. Even the best MLS teams. There isn't the same speed of ball movement.

T-boy
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
MLS MatchDay Live is very affordable -- high quality streaming. You can watch most games live, and all of them archived. "Very affordable" is a relative term of course, but usually early in the season they have a good deal. I think I paid $20 for this season???

I'm assuming this is internet streaming and not a TV channel, right?????

brad
09-27-2011, 11:11 AM

I guess it all comes down to what each of us defines as entertainment and how we associate value to our money.

To continue with your analogy with lower league English football - I have family over there that have renewed their seasons for decades watching their local club bounce between the lower leagues and the conference (mostly playing dull, uninspired football while being horribly mis-managed) because that is their team and that is what they do. They could easily dropped those tickets and put the money towards far more entertaining football in the area as there are several top EPL clubs within short reach. But those clubs are not their club.

You've deemed that despite hating the product, it's still worth a few hundred dollars to you. That's cool. Others may have deemed that it's worth a lot more than that to them. That's also cool.

For me - I'll renew my light greys. I'd like to see a better product on the pitch - but the product is still my team, and to me live football at the professional level is better than no live football - even when the quality is poor.

Yohan
09-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm assuming this is internet streaming and not a TV channel, right?????
yes.

I've also put up live streams on the forum for ongoing mls games throughout the season

Yohan
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I've watched quite a few, and they are just not at the level of the UK. Even the best MLS teams. There isn't the same speed of ball movement.
obviously you're not going to get EPL quality footy but to say MLS games are 'boring' I think is wrong.

And I don't think most leagues play at same ball movement speed like EPL anyways.

Carts
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Fair point.

Here's the rest of the season on TSN/TSN2 - and SportsNet has the rest of the Vancouver Games (available in our region as well)...

Thursday, Sept. 29
DC United @ Philadelphia 8pm/5pm TSN2

Saturday, Oct. 1
New York @ Toronto 7:30pm/4:30pm TSN

Tuesday, Oct. 4
Los Angeles @ New York 8pm/5pm TSN2

Sunday, Oct. 2
Portland @ Vancouver 4pm/1pm TSN2

Friday, Oct. 14
Real Salt Lake @ Colorado 10:30pm/7:30pm TSN2

Saturday, Oct. 15
Toronto @ Philadelphia 4pm/1pm TSN