PDA

View Full Version : my walk home from work today

whyalwaysme11
08-26-2011, 10:20 PM
so i leave work today in a terrible mood walking home i see andy iro on the street with his dog i go up to him and start talking to him i was so nervous i didnt know what to say i told him how i found his mls rookie card the other day when i was cleaning my place. i think he thought i was crazy. anyways my day got better after i talked to him and then i remembered that the super cup would be on again at 630 so that made me even more happy...

but then...

2 blocks later near my house from behind i see a red head with big calves walking with a brown short guy next to him to me that could only be two people... it was plata and eckersley i went up to them and shook their hands i talked to ecks for about 5 min and plata was just looking at me i couldnt really understand what eks was saying with his accent again i was so nervous... i dont even know what i was saying to him... all that time i put into becoming a tfc expert over the past 5 years went down the drain because i was so nervous... all i remember saying was please dont go back to burnley. whatever else i said was prob stupid.

so that was my walk home.
everything was just so unexpected... something that plays such a big part of your life the stuff you cherish the most and then its right in your face like that in a setting where you normally wouldnt expect it to be...

Joe Kool
08-26-2011, 10:47 PM
What area do you live? You could have told Ecks to try his best not to kick any more balls away in anger especially when you already have a yellow.

ArmenJBX
08-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I kinda tensed up too when I met them. :D
I walked into that training room and Frei looks at least 7' tall, walked past him, up to Plata, did a few interviews with players.

The whole time, my thought process is "omg omg omg omg this is Plata holy shit"

It was quite awesome. I walked up to de Klerk, shook his hand, and told him I was a big fan, he looked at me like I had more to say but I was heading out. It's a very foreign experience meeting people you see on the field or on TV.

Mexinese
08-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Nice! Thats pretty cool, I wonder if they can socialize that well?! But I agree with Armen, im still pretty young and when i wrote an mag article in Inside Soccer Magazine, I interviewed Jimmy B and Laurent Robert, was a great experience! SOOO Nerve racking! I WAS going to interview Ibee Ibrahim til the last minut they didnt allow me, but he was 16 at the time, the age I am at now, and that would have been soooo cool!

Dv23
08-27-2011, 01:39 PM
I wish I got to see the players. I only ever see Paul Beirne and Tom Anselmi, but I don't want to talk to them. Although I did see De Klerk, Mariner and Matt Gold while the Dallas game was delayed the other day.

I remember back in the day I would see Ricketts and Brennan all the time. Got to talk to them.