PDA

View Full Version : Amado Guevara CCL

Mexinese
08-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Here in Mexico watching on tv Motagua vs Morelia also happento be watching my ffavourite former TFC player Guevara and man hes playing amazing with that beautiful touch......remember him?! Man I ever miss him :(

Yohan
08-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Here in Mexico watching on tv Motagua vs Morelia also happento be watching my ffavourite former TFC player Guevara and man hes playing amazing with that beautiful touch......remember him?! Man I ever miss him :(
I don't. few games that I caught with Guevara playing, he's been terrible. too old in any case and happy at Motagua

Mexinese
08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't. few games that I caught with Guevara playing, he's been terrible. too old in any case and happy at Motagua

Back at his days at TFC, he was the only one who actually understood the way of play... he was so nice with the ball, but had no one around him with his style..JDG And Guevara would be sick

nascarguy
08-25-2011, 10:07 PM
yeah it would be great to get him back

s2cazz
08-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Back at his days at TFC, he was the only one who actually understood the way of play... he was so nice with the ball, but had no one around him with his style..JDG And Guevara would be sick

Guevara without JDG would be even better. I miss him.

Yohan
08-25-2011, 10:37 PM
ah. that's why he was so lazy and inconsistent at times

Juanito
08-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Guevara was great. Much better than some of the younger players we've brought in.

Oh well, he's gone. Not much we can do about that now.

lerxst
08-26-2011, 09:09 AM

I agree. I thought his ball control was exceptional not to mention his attitude. He really liked it here. I miss the guy too.

TorCanSoc
08-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Quality guy. Not sure how he got his "reputation". Come to think of it... it was basically at odds with Preki. Who, in my opinion, was the biggest prick of all time in terms of managers.

mdc 77
08-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Lazy? Not for TFC he wasn't. I'd argue Guevara has been the best player we have seen in our clubs short history. Also had a great attitude while here, and gave his all for the team. It was a Terrible decision to let him walk by a horrendous coach and management team.

Mexinese
08-26-2011, 10:59 AM
He loved the city, and absolutly loved the fans as well. Preki must have thought his time was done, in terms of playing his career. Though Preki was a Prick, he came in, screwed over the team, and left. THANKS! ;)

Blizzard
08-26-2011, 11:03 AM
He loved the city, and absolutly loved the fans as well. Preki must have thought his time was done, in terms of playing his career. Though Preki was a Prick, he came in, screwed over the team, and left. THANKS! ;)

Amado would never have played for Preki, not with their past. You'll remember that the announcement of Amado joining Motagua occurred even before the club had officially parted ways with him. As soon as Preki was hired, Amado had left us.

Mexinese
08-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Amado would never have played for Preki, not with their past. You'll remember that the announcement of Amado joining Motagua occurred even before the club had officially parted ways with him. As soon as Preki was hired, Amado had left us.

Yup its true, through their history at Chivas right? I guess Preki just didnt understand. Im sure whatever the reasons are, Amado's side made more sense, preki was messed. Oh well Hes back at home, playing as captain, and the people of Motogua love him, as well as the whole nation of Honduras.

Brooker
08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
he constantly took nights off and disappeared for long stretches. people used to biiiiiiiiitch about that.

don't get me wrong.... I'd love to have him back.

oxygenatedbrain
08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Jesus, people repeat the meme...I guess that what makes it a meme...if you go back and watch the matches (WHAT??????!) it'll be difficult to find those occasions when Guevara didn't track back, etc.

SmokedPanda
08-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Guevara scored 2 goals on the night of the Montreal Miracle, the 4th goal was a wicked free kick and the 6th goal was the sweet insurance goal...... he was clutch that night as Dero was

he's on my top 3 list of past and current TFC players

drexel10
08-26-2011, 03:20 PM
It is quite funny with all of the 100+ terrible players we have had here on TFC, people can complain about Amado. I'd take him Dero(play without the sideshow), and Barrett back right now.

Mexinese
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
It is quite funny with all of the 100+ terrible players we have had here on TFC, people can complain about Amado. I'd take him Dero(play without the sideshow), and Barrett back right now.

