PDA

View Full Version : Parking?

Wooster_TFC
08-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyone know what the parking situation would be if arriving at 6 or so for the game?

nfitz
08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Anyone know what the parking situation would be if arriving at 6 or so for the game?Judging by the crowds on the GO platform at that time of day, a lot of people at the CNE leave about that time. So there should be spots ... but how you get to them isn't something I've observed from GO. I'd find something in Liberty Village if it was me ... the lots there are a lot cheaper than the special pricing at the Ex (http://www.theex.com/plan-your-visit/parking/).

nfitz
08-28-2011, 09:47 AM
How was parking? I was surprised how full the lots on Liberty were at 6 pm, as I walked past. I'd have thought that those leaving the Ex would have left spots.

Wooster_TFC
08-29-2011, 09:01 AM
We ended up finding parking in the lot to the east of the Ex (think it's run by Fort York). The annoying part was we drove past 2-3 lots on the Lakeshore that clearly had empty spots (at least a dozen) and not a tonne of people driving around, and yet they had the "lots full" barricade up. Annoying.

Either way we made it in on time, which is all that matters.

London
08-29-2011, 09:38 AM
how much was that lot?

what was it like leaving the match?

jaahuuu
08-29-2011, 10:03 AM
How was parking?
Fucking awful.

TFCviaBuffalo dropped me off in the middle of Lakeshore at 6:25, and spend the next 40 minutes trying to find a spot.

Wooster_TFC
08-29-2011, 10:18 AM
how much was that lot?

what was it like leaving the match?

$20.

Other than the normal-ish traffic on the Lakeshore, it was fine heading West. Took about 30 minutes to break out of the traffic, then clear sailing from there.

Wooster_TFC
08-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Fucking awful.

TFCviaBuffalo dropped me off in the middle of Lakeshore at 6:25, and spend the next 40 minutes trying to find a spot.

Next time, turn north on the street to the east of Strachan and then north into the parking lot run by Fort York. Parked there twice now, and they usually have spots (in a big city park).

jaahuuu
08-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Next time, turn north on the street to the east of Strachan and then north into the parking lot run by Fort York. Parked there twice now, and they usually have spots (in a big city park).
We've never had a problem parking at Lamport, but we had to get banners into the stadium, and we were already running way late. I'm glad the next home game is after the CNE is done.

ryan
08-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Use Lamport, or turn down the dead end street towards the GO station and park in one of the lots there.

It always looks busy with people walking down and cars along the road, but almost everytime those lots have space when I'm walking by 20 minutes before the match.

nfitz
08-29-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm glad the next home game is after the CNE is done.Afraid not ... Ex is still on for the September 2nd game.

Liberty village certainly sounds as though it was a better option. Looked full ... but I didn't see tons of cars looking for spots, and there were people leaving from the Ex.

jaahuuu
08-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Afraid not ... Ex is still on for the September 2nd game.
That's not a TFC game, and I'll be in New York City that day.

TOBOR !
08-29-2011, 12:44 PM
This was the first time I've taken the GO into town (from Burlington). The logic being trying to find parking and increased traffic. Well, after shelling out over $30 on GO fees and having to wait almost an hour for a train each way I'd have to say I'm undecided as to whether I chose correctly.

The GO service is shit and overpriced.

Ageroo
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
This was the first time I've taken the GO into town (from Burlington). The logic being trying to find parking and increased traffic. Well, after shelling out over $30 on GO fees and having to wait almost an hour for a train each way I'd have to say I'm undecided as to whether I chose correctly.

The GO service is shit and overpriced.

When I weigh the options of me and my fiancee coming down on the GO it just doesn't make sense for us. Even when you factor in on gas and parking.... the cost is pretty much a wash. At least with your own vehicle you can control your arrival and departure to some extent.

TOBOR !
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
When I weigh the options of me and my fiancee coming down on the GO it just doesn't make sense for us. Even when you factor in on gas and parking.... the cost is pretty much a wash. At least with your own vehicle you can control your arrival and departure to some extent.

I hear you. If the Ex wasn't on I'd've driven. It was memories of trying to drive in during the air show 2 years ago that sold me on taking the GO.

nfitz
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
The GO service is shit and overpriced.The service is great - the frequency really needs to be increased. A frequent and unfulfilled Ontario government promise for almost 40 years.

Personally I swear by it ... quickly gets me in and out of the BMO Field - and lets me drink beer. Though I'm not coming from out-of-town ... and generally the game finishes just as the eastbound leaves ... fortunately the game finished (started) on-time for once on Saturday. When I've tried to drive, I've noticed on the clock that at the time that the GO train arrives at my home station, I was still stuck in traffic near the stadium.

Ageroo
08-29-2011, 01:08 PM
The service is great - the frequency really needs to be increased. A frequent and unfulfilled Ontario government promise for almost 40 years.

Personally I swear by it ... quickly gets me in and out of the BMO Field - and lets me drink beer. Though I'm not coming from out-of-town ... and generally the game finishes just as the eastbound leaves ... fortunately the game finished (started) on-time for once on Saturday. When I've tried to drive, I've noticed on the clock that at the time that the GO train arrives at my home station, I was still stuck in traffic near the stadium.

I think the service is good as well....not trying to say it is poor, but when I factor in myself and the lady...it doesn't make sense for us. I take it every day to work and love it....but factoring in 2 fares roundtrip and the wait times on the weekend.....I'll drive anyday. I don't want to leave extremely early to get there and extremely late to go home....Driving gets me there when I want to be there.

TorontoPat
08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Go train during the CNE is great it lets you off right at the stadium for goodness sake. If I have half an hour to 45 minutes to kill until the train arrives, there is stuff to see on the midway. The cost for two roundtrip to Guildwood is 20 bucks. So I save on the gas and aggravation of getting out of the parking lot. Not to mention having to walk for 15 minutes or more just to get to the car.

Pookie
08-30-2011, 05:26 AM
I can't understand why there would be issues. Apparently, this downtown stadium location is the best possible location. At least that's the flack I get if ever I suggest it is less than convenient from both a TTC (from the north and cost) and parking perspective.

David_Oliveira
08-30-2011, 05:26 AM
I never have a problem finding $4.00 parking within 5 minutes from the pitch

rocker
08-30-2011, 10:54 AM
I love taking the GO from Clarkson. It just reduces the stress of travelling down there and having to find parking and then get out afterwards. I live a two minute walk from the station and have a Presto card now, so I can leave 5 minutes before the train arrives, don't have to stand in line for tickets, and get to BMO in 22 minutes or so, which is much faster than driving and then having to find a parking spot.

I do agree it's a little pricey these days depending on who you're paying for. Also, there was one game recently when the westbound train after the match was completely dead (wouldn't move) and all passengers had to get off, go back in the tunnel to the north side, and catch a replacement train that didn't come for another 20 minutes. When that happens, or when you can't get a seat cuz it's so busy, it kinda sucks.

I also wish they did 30 minute service, cuz TFC games that start at the top of the hour mean I have to wait about 45 minutes after the match to catch the train home. The best was when TFC games started at the bottom of the hour, and we'd be out of the stadium at :35 after, catching the :49 train.

London
08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I never have a problem finding $4.00 parking within 5 minutes from the pitch

shhhh