PDA

View Full Version : GOL tv steps up for CBC's failure

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:03 PM
when done to Gol tv for picking up this wednesday game between TFC and the Caps...football on a proper football station....CBC's stupidity
remains high in Canadain sports broadcasting, bunch of f**king amatuers,
come on Reds win the game to set upa cracker against the Impact....

to the CBC......four word for you

f**k off and die!!:taz:

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
CBC = Canadian Broadcasting ie. non football specific
Gol TV = football specific

If the ratings aren't good cbc wont spend the money on it. Be happy with what you have with CBC'S coverage of TFC MLS matches. We could've been stuck with the likes of the Score...

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:08 PM
CBC = Canadian Broadcasting ie. non football specific
Gol TV = football specific

If the ratings aren't good cbc wont spend the money on it. Be happy with what you have with CBC'S coverage of TFC MLS matches. We could've been stuck with the likes of the Score...

Lets hope Gol tv can move in and take CBCs spot , and the scores spot
the would be terrific.

Hooligan69
07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Shame I don't have that channel so name game for me. :(

Jarrek
07-07-2008, 09:14 PM

It's $2.50/month on Rogers.

Pretty cheap.

Jeff s
07-07-2008, 09:16 PM

And its reasons like this why I find mighty_torontofc comment dumb.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:17 PM
they have the concacaf and south american wcq....it's worth the extra on the tv bill.

Flipityflu
07-07-2008, 09:18 PM
jesus. cbc puts on all these home games with good commentary, as well as streaming them, and storing them online, and you bitch them out. consdidering the ratings, we are dead lucky for that.

you are seriously off your fucking rocker

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:21 PM
And its reasons like this why I find mighty_torontofc comment dumb.

you work for the cbc or something....? they are a shite network and can't wait to see how they butcher yet again another olympic games...the feds should stop spending money on this woirthless broadcasting fiasco

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
So instead of having the games on a free national public broadcaster...we'd rather have them on a specialty channel hardly anyone has?

Good idea.

I am sure the NHL is ecstatic they are on the Versus network in the states. It's all part of the business plan...

Flipityflu
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
1. what does the Olympics have to do with TFC?
2. CBC doesn't have the Olympics
3. I don't have to work for somebody to defend a good product
4. ?????
5. fail

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:26 PM
So instead of having the games on a free national public broadcaster...we'd rather have them on a specialty channel hardly anyone has?

Good idea.

I am sure the NHL is ecstatic they are on the Versus network in the states. It's all part of the business plan...

it's not Hard to pick up the channel is it...just order it. the NHL is a
dying league in the states, maybe canadians can get control of it and put teams in markets that actually care for Hockey,:topic:

Cambridge_Red
07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
We should have a (bitch/nobody cares) forum for stuff like this. ;)

LucaGol
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
CBC is a publicly funded broadcast company....not private.

Ergo, this thread makes no sense. They don't put shows on TV that get ratings, or because they are popular, or appeal to the masses...they're supposed to be putting programs on television that are for the betterment of society as a whole. That's what publicly run stations are supposed to do.

You should be thankful we have the CBC. What would you prefer?...monopolistic organizations such as CTV globe media that show poker 24/7?

CBC is not an all-day soccer station in a so-so soccer country?....What do you not get about that?...Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, be thankful for the games that you can watch on national television.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
1. what does the Olympics have to do with TFC?
2. CBC doesn't have the Olympics
3. I don't have to work for somebody to defend a good product
4. ?????
5. fail

CBC lost the Olympics.............:party:
CBC good product? do you ever wtach tv south of the border or europe/UK cbc can't compete with them, if they didn't have NHIC they
would really suck.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
CBC is a publicly funded broadcast company....not private.

Ergo, this thread makes no sense. They don't put shows on TV that get ratings, or because they are popular, or appeal to the masses...they're supposed to be putting programs on television that are for the betterment of society as a whole. That's what publicly run stations are supposed to do.

You should be thankful we have the CBC. What would you prefer?...monopolistic organizations such as CTV globe media that show poker 24/7?

