GROUP D
G W D L P
Seattle Sounders 3 3 0 0 9
Comunicaciones 3 2 0 1 6
Monterrey 3 1 0 2 3
Herediano 3 0 0 3 0

Games to watch next week:

Wednesday September 21st - Dallas vs Pumas UNAM 8PM

Any results stand out to you this week? NYRB and the Timbers winning really didn't help our horrible chances at a playoff spot.

Redpunkfiddle
09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm not counting beans in MLS with the odds so dire and so many teams in the mix. Hopefully we'll see 4 wins to end the season, and whatever happens happens.

In CCL, I'll play the numbers game. If we draw Tauro, we'd have to hope Pumas doesn't beat Dallas this week and then need to beat Pumas at home and Dallas away. (I am giving Pumas the 3 pts vs Tauro at home for their last matchday).

If we beat Tauro then we need to take more points from our matches vs Pumas and Dallas than Pumas takes from Dallas and us.

Part of the problem is that if we are level on points with Pumas, the first tie breaker is head to head, then goals scored in matches between the tied teams. I don't think we can expect a 4-0 win at home.

To sum up- get 'er done.

akoto
09-18-2011, 06:06 PM
To sum up- get 'er done.

Yep that pretty much sums it up. The league is so far off only a miracle will help us and to continue in CCL we need to win all 3 and hope for a bit of help. Not impossible but not an ideal situation. I really hope that Dallas can take care of Pumas for us but it looks like the they are starting to run into injury trouble.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-18-2011, 07:37 PM
God I hope we make it into the next round of Champions League....

TFCREDNWHITE
09-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Whats the word on Plata? What's the timeline for his return?

habstfc
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm not counting beans in MLS with the odds so dire and so many teams in the mix. Hopefully we'll see 4 wins to end the season, and whatever happens happens.

In CCL, I'll play the numbers game. If we draw Tauro, we'd have to hope Pumas doesn't beat Dallas this week and then need to beat Pumas at home and Dallas away. (I am giving Pumas the 3 pts vs Tauro at home for their last matchday).

If we beat Tauro then we need to take more points from our matches vs Pumas and Dallas than Pumas takes from Dallas and us.

Part of the problem is that if we are level on points with Pumas, the first tie breaker is head to head, then goals scored in matches between the tied teams. I don't think we can expect a 4-0 win at home.

To sum up- get 'er done.

If TFC doesn't win against tauro on tuesday they(TFC) are done. WE also have to beat either dallas on the road or pumas at home, if TFC wins one of those two games and ties the other, no worries.

akoto
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Whats the word on Plata? What's the timeline for his return?

Winter in press conference said Plata was out 4-5 weeks I believe.

akoto
09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
If TFC doesn't win against tauro on tuesday they(TFC) are done. WE also have to beat either dallas on the road or pumas at home, if TFC wins one of those two games and ties the other, no worries.

It's doable. Both the Dallas and Pumas games will be very difficult though.

BTW

Pumas won 4-1 today vs Toluca
As far as I can find out Tauro hasn't played since the 11th which was a 1-2 loss to Chepo FC