View Full Version : trillium cup appreciation thread

Azerban
09-10-2011, 08:40 PM
post about how much this cup means to you in this thread

it is probably the premier cup in north american club football, and it's ours

let us savour this

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't care at all about the Trillium Cup, but I do care about beating the shit out of the Columbus Crew. Getting a trophy for it just makes it a little bit better.

- Scott

Blazer
09-10-2011, 08:47 PM
^ Beat me to the post. What Shakes said.

Azerban
09-10-2011, 08:58 PM
considering the honours that we've just achieved, your words are very underwhelming.

we've beat the fourth most important city in ohio in a professional sport

let's show some pride

Shakes McQueen
09-10-2011, 09:00 PM
considering the honours that we've just achieved, your words are very underwhelming.

we've beat the fourth most important city in ohio in a professional sport

let's show some pride

I'm calling out your false premise. No city in Ohio is important.

- Scott

s2cazz
09-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Being an important city in Ohio is kinda like being the top bullfighter in Alaska.

Redcoe15
09-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Any hardware won is always appreciated. Especially when it's over Columbus Pisstains!

Being an important city in Ohio is kinda like being the top bullfighter in Alaska.
Or the thinnest kid at fat camp.

Or the tallest leprechaun.

Auzzy
09-10-2011, 09:41 PM

let us savour this

LOL.

Hopefully the Trillium Cup gets cancelled next year, after a real rivalry is started (Montreal). Then TFC can keep this Cup in the display case forever, it is looking a bit bare in there...

Kaz
09-10-2011, 10:49 PM
It feels like I have been given a nickel plated dixie cup. It's a nice thought but kinda useless.

billyfly
09-10-2011, 10:57 PM
I like the Trillium Cup.

TFCREDNWHITE
09-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm glad I stole king can beers when I was at your hole of a stadium last year!, and now you can eat a big fat one you pisstains! I hate columbus!

james
09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
i didnt even know they stilll had that cup, its so stupid.....but was good to finally beat columbus!!:scarf::flare::drum:

cementhead
09-11-2011, 01:30 AM
The monkey of our back now lets move on.

__wowza
09-11-2011, 01:38 AM

and being the best athlete in ohio is kinda like winning a gold medal in semen drinking.

Keystone FC
09-11-2011, 04:05 AM

let us savour this
I think it's VERY important...that Shoeless Joe's is getting a fancy dancy new ashtray for the patio area.:D

Keystone FC
09-11-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm calling out your false premise. No city in Ohio is important.

- Scott
For us Steeler fans Ohio is VERY important. That's 4 W's for us even before the season starts.:hump:

Alonso
09-11-2011, 04:54 AM

let us savour this

You're being facetious.

And it smacks of douchebaggery!

Alonso
09-11-2011, 05:07 AM

Flipityflu
09-11-2011, 06:02 AM
i wouldn't be poking fun at this trophy....this is TFC's first trophy 'double'. seriously, we won two trophies so far this season. the glory days are here.

Azerban
09-11-2011, 07:28 AM
You're being facetious.

And it smacks of douchebaggery!

a bit rude, don't you think

London
09-11-2011, 07:44 AM
i wonder what the toronto-montreal cup will be called??

Azerban
09-11-2011, 07:53 AM
i wonder what the toronto-montreal cup will be called??

The Nutrilite Canadian Championship.

London
09-11-2011, 07:58 AM
The Nutrilite Canadian Championship.

wrong, that's the voyageurs cup anyways.

i will bet that they will create a cup for the montreal-toronto rivalry

canadian_bhoy
09-11-2011, 09:10 AM
It's hard to take something seriously when they're handing a trophy to a virtually last place team.

A.J
09-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I can see it being named the BMO Cup

billyfly
09-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Very true and makes lots 'o sense.

Keystone FC
09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
AWESOME! And the trophy can resemble a scarf set on fire.

Auzzy
09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
When's the parade? I mean, when will we ever have a parade, if not for this grand achievement?

JavierMartini
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM

let us savour this

Are you serious. This forum is a hoot. Every other year krew win it and everyone rants about this meaningless, hype trophy in a rivalry mold.

Thanks for the laugh though.

:facepalm:

JavierMartini
09-11-2011, 01:55 PM
wrong, that's the voyageurs cup anyways.

i will bet that they will create a cup for the montreal-toronto rivalry

The poutine cup.

Yohan
09-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Are you serious. This forum is a hoot. Every other year krew win it and everyone rants about this meaningless, hype trophy in a rivalry mold.

i think you missed the sarcasm

Auzzy
09-11-2011, 02:10 PM
What sarcasm? Now I'm all disoriented & disappointed.

I WANT A PARADE NOW. AND A TRILLIUM GATE. AND A GRAVY BOAT FOR THE POUTINE CUP NEXT YEAR.

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Of course he wasn't being fucking serious.

- Scott

nascarguy
09-11-2011, 02:33 PM

I WANT A PARADE NOW. AND A TRILLIUM GATE. AND A GRAVY BOAT FOR THE POUTINE CUP NEXT YEAR.
mmm poutine

Fort York Redcoat
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Trillium Gate FTW.

DOMIN8R
09-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Because we just won this, artificially-constructed-rivalry-intended-to-fill-vacant-crew-stadium-seats, derby - I wonder if we can now convince the MLSE, Crew and MLS powers that be to dismantle this ill conceived commercial rivalry.

Yes. We hate Columbus. But no more than NY or Chicago and certainly less than Montreal.

