PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heading to Philly?

MarkEightThree
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Thinking about going to the city of brotherly love for TFC's 10/15 match, anyone else going? Not sure if there's going to be an away support section I should be buying into or even a bus traveling down there for the game. With the way The Reds have been playing they might even pull off another road victory!

:scarf:

prizby
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
any bus travelling down there would be done on the members section, that being said, you will find many to be very reluctant to go back to philly unless something is done about getting us to and from the stadium soundly...ie. not standing around for 2 hours in downtown Chester

Flint
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I heard Chester is really nice this time of year :D

MarkEightThree
09-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Ouch, that bad? It can't be worse than going to Columbus or Detroit for Can v USA... hopefully. Is it so ghetto that you would be scared to leave your rental car parked outside the stadium?

:facepalm:

prizby
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
chester makes jane and finch feel like the bridal path

Yeoman
09-20-2011, 04:43 AM
Ouch, that bad? It can't be worse than going to Columbus or Detroit for Can v USA... hopefully. Is it so ghetto that you would be scared to leave your rental car parked outside the stadium?

:facepalm:

it's the second worst slum in the us that actually has martial law at night
yup have fun
*shudder*

Ben - D.O.W.
09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Yeah last year we heard all about the martial law (no groups after dark - started when a toddler was shot in the head in a drive by), got laughed at by cab companies when we tried to get them to come out and get us, and all around had a shitty experience out at the game. Especially when you consider that all Philly sports fans are assholes, and you get to sit right beside them.

Not eager to go back.

MarkEightThree
09-20-2011, 10:13 AM
You guys are crazy, it's not like they're under a state of emergency or anythi.... oh wait: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7507954
I guess I won't be going this year. Was looking forward to it, TFC away game, right on my birthday too, but I guess I'd rather live PAST my 28th birthday.

Are there any away trips planned for the remainder of the season? I don't have access to the RPB Members section so I don't know. Tried signing up at the beginning of the season but never got a response to my application. If need be and there is a trip I'll sign up and pay the $20 now to get in on the planning for it.

Edit: Nevermind, checked the rest of sked and there's only LA & Texas for this season. Maybe next year.

Yeoman
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
don't me wrong, i personally LOVED philly
just chester? eesh never again man
well maybe

lobo
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
fuck it ... i'd love to go

snoopdog
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
I,ve made arrangements to check it out, lets put it this way, Chester is the type of place where you don't stop to fill up. I'm not crazy just have family in the Philly area who are Union supporters, the away I see it you only live once.
A Come On You Reds!

Flint
09-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Went to not likely going to possibly going. Will know closer to the date.

Alonso
09-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Chester: Population of 34,000 2010 homicide rate: 24

Toronto: Population of 2,480,000 2010 homicide rate: 18

I don't like these odds, but then again I have family in Nuevo Laredo that I visit all the time.