PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I had to start my own thread because I couldnt find the info I was looking for, through all the bitching about off topic shit about CBC and the olympics.

If we lose to Vancouver tomorrow, then that means Montreal are champs cause they beat vanouver twice right?? and if we win, it sets up a winner takes all between us and the limpact at BMO!!! ???

If Im correct....That match will be sick if it means something and we have the homefield advantage...we have to bring our a-game, im talking from a supproter perspective, and the team on the field better return the fucking favour.

Some people dont care about this champions league shit, but I think its awesome. TFC should get involved in as much as they can...it cant hurt at all.

MODS I will delete this thread once I get some clarification..cheers

ps please dont bitch and argue on this thread so I can find what Im looking for

Lateralus
07-08-2008, 10:54 AM
If we lose to Vancouver tomorrow we would not technically be out. We would need to beat Montreal by at least 4 goals though, depending on the result of tomorrow's game.

A draw against Vancouver means we must beat Montreal to move on.

Also, a win against Vancouver and a draw against Montreal might not be enough since Montreal has a +3 goal differential and we have 0.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

ExiledRed
07-08-2008, 10:59 AM
If we lose at Vancouver

Vancouver will be placed second, with our final match tying the competition 3 ways on a win against Montreal.

Montreal-----2-1-0---6 points
Toronto------1-1-0---3 points
Whitecaps----1-2-0---3 points

Montreal currently has 2 away goals, and a goal differential of 3
Toronto has 1 away goal and a differential of 0
Vancouver has 1 away goal and a differential of -3

If we lose without scoring, Montreal wins on away goals.
If we lose say 2-1, then we have to beat Montreal 4-0 for it to progress to drawing lots.

I think

Wilbix
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I think your overestimating the margin we would need to beat Montreal by. Montreal is +3 and if we lose we are -1. Even though we are 4 behind, winning by 2 would draw us even, because every goal we beat them by is +1 for us and -1 for them. But winning by 2 will likely not be enough because of their goals scored. So a 1-goal loss to Vancouver and a 3-goal win against Montreal WOULD work.

Maybe we should just beat them both and make things simple?

ExiledRed
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
^^ Yes, I forgot that a goal for us against Montreal, puts us up one and then takes them down 1.

We have to lose by only one in Vancouver for your scenario to be true though.

Also, we must score in Vancouver, or we lose on away goals right?

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
its sad if we beat montreal and they still go through , ....so we beat them twice yet they still go through =S

TicTacTabarnack
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Some people dont care about this champions league shit, but I think its awesome. TFC should get involved in as much as they can...it cant hurt at all.

It means a lot because we can't qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League through our performance in the MLS like all the other teams. It's the ONLY way to qualify for us (which is not bad considering it should "technically" be easier to qualify this way).

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
I agree it should be easier...Im sure carver has the mindset to win both games and make things easier for everyone.

Ron Manager
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I think your overestimating the margin we would need to beat Montreal by. Montreal is +3 and if we lose we are -1. Even though we are 4 behind, winning by 2 would draw us even, because every goal we beat them by is +1 for us and -1 for them. But winning by 2 will likely not be enough because of their goals scored. So a 1-goal loss to Vancouver and a 3-goal win against Montreal WOULD work.

What a strange idea...so strange that it just might work......

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
but if we win both, its done , we win , no questions asked right?

Northern Soul
07-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Yes :canada:

Stencils
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM

Correct.

Wilbix
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Ew, gross. I call foul on myself. I apologise for exposing you all to such poor writing. It won't happen again.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
were going to win both of our remaining games....!!!!

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
were going to win both of our remaining games....!!!!

Damn straight , Im sure carver has made that quite apparent to the boys that both these games are must wins, well not really, but they better fuckin treat it that way.:canada::canada:

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
On an awesome side note, got my canada vs jamaica ticket today...1st row 111 baby, right near the corner boyeeeee....can you say streamers!!

a.ungaro
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
you guys actually think our boys will let that happen again?? 3-0 reds thanks for coming out