PDA

View Full Version : CCL Ticket Refund/Exchange for Postponed Dallas Match

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-26-2011, 02:18 PM
How do you feel about it?

What are you hoping to get out of it?

I know there will be an official announcement in a few days but I think we should see if the board can influence their decision prior to dropping another bomb on us.

I personally feel they should refund the match. I couldnt make it to a 10:15 am start on a weekday as I have a job. I also bought the 3 game CCL pack so more tickets to these games are not interesting to me. I could be the bigger man and say its a great chance to fill the seats and bring some extra mates out. Reality is I will have a hard time getting anyone to use them and I'll be standing there thinking I paid 2 times the price to sit and watch this game while almost half the stadium paid nothing to go because they got them free from a buddy. MLSE wins as they get more people in to buy concessions.

I'm tired of MLSE feeling like they are entitled to have direct access to my bank account. :hump:

Timing couldnt be any better for our annual season seats renewal debate about how much more we got fucked this year compared to the last.

JonO
08-26-2011, 02:32 PM
100% the match should be refunded. I'm not really sure how there can be any debate.

nfitz
08-26-2011, 02:34 PM
100% the match should be refunded. I'm not really sure how there can be any debate.You got to see the best lightening storm ever. They should be sending you a bill! :)

(I'm not surprised that people are suggesting refunds ... I am surprised anyone would want to stifle debate by suggesting there there shouldn't be one).

tfcfan2011
08-26-2011, 02:50 PM
for sth's they could credit the refund against next year's season seat price... that way their budgeting and accounting could all be in order :rolleyes:

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-26-2011, 02:54 PM
A buddy of mine had a discussion with his rep today and they have no plans of returning the money. You'll be given three options but wouldnt disclose what they are.

Taking money out of MLSE's hands is as likely as taking Mr. Heston's gun.

ryan
08-26-2011, 03:21 PM
MLSE give out money. LOL.

They'd rather eat their own kin than part with money.

jaahuuu
08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd settle for a credit on my account, or the same tickets (seat location & quantity) for free if we make it to the next round of the CCL.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd settle for a credit on my account, or the same tickets (seat location & quantity) for free if we make it to the next round of the CCL.
How's your MLS cup ticket coming along?

Petor
08-26-2011, 05:24 PM
You got to see the best lightening storm ever. They should be sending you a bill! :)

This was after they "evacuated" the stadium.
Where to go but under a tent-canopy beside the food building, was told later by a couple of guys in a golf cart that that was not a good idea because of the metal frame! :facepalm:

But yes, quite the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT4WHDSCtdY&hd=1

Oh, back to topic, a refund would be nice.
A ticket for group stage?
On a week night it's a tough sell, I hope they have a quick link to the donate tickets option.
Would like to see a lot of kids there than no one.

TFC Cityboy
08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
here's an analogy- far from perfect and you could likely shoot holes in it, but I can't be arsed thinking it thru any more...

Loyal customer: "Hi, I ordered the new IPOD from this store this week as an upgrade from my old one but got a call saying that you were unable to fulfill the order due to reasons beyond your control"

Customer service " Yes that's correct, we can't give you what you ordered, but to make it up to you we are willing to give you another of the one you already have."

Customer:" But I already have that model and there is little demand for that product in today's market "

Customer service "Well, I know we took your money and we were unable to make good on what you bought but this really is a generous offer seeing as it really wasn't our fault"

Customer "well fuck you, you'll not get any more money out of me you greedy corporate money-grabbing bastards"

Now can you seriously see any company with any respect for its clients handling a situation like that?

TFC Cityboy
08-26-2011, 06:14 PM
for me it's not about the money. It's about treating the customer with respect instead of squeezing every last cent out of him.
If I'm not offered a refund, I'm on "no beer no gear" for the rest of the season and tbh I'm sick and tired of being pissed off at the club I support.

TFC_905
08-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Is it just me or when you guys log onto your account manager, is the game for Sept, 20th no longer visible?

tfcfan2011
08-26-2011, 07:05 PM

also a good solution, i'd definitely take that

Klinsmann
08-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd settle for 3 throws at Anselmi in the dunk tank again!!!!

Roca
08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Is it just me or when you guys log onto your account manager, is the game for Sept, 20th no longer visible?

Nope, it's not just you, mine's not there either.

menefreghista
08-27-2011, 06:32 AM
The standard practice in the sports and concert ticket industry is to offer a ticket to the rescheduled event, or a refund.

So if MLSE isn't willing to give out refunds that is poor form on their part. But its not surprising giving the history of the organization.

I'm tired of being a part time scalper for this team.

nfitz
08-27-2011, 11:07 AM
This was after they "evacuated" the stadium.
Where to go but under a tent-canopy beside the food buildingThe Food building itself was wide open - this is where stadium staff and the police were directing people who were reluctant to evacuate. Some of the vendors inside were still serving food!

The standard practice in the sports and concert ticket industry is to offer a ticket to the rescheduled event, or a refund.Is this the standard practice in North American professional football? The New York Redbulls game tomorrow has been cancelled because of weather, and they are only being given the option to "will have the option of using the same ticket on the Tuesday, Oct. 4 date or exchange them for a ticket to one of the remaining 2011 New York Red Bulls regular season home games, based on availability. (http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2011/08/red-bulls-vs-galaxy-postponed-due-expected-severe-inclement-weather)"

I'm not saying they shouldn't offer refund (or at least credit) ... I'm just questioning the statement that it is standard practice.

mclaren
08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
This is a very, very clever business move by MLSE. They saw a tiny, embarrassing turnout for the game (anyone know the attendance) basically proving that TFC fans care not a jot about the CCL. So they turn the problem of game postponement into an opportunity - give each person a ticket and fill the stadium for the next two CCL home games. Merchandise and Concessions bonus all round!

menefreghista
08-27-2011, 04:06 PM
The Food building itself was wide open - this is where stadium staff and the police were directing people who were reluctant to evacuate. Some of the vendors inside were still serving food!

Is this the standard practice in North American professional football? The New York Redbulls game tomorrow has been cancelled because of weather, and they are only being given the option to "will have the option of using the same ticket on the Tuesday, Oct. 4 date or exchange them for a ticket to one of the remaining 2011 New York Red Bulls regular season home games, based on availability. (http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2011/08/red-bulls-vs-galaxy-postponed-due-expected-severe-inclement-weather)"

I'm not saying they shouldn't offer refund (or at least credit) ... I'm just questioning the statement that it is standard practice.

Yes, it is standard practice.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Its a dick move to not offer a refund as well.

Joe Kool
08-28-2011, 12:57 AM
A buddy of mine had a discussion with his rep today and they have no plans of returning the money. You'll be given three options but wouldnt disclose what they are.

I guess there weren't three options after all since tickets for Sept 20 showed up in everyone's Account Manager. Too bad.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Just saw they added seats to the game on the 20th to my account. I'm tired of being used by the FO to market their product. If I don't get my money back I'm inclined to let these extra tickets go to waste as It represents over a hundred dollars in concessions to the FO which is the intent behind this ridiculous bait and switch for a refund they owe us.

menefreghista
08-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Just saw they added seats to the game on the 20th to my account. I'm tired of being used by the FO to market their product. If I don't get my money back I'm inclined to let these extra tickets go to waste as It represents over a hundred dollars in concessions to the FO which is the intent behind this ridiculous bait and switch for a refund they owe us.

