PDA

View Full Version : 2008 MLS All-Star Jersey

Damien
07-08-2008, 07:43 AM
People keep asking about it, so i'm taking this from another thread....

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Naveed74/allstar%20jersey.jpg

flatpicker
07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
it's a black Canada jersey!
I swear adidas has some of the most uninspired designs around!

icecoldbeer
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
PEPSI
PEPSI
PEPSI

I'm thirsty now.

Mrs. Workie
07-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Can we get the Spice Girls to sing "Generation Next" at the Half Time show?!?!?!

Hooligan69
07-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm not feeling the Pepsi logo.

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Thats a terrible jersey.....I want jerseys with random coulours that dont match well and stick out like a sore thumb.....personally I love the green and orange werder bremen jerseys....Ive went online at work and just looked for random kits....there some scottish lower division teams that have some badass plaid jerseys...id love to play in plaid(i think i spelled that right, too lazy to check).

bee dubya
07-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Interesting that they went with a black jersey. Think that's a coincidence? Nice pre-emptive strike by the league/MLSE knowing that people would be wearing black to protest at this match.

tfc_4_ever
07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Thats a terrible jersey.....I want jerseys with random coulours that dont match well and stick out like a sore thumb.....personally I love the green and orange werder bremen jerseys....Ive went online at work and just looked for random kits....there some scottish lower division teams that have some badass plaid jerseys...id love to play in plaid(i think i spelled that right, too lazy to check).

Those jerseys are sweet.

Chevy
07-08-2008, 11:20 AM
fugly shirt.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
how much?

Broadview
07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Interesting that they went with a black jersey. Think that's a coincidence? Nice pre-emptive strike by the league/MLSE knowing that people would be wearing black to protest at this match.

That's sneaky as hell.

Smart on their part, but sneaky.

GabrielHurl
07-08-2008, 12:15 PM

No chance it's a coincidence

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MarkEightThree
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
so fug.

Mango Kid
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I pray nobody is buying one of those things.

jayeden
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
i like it..il be buying one

greatwhitenorf
07-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Put #24 on the back and quicker'n you can say Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, you're a Jeff Gordon fan.

jayeden
07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
i wonder if there will be pepsi products sold at the mls game and the coke ones will be stored away...

TicTacTabarnack
07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
i wonder if there will be pepsi products sold at the mls game and the coke ones will be stored away...

I was also wondering about that ... I'm assuming that BMO Field has an exclusivity contract with Coca Cola since it's pretty much only Coke products that you can get during game day.

I can already see all the conversations at the concessions -

"I'll have a PEPSI, please."

"Coke ok?"

"I guess."

Biggest waste of money when it comes to buying Jersey rights. :p

Derko
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
That's sneaky as hell.

Smart on their part, but sneaky.

You know what I heard is that Elvis is still alive!!

Wow, give some of those drugs!!LOL

Danbwoy
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't you think something bright and festive would be more reflective of an All-Star game? Black is fine, but this is supposed to be a celebration and a spectacle - couldn't they pick red or blue or something fun?

Broadview
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Wow, give some of those drugs!!LOL

These are my drugs. Get yer own.

shwade
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Looks like a training shirt/TFC goalkeeper's shirt.

kitchener-TFC
07-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm not feeling the Pepsi logo.
I second that.

Toche:rolleyes:

ComeonyouReds
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Thats a terrible jersey.....I want jerseys with random coulours that dont match well and stick out like a sore thumb.....personally I love the green and orange werder bremen jerseys....Ive went online at work and just looked for random kits....there some scottish lower division teams that have some badass plaid jerseys...id love to play in plaid(i think i spelled that right, too lazy to check).I think in order to fully rock the plaid you would need striped shorts and checkered socks.

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I think in order to fully rock the plaid you would need striped shorts and checkered socks.

and a hat with a pompom on top. Golf clubs couldn't hurt the look either.

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
and a hat with a pompom on top. Golf clubs couldn't hurt the look either.

Im posting the link with those paid jerseys I speak of so you guys can browse for fun...brb

jaahuuu
07-08-2008, 03:07 PM
But isn't MLS for SSS, wouldn't they agree with the purpose of the protest?

