PDA

View Full Version : Nicholas Linsdsey?

jloome
09-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Anyone heard anything on his operations? They were both scheduled to be done by the end of June.

ag futbol
09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
He had to wait a year to get his operation done? I hope there was a good reason for it and to just the in availability of doctors.

rocker
09-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I hope he can come back strong. He was one of the few bright lights late last season under Dasovic.

jloome
09-03-2011, 01:07 PM
He had to wait a year to get his operation done? I hope there was a good reason for it and to just the in availability of doctors.

No, it was because it was two operations with a six-month gap in between.

__wowza
09-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I hope he can come back strong. He was one of the few bright lights late last season under Dasovic.

we had a player who enjoyed playing out wide, and did well in doing it. it certainly was a breath of fresh air, especially coming from the academy.

Shway
09-05-2011, 12:30 AM
ive said it before, Nicholas Linsdey had the same type of attitude/approach to the game as Plata,

hopefully he will be good next year

TorontoPat
09-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Oh sure he's an athlete, let him jump to the head of the line. All the poor non athletes can just wait even longer.

Macksam
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
ive said it before, Nicholas Linsdey had the same type of attitude/approach to the game as Plata,

hopefully he will be good next year
Yeah, the difference being Lindsay had the athletic ability to beat players wide and not get muscled off the ball doing it.

Shway
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
^yea that too, lindsay being 5'9 and all

tovan
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Any update on his rehab? I recall the kid seemed quite promising last year...

__wowza
10-24-2011, 08:10 AM
^ im looking at you TFC bloggers!!

no pressure (and no, i wont do it myself :D), i've just found that when im looking for a more interesting approach to news on this team, i find it in the blogs more then i do from the star/sun/globe/etc

ArmenJBX
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
We were discussing Nick Lindsay after the New England game.

We requested an interview with him but he had to consult an agent first.

Whoop
10-27-2011, 09:49 AM
From October 25th

WolstatSun (http://twitter.com/#%21/WolstatSun) Ryan Wolstat

And young Nicholas Lindsay, a bright spot at the end of 2010 who blew out both knees needs more surgery making comeback more difficult #TFC (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TFC)

ArmenJBX
10-27-2011, 09:56 AM
RedNation Online spoke to Nick Lindsay about 2012.

http://rednationonline.ca/LindsayDeterminedToMakeAnImpactIn2012.aspx

"With respect to training, I am back to full fitness. I have been working out a lot and I'm working to get stronger. I have had a lot of time to rehabilitate and I can't wait for next season to happen. I'm going to be back at full strength. It's been a good journey. I feel so much stronger and so much better and I'm almost there with respect to getting back to 100%. And I think that because I have pushed myself so hard, I will be back to 100% and even beyond that. Not just with my legs, but with my entire body, I've really been trying to get stronger and faster and I have been working on a lot of things in terms of my whole body to make sure that I am 100% and more for next season," says Lindsay.

Greatest Ripoff
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM
in a somewhat related question, does anyone have any info on the injury Cordon sustained in the reserve match in Columbus? Was is something minor or major?

PopePouri
10-27-2011, 10:23 AM
So he's 100% but he needs more surgery? :confused:

Whoop
10-27-2011, 11:39 AM
From Wolstat today.

WolstatSun (http://twitter.com/#%21/WolstatSun) Ryan Wolstat
Was told Lindsay recently had more surgery dealing with steel plates, status from here depends on how he responds #tfc (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23tfc)

NBS
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm going to assume Lindsay is a complete non-factor going forward, and hope to be surprised.

I really was looking forward to seeing more of him, but he's up against it with that type of injury.

Was there ever any confirmation on how it happened? I remember hearing some rumours, but the club has never said anything, which leads me to believe it was indeed self-inflicted.

Stouffville_RPB
10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm going to assume Lindsay is a complete non-factor going forward, and hope to be surprised.

I really was looking forward to seeing more of him, but he's up against it with that type of injury.

Was there ever any confirmation on how it happened? I remember hearing some rumours, but the club has never said anything, which leads me to believe it was indeed self-inflicted.

That's how I have tried to approach Lindsay.

I believe it was a snow mobile accident (if I remember correctly).

Whoop
10-27-2011, 01:59 PM
It was a snowmobile accident.

NBS
10-27-2011, 02:27 PM
^^Snowmobile accident is what I'd heard. Real unfortunate. Gotta think of the consequences. I know he's young, but even at that age, I understood consequences and I was by no means working towards a pro athletic career with a contract in hand.

I guess he'll be a prime example for other academy players. Hopefully life's hard lesson's don't end up costing him a promising career.

Shway
10-28-2011, 12:35 PM
i hope he is able to return to same form he was at the end of 2010.
the day i dream that torontos starting line up consist of home growns and 3 dp's.