PDA

View Full Version : PRE GAME TFC vs Tauro FC Tue.Sep.20th

denime
09-19-2011, 07:37 AM
A "MUST WIN" game for us.

Hopefully we can carry on our momentum from MLS games and keep scoring.

bman27
09-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Agreed that it is a huge game for us.

Hopefully we see another strong game from koovermans, its a shame Avila is cap tied, he added alot up front last game.

We need to bring it in the Stands tomorrow as well! forget the haters, lets focus on getting behind the boys.

Technorgasm
09-19-2011, 07:54 AM
I might not be able to make the game tomorrow.

I assume that it will be on GOLTV?

denime
09-19-2011, 07:59 AM
I might not be able to make the game tomorrow.

I assume that it will be on GOLTV?

NO,it's on Setanta

(CCL) Toronto FC vs Tauro F.C Tuesday, September 20th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on Setanta

Technorgasm
09-19-2011, 08:22 AM
So I have to either go to the mathc, or hope for a stream. .

but. . but. . but. . its a school night?!

Oldtimer
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Stream will be on CONCACAF TV (free, but registration required):

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,12907,00.html

Oldtimer
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Terry Vaughn will be ref. That's good news, he's actually a very good referee.

dupont
09-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Need this win more than any other this season!

Carefree
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Terry Vaughn will be ref. That's good news, he's actually a very good referee.
Does that mean he likely won't fall for all the flopping, which I fully expect from Tauro?

ManUtd4ever
09-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I think Winter should use the same lineup that he used against Colorado, with Marosevic filling in for Avila.

TFC 1 Tauro 0

--------------Kocic---------------

Eckersley---Harden---Iro---Morgan

----DeGuzman-------Frings--------

------------Marosevic-------------

Soolsma-------------------Johnson

-----------Koevermans------------

Subs: Dunfield, Stinson, Henry

flatpicker
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Up until 20 minutes ago, I thought this game was on Wednesday.

Does that make me a bad supporter?

Carefree
09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
^^^ yes.

James17930
09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I haven't been able to watch a game in ages because of crappy time differences (I just check the highlights after), but if they win this one there's no way I'm missing the Pumas game next week, even if it's on at 4:00 am.

__wowza
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
im calling a 3-1 win for the TFC.
johnson 2 / danny k 1

rocktml
09-19-2011, 02:13 PM
LOUD AND PROUD!!!! OR STAY HOME!!!!!

Dont want to repeat what happen last game.

prizby
09-19-2011, 03:23 PM
on the sportsnet website...apparently the game according to their tv schedule is now on SportsNetOne

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Need this one bad....and hopefully Dallas will do us a fav...!!! and make that home game vs Pumas..a night to remember!

Suds
09-19-2011, 03:35 PM
I think Winter should use the same lineup that he used against Colorado, with Marosevic filling in for Avila.

TFC 1 Tauro 0

--------------Kocic---------------

Eckersley---Harden---Iro---Morgan

----DeGuzman-------Frings--------

------------Marosevic-------------

Soolsma-------------------Johnson

-----------Koevermans------------

Subs: Dunfield, Stinson, Henry

Is the new defender we traded for cup tied?

If we get a decent lead this might be the game to give him some minutes towards the end.

Klinsmann
09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Is the new defender we traded for cup tied?

If we get a decent lead this might be the game to give him some minutes towards the end.

Davies was on the roster for LA in concacaf but didn't play.
Would this make him available for Toronto?

mowe
09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
TFC should have no trouble beating Tauro at home (and it's a must-win, too). More important is the result in Dallas, a win or draw by FCD would be huge to keep TFC alive.

Best case scenario (FCD beats Pumas):
Dallas 13 pts (beat Pumas, beat Tauro, lost to TFC)
TFC 10 pts (beat Tauro, drew Pumas, beat FCD)
Pumas 8 pts (lost to FCD, drew TFC, beat Tauro)
Tauro 2 pts (lose next 3 matches)

As you can see, this would mean that TFC only has to draw Pumas at home in addition to beating FCD (who by that point should have the group wrapped up and be focusing on the playoffs) to advance. Not easy by any means, but it's the best position to be in at this point.

However, if Pumas beats Dallas, TFC would need 3 points against Pumas at home.

DichioTFC
09-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Biggest game of the season thus far. We need to win, and win big.

I'm hoping the boys are fired up after being the MLS Cup champs and get some of the goal differential back in their favour.

4-1 TFC

wellsmark
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
where will they red patch boys being chanting songs before they game becuase i what to come and chant with you guys will you guys be at they go and ttc gate standing there chanting what time are you guys going to be there so i can come and chant i am going to they game tommorw

Relja
09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
im coming after school going to be loud and proud

kodiakTFC
09-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I assume we win this one, perhaps 3-0. The real story is the Pumas vs. Dallas game, a Dallas win could really help our odds.