Rawkus_420
07-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Im posting the link with those paid jerseys I speak of so you guys can browse for fun...brb

fuck cant find it..if you google scottish football league, there are 3 divisions(not inculding the SPL)....bunch of random shiite teams..but I know theres a way and a website where you just click on the team and it shows their home and away kits, and theres several of them that are plaid ...and ugly as shiite, but in my opinion the uglier the jersey the better.....I like those unique ones .....like carlisle united and thier mutli colored stripes

The Kingpin
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Don Garber.... That's all... If you fuckers do not boo this moron off the pitch I will be forever embarrassed to be a Red Patch Boy. He is destroying the league we want to be the beacon of North American football...

AL-MO
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM

This has been suggested before. I wouldn't be surprised.

Eastend
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
how much?

$99 at BMO.

MFBODD
07-08-2008, 03:24 PM
http://www.yellowfever.co.nz/forum/uploads/20080404_133654_football_shirt_.jpg

http://www.yellowfever.co.nz/forum/uploads/20080404_133717_football_shirt_.jpg

http://www.yellowfever.co.nz/forum/uploads/20080404_133237_football_shirt_.jpg

nothing like bringing sexy back

TFC Cityboy
07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
ok...time to ditch the black shirt protest......anyone have a red one??
:)

flatpicker
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Don Garber.... That's all... If you fuckers do not boo this moron off the pitch I will be forever embarrassed to be a Red Patch Boy. He is destroying the league we want to be the beacon of North American football...

I don't want to start a debate on the pros and cons of Garber... but I have to ask...
what are your reasons for suggesting he is destroying the league?
Isn't it stronger than it has ever been?

Pachuco
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
$99 at BMO.

the question is, willlll it have Guevara on the back? :)

You can bet I'll buy one if it does.

olegunnar
07-08-2008, 06:44 PM

exactly
like the Nets wearing their red unis when the raptors were giving out red t shirts

zeelaw
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
so gross.

werewolf
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
have any protest shirts been ordered?

Kickit09
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
so is anyone still wearing black to the all-star game?.... seems kinda pointless now.

canadian_bhoy
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I guess this proves that making protest plans in public isn't a great idea.

"what are the groups doing?"

"they're going to all wear black t-shirts to protest the argos"

"Oh...that could be bad...what colour are the all-star shirts?"

"banana yellow"

"change them to black"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/103/268566020_7211785e2e.jpg?v=0

LucaGol
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't want to start a debate on the pros and cons of Garber... but I have to ask...
what are your reasons for suggesting he is destroying the league?
Isn't it stronger than it has ever been?

Garber is an overprotective, controlling, paranoid man who's afraid that one false mistep will spiral this league into extinction.

Anyone who listens to World Soccer Daily that heard Steven Cohen's story about the interviews that he did with Sepp Blatter and Don Garber, almost back to back, will know what I'm talking about.

Cohen was able to pretty much talk to the head of FIFA, Sepp Blatter, the most important sports organization in the world...face to face, 1 on 1. When he spoke with Don Garber...he was sitting in a room full of handlers, PR ppl, assistants and what have you totalling about 7. If that doesn't tell you everything than I dunno what will.

Everything about the MLS is orchestrated...too much puppeteering, canned atmosphere and an overexcessive Americanization of the sport. This is all at Garber's directive.

Sure he has some good ideas, and was probably a good commissioner at some point, but now its time for the MLS to really grow and fulfill its potential.

Roogsy
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
:rofl:

nascarguy
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM

that is so ugly and i was going to get one fuck that I'm noteven going to be at the game.. I think I will go up north for 2 week come back for the the canada game and then go back up north.. I have not seen my dad for 2 or 3 year it's only 85$ there and back to northbay

masrawy
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I guess this proves that making protest plans in public isn't a great idea.

Agreed on making plans public, we have ways to prevent that now, private forums and all.

But we'll move forward, there's more to the protest than just t shirts.

alexintoronto
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
have any protest shirts been ordered?
no - not by me

flatpicker
07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Does anyone else think it's gonna be weird seeing Beckham playing football in Toronto with a Maple Leaf on his chest?

ilikemusic
07-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Does anyone else think it's gonna be weird seeing Beckham playing football in Toronto with a Maple Leaf on his chest?