Like I said, I'm tired of being a part-time scalper for TFC.

I can't attend the match on the 20th and absolutely do not need extra tickets to any other game this season.

It shouldn't be my job to help the FO move tickets.

Globetrotter
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
100% the match should be refunded. I'm not really sure how there can be any debate.

What do you mean "not sure how there can be a debate"?

I'll go ahead.

You had a ticket, game was postponed/cancelled. Your ticket WAS STILL VALID for when the game was rescheduled. It's not their fault you were at work, picking up the kids, or playing with elephants on trampolines. You had a valid ticket and didn't go to the game. When you bought your seasons tickets in the fall, you didn't know what date the games would land on, so no excuse for the date/time of the follow up game.

US Open (Tennis policy)
http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/inclement_weather_policy/

MLB teams
http://mlb.mlb.com/min/ballpark/rainout.jsp
http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/policy.jsp?topic=rain

I think you get the point.

Notice that tickets for baseball can be reused for the make up game OR traded for any other game (subject to availability). TFC let you go to the makeup game (which included CNE entrance for free, a $16 value) AAAANNNNDDD a makeup game!!!!

Now, with an educated head on your shoulders, can you see "how it could be up for debate"?

nfitz
08-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I guess there weren't three options after all since tickets for Sept 20 showed up in everyone's Account Manager. Too bad.I haven't seen an e-mail or announcement yet. Who says there aren't other options? When you phone up and say you don't want/need extra ticket, what do they say?

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Did they make an effort to put your free tickets together with your existing ones?

Paveington
08-28-2011, 10:58 AM
This was a conacaf game not MLS. So surly its Concacaf rules.
rule 2.1 All games shall be an evening game
rule 9.7 a repeat match lasting 90 minutes shall be arranged for the next day.

So why did they not replay it the next day in the evening as rule 2.1 states? This alone should entitle us to a refund.

menefreghista
08-28-2011, 12:02 PM

I'll go ahead.

You had a ticket, game was postponed/cancelled. Your ticket WAS STILL VALID for when the game was rescheduled. It's not their fault you were at work, picking up the kids, or playing with elephants on trampolines. You had a valid ticket and didn't go to the game. When you bought your seasons tickets in the fall, you didn't know what date the games would land on, so no excuse for the date/time of the follow up game.

US Open (Tennis policy)
http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/inclement_weather_policy/

MLB teams
http://mlb.mlb.com/min/ballpark/rainout.jsp
http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/policy.jsp?topic=rain

I think you get the point.

Notice that tickets for baseball can be reused for the make up game OR traded for any other game (subject to availability). TFC let you go to the makeup game (which included CNE entrance for free, a $16 value) AAAANNNNDDD a makeup game!!!!

Now, with an educated head on your shoulders, can you see "how it could be up for debate"?

The difference here is that there is actual demand for Twins, Yankees or US Open tickets.

With my 'extra' TFC tickets I have little hope of recouping the costs for an event I can now no longer attend.

When bands reschedule shows they always offer a refund for people that can't attend the new date. I don't see why I shouldn't be afforded the same courtesy. Its simply good customer service. And considering the way things are going at TFC they should be kissing our asses. Not trying to continue to squeeze every last penny as usual.

nfitz
08-28-2011, 12:50 PM
This was a conacaf game not MLS. So surly its Concacaf rules.
rule 2.1 All games shall be an evening game
rule 9.7 a repeat match lasting 90 minutes shall be arranged for the next day.

So why did they not replay it the next day in the evening as rule 2.1 states?If they wanted to preclude the possibility that the game would be played in the day, rather than the evening, they would have written "shall be arranged for the next evening". As far as I know, the only other game in the 4-year history of the Champions League to be replayed the next day due to wather, was an afternoon start, rather than an evening start (ironically this also occurred last week ... though I recall there were a couple from the 2008 that were delayed by weeks).

This alone should entitle us to a refund.Has anyone actually approached their ticket rep. and asked for a refund? Or are people just complaining about something without checking out all their options.

menefreghista
08-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Taking money out of MLSE's hands is as likely as taking Mr. Heston's gun.

Has anyone actually approached their ticket rep. and asked for a refund? Or are people just complaining about something without checking out all their options.

See quote above.

Personally I'm going to call on Monday. We shall see.

nfitz
08-28-2011, 01:52 PM
See quote above.

Personally I'm going to call on Monday. We shall see.Yes, I saw that. I was still waiting to hear what the 3 options are. And let's see what a direct request to one's rep about wanting a refund gets - rather than a third-hand story of a chat, rather than a request.

If one of the options is a credit on any future MLSE purchases ... I really don't see an issue - unless one was a travelling Dallas fan.

Though at $15 a ticket ... I'd expect the last thing a travelling Dallas fan (if there is such a thing) would care about was the cost of the ticket!

Personally, I feel I more than got my money's worth. But I can understand that some might want credit.

TFC Cityboy
08-28-2011, 02:03 PM

I'll go ahead.

You had a ticket, game was postponed/cancelled. Your ticket WAS STILL VALID for when the game was rescheduled. It's not their fault you were at work, picking up the kids, or playing with elephants on trampolines. You had a valid ticket and didn't go to the game.

disagree completely, with all due respect:
-game rescheduled for next MORNING. Not too many can simply not show up for work because they want to attend the game , and not too many would have anticipated that time of day for the rematch.

-when you buy a ticket for an event, it is assumed that you have checked your calendar and you buy the ticket knowing you are free. If your personal situation changes between purchase date and event date, tough shit for you. That was not the case here.

It's common practice to treat your customers well and not nickel and dime them. The latter practice is short-sighted and exactly what we have come to expect from MLSE.
Fact is, they display huge arrogance in dealing with their support (aka customers). We saw that with the much bigger issue of last season's renewals and MLS Cup tickets.

I could care less about the $30. It's the bloody principle once again. I was really hoping I'd get thru an entire season not being pissed off at MLSE. Maybe next year tho I doubt it.

nfitz
08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Perhaps people can find out what their options are before they start freaking out?

If one is going to get pissed off based on only rumour and speculation - then one is always going to get pissed off.

Yohan
08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I wonder if the the timing for the make up game was MLSE's fault. Could be CONCACAF or even FC Dallas. Both teams had a game on Sat and Dallas had to travel to KC.
Game earlier in the day means a little more rest for the players

TFC Cityboy
08-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Perhaps people can find out what their options are before they start freaking out?

If one is going to get pissed off based on only rumour and speculation - then one is always going to get pissed off.

It would have been easy to make the decision friday. It'll cost MLSE peanuts, and would have garnered goodwill.

TFC Cityboy
08-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I wonder if the the timing for the make up game was MLSE's fault. Could be CONCACAF or even FC Dallas. Both teams had a game on Sat and Dallas had to travel to KC.
Game earlier in the day means a little more rest for the players
CONCACAF had the decision.

spe18
08-28-2011, 02:49 PM
How did they do this for the postponed Canadian Championship game?