CBC is not an all-day soccer station in a so-so soccer country?....What do you not get about that?...Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, be thankful for the games that you can watch on national television.

no but they put shows on like this hour has 22 minutes with is pathetic,
or the rick mercer report...talk about shite tc these shows are crap just like all other cbc programs, thank god for CNN where we can still get a good news report!!

LucaGol
07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
CBC good product? do you ever wtach tv south of the border or europe/UK cbc can't compete with them, if they didn't have NHIC they
would really suck.

You just seriously lost all credibility (not that you really had any by starting this thread in the manner in which you did) by promoting television in the US.

LucaGol
07-07-2008, 09:33 PM
or the rick mercer report...talk about shite tc these shows are crap just like all other cbc programs, thank god for CNN where we can still get a good news report!!

It's called Canadian content.

We live in Canada...we are supposed to be promoting our own. :canada:

Hooligan69
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM

Pretty cheap.

Too bad my yearly cable bill isn't cheap.

Flipityflu
07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
LOL

ok, now you really have me laughing. you just compared this hour has 22 minutes and rick mercer to CNN.

seriously, are you on Acid?

greatwhitenorf
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Mighty toronto fc: So, are you looking forward to starting high school this fall?

Your parents got you into any summer camps? Get your bike fixed?

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
You just seriously lost all credibility (not that you really had any by starting this thread in the manner in which you did) by promoting television in the US.

i bet more canadians watch tv shows from south of the border then canadians ones? canadian tv has always has been and always will be4th class television, behind,nbc,abc,cbs, fox....cbc is minor leagues.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
LOL

ok, now you really have me laughing. you just compared this hour has 22 minutes and rick mercer to CNN.

seriously, are you on Acid?

re read i did not say that, i sadi cbc produces shite like those two programs, and they one sided news program does not compare to the
best news going CNN>

Flipityflu
07-07-2008, 09:38 PM
well, i think i'm going to leave this thread now before i chew my own foot off in fustration/hysterics

jloome
07-07-2008, 09:47 PM
would really suck.

Dude, you have no fucking clue.

First of all, of the CBC's billion-dollar budget, about $215 million goes towards paying for their entire television network; meanwhile, private broadcasters in Canada were given massive economic concessions in the form of simultaneous substitution of their ads on american networks being broadcast into Canada, totalling well over $350 million a year.

So, in essence, the Canadian government funds private TV more significantly than public. Yet despite this, we get a broad variety o n CBC of everything from public interest (Canadian Antiques Roadshow, Fifth Estate etc), to sport (HNIC and the only broadcaster bothering to do soccer properly), to local news and even a couple of hit sit-coms in Little Mosque and Sophie (not that I'm a sitcom fan, but there ya go).

Meanwhile, US broadcasters have an audience 10 TIMES that of Canada, and therefore a much larger advertising base, which allows them to spend that same multiplier on their shows; one episode of CSI costs the same to shoot as an ENTIRE SEASON of many Canadian-produced shows. THey can make the money up by reselling it to 10X the number of markets, as well.

The CBC has many problems. But how they spend money these days isn't one of them; they're actually ranked last among all public broadcasters in developed nations for funding (okay, it might not be dead last, but 23rd is pretty damn bad). And before anyone brings up the falsehood that they should be "publicly supported" like PBS, consider that PBS also gets 10 times the funding hte CBC does via the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, an arm's length NGO funded by the US government.

In fact, despite the massive amount of misinformation about the CBC conveyed to the public --and particularly goofs like MIGHTY _TORONTOFC-- by right-wing politicians who play to their base by slaggign anything public, the reality is that we're damn lucky to have them; if the Canadian government knew what it was doing, it would respect the public's need to be well-informed, literate and interested in the society around them, and fund them properly, as the BBC does under its new massive mandate in Britain.

Incidentally, there have been at least five major studies by relatively independent think tanks in the last decade that back pretty much all of this up. I'd refer to the Public Policy Forum's "Whither the CBC?" as a good read if you're interested.

Pachuco
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM

Right cause Goal TV programming is so great. I get to watch the same south america game 22 times in one week and guess what? it's three weeks old. Oh, and I pay $2 bucks for the channel. Oh, and guess what? it's the FIRST LIVE GAME they are broadcasting this year. So let's do that, let's trade Goal TV for CBC so that we can watch 1 game all season. Do you even realize what you are saying?