Cas87
09-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Wonder if the TFC scoreboard will give the crowd Leaf updates?

For the love of God I hope not

Detroit_TFC
09-20-2011, 08:24 AM
TFC should have no trouble beating Tauro at home (and it's a must-win, too). More important is the result in Dallas, a win or draw by FCD would be huge to keep TFC alive.

Best case scenario (FCD beats Pumas):
Dallas 13 pts (beat Pumas, beat Tauro, lost to TFC)
TFC 10 pts (beat Tauro, drew Pumas, beat FCD)
Pumas 8 pts (lost to FCD, drew TFC, beat Tauro)
Tauro 2 pts (lose next 3 matches)

As you can see, this would mean that TFC only has to draw Pumas at home in addition to beating FCD (who by that point should have the group wrapped up and be focusing on the playoffs) to advance. Not easy by any means, but it's the best position to be in at this point.

However, if Pumas beats Dallas, TFC would need 3 points against Pumas at home.

Plausible but I am concerned about Puma beating Dallas. Puma's coach made some noise in the press that he is going to start using more starters for the remaining CCL games.

Waggy
09-20-2011, 08:53 AM
I have a few first timers coming to the game today, I want to show them the up to date song book and teach them some of the chants but the most recent I can find is from 09? Is that right or is there an up to date chant list that I'm just retarded and can't find

Fort York Redcoat
09-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Wonder if the TFC scoreboard will give the crowd Leaf updates?

For the love of God I hope not

I haven't heard any updates of other games at BMO, ever.

denime
09-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Plausible but I am concerned about Puma beating Dallas. Puma's coach made some noise in the press that he is going to start using more starters for the remaining CCL games.

Me too,after reading this article it does not look good for us.

Dallas Discouraged Ahead Of Pumas (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/09/dallas-discouraged-ahead-pumas)

rocker
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Is Brek Shea back for the Pumas game? I think he was injured, then couldn't play in their last MLS game due to yellow card accumulation. Chavez didn't play in their past two games either. Shea makes a huge difference on that team.

rocker
09-20-2011, 11:15 AM
well an article just popped up in my google newsfeed answering my own question:

Monday’s recovery session marked Brek Shea’s first touch on the ball since Sept. 10 against the Revolution after a bout of fatigue and a hamstring injury.
“Once I got warmed up I felt good, and I was just excited to be playing again,” said the 21-year-old. “Sitting out and watching training is not fun, and so when I got out and was able to play, it was fun.”
Hyndman added that Shea “will be fine” for the important CONCACAF Champions League game on Wednesday vs. Pumas UNAM (8 pm ET, Fox Soccer).

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/09/20/fcd-notebook-injuries-piling-wrong-time

Auzzy
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Kara Lang doing the sideline commentary for Rogers Sportsnet tonight. Crap, and my wife is coming with me to the game tonight, I won't have a chance to propose to Kara.

Oldtimer
09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Dallas v. Pumas tomorrow will be every bit as significant as TFC v. Tauro tonight.

TFC needs a win tonight.

We equally need to see Dallas tie or beat Pumas. A tie is best, a win is next best. If Pumas wins, Toronto's probably out.

prizby
09-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I have a few first timers coming to the game today, I want to show them the up to date song book and teach them some of the chants but the most recent I can find is from 09? Is that right or is there an up to date chant list that I'm just retarded and can't find

no uptodate song book, but try:

http://redpatchboys.ca/songs.htm

P-NUTZ
09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I suspect pumas will beat dallas 2 -1, and tfc will win 2 - 0.

if so we will be pressed to beat both dallas and pumas to advance.

09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Dallas v. Pumas tomorrow will be every bit as significant as TFC v. Tauro tonight.

TFC needs a win tonight.

We equally need to see Dallas tie or beat Pumas. A tie is best, a win is next best. If Pumas wins, Toronto's probably out.

I think for our purposes, we would want a Dallas win first, a tie second.

Would rather have Pumas as low as possible. Don't think Dallas is to be caught at this point.

Not that we have any control over it. :)

Oldtimer
09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
I think for our purposes, we would want a Dallas win first, a tie second.

Would rather have Pumas as low as possible. Don't think Dallas is to be caught at this point.

Not that we have any control over it. :)

A tie allows us to advance against either club. It may be true, though, that a first team Pumas is unbeatable.

P-NUTZ
09-20-2011, 12:59 PM
^ i think they (pumas) have woken up.
;(

09-20-2011, 01:19 PM
A tie allows us to advance against either club. It may be true, though, that a first team Pumas is unbeatable.