Paveington
08-28-2011, 07:52 PM
I have approached them for a refund and told them I was not interested in being given extra tickets. i was basically stone walled. There is no way they're giving back any money.
if i felt ,that as season ticket holder from day one, that i get treated fair and with respect from TFC/MLSE then i wouldn't be bother at all. But enough is enough.

Paveington
08-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I have approached them for a refund and told them I was not interested in being given extra tickets. i was basically stone walled. There is no way they're giving back any money.
if i felt ,that as season ticket holder from day one, that i get treated fair and with respect from TFC/MLSE then i wouldn't be bother at all. But enough is enough.

habstfc
08-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Don't all tickets say something like "time and date subject to change" or something like that. I know people are pissed but if the decision was made on the fact that Dallas and TFC had games on saturday and an earlier start would give them more rest. I blame concacaf more than mlse on this matter. TFC has a two week break, couldn't the game have been played sometime in the next two weeks?

Globetrotter
08-28-2011, 08:06 PM
disagree completely, with all due respect:

That's fair. I Think I'd probably prefer the money back as well. However the poster stated "not sure how it can be debated". That falls into one of the three comments that make people seem like they're too full of themselves and think their point of view is God like, the be all end all.

~it can't be debated
~end thread
~enough said

The fact is, whether you agree or disagree with the final decision by MLSE, it can certainly be debated, and there's plenty of teams sports throughout our continent and the world that apply the same policy. So, sure it's debatable.

Not saying the poster was all hot on his own opinion, just rubbed me the wrong way at the time and pointed out it might be contestable.

New poll for how many posters it takes to write their point and write "end thread"? There's always a Seinfeld lurking in forums... :rolleyes:

spe18
08-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Don't all tickets say something like "time and date subject to change" or something like that. I know people are pissed but if the decision was made on the fact that Dallas and TFC had games on saturday and an earlier start would give them more rest. I blame concacaf more than mlse on this matter. TFC has a two week break, couldn't the game have been played sometime in the next two weeks?

I think at best it could've been rescheduled for after the mls season ends. It doesn't look like it would've been done during the 2 week break as Dallas has games on Aug 30, and Sept 3. Only window of opportunity would've been the Wednesday or so of that week. But then you run into the problem of having the extra expenses ie. flights, hotels etc.

habstfc
08-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I think at best it could've been rescheduled for after the mls season ends. It doesn't look like it would've been done during the 2 week break as Dallas has games on Aug 30, and Sept 3. Only window of opportunity would've been the Wednesday or so of that week. But then you run into the problem of having the extra expenses ie. flights, hotels etc.

Valid points, that would mean a big expense for FC dallas and we all know how well they draw fans.

nfitz
08-29-2011, 07:18 AM
I think at best it could've been rescheduled for after the mls season ends. It doesn't look like it would've been done during the 2 week break as Dallas has games on Aug 30, and Sept 3. Only window of opportunity would've been the Wednesday or so of that week. But then you run into the problem of having the extra expenses ie. flights, hotels etc.What you run into the most is CONCACAF. It was their call - and their rules clearly state that you play the next day.

Wednesday of that week is out ... CONCACAF is running World Cup Qualifiers on September 6th. This is why they don't schedule Champions League games for those weeks.

Fort York Redcoat
08-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Not that bothered by the rescheduling really. Would've liked to see the match that night instead but I get it.

I kind of wish there was more people sad they couldn't get to the original night game. There just wasn't that many there in the first place.

jaahuuu
08-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Don't all tickets say something like "time and date subject to change" or something like that.
It does, but it also says this:
(this is a screen shot of the pdf printed from account manager)

JonO
08-29-2011, 02:49 PM
(I'm not surprised that people are suggesting refunds ... I am surprised anyone would want to stifle debate by suggesting there there shouldn't be one).

I'll go ahead.

meh - internet twats are out in full force on this one. Not really sure how my comment was trying to stifle debate, but since you guys want to be dicks about it, go right ahead. :rolleyes:

nfitz
08-29-2011, 03:14 PM
meh - internet twats are out in full force on this one. You mean the whiners that show up every time they feel they haven't quite gotten what they are entitled to?

Yagbod
08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything on how and when the bonus tix will be available?

Any ideas on how it will work if your tickets were 'forwarded' to you. I.e. does the recipient get the extra tix or does the original buyer get them?

Red CB Toronto
08-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Has anyone heard anything on how and when the bonus tix will be available?

Any ideas on how it will work if your tickets were 'forwarded' to you. I.e. does the recipient get the extra tix or does the original buyer get them?

The email of the person who bought them get them put into their account manager, my friend and I who are both SHH decided to just get a pair together, which he bought, so TFC put an extra pair in his account manager this weekend.

Alonso
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
I'd settle for 3 throws at Anselmi in the dunk tank again!!!!

Besides a refund this is the only other solution that would satisfy me.

james
08-31-2011, 01:46 PM
MLSE just keep on digging that grave deepper and deepper till they wont beable to get out of it.

Lots of people probably booked that night off to go to the game, and can not attend the game in september or dont want extra tickets for another game. What are some people going to do with extra tickets? Many people cant get there freinds to come to games any more or get rid of there tickets to random people like they could back in 2007,2008,. People have had enough with the shit play on the field, over priced tickets and decline in atmosphere at the games, people couldnt give a rats ass anymore about going to TFC games. For the fans that still follow TFC and attend games MLSE should honour these fans and show so dam respect or they will soon have no fans, and it is starting really show in the stands, attendence is going on a steep decline from what sales use to be and its going to keep headding in downward!

Pinkie
08-31-2011, 02:47 PM
The email of the person who bought them get them put into their account manager, my friend and I who are both SHH decided to just get a pair together, which he bought, so TFC put an extra pair in his account manager this weekend.

pretty much that...just got an email, went to TM and saw that i now have another pair for section 110 row 31...

flatpicker
08-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Sheesh, the extra pair of tickets they gave me are in 104.
Would have been nice if they were closer to my original pair in 111.
But I guess they decided to provide tickets of equal value.

Klinsmann
08-31-2011, 02:53 PM

I guess I lucked out, my 2nd pair is 18 rows below my origional pair in the same section.

SuperTCP
08-31-2011, 02:55 PM
I had 4 pairs for that game, recieved the email, but no "complimentary" tickets show up in my account manager. Calling my Rep now....

grizzle
08-31-2011, 03:03 PM

Wanna trade? I went from 111 Row 2 to 226 Row 22

CommradePolski
08-31-2011, 03:12 PM
I got tickets for section 111 row 33. I sit in 116, not sure who I can pawn these tickets off on.....

Carefree
08-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Same here. My tickets were in 111 and the freebies are in 104.

Doesn't really matter though, since the stadium will pretty much be empty. You can sit wherever you want. For the Dallas game my wife didn't like the view from the bottom of 111 so we moved to the middle of 108 and got to see what life is like for those who can affort $75 per ticket.

SirBobSaget
08-31-2011, 04:04 PM
I guess a few thousand $$$ in the short term is more worthwhile then long term goodwill. Credit to the account was the right answer. Not an extra ticket that is 6 sections away and impossible to offload, or if IO do offload its to the benifit of MLSE in extra concession revenue.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
mine are in there for section 120, prob come sit with me tho

CommradePolski
08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
If anyone wants my extras in section 111 i give them away for free to you.