And don't let me start with the fact they don't have an HD channell and their video and audio feeds are equal to what I get on JumpTV.

Hooligan69
07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
dying league in the states, maybe canadians can get control of it and put teams in markets that actually care for Hockey,:topic:

That won't be happening anytime soon, especially with the NHL headquarters located in the USA. It's basically an American league now and any expansion into Canada could be years away, if at all.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah...its not hard to do...and yet people haven't done it.

So the best way to bring exposure to TFC is to put them on a channel that a fraction of Canadian television viewers actually have?

Good idea!

You yourself admit the NHL is a dying league...and their punishment is being on a channel barely anyone has. How can the same marketing actions be good for a growing league by putting them on the same type of channel? It just doesn't make sense.

ag futbol
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
how many more threads do we need about this shit?

You don't like the CBC, we get it. Now quit posting about it every ten seconds. Dito for the guy who has it out for the score. Say your piece and shutup, we know what you think already.

Quit ramming it down our throats ever other day with a new thread.

Pachuco
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
how many more threads do we need about this shit?

You don't like the CBC, we get it. Now quit posting about it every ten seconds. Dito for the guy who has it out for the score. Say your piece and shutup, we know what you think already.

Quit ramming down our throats ever other day with a new thread.

It's the same good ol Mighty :)

Jeff s
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM

Good idea.

Exactly

Mighty doesn't seem to know how to use common sense sadly. Now he's trying to hard to backup his dumb comment.

Roogsy
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
It's the same good ol Mighty :)

No Pachuco...that was Sidney.

Hooligan69
07-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Will the Vancouver-Toronto game be available via online stream?

bimmer
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
As John Molinaro explained in a different thread, CBC did not originally purchase the rights to the Toronto @ Vancouver, so it's not as if they have the rights and are refusing to broadcast the match because they don't want a ratings hit. They simply did not have the rights to the game.

Pachuco
07-07-2008, 10:25 PM
No Pachuco...that was Sidney.

was referring to this comment from him :)

the would be terrific.

He's on a mission tonight!! CBC, The Score, Lombardo (Check the Lombardo thread). I feel a Mo thread coming in really soon, well, when Huckerby signs with SJ anyways.

RealG-TFC
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
CNN besides that Anderson guy is a joke. CNN headline news is even worse. CBC is the best. The only thing I've noticed better about CNN than CBC is that when they have a story live, like a plane crash or something, CNN has clearer image. That's it.

BBC sucks too btw. For me it's impossible to watch it. It's just too boring.

ag futbol
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
was referring to this comment from him :)

I feel a Mo thread coming in really soon, well, when Huckerby signs with SJ anyways.
I think you're mistaking him for Bbobbybhoy.

Mighty would throw himself in front of a truck for Mo Johnston (or TFC) he's just slightly crazy, is all.

TFC07
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
CNN besides that Anderson guy is a joke. CNN headline news is even worse. CBC is the best. The only thing I've noticed better about CNN than CBC is that when they have a story live, like a plane crash or something, CNN has clearer image. That's it.

BBC sucks too btw. For me it's impossible to watch it. It's just too boring.

British television programs in general are boring. CNN and other American news channels don't even report the news with all the facts....and to them, it is all about ratings and being left-wing or right-wing for them.

Anyway, CBC and other Canadian news channels actually report both sides of the story.

Hooligan69
07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I watch CBC Newsworld a fair amount for news reports and documentaries.

profit89
07-08-2008, 05:46 AM
the would be terrific.

No way.. GolTV's coverage is utter crap. CBC 's coverage is way better.

Batman
07-08-2008, 06:34 AM
I think CBC does a great job on the games they have. Much better than Sportsnet and let's not even mention the Score.

Sure Goltv carries a lot of soccer. That's their only product. The fact that they've now carried a total of 1 TFC game doesn't make them good however. It's a pretty weak channel.

I appreciate what CBC is doing and has done to promote TFC.

So all in all, I find this thread way over the top and the initial post completely out of line.

James Oliphant
07-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Don't you love when people who clearly don't know a goddamn thing start threads they think make them look like geniuses?

