PDA

View Full Version : top 10 MLS announcers?

Yohan
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Most American commentators suck but Arlo White at #1 is right. That guy is good

http://www.mlssoccer.com/soccer-almanac/news/article/2011/08/22/soccer-almanac-top-10-local-announcers

maninb
08-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Do Darke & McMannaman do MLS games? they are GREAT announcers for ESPN when they do the EPL & CL

rocker
08-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Dellcamara is prob the best of the bunch. Twellman has started very well -- great insights. Dunseth is insightful too.
I don't like Arlo White. Normally I like the English accent but I find his harsh, and he just sounds like a guy with a massive ego.

Glenn Davis I don't like either. He's awful when he calls a game by himself. It's like he's trying to put drama into his voice.

Who's the guy whose goal call is "IT'S IN THE NET!!!! IT"s IN THE NET!!!" He's the worst!

The play-by-play guy for the New England local coverage is also really bad.

TFC1154ever
08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
All I gotta say is John Motson. He was a beauty.

Brooker
08-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Can't stand Arlo White.

flatpicker
08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
I really don't know who's who.
I do know that a lot of them are bad.
Occasionally I hear a good announcer in MLS, but I don't who that would be.
Some vid clips would be helpful.

TFC USA
08-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Arlo White is overrated.

He's the ultimate Sounders homer and comes across as douchy. You should hear him when there's a foul against Seattle. It's like the worst decisions in the world all go against them.

kodiakTFC
08-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Dellcamara is prob the best of the bunch. Twellman has started very well -- great insights. Dunseth is insightful too.
I don't like Arlo White. Normally I like the English accent but I find his harsh, and he just sounds like a guy with a massive ego.

Glenn Davis I don't like either. He's awful when he calls a game by himself. It's like he's trying to put drama into his voice.

Who's the guy whose goal call is "IT'S IN THE NET!!!! IT"s IN THE NET!!!" He's the worst!

The play-by-play guy for the New England local coverage is also really bad.

Him and the guy whose goal celebration is YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! need to be banned from TV.

Dkolish3
08-24-2011, 03:29 PM
We need Ray Hudson to call TFC's games

Gazza_55
08-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Arlo White #1

Callum Williams #2

John Strong #3

JP is terrible

[NBF]
08-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Whos the guy that does "Oh My Goal!"? I think if he's a espn or telemundo announcer he is pretty good. I dont know if he's an MLS announcer but he did the Copa CentroAmericana on TLN and he also does some Serie A games.

Detroit_TFC
08-29-2011, 08:42 AM
We can quibble over who is better than whom, but MLS commentary has improved over the last five years - we all can be thankful for that.

Having said that, there are some woeful local broadcasts still around. I get Direct Kick in US which shows the local broadcasts for the games that aren't broadcast nationally, and I know many people get Match Day Live which does the same thing. Some of these cats should find a new line of work. Colorado's broadcast is intolerable.

habstfc
08-29-2011, 08:54 AM
They do realize there are canadian teams don't they? luke wileman may not be the best but certainly in the top ten.

jloome
08-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I know Dunleavy's a jack-of-all-trades announcer, but he's done a really good job. He's actually watching what's going on and he calls out poor performance.

jloome
08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Arlo White is overrated.

He's the ultimate Sounders homer and comes across as douchy. You should hear him when there's a foul against Seattle. It's like the worst decisions in the world all go against them.

Gotta agree, he's bloody awful. Even though he does ESPN games, Glenn Davis is the same with Houston.

Heart of Stone
09-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Will Nigel ever call MLS games again or is he beholden to the CBC given its control of FIFA world cups for the foreseeable future?

james
09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
i dont know comentators names...so i couldnt tell you which ones i like and dont like. However most American announcers, MLS, MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA are horrible. To much facts that i really couldnt give a shit about, they just blabber on about facts rather then having a personality with humour and opinions.

Mexinese
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
How is it that Tayler Twellman is so high up? Hes only relativley new to this no?