PDA

View Full Version : Today's News, July 8:

arbogast
07-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Dichio to miss Whitecaps rematch

LARRY MILLSON
Globe and Mail Update
July 7, 2008 at 2:01 PM EDT

TORONTO — Toronto FC forward Danny Dichio will not travel with the team to Vancouver for Wednesday's Canadian championship rematch with the Vancouver Whitecaps because he has a suspected concussion.
It is not certain how it happened except that it came during last Tuesday's 1-0 loss to the Whitecaps at BMO Field in one of the Canadian championship round-robin games.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080707.wspttfc7/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home

Carving up the refs
Monday, July 7, 2008
Ryan Johnston

Now I hate to endorse someone else for the job I do, but Toronto FC coach John Carver needs a blog. The animated spokesperson for the club is full of 'off the record' commentary that, if written under his own volition, would make the rest of us obsolete.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/07/07/johnston_carver/

TFC notebook: Dickov mulls contract offer
Posted: July 07, 2008, 10:23 PM by Mark Masters

Toronto FC has made a contract offer to former English Premier League player Paul Dickov. Coach John Carver confirmed that the club offered the striker a contract on Monday.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2008/07/07/tfc-notebook-dickov-mulls-contract-offer.aspx

SUNSHINE:
http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html

jabbronies
07-08-2008, 06:40 AM
is it just me or is there some bad air brushing going on with the sunshine girls arm today???

Eastend
07-08-2008, 07:31 AM
it's her tattoo...

rocker
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
another great teen! keep up the good work, sun!

Technorgasm
07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Dichio OUt. . . and so it begins. . are we to expect year 2 with half of our starters out with injuries again?

A Healthy squad seems to be our nemisis. . . . Some would argue that younger players are easier to keep in game form. Danny is a leader on the pitch. Im not saying this dashes our chances at a CONCACAF CL birth, but it doesnt help. We have seen that the whitecaps are out for blood, and we have it all to do in BC. If we walk out of there with less than 3 points, we conceed to MTL. . . . NONE of us will have an easy time swallowing THAT pill.

Was I the only one that was hoping Dicky would be able to suit up for us ASAP (July 15th I think is the window?)

Shaughno
07-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Agreed Giles, which is why the last leg against Van was so important. Blah...

Technorgasm
07-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Wait a minute. . .

"""One thing I will say is that when we go there I just hope we get a little bit of protection for our quality players," Carver said. "Our flair players were eliminated as soon as they got in possession of the ball.

I just hope that whoever is the official on the game is going to be strong enough to deal with that and give us an opportunity to show teams what we can do.""

Carver mentions the officiating?
Thats a FIRST!
you know that he has harboured some sour grapes since the first VWCaps match. . . or else he would have just eaten crow

(like he normally does when TFC is treated harshly by the officials)

PS. BRING ME THE HEAD OF THAT WANKER: MOOSE!!!!!
We'll have a "MOOSE" skull keg party in my backyard!

fuckin bastard.

Technorgasm
07-08-2008, 08:36 AM
TARGET:
JUSTIN MOOSE

from DC UNITED to VWC.

FUCK OFF!

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wake/sports/m-soccer/auto_headshot/231462.jpeg

aka "THE CLOWN"

http://www.911buycostume.com/Pages/wigs/PACLOWNRED2.JPG

Pigfynn
07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
He's just trying to bait the ref, which I think is smart. Now if the ref let's the VWC players bulldoze over Robert, Wynne etc. he will be doing it with all these reporters on notice. Well done Mr.Carver.

bee dubya
07-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Dichio OUt. . . and so it begins. . are we to expect year 2 with half of our starters out with injuries again?

A Healthy squad seems to be our nemisis. . . . Some would argue that younger players are easier to keep in game form. Danny is a leader on the pitch. Im not saying this dashes our chances at a CONCACAF CL birth, but it doesnt help. We have seen that the whitecaps are out for blood, and we have it all to do in BC. If we walk out of there with less than 3 points, we conceed to MTL. . . . NONE of us will have an easy time swallowing THAT pill.

Was I the only one that was hoping Dicky would be able to suit up for us ASAP (July 15th I think is the window?)

I'm pretty sure that based on the last Van match, Dichio was likely to start this game on the bench even if healthy.

ExiledRed
07-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Carver should have had a massive hissy fit over the referee at the last game. I am shocked that so little has been said. SAF would have forced an enquiry, and filled up three pages of every newspapers sports section on the matter.

I dont want my team forced to play against jealous monkeys who need to hack at quality players legs in order to level the playing field. If they need to play like that against TFC, they have no fucking chance in Concacaf anyway.

I want to see the monkey team's lack of professionalism punished to the max, not rewarded like on Canada Day.

Dave67
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
You could have fried eggs on Carver's forhead in the post game interview. He was clearly holding it in. Basically he challenged the reporters to write what they felt about the officiating. Other than Night I don't remember anyone rising to the challenge.

ExiledRed
07-08-2008, 12:18 PM
You could have fried eggs on Carver's forhead in the post game interview. He was clearly holding it in. Basically he challenged the reporters to write what they felt about the officiating. Other than Night I don't remember anyone rising to the challenge.

Which is ridiculous, like an earlier poster said.

The canadian journalists are still learning the game, so they cant tell the difference between manipulation, incompetence and good refereeing.

What does Mo do these days anyway? He's detached enough that a public barb at CSA and it's referees would carry more weight.

kitchener-TFC
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Basically he challenged the reporters to write what they felt about the officiating. Other than Night I don't remember anyone rising to the challenge.
Does anyone know what the reporters did write about the ref, if anything?