Red CB Toronto
08-31-2011, 04:55 PM
If someone who got an extra pair(s) for September 20 game as a result of the rain out and has no use for them, please pass them onto a fellow member, I am looking for more tickets, want to bring some people down. Do not let them go to waste.

rocker
08-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I already have 2 seats to this game.

I'll pass my two freebie seats (in 108, row 25) for free to anyone who wants them .

But you have to PM me and tell me why YOU out of all people should have them. The best answer gets it :)

EDITED: THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN GIVEN AWAY TO A GOOD HOME.

Klinsmann
08-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Just received this email from TFC:

You now have access to your additional ticket(s) through your online Account Manager.
Please log in and print/email the ticket(s) before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 7th.
Please note, all additional unprinted tickets after the deadline will be released from your account.

WTF, if we don't print email 13 days before the game we lose the tickets?
Does that mean TFC will then try to sell the free tickets they gave us?

sidvan
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM

You now have access to your additional ticket(s) through your online Account Manager.
Please log in and print/email the ticket(s) before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, September 7th.
Please note, all additional unprinted tickets after the deadline will be released from your account.

YEP :facepalm:

rocker
09-01-2011, 10:38 AM

Yes.

If you don't know who to give them to at this time, then just email them to yourself. You'll get a PDF. Save the PDF and then forward it to someone after the Sept 7 deadline.

The deadline is useful -- if people don't want the seats, then they can sell them off to people who want them. Otherwise chances are there will be lots of seats never used just sitting in people's account manager.

T-boy
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
It would have still be better to give us all more than one option over this!

I already got extra tickets for the Tauro game for 2 of my friends. I don't have anybody else to take. Why not give the option of two tickets to EITHER the Tauro game OR the Pumas game?! That would get more people to both games, surely?!

Typical short term thinking from MLSE, as usual!

mastermixer
09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
It would have still be better to give us all more than one option over this!

I already got extra tickets for the Tauro game for 2 of my friends. I don't have anybody else to take. Why not give the option of two tickets to EITHER the Tauro game OR the Pumas game?! That would get more people to both games, surely?!

Typical short term thinking from MLSE, as usual!

They know that they will be selling more tickets to the Puma's game than the Tauro game. Why would they give us tickets for free to a game they think they can make more money from? :rolleyes:

TOBOR !
09-01-2011, 11:22 AM
what a shitshow. While I acknowledge the gesture made by some by offering your extra seats for free, I still say 'no thanks'.

razor787
09-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I know a lot of people are upset with MLSE over this move, but I think that the way they are doing things is decent. They could surely do better, but when you buy a ticket to an outdoor even, and an act of god happens that makes that cancels the event part way through, they don't HAVE to make it up to you in any way.

They still have to pay staffing, electrical, plumbing ect for the time they were open during the game, and running a stadium of that size is expensive. Having to return the money for each seat would cost them a fortune. Giving a free seat to another game is a fair exchange. It isn't their fault that the lightning storm happened, and its not their fault the game was scheduled for 10am the next day. They got screwed over just as badly as we did, and are now losing out on revenue because of it.

mastermixer
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I know a lot of people are upset with MLSE over this move, but I think that the way they are doing things is decent. They could surely do better, but when you buy a ticket to an outdoor even, and an act of god happens that makes that cancels the event part way through, they don't HAVE to make it up to you in any way.

They still have to pay staffing, electrical, plumbing ect for the time they were open during the game, and running a stadium of that size is expensive. Having to return the money for each seat would cost them a fortune. Giving a free seat to another game is a fair exchange. It isn't their fault that the lightning storm happened, and its not their fault the game was scheduled for 10am the next day. They got screwed over just as badly as we did, and are now losing out on revenue because of it.

How are they losing out on revenue. These games will get attendances of 10000-12000 people max. Giving out some extra seats only allows them to make more money of concessions that they would not have gotten anyways. And to be honest, if they figured out they are able to give away 2 for 1 deals now, they should have done this in the first place as a pretty decent promotion. Again I guess greed got the best of MLSE once again.

razor787
09-01-2011, 11:51 AM
because giving those seats away they arent selling them. The people that receive the free seats could have planned on buying them from MLSE, but instead buy from someone who is selling on here, or somewhere else.

Red CB Toronto
09-01-2011, 11:59 AM
If anyone is not using their extra tickets I am looking to bring a group of friends, two great board members have already offered me a pair each so I am up to six, trying to get 10, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to my fellow TFC supporters. PM me if you can help.

SuperTCP
09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I am looking for 2-4 extra tickets as well to take my dad and his friends along with me, great guys, and soccer fans. PM me if you have any to spare - thanks.

CommradePolski
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
My tickets have been already given away. No longer have them.

Yagbod
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
As it turns out I do need a seat for this game. If anyone has an extra it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Got one! Many thanks to Sulfur!

sulfur
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I've got a pair if anyone wants. Just PM me your email address, and first come first serve. :)

Well, first came, and first served. Yagbod's covered for a ticket now. :)

T-boy
09-01-2011, 01:32 PM
They got screwed over just as badly as we did, and are now losing out on revenue because of it.

Oh yes, because MLSE don't make any money and they are relying on this games revenue alone to make ends meet this year!

Correction...MLSE make a VERY handsome profit, and the revenue from this game will essentially be a needle in a haystack as far as profit is concerned.

I think we are all complaining cos a company that clearly makes a handsome profit won't give anything back to its VERY loyal fans. It really sucks, to be honest. MLSE really should be called ML$E. :(

spe18
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
It would be great if I could get an extra 2-3 tickets for this game too if someone doesn't plan on using them. I know of some people that have never been to a tfc game that would like to experience how it's like :)

MartinUtd
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I've had a good rapport with my rep but nevertheless, here is my reply:

Hi XXXX,

I really hate to bring this to you like this because you've been great to deal with so far, but what the fuck is this shit? I don't want to sit in 119 and I don't want to act as a ticket agent for your employer. This will be a factor into my decision of whether or not to renew my season tickets next year. Please remove these tickets from my account and either refund my money or credit me tickets to a game I'm not already going to.

Regards,

Martin

I encourage any other STH's to do the same.

TOBOR !
09-01-2011, 05:13 PM
what a shitshow. While I acknowledge the gesture made by some by offering your extra seats for free, I still say 'no thanks'.

TFC Cityboy
09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I've had a good rapport with my rep but nevertheless, here is my reply:

I encourage any other STH's to do the same.

Jeez this is 2 united fans I agree with...wtf?? :)

Seriously, I'm in 115, bought the 3 game pack knowing full well I'll likely struggle to find anyone to use my 2nd seat on a schoolnight at 8pm, and these arrogant fuckwits give me an extra 2 tickets to pimp in section 10fuckin6?

Ugh...I am so close to saying a final FUCK YOU to TFC - it's not the money it's the damn principle of these arrogant fucks at MLSE taking me for granted.
I'm not spending another fucking nickel inside BMO for the rest of the season- 3 years in a fuckin row that I end the season pissed off at the club I support.
Why the fuck do I bother?

dmacd
09-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't often post here but am finding the sense if entitlement here a little sickening. Sh*t happened and a game got rescheduled according to a dumb rule that screwed everybody - the team and us. TFC doesn't owe us anything so I actually thought the extra tickets were a modest but reasonable gesture.

