PDA

View Full Version : First Tfc Game Advice!!!

brodo87
08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Whats going on everyone!
new member here! I've been a fan of all things TFC since they started (even considered showing up for that massive open tryouts haha). Ive been to a few games this season but due to my job (I'm in charge of the west coast for my company so im on a 2-10 schedule) i miss most games :s (but you better believe i catch all the highlights!). I've managed to score me some tickets to Tomorrows game and am bringing this girl i just recently met. she has NEVER been to a TFC game and is excited beyond belief. what i'm looking for is any advice from you guys as to how to make this the most epic experience ever! ive already got her learning the chants, got her some TFC swag, and learnin the name of the players! so basically converting her to the good side. now what i was wondering was, I've seen your youtube channel and saw that you guys do a "March of the Reds" to the stadium. is this a regular thing? is it members only? I spent last summer living in Ireland and before matches we used to all meet up at a pub, have a few pints, then march down to the pitch. it was an incredible experience and wanted her to experience the same thing! someone told me about the Brazzenhead pub or something thats in Liberty Village thats good for the pre-drink, any comments on that? or is there an official place everyone meets? any advice would be greatly appreciated. We're going to be sitting in section 116, row 13 and i think seats 14 and 15? or 13 and 14, if you're near there come say whats up! give us a cheers! I'm trying to really impress her haha
:scarf:
Cheers,
Brad

SoccMan
08-26-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't know what to say, however, keep in mind that the TFC game day experience is slowing dying, while the die hards are still trying hard to keep it going, the game day atmosphere is nothing like it use to be, you can thank MLSE for this, bad decision after bad both on and off the field is slowly sinking this club to the ground, Therefore, expect to see many, many empty seats and apart from the supporters section a very quiet and subdued type of crowd, I can't say your new girl will see anything to be impressed about sorry to say brother.

jabbronies
08-26-2011, 08:13 PM
the "die hards" are what have always made gameday what they are and they are located all over the stadium - with the majority of them congregating in the south.

If you are looking to be a part of the RPB festivities, You should check out Shoeless Joe's at King and Dufferin before the game. I'd go two hours before kick off if I wee you. It's a full on TFC warmup in there. Lots of beer, chanting and footy banter.

If the team wins/ties/ plays a great game, then I suggest going to gate 4 for the drum session. Then you'll really get a feel for the supporters culture Toronto has to offer.

Brooker
08-26-2011, 09:50 PM
someone told me about the Brazzenhead pub or something thats in Liberty Village thats good for the pre-drink, any comments on that? or is there an official place everyone meets?

Brazenhead is my favorite place to pre-drink but judging by your post I'd say the atmosphere at Shoeless Joe's is what you're looking for.

Have fun.

brodo87
08-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Cheers guys! i appreciate the feedback! i have noticed that the atmosphere has definately changed since year one but at least the die hards keep it good! we'll definately be at shoeless 2 hours early for the pre-game! i was going to say look for us in the TFC gear but that'd be a stupid comment so i wont say it haha,maybe just shout my name out a few times, if i hear ya I'll shout back! "Brad" or "Ivey" works!, if you find me I'll have a pint or do a shot with ya! glad to see at least some people still know how to attend footy games! see ya there!! thanks for the help!

ps. does everyone march to the pitch? or cab it?

Cheers,
Brad

Yagbod
08-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Welcome to the game day experience. Unfortunately the marches are a rare occurence these days. It is more of a steady trickle down to the stadium.

Joe's is only a few blocks away, so no need to cab it.

Negativity is a theme these days so don't let that diminish your enjoyment of the match. I like to think of it as cleaning house. I.e those that have left are slowly being replaced by those who really care.

Sadly I am missing my first match in over three years on Saturday, but feel free to migrate into more vocal sections if your area is not rocking. So long as you sing and show enthusiasm you should be welcome in more energetic sections.

Enjoy!

jazzy
08-27-2011, 02:14 AM
enjoy yourself...it's still soccer or "football"...you will be very close to the rpb's section 112, you'll hear them!! Win or lose a lot of people find ways of having a great time!! Our team is going thru a difficult period, but that doesn't mean we drop them. AND the Ex is on which with your ticket you can get in free...FOOD BLDG!! and beer, of the finest quality ...lol. keep your enthusiasm, it's appreciated and with your date you can't miss!! If she enjoys the night you've found a winner!! lol

DOMIN8R
08-27-2011, 04:38 AM
If you are interested in the Red Patch Boys experience - Shoeless Joe's is where you belong. Otherwise, any local pub/restaurant on game day will have good fan tournout. Liberty Village Bistro, Brazenhead, etc.

brodo87
08-27-2011, 11:24 AM
If you are interested in the Red Patch Boys experience - Shoeless Joe's is where you belong. Otherwise, any local pub/restaurant on game day will have good fan tournout. Liberty Village Bistro, Brazenhead, etc.

awesome! thanks for the advice! we're definately hitting up Shoeless! see you boys there!
Cheers,
Brad

Pinkie
08-27-2011, 12:21 PM
hahahahaha "red patch boys experience" at shoeless...haven't really felt that for a looong time.

don't expect pre-game chanting or anything really at joes...it's pretty much become like every other bars that are located around BMO.

Yeoman
08-27-2011, 12:25 PM
and we only do the post match stuff if we win
fyi

dupont
08-27-2011, 12:26 PM
It's still a lot of fun on game day no matter how it compares to the early days. Have a great time tonight!

rocktml
08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Whats going on everyone!
new member here! I've been a fan of all things TFC since they started (even considered showing up for that massive open tryouts haha). Ive been to a few games this season but due to my job (I'm in charge of the west coast for my company so im on a 2-10 schedule) i miss most games :s (but you better believe i catch all the highlights!). I've managed to score me some tickets to Tomorrows game and am bringing this girl i just recently met. she has NEVER been to a TFC game and is excited beyond belief. what i'm looking for is any advice from you guys as to how to make this the most epic experience ever! ive already got her learning the chants, got her some TFC swag, and learnin the name of the players! so basically converting her to the good side. now what i was wondering was, I've seen your youtube channel and saw that you guys do a "March of the Reds" to the stadium. is this a regular thing? is it members only? I spent last summer living in Ireland and before matches we used to all meet up at a pub, have a few pints, then march down to the pitch. it was an incredible experience and wanted her to experience the same thing! someone told me about the Brazzenhead pub or something thats in Liberty Village thats good for the pre-drink, any comments on that? or is there an official place everyone meets? any advice would be greatly appreciated. We're going to be sitting in section 116, row 13 and i think seats 14 and 15? or 13 and 14, if you're near there come say whats up! give us a cheers! I'm trying to really impress her haha
Cheers,
Brad

My advice, sell your tickets :facepalm:

AL-MO
08-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Whats going on everyone!
Cheers,
Brad

Do your thing and I'm sure you and your lady will have a great time.

trane
08-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Our team is going thru a difficult period,

Yeah, the past five years.

[Sorry, I had to. Cracked myself up, when the thought came to me]

jazzy
08-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah, the past five years.

[Sorry, I had to. Cracked myself up, when the thought came to me]

ain't it the truth......no denying

kodiakTFC
08-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Our crowd went from being the envy of the league to basically being Galaxy North. High attendance with a near dead atmosphere.

Technorgasm
09-01-2011, 07:38 AM
NORB TIP: get drunk. makes it better.
Join in, and start chants - makes it better.
BYOB - bring your own boobs - makes it better.
BUTTER - makes it better.

Mark in Ottawa
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
So?? How did it go?
Did you guys have a good time and get your moneys worth?