I hadnt even thought about all the Beckham jerseys theyre going to sell.:(

:leaving:

Mrs. Workie
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Who's this Beckham guy you keep taking about? I've not seen him play in Toronto ever.

Nodoubtguy
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
seriously....thats pretty fugly!!!

Cashcleaner
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM

What did he do this time?

Oldtimer
07-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Garber is an overprotective, controlling, paranoid man who's afraid that one false mistep will spiral this league into extinction.

Luca, you lack a sense of history. Of course Garber is paranoid, as are a lot of the owner/operators. And so they should be.

Not only do you have the example of the NASL, but under the MLS's first Commish, Doug Logan, the league nearly went under. It took Garber several years to turn things around. Here's some ways Garber did things right:

(1) elimination of North-American specific stupidities: clock counting down backwards, running shootouts (as opposed to PKs), not allowing tied matches.

(2) Quick action to eliminate money-bleeding clubs when the league was facing bankruptcy. His ruthlessness saved the league.

(3) Founding SUM (Soccer United Marketing). The media rights that SUM gets from the World Cup broadcasts in the US, Mexican League matches, SuperLiga, US National team games has brought in made MLS financially stable and now profitable. Before SUM, you couldn't watch the World Cup live in the US and many games weren't even carried.

(4) Focus on SSS. He didn't build the Crew stadium, but he saw the potential and brought it to many other markets.

(5) The start of a move away from Single-entity: Designated Players, clubs retaining 2/3 of transfer fees, mandated team academies that can send players to the first team - all Garber initiatives.

(6) Trying to encourage a more authentic atmosphere - Garber was particularly impacted by his visits to Toronto. To his credit, he's learned from us.

Things Garber is not responsible for:

(1) Marketing to Soccer Moms. It's the Owner/Operators who have chosen that approach, and through their control of the Board of Governors forced through the "family friendly" image. Garber doesn't want to alienate families (they buy tickets too), but he's smart enough to see that hardcore support doesn't come from there. His attempts to shift the focus have met a brick wall from resistant Owner/Operators.

(2) Racist idiot Crew fans throwing bottles on the pitch. We know where to draw the line, however apparently there are cities where common sense fails to prevail.

(3) The realities of the US market. Yes, being media-savvey is very important in the US. I wouldn't fault him for that, rather he is to be commended. This isn't England, where footie is an established part of the culture.

Many analysts are convinced that without Garber there would be no MLS today. He's not perfect, but he's one of the best Commishioners in sport today. Would you rather have Bettman?

Miko
07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
It doesn't really matter if the jersey is "Fugly" or not.

It'll be 20 years before the game is back at BMO and it's a cool souvenir. Especially when it's crested with one of our players names after they get picked for the team.

As for Garber, he gave us a team, so he's ok in my book.

akoto
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Oldtimer I couldn't have put it any better then you just did. Without DG there would be no TFC or MLS. He has done what many thought was impossible which is keeping MLS alive and profitable.

Damien
07-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey, I wonder where MLS-Rumors.com got this picture? lol

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/07/photo-2008-mls-all-star-jersey-gets.html

NateDoGG
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
its their blue training jersey, cept its black

the crest looks cool
its pretty ugly tho, i mean c;mon u could make a much better looking all-star jersey
god thats so ugly... i cant believe they will be wearing that.. Nasty................

what color shorts? if its white or black it will still look ugly..

NateDoGG
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
i wonder if they got a long sleeve one for beckham? lol

werewolf
07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
no - not by me

Awesome, how much would it cost to order plain claret and blue t-shirts? :hump:

nascarguy
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM

:puke:

noochie
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't mind it. I know it is a template Adidas jersey but it is simple... that and I prefer Pepsi over the Coke.

nascarguy
07-09-2008, 08:46 PM
its their blue training jersey, cept its black

the crest looks cool
its pretty ugly tho, i mean c;mon u could make a much better looking all-star jersey
god thats so ugly... i cant believe they will be wearing that.. Nasty................

what color shorts? if its white or black it will still look ugly..
yeah the the crest is the only thing that is good

nascarguy
07-09-2008, 09:06 PM

give us the link i still think this is photoshop and will in till i see it for sell on mls shop web site

werewolf
07-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Awesome, how much would it cost to order plain claret and blue t-shirts? :hump:

Who's with me?