How about we all stop whining and use this as a opportunity to do something nice and actually fill a stadium that would have otherwise been mostly empty? If you can't use your ticket, give it their charity (details in the email they sent) and let some kid have a fun night on free.

As for the missed game - chalk it up as bad luck and move on. Life's too short to get angry (and/or desert your team) over nothing.

habstfc
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
If people are giving away seats, I'll take a pair, preferably on the east side. Thanks in advance.

Red CB Toronto
09-02-2011, 12:55 AM
because giving those seats away they arent selling them. The people that receive the free seats could have planned on buying them from MLSE, but instead buy from someone who is selling on here, or somewhere else.

or not buying them at all, ending up with a free one from a fellow supporter.

MartinUtd
09-02-2011, 01:16 AM
I don't often post here but am finding the sense if entitlement here a little sickening. Sh*t happened and a game got rescheduled according to a dumb rule that screwed everybody - the team and us. TFC doesn't owe us anything so I actually thought the extra tickets were a modest but reasonable gesture.

Hey Paul, new account?

Let me spell this out for you:

1 - I bought a ticket to an event
2 - The event was cancelled due to weather
3 - Subsequent replay is played 12 hours later on a weekday morning
4 - I still haven't received one event experience as per my admission fee
5 - They substitute the appropriate refund with extra tickets to a game I have already bought tickets for

Now it doesn't take a masters in consumer relations management to see something isn't right here. Shit does happen, but guess what? That's what you have insurance for. If they you really think we owe them anything more then you are in fact Paul Bernie.

And Cityboy, you mean Leeds, right? ;)

dmacd
09-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey Paul, new account?

If they you really think we owe them anything more then you are in fact Paul Bernie.

I assumed I would get labbelled as such for posting this but anyone on this board that isn't a malcontent and continually demanding that TFC give them something must be a management narc.

My only point is this: we all got screwed, team included, so why not do something nice? Yes, you bought a ticket and didn't get to go, but is the $15 you probably paid for a supporters ticket really going to kill you? Why not donate your extra to charity and let a kid go to his first game, rather than complaining that you paid for 20 games this year and only got to go to 19?

Derko
09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
All I can say is, Holy Fuck, don't use your 'Free' tickets if you don't want too. Give them to someone who wants them, or throw them out, if you don't want the evil MLSE geeting rich over them.
I have never been to an outdoor event where it was cancelled due to weather and got a refund, The only reason people didn't bitch about the Vancouver Whitecaps replay, is because it was a convenient date and time, CONCACAF dictated the replay time of the Dallas game, I would have gone to the game but couldn't, so I am giving my 'Free' tickets to friends whom have never been to a TFC game, and would love to go, and I encourage other SUPPORTERS to do the same.

MartinUtd
09-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Holy shit you're missing the point. This is about paying for something and them not delivering the goods. It could be a chocolate bar, it's a matter of principal. The Vancouver replay was totally different, we actually all got to go to that replay and nobody had to miss any work hours for it.

And for the record, this is the first time I personally have lost it at management and I have a pretty good record of donating to charities so you can drop the greed pretense right there.

If you can't admit MLSE fucked up big time then you really are drinking the kool aid or just calling the likes of me out for the fun of it/trolling.

T-boy
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM
I assumed I would get labbelled as such for posting this but anyone on this board that isn't a malcontent and continually demanding that TFC give them something must be a management narc.

My only point is this: we all got screwed, team included, so why not do something nice? Yes, you bought a ticket and didn't get to go, but is the $15 you probably paid for a supporters ticket really going to kill you? Why not donate your extra to charity and let a kid go to his first game, rather than complaining that you paid for 20 games this year and only got to go to 19?

YOU are missing the point! Yes, we "all got screwed". But MLSE haven't at all! They still got their game played, and have kept all their revenue from the game! We didn't even SEE the game! Now they offer us tickets to a game where they will SELL MORE FOOD AND DRINK AND MERCH. Where, then, does MLSE lose in this?! MLSE are making EVEN more money out of a canceled game!

The point is that MLSE are greedy money driven bastards, and they don't care about us fans who have PAID for an event we will never see. Now we get to take a friend for free to a game that we already have tickets for, and our friends can buy food and beer and give MLSE even more money, and MLSE will now make even MORE money out of the Tauro game! Well, thanks ML$E!

prizby
09-02-2011, 11:17 AM
anyone know if we get 1 or 2 free tickets per ticket bought?

MartinUtd
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Technically speaking we get zero free tickets. I got two "replacements" for the two tickets I had previously bought so it's a 1:1 ratio. They're still not free though.

SirBobSaget
09-02-2011, 12:13 PM
YOU are missing the point! Yes, we "all got screwed". But MLSE haven't at all! They still got their game played, and have kept all their revenue from the game! We didn't even SEE the game! Now they offer us tickets to a game where they will SELL MORE FOOD AND DRINK AND MERCH. Where, then, does MLSE lose in this?! MLSE are making EVEN more money out of a canceled game!

The point is that MLSE are greedy money driven bastards, and they don't care about us fans who have PAID for an event we will never see. Now we get to take a friend for free to a game that we already have tickets for, and our friends can buy food and beer and give MLSE even more money, and MLSE will now make even MORE money out of the Tauro game! Well, thanks ML$E!

Exactly!

On top of all this, the CCL is "bonus" revenue for MLSE. So they're not out anything other than GameDay expenses (which would have been more than covered by the concession profits for that night).

habstfc
09-02-2011, 12:16 PM
If people are giving away seats, I'll take a pair, preferably on the east side. Thanks in advance.

Anyone? I'll buy whoever a couple of those king kong beers for two tickets.

habstfc
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey Paul, new account?

Let me spell this out for you:

1 - I bought a ticket to an event
2 - The event was cancelled due to weather
3 - Subsequent replay is played 12 hours later on a weekday morning
4 - I still haven't received one event experience as per my admission fee
5 - They substitute the appropriate refund with extra tickets to a game I have already bought tickets for

Now it doesn't take a masters in consumer relations management to see something isn't right here. Shit does happen, but guess what? That's what you have insurance for. If they you really think we owe them anything more then you are in fact Paul Bernie.

And Cityboy, you mean Leeds, right? ;)

I get your frustration but where do you draw the line with refunds? I went to the first vancouver game and got soaked, I couldn't go to the replay, does that mean I should get a refund?

I really don't think this would be as big an issue if TFC won or even tied that game the next morning. Just my opinion.

MartinUtd
09-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I get your frustration but where do you draw the line with refunds? I went to the first vancouver game and got soaked, I couldn't go to the replay, does that mean I should get a refund?

I really don't think this would be as big an issue if TFC won or even tied that game the next morning. Just my opinion.

This bares no resemblance to the Vancouver replay at all. The Dallas game was replayed 12 hours later on a weekday morning. A weekday morning. With no advanced notice. You also had the chance to go to a game that you had not already bought tickets for. I get that CONCACAF sets the date, but we're talking about the very basic issue of paying money and goods not being received.

habstfc
09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
This bares no resemblance to the Vancouver replay at all. The Dallas game was replayed 12 hours later on a weekday morning. A weekday morning. With no advanced notice. You also had the chance to go to a game that you had not already bought tickets for. I get that CONCACAF sets the date, but we're talking about the very basic issue of paying money and goods not being received.