It just tickles me.

olegunnar
07-08-2008, 06:47 AM
all you need to know about the original poster.....red carded at BS

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/member.php?u=94050

zeelaw
07-08-2008, 06:56 AM

Pretty cheap.

it isnt even worth that

CanuckPete
07-08-2008, 07:02 AM
jesus. cbc puts on all these home games with good commentary, as well as streaming them, and storing them online, and you bitch them out. consdidering the ratings, we are dead lucky for that.

YES. Thank you.

Fort York Redcoat
07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
What do I need Gol for? Or cable for that matter. I've got Shoeless...

Wait. Shoeless will have it, right?:)

Canadian Blue
07-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Can you really blame CBC for not airing a game in a 2nd rate makeshift tournament with two mediocre teams that have limited fan support outside of there respective area? In all honesty I bet most people in Toronto and Vanocuver don't care about this game along with 99.9% of the rest of the country.

GuelphStorm2007
07-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Does any body know what CBCs ratings numbers are for the TFC games they are broadcasting this year. As for all the CBC bashing. Cmon guys would you rather watch CNN or Fox and there narrow one way opinion. I do not care what people say if there is a major story happening The CBC and the BBC will always cover it with both sides of the story. the way it should be.

johnmolinaro
07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Will the Vancouver-Toronto game be available via online stream?
yes, CBCSports.ca will stream the game live.

John Molinaro

djking2
07-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Xcellent thanks

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 08:52 AM
no but they put shows on like this hour has 22 minutes or the rick mercer report...thank god for CNN where we can still get a good news report!!

dude.

those are called 'comedy'. It's designed as social satire, much like The Daily Report with John Stewart. I'll agree that some parts of 22 minutes are terrible (Gavin Crawford? wtf?) but it's EXACTLY what public broadcasting should be doing.

Azerban
07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
re read i did not say that, i sadi cbc produces shite like those two programs, and they one sided news program does not compare to the
best news going CNN>

ah yes..

http://www.unpronounceable.com/images/misc/cnn_shuttle.jpg

Azerban
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Anyways, the last CC game in Vancouver drew 4,412 people, so maybe CBC was right in assuming people didn't want to see it?

mlsintoronto
07-08-2008, 09:41 AM
FYI the rights to the games are with CBC - and they licenced it to Gol in order to get it on the air live. For you. Its not CBC's failure...it's their success.

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 09:43 AM
^ you're just too diplomatic. Can't you see that we'd be better off with Fox News?

Don Julio
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Agreed, and they gave me the "pleasure" of watching the July 1st match again last night on Gol TV. I appreciate the fact that I can see the game at all when I was worried I wouldn't be able to. But then again, I have GolTV so maybe that's the difference.

I'm not sure how anybody can complain about the quality of a TFC broadcast on GolTV since I don't think they've shown any..

Hooligan69
07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
yes, CBCSports.ca will stream the game live.

John Molinaro

Thank you for the info. Appreciated.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-08-2008, 10:19 AM

First of all, of the CBC's billion-dollar budget, about $215 million goes towards paying for their entire television network; meanwhile, private broadcasters in Canada were given massive economic concessions in the form of simultaneous substitution of their ads on american networks being broadcast into Canada, totalling well over $350 million a year.

So, in essence, the Canadian government funds private TV more significantly than public. Yet despite this, we get a broad variety o n CBC of everything from public interest (Canadian Antiques Roadshow, Fifth Estate etc), to sport (HNIC and the only broadcaster bothering to do soccer properly), to local news and even a couple of hit sit-coms in Little Mosque and Sophie (not that I'm a sitcom fan, but there ya go).

Meanwhile, US broadcasters have an audience 10 TIMES that of Canada, and therefore a much larger advertising base, which allows them to spend that same multiplier on their shows; one episode of CSI costs the same to shoot as an ENTIRE SEASON of many Canadian-produced shows. THey can make the money up by reselling it to 10X the number of markets, as well.

The CBC has many problems. But how they spend money these days isn't one of them; they're actually ranked last among all public broadcasters in developed nations for funding (okay, it might not be dead last, but 23rd is pretty damn bad). And before anyone brings up the falsehood that they should be "publicly supported" like PBS, consider that PBS also gets 10 times the funding hte CBC does via the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, an arm's length NGO funded by the US government.

In fact, despite the massive amount of misinformation about the CBC conveyed to the public --and particularly goofs like MIGHTY _TORONTOFC-- by right-wing politicians who play to their base by slaggign anything public, the reality is that we're damn lucky to have them; if the Canadian government knew what it was doing, it would respect the public's need to be well-informed, literate and interested in the society around them, and fund them properly, as the BBC does under its new massive mandate in Britain.

Incidentally, there have been at least five major studies by relatively independent think tanks in the last decade that back pretty much all of this up. I'd refer to the Public Policy Forum's "Whither the CBC?" as a good read if you're interested.

your the GOOF mate, that Billion dollar budget cbc is from joe taxpayer,
and they should be producing shows that are at least watchable, and other then TFC games they have none.....the feds should cut cbc operating capital down to 1 million a year nothing more.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
FYI the rights to the games are with CBC - and they licenced it to Gol in order to get it on the air live. For you. Its not CBC's failure...it's their success.
fox sports world canada usually had a game of the week on prior to TFC coming round and Now CBC rights holder won't let them showw the games....cbc fails again!!

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
your the GOOF mate, that Billion dollar budget cbc is from joe taxpayer,
and they should be producing shows that are at least watchable, and other then TFC games they have none.....

okay.... from someone who works in Television, I'll give a brief list of show on the CBC I consider 'watchable'.
(not just watchable but enjoyable and well produced)

the National
The Hour with George Strombo
The Fifth Estate
The passionate eye
The Border
jPod (which I freakin' love!!)
Just For Laughs

and..... THE NATURE OF THINGS

if you don't think that show is 'watchable', then you should really get some help.

Flipityflu
07-08-2008, 10:43 AM
wow, just wow

are your parents brother and sister?

you really don't get it do you. if it wasn't for cbc, most of these games wouldn't be on tv, wouldn't be streamed with quality, and wouldn't be stored. how hard is that for you to understand? maybe you would like to go back to the dark ages of network television when you would be lucky to see as many games as we get to watch in any sport. luckily, the rest of us who aren't inbred have figured this out and are quite grateful.

OneLoveOneEric
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm no fan of the CBC, but GolTV is horrific. Ray Hudson makes me wish I didn't have ears.

tfc_4_ever
07-08-2008, 10:45 AM

Me too:(

MFBODD
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Fuck TVO as well while we're at it. French teaching Parlez-Moi hobo bitches!

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 11:56 AM
oh man.... this thing's too funny.

in fact.... I'm inspired to make a new thread (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=78661)

Gobi
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM

First of all...

...if you're interested.

Thank fuck we have intelligent people here to explain this to the uninformed.

Thank-you jloome, great post!

Oldtimer
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
CBC has excellent TFC coverage. Good analysis, good features, good commentating on the matches (the occasional Nigel player-name slip-up excepted). I love the articles by John Molinaro and Nigel Reid on their website.

Talking about the BBC as well, BBC has good documentaries. Their footie coverage is good, excepting that the EPL matches are being covered by Sky (at huge subscription fees). I love the World Football podcast, TFC is mentioned briefly twice in the July 5th North and Latin American phone-in (Danny Dichio in the 24th minute of the podcast, yet!).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/wf/

Hooligan69
07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I watch BBC World News every once in a while. I even saw a report on there once where they took viewers on a tour of sorts through Anfield. It doesn't get any better than that.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm no fan of the CBC, but GolTV is horrific. Ray Hudson makes me wish I didn't have ears.

Get outta town!
Ray Hudson is hilarious, its everyone else thats terrible, HA!
Im serious btw, i do think Ray Hudson is hilarious/good.

I think they will have canadian announcers anyways.

Flipityflu
07-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Thank fuck we have intelligent people here to explain this to the uninformed.

Thank-you jloome, great post!

sadly, the uninformed like to stay that way.

ilikemusic
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Dude, you have no fucking clue.....

....Incidentally, there have been at least five major studies by relatively independent think tanks in the last decade that back pretty much all of this up. I'd refer to the Public Policy Forum's "Whither the CBC?" as a good read if you're interested.