Before we might have just been sore loosers. But now, after winning, perhaps we can use our new powers for good and ask that the Trillium Cup be put to rest.

Just a thought.

Redcoe15
09-11-2011, 03:32 PM
The poutine cup.
Sponsored by:

http://www.blogut.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Smoke_s_Poutinerie-20090222-131039.jpg

Yohan
09-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Because we just won this, artificially-constructed-rivalry-intended-to-fill-vacant-crew-stadium-seats, derby - I wonder if we can now convince the MLSE, Crew and MLS powers that be to dismantle this ill conceived commercial rivalry.

Yes. We hate Columbus. But no more than NY or Chicago and certainly less than Montreal.

Before we might have just been sore loosers. But now, after winning, perhaps we can use our new powers for good and ask that the Trillium Cup be put to rest.

Just a thought.
really? we hate Chicago and New York?

I dunno. I don't feel the hate for those two. well, except mocking NY for being shite

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Just a thought.

I will disagree here. I definitely hate Columbus more than Chicago and New York, and it has nothing to do with the forced aspect of it. It has everything to do with their fans being cocks, GBS being a diving cunt, their shitty yellow jerseys, the altercation a couple of years ago at their stadium, Bill Archer, and more.

The Trillium Cup might be a made-up sham, but I definitely hate Columbus. And as much as some piss-stains fans will claim they don't care about us, and consider us beneath their contempt - they hate us too.

- Scott

billyfly
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Trillium Gate FTW.

People still bring up my gate idea. I am legend.

DOMIN8R
09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Hate is too strong a word. I take it back. But either some people have short memories or have chosen to focus their personal disdain. But in years 1&2 there was an awful lot of anger towards the Fire and Red Bulls. It's nice to see what we are selective.:D

james
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Just a thought.

i do hate columbus more then NY or Chicago, but ya Montreal is our true hate. Scrap the fake trophy with Columbus!!!

Shakes McQueen
09-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Hate is too strong a word. I take it back. But either some people have short memories or have chosen to focus their personal disdain. But in years 1&2 there was an awful lot of anger towards the Fire and Red Bulls. It's nice to see what we are selective.:D

I dislike the New Jersey Energy Drinks too, but not on so many fundamental levels, like Columbus. Chicago I'm just kind of ambivalent towards - we've had the odd spat, but nothing sustained.

And yeah, Montreal is also going to be a true-hate situation when they enter the league.

- Scott

__wowza
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM

we won against a team weve never beaten before for a cup (as meaningless as it is) we've never won. nothing from you on here that says "fuck yeah, we won!" or "awesome! let's ride this momentum into the CCL", just a shameless dig at some other folks.

good job.

i dont know whats funnier, the fact that you dont detect any of the sarcasm/satire in the thread, or the fact that you think youre being the voice of reason here. this ones for you buddy:

http://fail.brm.sk/facepalm/extremefacepalm.png

__wowza
09-11-2011, 07:01 PM
People still bring up my gate idea. I am legend.

wait, that was your idea!?
ive been mentioning it a bunch but i forgot who posted it.

And yeah, Montreal is also going to be a true-hate situation when they enter the league.

i still like the plains of abraham as a derby name..

Keystone FC
09-12-2011, 02:50 AM
When's the parade? I mean, when will we ever have a parade, if not for this grand achievement?
WHOO HOO! I smell a double decker bus moment coming on. We could also recreate the Real Madrid Copa del Rey incident for good measure.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2011/04/21/trophy_crushed/

lerxst
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM

More like on the moon.

Hitcho
09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
It's only important when we win it. The rest of the time it's a worthless piece of shit wallowing in a shit hole. :D

P-NUTZ
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
funny stuff in this thread!!!! ;)

i dont give a shit about the trophy, i just love winning for a change.

flatpicker
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
My 2 cents...

Really happy we won!
The trophy is completely meaningless.
They should get rid of it as soon as possible.

__wowza
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
My 2 cents...

Really happy we won!
The trophy is completely meaningless.
They should get rid of it as soon as possible.

flatpicker = bodysuit man. GET ON IT!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngq9NmOnFw

Carefree
09-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Sponsored by:

http://www.blogut.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Smoke_s_Poutinerie-20090222-131039.jpg
for the Toronto leg perhaps, but in montreal it's all about

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41795_72730992927_4708571_n.jpg

Redcoe15
09-14-2011, 02:44 AM
for the Toronto leg perhaps, but in montreal it's all about

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41795_72730992927_4708571_n.jpg
Point well taken. I've been there for their poutine and Ryan Smolkin could learn a thing or two from them (not that there's anything wrong with his, mind you).

London
09-14-2011, 07:46 AM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6064/6137025897_5c1549f094_b.jpg

Brooker
09-14-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't see the big deal about the cup. If you're like me and don't give a shit, ignore it.

London
09-14-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't see the big deal about the cup. If you're like me and don't give a shit, ignore it.

the only reason i care about the cup is because we took it from the crew fans, it has no real value to me,

wouldnt it be funny if FO came out with a commemorative pic or plaque to honour such a feat:D

Cashcleaner
09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
^ Don't give them ideas...

But yeah, I think I fall in with most people here. I couldn't care less about the Arbitrarily-Created Pseudo-Rival Municipality Competition Trophy, errrr... I mean Trillium Cup, but it IS nice to beat Columbus nonetheless.

Glad we could beat them 4-2, but the T-Cup is still weak sauce.