The dallas and vancouver games were both cancelled and played at inconvenient times for both of us, I think there is resemblance. I know a 10 a.m. game on a weekday and a saturday game are totally different but the result was the same for both of us.

I think what they offered was fair for something totally out of their hands.

I f you've got extras I'll buy you a couple of big beers, might not be the same price you paid for tickets but it's something. Just don't drive if you drink both those by yourself.

MartinUtd
09-02-2011, 01:40 PM
I appreciate that you'd buy them off me, I've already agree to pass them along though. For me it's the principal of the issue. I really don't care that NYRB gets $10 CCL games or whatever they have but I do care that I'm getting ripped off.

I'm sorry but the comparison of the two games is not apt at all. How can you compare 12 hours notice on a weekday morning with 1 months notice on an evening? There is absolutely no correlation with how this was handled and for me it's an example of a lazy and degraded approach to dealing with an easy problem.

I can't believe anybody is making excuses for these people. If this were any other line of business who's practices were not polluted by fan loyalty being taken for granted then there wouldn't even be a debate. They fucked up, again.

Also, the notion that I wouldn't be pissed off if they had a better team flies in the face of my 5 years of purchasing season tickets. It has nothing to do with on field performance AT ALL.

SirBobSaget
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM

One giant difference is I didn't already have tickets to the Vancouver replay game. Most of us already have tickets to the Tauro game so extra ones do us no good, the best we can do is pass them along for free.

I don't even care about the $$$, its the handling once again. MLSE went with the solution that benefited them most. They're taking this opportunity to have the most loyal fans expose our friends to the TFC experience.

Were subsidizing their "Entice people that would otherwise not want to pay >0$ to try this TFC thing out!!" promotion

pdogg
09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
The replay notice and the free ticket are two very different items to be griping about but it seems to be all in one.

1. The rescheduling of the game - MLS, MLSE, The Suits - they had no say in when this would be replayed and had to go along with CONCACAF on this. The fact that it was at a time that is inconvenient for most people, is well, inconvenient. For most sporting/concert events that I've been to, if the event is reschedule you get your ticket to the rescheduled day - and that was fulfilled.

2. Now - the free game. MLSE understands that most people probably couldn't make it to the midweek game. If they acted like everyone portrays them to be, a soulless corporation, then they could have said, FU - you get nothing from us except the rescheduled game. Instead they put out a little goodwill (much like they did for the G20 game previously, which is somewhat of a precedent) and gave out free tickets to those who bought tickets to the dallas game.

Is it a game you already bought tickets for, yes, most likely. What other game would you have preferred they give you a ticket to? A regular season game? Is there enough single tix for the rest of the season to do so? You probably have tickets for that already. The next round in the CCL? I can't imagine the uproar here if that was the case - especially if they don't make it through. Instead it's one of the remaining home games where there is enough capacity to fulfill the goodwill gesture.

If you're concerned about MLSE making more money, do what others say, print off the ticket and throw it out. They don't get to resell it, and they don't get concessions. Plus they'll think there is going to be more people at the game than will be there, have more staff there and you'll get probably get better service at the game to boot. If you want to make money off it, sell it. If you're an altruistic individual who derives pleasure from helping others, give it away. Or do nothing.

Globetrotter
09-02-2011, 02:50 PM
It's become pretty intense in this thread.

If you want to look at it from a legal perspective... stop linking one event to another; break it down.

Q. Did you pay for a ticket.
A. Yes a ticket was paid for.

Q. Was there a refund policy, and what is that policy?
A. Depends on the event, but often times the ticket is flat out cancelled, can be used on the replay date, or put towards a future event in X amount of time. Rarely do you find cash back refunds.

Q. Was the buyer aware of the distributors (MLSE) or organizations (Concacaf) refund policies, if such policies were in place?
A. ????

Q. How were things handled? Did they break (possible) policy?
A. A replay was scheduled, all previous tickets still valid. A second complimentary ticket was also distributed. This ticket was for a game on an exact date, not a voucher for any upcoming event (where quantity is available). The ticket was an added bonus.

spe18
09-02-2011, 03:11 PM
The replay notice and the free ticket are two very different items to be griping about but it seems to be all in one.

1. The rescheduling of the game - MLS, MLSE, The Suits - they had no say in when this would be replayed and had to go along with CONCACAF on this. The fact that it was at a time that is inconvenient for most people, is well, inconvenient. For most sporting/concert events that I've been to, if the event is reschedule you get your ticket to the rescheduled day - and that was fulfilled.

2. Now - the free game. MLSE understands that most people probably couldn't make it to the midweek game. If they acted like everyone portrays them to be, a soulless corporation, then they could have said, FU - you get nothing from us except the rescheduled game. Instead they put out a little goodwill (much like they did for the G20 game previously, which is somewhat of a precedent) and gave out free tickets to those who bought tickets to the dallas game.

Is it a game you already bought tickets for, yes, most likely. What other game would you have preferred they give you a ticket to? A regular season game? Is there enough single tix for the rest of the season to do so? You probably have tickets for that already. The next round in the CCL? I can't imagine the uproar here if that was the case - especially if they don't make it through. Instead it's one of the remaining home games where there is enough capacity to fulfill the goodwill gesture.

If you're concerned about MLSE making more money, do what others say, print off the ticket and throw it out. They don't get to resell it, and they don't get concessions. Plus they'll think there is going to be more people at the game than will be there, have more staff there and you'll get probably get better service at the game to boot. If you want to make money off it, sell it. If you're an altruistic individual who derives pleasure from helping others, give it away. Or do nothing.

Now, I'd hate to keep this conversation going, but just wanted to bring up 1 more baseball example. If you take a look at the link, you'll realize the Boston Red Sox have had 2 evening games postponed due to bad weather. So the result is the tickets from those 2 evening now have to be reused for games now played in the afternoon, a few months down the road. It specifically states there are no refunds or exchanges. Also no mention of everyone getting an additional ticket on top of what they've already purchased :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/rainout.jsp

rockxlee
09-02-2011, 03:13 PM
You guys do realize that if the field wasn't in such horrible condition the morning after the rained-out Vancouver match, they would have played it at 10am or 12 am the morning after?

How the Dallas replay was handled was standard protocol. You are supposed to play the match the morning after in the event of a cancellation if the field conditions are accommodating.

So please stop comparing the way the Vancouver replay was handled, that was an anomaly and most likely will never happen again.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I think one of the points that hasn't been brought up is the replay was for free for anyone who attended the ex the next morning which in my books says they owe a full refund.

nfitz
09-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I think one of the points that hasn't been brought up is the replay was for free for anyone who attended the ex the next morning which in my books says they owe a full refund.It was free for anyone who had a $16 ticket to the ex. For the Canada game last night, they were selling $25 for $9 if you had a ticket to the Ex.

So anyone who had a $15 ticket to the game should owe $1 ... :)

T-boy
09-03-2011, 01:42 PM
What we are talking about here is a "freebie" that is actually a disguise for clever marketing that will benefit ONLY the corporation. The "free" tickets are a ruse to cover the fact that MLSE will be making MORE money out of the Tauro game than they originally were going to.