There was never any chance in hell that he was going to be able to understand that. Mighty_Toronto is not operating with a full deck. This has been obvious for awhile now.

johnmolinaro
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
fox sports world canada usually had a game of the week on prior to TFC coming round and Now CBC rights holder won't let them showw the games....cbc fails again!!

sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. can you clarify?

Parkdale
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
^ don't even bother trying to get logic out of this argument.

Red CB Toronto
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I am just happy to know that this game is on TV.

Blizzard
07-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Mighty toronto fc: So, are you looking forward to starting high school this fall?

Your parents got you into any summer camps? Get your bike fixed?

Junior High more like!

Rudi
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
all you need to know about the original poster.....red carded at BS

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/member.php?u=94050
Banned at U-Sector. Twice.

Enjoy, boys ;)

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-08-2008, 10:05 PM

they tape delay some...check this october whn hockey is on thats bullshit right there.streaming who cares for that shit. the rating are poor because of the CBC and their inept practices like having Brenda Irving starting the program off, shes one to make one toss his dinner.

Nazzer
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Everyone is aware that CBC is streaming the game live on cbc.ca/sports right? But CBC is shit for not cancelling the shows they had planned when they got short notice of the Canadian Championship. Oi.

Pachuco
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
they tape delay some...check this october whn hockey is on thats bullshit right there.streaming who cares for that shit. the rating are poor because of the CBC and their inept practices like having Brenda Irving starting the program off, shes one to make one toss his dinner.

So what is your argument as to why Goal TV is so much better? they've showed one single TFC game THIS YEAR. Really interested in seeing an answer but I know you'll just ignore the question.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
So what is your argument as to why Goal TV is so much better? they've showed one single TFC game THIS YEAR. Really interested in seeing an answer but I know you'll just ignore the question.

Because CBC is hogging the rights.they won't let FSWC show non TFC games anymore selfish bastards....for the good of soccer in this country i wish the CBC would piss off and walk away..scumbags that they are.

Roogsy
07-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Seriously Mighty...just shut up for once. It's like you get a thrill out of taking the irrational side of an argument. CBC has been good for TFC...almost everyone sees that. Criticizing them for not making TFC the only thing in the world is simply stupid.

Seriously dude. I told you in another thread that when nobody agrees with you then you have to look at how rational your argument is. Well...when nobody agrees with you on not just one topic but on almost everything you state...well...either you really are a troll or you need some serious help dude.

Either way...cut it out or get out.

zeelaw
07-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Because CBC is hogging the rights.they won't let FSWC show non TFC games anymore selfish bastards....for the good of soccer in this country i wish the CBC would piss off and walk away..scumbags that they are.

r you the only one arguing this?

Blizzard
07-09-2008, 09:18 AM

Do you know this for a fact or are you making an assumption?

Yes, for the good of soccer in Canada, let's make sure that TFC gets as little coverage as possible!

Pachuco
07-09-2008, 09:31 AM

John, any chance you could comment on this? First I ever hear of it.

johnmolinaro
07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
John, any chance you could comment on this? First I ever hear of it.

I have no idea what this person is talking about.

Bluenose13
07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
He's just a troll that has no clue & has been banned from the site.

CretanBull
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM

None of us do! Hahaha!

yellowfellow
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I was working in Seattle last year and I was VERY happy that I caught a few games on CBC. Yes, Seattle gets CBC from Vancouver!!

James Oliphant
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Now that unpleasantness is behind us...who wants ice cream?

http://66.116.183.25/images/truck.jpg

Oh yeah...I just made this a GREAT thread.

Hooligan69
07-09-2008, 12:55 PM
I should visit the English Pub down the road to see if they have GolTV so I can watch the game. It's within walking distance of home and I've never been there. WTF? :lol:

O.T. 66
07-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Seriously Mighty...just shut up for once. It's like you get a thrill out of taking the irrational side of an argument. CBC has been good for TFC...almost everyone sees that. Criticizing them for not making TFC the only thing in the world is simply stupid.

Seriously dude. I told you in another thread that when nobody agrees with you then you have to look at how rational your argument is. Well...when nobody agrees with you on not just one topic but on almost everything you state...well...either you really are a troll or you need some serious help dude.

Either way...cut it out or get out.

well said

Parkdale
07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
okay.... this thread has played itself out.

over and done.