And look at it like this, ur right. I mean if we didnt have mental coaches, we could have had the MLS "AllStar" team.... Dero, Barrett, Guevara, JDG, Maicon, Frings, Platita, Dunavint, Wynne, frig, just tons, and tons, who didnt show their all potential or arent showing their all potential here in Toronto, later move to another team and become a league all-star. :facepalm:

Shakes McQueen
08-26-2011, 03:53 PM
And look at it like this, ur right. I mean if we didnt have mental coaches, we could have had the MLS "AllStar" team.... Dero, Barrett, Guevara, JDG, Maicon, Frings, Platita, Dunavint, Wynne, frig, just tons, and tons, who didnt show their all potential or arent showing their all potential here in Toronto, later move to another team and become a league all-star. :facepalm:

Since you're editing spelling errors:

Plata, Dunivant, "show their potential"

- Scott

nickio
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM

And this is why we should try letting a coach stay for more than a year.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
08-26-2011, 04:15 PM
There were definitely games in which Guevara seemed relatively less interested than others, but even in those half-assed games he played better than all but 1 or 2 of his teammates.

I think the thing that really burned some people about Guevara is that he looked even better when he was playing for his country than he did for TFC. Can't see how you can fault a guy for that, and I'm not sure if you could put that down to Guevara's effort or the quality/style of his teammates.

He's definitely missed, though. Oh jesus, how he is missed. Funny thing is, I really loved Dero but I don't miss him nearly as much as Guevara.

Mexinese
08-26-2011, 04:25 PM
There were definitely games in which Guevara seemed relatively less interested than others, but even in those half-assed games he played better than all but 1 or 2 of his teammates.

I think the thing that really burned some people about Guevara is that he looked even better when he was playing for his country than he did for TFC. Can't see how you can fault a guy for that, and I'm not sure if you could put that down to Guevara's effort or the quality/style of his teammates.

He's definitely missed, though. Oh jesus, how he is missed. Funny thing is, I really loved Dero but I don't miss him nearly as much as Guevara.

Yea true, about when he plays with his National team, though hes playing with a bunch of Hondurans who understand an attractive style of football, not a mixbag of players who have their own ways. And also ya Dero, suer I miss him, great to have him back but liek you, would be a huge honor to get back Amado,,,,,,,oh man do I miss him

Shakes McQueen
08-26-2011, 04:35 PM

I think Guevara would fit in nicely with this current roster, and this management.

- Scott

jazzy
08-26-2011, 04:45 PM
He was a shy man in person, who lived for soccer. He was the first player in our stadium to show me how to free kick,(always had a chance for goal) and how to control the ball in midfield. (Also the first player who knew how to draw fouls, lol). Considering he had no one around his equal or who understood him, I believe he was very brave and dedicated. Remember he had a child born here , I believe.

nimamalek
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM
in my top three favorite TFC players

Yohan
08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I think Guevara would fit in nicely with this current roster, and this management.

- Scott
yeah. if he was 3 years younger. He's 35.

his wife is smoking hot though!

drexel10
08-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Amado might be frustrating to some because he was one of two players we had that could take over a game and win it all by himself. So people expect that all the time, which unless you are Messi is impossible. He obviously had games where he didn't run as much, but shoot, what he had technically we have never had.

Mexinese
08-27-2011, 12:38 AM
He was a shy man in person, who lived for soccer. He was the first player in our stadium to show me how to free kick,(always had a chance for goal) and how to control the ball in midfield. (Also the first player who knew how to draw fouls, lol). Considering he had no one around his equal or who understood him, I believe he was very brave and dedicated. Remember he had a child born here , I believe.

You make a very good and strong point, and hey remember Pablo Vitti? He would have fit in very nicely as well ;) Note after leaving TFC, Vitti went on to be the League All-Star of the Peruvian league. Hu he seems liek someone else we might need right now.:rolleyes:

Mexinese
08-27-2011, 12:39 AM

You make a very good and strong point, and hey remember Pablo Vitti? He would have fit in very nicely as well ;) Note after leaving TFC, Vitti went on to be the League All-Star of the Peruvian league in their first division. Hu he seems liek someone else we might need right now.:o Despite all the bad mouthing on him on this message board, lets face it, hes another star that preki didnt understand come and now gone...:facepalm: