PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather Tonight - Aug 24

Wagner
08-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey,
weather could be nuts tonight.
Dress accordingly.

Drive carefully all of you that are coming in for the game.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1044144--tornado-watch-issued-for-south-western-ontario?bn=1

Although we sing better in bad weather...:scarf:

mastermixer
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I predict zero rain during the game tonight. It will begin just after the game ends.

nfitz
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
I predict zero rain during the game tonight. It will begin just after the game ends.Seconded.

Might even not get to us at all ... the watch is for southwestern Ontario, not Toronto.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Seconded.

Might even not get to us at all ... the watch is for southwestern Ontario, not Toronto.

well the sun is blazzing in swo right now....could be the calm before the storm

eustacchio
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
A day without sunshine is like a TFC game without rain.

s2cazz
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Tornado warning here in Windsor. Thunderstorms and rain is supposed to hit us around 7-8pm so you may be alright for the game.

I predict Mastermixer is correct! :)

mastermixer
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Tornado warning here in Windsor. Thunderstorms and rain is supposed to hit us around 7-8pm so you may be alright for the game.

I predict Mastermixer is correct! :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ae5Ce6Q7yec/SwS8l-eBHnI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/pWnF7iD8A3k/s400/AlRoker_194x242.jpg

Alas my identity has been revealed!

Wagner
08-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Subject: [WXD] SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
Importance: High
WWCN11 CWTO 241934
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA
AT 3:34 PM EDT WEDNESDAY 24 AUGUST 2011.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO...
TORNADO WATCH FOR:
=NEW= CITY OF TORONTO
=NEW= SIMCOE - DELHI - NORFOLK
=NEW= DUNNVILLE - CALEDONIA - HALDIMAND
=NEW= OXFORD - BRANT
=NEW= NIAGARA
=NEW= CITY OF HAMILTON
=NEW= HALTON - PEEL
=NEW= YORK - DURHAM
=NEW= BELLEVILLE - QUINTE - NORTHUMBERLAND
=NEW= PETERBOROUGH - KAWARTHA LAKES
=NEW= BANCROFT - BON ECHO PARK
=NEW= RENFREW - PEMBROKE - BARRY'S BAY
WINDSOR - ESSEX - CHATHAM-KENT
SARNIA - LAMBTON
ELGIN
LONDON - MIDDLESEX
HURON - PERTH
WATERLOO - WELLINGTON
DUFFERIN - INNISFIL
GREY - BRUCE
BARRIE - ORILLIA - MIDLAND
PARRY SOUND - MUSKOKA
HALIBURTON
ALGONQUIN
BURK'S FALLS - BAYFIELD INLET.
AN LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER LAKE HURON
THEN TRACK RAPIDLY EASTWARD ACROSS SOUTHERN ONTARIO LATE THIS
AFTERNOON AND THIS EVENING. THE THREAT FOR STORMS WILL BEGIN
IN AREAS NEAR LAKE HURON BETWEEN 4:00 PM AND 5:00 PM THEN MOVE
EASTWARD TO REACH A LINE FROM EASTERN LAKE ERIE THROUGH THE
GOLDEN HORSESHOE TO THE UPPER OTTAWA VALLEY BY 8:00 PM.
SOME OF THESE STORMS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE SEVERE WITH
LARGE HAIL, DAMAGING WINDS, AND TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS.
THERE WILL ALSO BE THE POTENTIAL FOR ISOLATED TORNADOES.
THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE
THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING TORNADOES..MONITOR WEATHER
CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR UPDATED BULLETINS.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR:
BRUCE PENINSULA - SAUBLE BEACH - TOBERMORY.
MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS AND TAKE IMMEDIATE SAFETY
PRECAUTIONS IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
==DISCUSSION==
A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER MICHIGAN THIS
AFTERNOON THEN TRACK RAPIDLY EASTWARD INTO SOUTHERN ONTARIO.
THE THREAT FOR SEVERE WEATHER IS EXPECTED TO REACH AREAS NEAR LAKE
HURON NEAR MID AFTERNOON AND THE REMAINDER OF THE REGIONS IN THE LATE
AFTERNOON OR EARLY EVENING.
REFER TO YOUR LOCAL PUBLIC FORECAST FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
END/OSPC

s2cazz
08-24-2011, 02:43 PM
^^^ What I read (I trust Environment Canada more tho) was that t-storms were being developed over MI and OH and will be travelling NE.