It's like a "loss leader" (if you know your marketing strategies) - like MacDonalds $1 drinks. Now, how many people go into MacD's and ONLY get the drink?! The answer is not many - most people go into MacD's and get their drink, and then are enticed into getting a burger, wrap, or whatever else as they are hungry. The $1 drink, essentually, gets MacD's MORE money than they are losing from the drink.

MLSE are doing the same thing to us loyal fans here - they are giving us "free tickets" out of "the good will of their hearts" - but MLSE KNOW for sure that these free tickets will turn into revenue as our friends, that we give these freebies to, will go and buy drinks and food and t-shirts.

And its no wonder they are doing this for the Tauro game - the game that is probably the LEAST appealing game of the Concacaf series of games. MLSE now, in disguise of free tickets, are going to have a full stadium of hungry and thirsty people that are going to turn a game that was ORIGINALLY going to barely break even, to a VERY profitable game.

Any of you that have been deceived by this VERY clever marketing strategy are just blind the the fact that MLSE are going to handsomely benefit from this canceled Dallas game. Us fans, benefit ZERO from all this.

Thanks ML$E, so so much. This is SO generous of you! (rolleyes!).

rocker
09-03-2011, 02:46 PM
What we are talking about here is a "freebie" that is actually a disguise for clever marketing that will benefit ONLY the corporation. The "free" tickets are a ruse to cover the fact that MLSE will be making MORE money out of the Tauro game than they originally were going to.

It's like a "loss leader" (if you know your marketing strategies) - like MacDonalds $1 drinks. Now, how many people go into MacD's and ONLY get the drink?! The answer is not many - most people go into MacD's and get their drink, and then are enticed into getting a burger, wrap, or whatever else as they are hungry. The $1 drink, essentually, gets MacD's MORE money than they are losing from the drink.

MLSE are doing the same thing to us loyal fans here - they are giving us "free tickets" out of "the good will of their hearts" - but MLSE KNOW for sure that these free tickets will turn into revenue as our friends, that we give these freebies to, will go and buy drinks and food and t-shirts.

And its no wonder they are doing this for the Tauro game - the game that is probably the LEAST appealing game of the Concacaf series of games. MLSE now, in disguise of free tickets, are going to have a full stadium of hungry and thirsty people that are going to turn a game that was ORIGINALLY going to barely break even, to a VERY profitable game.

Any of you that have been deceived by this VERY clever marketing strategy are just blind the the fact that MLSE are going to handsomely benefit from this canceled Dallas game. Us fans, benefit ZERO from all this.

You know, if you want to make an argument, you should probably avoid calling your opponents blind.

I'd like to know, however, how you know this game was going to "break even" and how you now know, through this strategy, it will be a "VERY profitable game." Nobody knows how many tickets were actually sold for the Tauro game. And you certainly don't know what the cost is to stage such a game and what the profit would be in either scenario. Third, you don't know how many people will bother to even take the tickets before TFC removes them from account manager.

Actually, the plan to remove the tickets from people's ticket manager next week if not printed or emailed would seem to suggest TFC believes those seats actually are sell-able. Otherwise they wouldn't even bother taking them back. But if the seats are not sell-able, it would be in the best interests of fans to simply let TFC have them back -- then they can stick it to TFC.

mclaren
09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
You know, if you want to make an argument, you should probably avoid calling your opponents blind.

I'd like to know, however, how you know this game was going to "break even" and how you now know, through this strategy, it will be a "VERY profitable game." Nobody knows how many tickets were actually sold for the Tauro game. And you certainly don't know what the cost is to stage such a game and what the profit would be in either scenario. Third, you don't know how many people will bother to even take the tickets before TFC removes them from account manager.

Actually, the plan to remove the tickets from people's ticket manager next week if not printed or emailed would seem to suggest TFC believes those seats actually are sell-able. Otherwise they wouldn't even bother taking them back. But if the seats are not sell-able, it would be in the best interests of fans to simply let TFC have them back -- then they can stick it to TFC.

If they think these tickets are sell-able, they're more stupid than I thought.

pdogg
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
But if the seats are not sell-able, it would be in the best interests of fans to simply let TFC have them back -- then they can stick it to TFC.

The best way to "stick it" to TFC is to print off the tickets and not give it out to anyone. You accomplish three things:

1. You lower the attendance for the game
2. You force TFC to staff more people than needed (they will staff the stadium based on ticket sales - more tickets, more staff)
3. You don't allow anyone else to be exposed to TFC or MLSE, lowering potential future profits.

Or, you can give me tickets to the game. I promise to sit there and not cheer or buy concessions. I will only take up space and oxygen and am already exposed to the 'evil empire'. I think that's 4 wins versus 3, and clearly the proper choice :)

<end sarcasm>

T-boy
09-03-2011, 05:56 PM

I don't actually believe anybody is actually siding with MLSE on this! No wonder we (the fan) are constantly shafted if some of the fans keep forgiving MLSE for their horrible customer relations!

If MLSE wanted to be "just generous" they would offer us an open offer for the Tauro OR the Pumas game. The obvious reason why they have ONLY offered the Tauro game is due to the fact that this ONE game has sold less tickets (and therefore is less profitable) than the Pumas game.

If you want to keep backing MLSE up, they will continue to treat us like crap.

T-boy
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
P.S I will be VERY happy to print my ticket and leave the seat empty, therefore "sticking it" to MLSE while I personally can still attend and support THE PLAYERS, which are the only part of the club I care for.

pdogg
09-03-2011, 06:01 PM

At best, TFC will make up the concessions lost from the original Dallas game.

They had to fully staff and run the original Dallas game - the cost for an abandoned game should be somewhere around the same as a full game. Staff, security, vendors, lights, etc... The next day they had to again staff (though most likely a much smaller group, no lights?) and run another game.

I can't imagine that the number of people who take advantage of the free tickets will buy as much gear, concessions, etc to make up for all the overhead TFC has had to pay out because of the abandoned match and the replay.

pdogg
09-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't actually believe anybody is actually siding with MLSE on this! No wonder we (the fan) are constantly shafted if some of the fans keep forgiving MLSE for their horrible customer relations!

If MLSE wanted to be "just generous" they would offer us an open offer for the Tauro OR the Pumas game. The obvious reason why they have ONLY offered the Tauro game is due to the fact that this ONE game has sold less tickets (and therefore is less profitable) than the Pumas game.

If you want to keep backing MLSE up, they will continue to treat us like crap.

Seriously?!? All this vitriol, hatred and angst is because you weren't given an option between the two games? That's all it would have taken? Wouldn't those who bought tickets to the Dallas game most likely have bought tickets for all three (most, not all) and been equally pissed? I would think that trying to sell the third game would be more difficult given the fact that TFC may have already locked in a spot/been eliminated at that point.