I know why, under certain situations, a tie is more desirable. It keeps both close. But we're far enough into this tournament now, that we're need to pick a dance partner (for rooting interest). And our dance partner is Dallas.

Of course, Toronto (and to a greater extent, you and I) have no control over the Dallas / Pumas match. But assuming we can pick up a win tonight, I'd rather have this:

Dallas 10
Toronto 6
Pumas 4

than this...

Dallas 8
Toronto 6
Pumas 5

Ultimately, Pumas are going to play us tough next week in Toronto, and we'll need at least a tie (hopefully win for them).

Our ultimate goal at this point is for Dallas to earn max points against Pumas this week, and Tauro next week, so that they have ZERO to play for in October when we visit.

We'll need points in Dallas in October, and we want them to have already clinched.

If we can get AHEAD of Pumas this week in the standings, then we control our own destiny next week when Pumas come to town (and a draw will keep us ahead of them). And ultimately in the final week, we have our best chance at stealing 3 points at Dallas against a team which has nothing to play for.

denime
09-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I know why, under certain situations, a tie is more desirable. It keeps both close. But we're far enough into this tournament now, that we're need to pick a dance partner (for rooting interest). And our dance partner is Dallas.

Of course, Toronto (and to a greater extent, you and I) have no control over the Dallas / Pumas match. But assuming we can pick up a win tonight, I'd rather have this:

Dallas 10
Toronto 6
Pumas 4

than this...

Dallas 8
Toronto 6
Pumas 5

Ultimately, Pumas are going to play us tough next week in Toronto, and we'll need at least a tie (hopefully win for them).

Our ultimate goal at this point is for Dallas to earn max points against Pumas this week, and Tauro next week, so that they have ZERO to play for in October when we visit.

We'll need points in Dallas in October, and we want them to have already clinched.

If we can get AHEAD of Pumas this week in the standings, then we control our own destiny next week when Pumas come to town (and a draw will keep us ahead of them). And ultimately in the final week, we have our best chance at stealing 3 points at Dallas against a team which has nothing to play for.

Agree,and I'm sure ML$E will call MLS to make sure Dallas fields his academy team vs TFC so two MLS teams can advance. :)

Waggy
09-20-2011, 01:41 PM
no uptodate song book, but try:

http://redpatchboys.ca/songs.htm

Thanks man. I never actually check redpatchboys.ca, always go straight to the forum. I forget about that place

P-NUTZ
09-20-2011, 01:59 PM
"But assuming we can pick up a win tonight, I'd rather have this:

Dallas 10
Toronto 6
Pumas 4

than this...

Dallas 8
Toronto 6
Pumas 5 "

^ excellent but what if this...

Dallas 7
Pumas 7
Toronto 6
Toro 2

:(

Kaz
09-20-2011, 02:07 PM
I blame Dallas for all this, if they had just tied Pumas, Pumas wouldn't have been embarrassed into taking the Champions League seriously. lol

rocker
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
^ excellent but what if this...

Dallas 7
Pumas 7
Toronto 6
Toro 2

:(

Well, if that's the case, then it gets dicey, but still doable. In that case, we'd probably have to beat Pumas next week (and we did beat Cruz Azul at home with guys like Mista playing, so it's possible). Then we'd need some favourable results in the other matches, such as maybe a Dallas tie in Panama. Pumas has Tauro at home in their final game, so that's probably a Pumas win, giving them at least 10 points.

In my scenario, TFC's qualification would come down to the road game in Dallas. Could TFC win in Dallas? Maybe. At least they'd know exactly what they had to do at that point. Beat Dallas 2-0 and they're in.

But even if we didn't beat Pumas, we'd still be in contention in the final match if Dallas doesn't succeed against Tauro in Panama.

Still lots to play for!!! But tonight a win is so important.

Oldtimer
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd rather have this:

Dallas 10
Toronto 6
Pumas 4

than this...

Dallas 8
Toronto 6
Pumas 5

Very good points!!!!

Agree,and I'm sure ML$E will call MLS to make sure Dallas fields his academy team vs TFC so two MLS teams can advance. :)

Hopefully Dallas would see the desirability of having the MLS squads advance without the need of ML$E calling. Anyway, I suspect that "the Don" would be picking up that phone to Dallas, even if Anselmi won't make the call.

nascarguy
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
the game will not be show on Setanta tonight it has been change to roger sports net one

Redpunkfiddle
09-20-2011, 05:07 PM
The answer is...

Assuming we win tonight, and gifting Pumas the 3 pts at home vs Tauro, we need to get more points out of our matches vs Pumas and Dallas than Pumas gets vs Dallas and us.

Seeemple.