I believe your post more than the Windsor star website.

IT'S STORMAGEDDON!!!!!

http://www.shopngvideos.com/webapp/wcs/stores/content/NationalGeographicVideo/images/136width/StormageddonNBOD.jpg

mastermixer
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Come on! Are you kidding me! Tornadoes?? Only on TFC game day :facepalm:

Wagner
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
RPB Ponchos!!!!
thanks CoachGT

nfitz
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Citizens of Toronto, we are being attacked by the godless... tornadoes!

Flint
08-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Shirts Off!!!

Globetrotter
08-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Those ponchos they sell at the stadium are apparently tornado proof. no excuses ladies.

Flipityflu
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
earthquakes, now tornado's. its the end of the world and the gods are angry my friends. sacrifice a chicken in the parking lot before the match and it should settle things down a bit.

rocktml
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Cant wait to see the stands for this one. 10,000 at best

james
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Cant wait to see the stands for this one. 10,000 at best

tickets were still over priced for casual fans...and probably only more hardcore fans know that this game actually means something...most casual fans probably dont understand the importance of champions league. Be full behind the net, rest of stands pretty empty.....TFc need to sort there pricing out for games like these...90% of fans are not going to pay over $40 for these types of games. Hell dont sell any tickets for champion Leagues over $25-$30 you could still make money off beer,food,merchandise if you get people to at least show up.

Furtado91
08-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Come on! Are you kidding me! Tornadoes?? Only on TFC game day :facepalm:

earthquakes, now tornado's. its the end of the world and the gods are angry my friends. sacrifice a chicken in the parking lot before the match and it should settle things down a bit.

These 2 comments just made me LOL so hard. talk about bad timing good luck out there boys.:scarf::flare:

Keyman
08-24-2011, 05:05 PM
I wonder what protocol is at BMO if a tornado were to threaten the region....where would they put us?

TFC Cityboy
08-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I guarantee there is no provision for that.

adamdz
08-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Shit I forgot there is a game tonight!

sigh, back in traffic i go.

Darlofletch
08-24-2011, 05:39 PM
tickets were still over priced for casual fans...and probably only more hardcore fans know that this game actually means something...most casual fans probably dont understand the importance of champions league. Be full behind the net, rest of stands pretty empty.....TFc need to sort there pricing out for games like these...90% of fans are not going to pay over $40 for these types of games. Hell dont sell any tickets for champion Leagues over $25-$30 you could still make money off beer,food,merchandise if you get people to at least show up.

I'm predicting the top of 224-226 will be quite full as well. that's where i plan to be. buy in 227, sit in 225, total spectating!

Joe Kool
08-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I think it is just TFC getting their weather machine ready in case we start losing. We had to use it against Vancouver already to get the game replayed. Better not start winning Dallas or we'll turn on the lightning. :)

Auzzy
08-24-2011, 06:21 PM
^ Yeah those special effects which made it look like the CN Tower was being hit by lightning during the Vancouver game, were pretty cool, weren't they? I heard that system was installed on the tower together with the LED lights a few years ago...

deltox
08-24-2011, 07:25 PM
^ yet a roof is too expensive :)

Carefree
08-24-2011, 09:31 PM

You were pretty much bang on here.

Pookie
08-24-2011, 09:55 PM
I wonder what protocol is at BMO if a tornado were to threaten the region....where would they put us?

Well, you are to seek shelter in interior spaces. Thankfully, the washrooms were designed to be more than ample to handle such a demand.

That and the well designed parking and coordinated flow of traffic before and after games make me thankful that our best engineers were consulted to build this palace.

andyc
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM

We found that out tonight! Evacuate the building immediately... You are on your own boys!

nfitz
08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
We found that out tonight! Evacuate the building immediately... You are on your own boys!They were telling people to head to the Food building. It was open just across from Gate 1. And they were even serving food ... well a few of them were.