And I'm not forgiving TFC, I'm taking an opposite viewpoint to yours. I'm not backing up MLSE, I'm looking (I believe) at this objectively and leaving the issues that I have with TFC and MLSE at the door.

pdogg
09-03-2011, 06:26 PM
T-boy, I have a feeling me and you could keep going back and forth on this and not gain any ground towards each other. If you would like to continue our debate, PM me, rather than us putting on a public show for everyone else :)

nfitz
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM
T-boy, I have a feeling me and you could keep going back and forth on this and not gain any ground towards each other. If you would like to continue our debate, PM me, rather than us putting on a public show for everyone elseAnd where then would we find any amusement ... I could look elsewhere, but I hear Statler and Warldof have retired.

T-boy
09-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm glad we are entertaining you guys on TFC's week off! haha!

Fort York Redcoat
09-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Wow. People love free stuff.

WestStandGeoff
09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
FWIW, I was just on the phone with my ticket rep, and there are a couple of options other than taking tickets for the Tauro match... I was initially calling to get my 'additional' seats moved next to my regular ones, as I know my neighbour didn't pick theirs up.

Anyway, options were:
1) Tickets to the Tauro match, which were already deposited to my account
2) Tickets to the Pumas match (which is what I opted for)
3) Tickets to the final home game of the season, but only singles available

So no problem switching games, and moving seats within the same price level. Still would have prefered a credit to my account, by can't complain about them giving me options of how I would like to be compensated.

Red CB Toronto
09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
FWIW, I was just on the phone with my ticket rep, and there are a couple of options other than taking tickets for the Tauro match... I was initially calling to get my 'additional' seats moved next to my regular ones, as I know my neighbour didn't pick theirs up.

Anyway, options were:

So no problem switching games, and moving seats within the same price level. Still would have prefered a credit to my account, by can't complain about them giving me options of how I would like to be compensated.

I wonder if these choices were only authorized if you actually called and asked questions, it was not mentioned anywhere in the original email that was sent out when the extra tickets were put into account manager.

T-boy
09-06-2011, 08:37 PM

Anyway, options were:

Agreed with the above poster. Have they actually advertised this anywhere? Shouldn't this have been the offer in the first place?!?!

Red CB Toronto
09-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I would like to thank everyone who was kind enough to pass on their extra tickets to the Tauro match for my "TFC Night Out", it was greatly appreciated. I am bring down a bunch of friends to BMO for the game to cheer on the Reds. Will be a great time for sure.

Klinsmann
09-07-2011, 11:39 AM
remember to print your free tickets before 5pm today or you lose them.

I already gave mine free ticket away, I'm looking for 1 more for another friend if someone can hook me up? Please don't let it go to waste.

thanks

ouderwien
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
AHHH! Forgot to print them and now the website is down?

nfitz
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm on website right now ... it's up.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-07-2011, 05:49 PM
After a heated debate with my account rep and threatening not to renew My buddy and I got a refund for our tickets. They know they are in the wrong on this topic. Just willing to make it difficult to hoard as much money as possible.

Klinsmann
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
^ Does the refund go back onto your credit card or do they give you a credit toward next yrs tickets?

TFC Cityboy
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Agreed with the above poster. Have they actually advertised this anywhere? Shouldn't this have been the offer in the first place?!?!

If MLSE were customer-focused instead of focused wholly on the bottom line, then "yes."Can't see this changing tho'. Too bad as the club seems to piss STHs off every year with the ultimate aim of turning BMO Field into a red version of Crew stadium.

ryan
09-08-2011, 07:55 AM
I just printed my tickets off now, so they are still available...

jaahuuu
09-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I talked to a rep yesterday and was able to switch 1 tauro ticket for 1 pumas ticket. I'm happy, so is the my friend who gets to go to 2 games for free.

MartinUtd
09-08-2011, 09:48 AM
After a heated debate with my account rep and threatening not to renew My buddy and I got a refund for our tickets. They know they are in the wrong on this topic. Just willing to make it difficult to hoard as much money as possible.

Seriously?

My rep was on vacation until two days ago and still hasn't replied to my angry email. I mean, I don't blame him but my mind is made up. 2012 will the the first year I am not a season ticket holder.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Seriously?

My rep was on vacation until two days ago and still hasn't replied to my angry email. I mean, I don't blame him but my mind is made up. 2012 will the the first year I am not a season ticket holder.

Yup I emailed and got no response as well. I'm way too familiar with my account rep not replying to email. Called and argued for a bit told me he'd get back to me. Never did. Called again and went at it again and I got a credit that will be applied on my visa. I get the feeling the deadline for the Tauro tickets was to quickly force everyone to agree on their no cost compensation plan for the postponed match. I'm glad I didnt take the bait as they will give you your money back they just want to keep as much of it as they can.

MartinUtd
09-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I already gave my ticket away after waiting a week. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be enjoyed. It's just the feeling of being screwed that bothers me.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
I already gave my ticket away after waiting a week. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be enjoyed. It's just the feeling of being screwed that bothers me.

I hear ya. I think its going to be interesting at renewal time. Half the Season ticket holders didnt bother purchasing the CCL tickets. Then they pull this bait and switch scam thinking loyal season ticket holders will go along with anything they come up with.

TorontoPat
09-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I just printed my tickets off now, so they are still available...
Got an email yesterday, shortly after 5, TFC was selling the remaining two games as a package and offering to make people on the red list, Gold listers if they bought a pack. They had supporters section tickets available.

TFC Cityboy
09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Got an email yesterday, shortly after 5, TFC was selling the remaining two games as a package and offering to make people on the red list, Gold listers if they bought a pack. They had supporters section tickets available.

Ah...yes the wonderful fictitious waiting list again...quarter of a million peeps innit? Pravda had nothing on MLSE.
Guarantee 80% plus of the names on there were from season 1 hoping to snag more STs at $200- I know that was me.
:)

TorontoPat
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Ah...yes the wonderful fictitious waiting list again...quarter of a million peeps innit? Pravda had nothing on MLSE.
Guarantee 80% plus of the names on there were from season 1 hoping to snag more STs at $200- I know that was me.
:)
I know,:) I've been splitting seasons (not in my name) and was on the red list since year 1. The beginning of this year I was finally given the opportunity to buy season tickets. Since I'm splitting with a family member I thought why change now and declined to buy my own. They still kept me on the list though.

rockxlee
09-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I responded to the email from ticket master a while bak and got no response. On the 8th I called ticketmaster and tried to find out what was wrong and they said that they received my email response, the only thing left is to determine how the tickets will be distributed.
But I am reading on these forums that ppl are able to already print their tickets out.
Have I been given the run-around?

A.J
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I responded to the email from ticket master a while bak and got no response. On the 8th I called ticketmaster and tried to find out what was wrong and they said that they received my email response, the only thing left is to determine how the tickets will be distributed.
But I am reading on these forums that ppl are able to already print their tickets out.
Have I been given the run-around?

I have the same problem as you. It's because we bought our tickets through ticketmaster and not our TFC account manager. Hopefully everything will be sorted out this week.

rockxlee
09-20-2011, 09:31 AM
I have the same problem as you. It's because we bought our tickets through ticketmaster and not our TFC account manager. Hopefully everything will be sorted out this week.

Tuesday and still no email. Anyone got an update on the situation with Ticketmaster?

A.J
09-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Tuesday and still no email. Anyone got an update on the situation with Ticketmaster?

I received my tickets in the mail yesterday. Email, that is

Ossington Mental Youth
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
i talked to MLSE and im going to pick mine up at gate 1