PDA

View Full Version : Defective Jersey

razor787
08-22-2011, 02:50 AM
I was at the game against RSL, and picked up a jersey after the game. I put it on a couple days after and noticed that the MLS logo badge was put on upside down. Was this a big problem this year, or did I just get a random crappy jersey.

I took the tags off of it before i noticed it was messed up. Any idea if they would take it back?

Carts
08-22-2011, 08:39 AM
I was at the game against RSL, and picked up a jersey after the game. I put it on a couple days after and noticed that the MLS logo badge was put on upside down. Was this a big problem this year, or did I just get a random crappy jersey.

I took the tags off of it before i noticed it was messed up. Any idea if they would take it back?

I would go to Real Sports at the ACC, explain the situation, and my guess if they'll just fix it for you...

I'm guessing they'd have to send it out - but its an easy fix...

You're not looking for anything free, they'll be able to see its an authentic jersey etc - so I doubt they'll think you're trying to scam them and help you out...

London
08-22-2011, 08:54 AM
you are only the second person i have ever heard of this.

i have a season 1 jersey with no sponsor and the mls logo is upside down.

i thought about returning it but kept it more for the novelty value.

a good conversation starter whan people notice it.

Red Rat
08-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I say keep it the way it is

bertal
08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
I say keep it the way it is

I would as well. but if you are up to it; try to get it exchanged.

Brooker
08-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah I've seen a couple people on the Go Train over the years with this problem.

eustacchio
08-22-2011, 10:14 AM
I keep reading this thread title as 'detective jersey' and then I thought it was the TFC crest that was upside down.

I'm going to have another coffee.

I say keep it too.

Shakes McQueen
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
I'd keep it for the novelty factor, but I'm sure if you bought it at BMO, Real Sports will probably fix it for you, or maybe even replace it.

- Scott

adamdz
08-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Like Jersey, like team.

flatpicker
08-22-2011, 11:03 AM
I also recommend keeping it.
It's kind of amusing actually.

And who knows,
Like a defective hockey card, that jersey could end up being worth hundreds of dollars!
:D

eustacchio
08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
^ well then I'm going to restitch mine on upside-down too.

Pookie
08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I was at the game against RSL, and picked up a jersey after the game. I put it on a couple days after and noticed that the MLS logo badge was put on upside down.

When you bend your head down to look at writing on your clothes, everything appear upside down.

Just sayin' ;)

John Stamos
08-22-2011, 06:27 PM
The heat press at Real Sports Apparel is a good suggestion. However, from what I know, they usually only do hockey and basketball pressings there. For the soccer jerseys I know they've sent themto the Adidas warehouse or have them pressed at BMO Field.

But obviously the badge is of different material than the lettering and numbers, so it may very well work. It'll take them less than two minutes.

razor787
08-22-2011, 08:11 PM
When you bend your head down to look at writing on your clothes, everything appear upside down.

Just sayin' ;)

You couldn't have pointed this out in a pm could you? ;)

After thinking about it a bit, I guess it is a pretty cool thing to have. There are thousands of good ones, but there are only a handful of f-ed up shirts.

KezmanCCCC
08-23-2011, 06:31 PM
You couldn't have pointed this out in a pm could you? ;)

After thinking about it a bit, I guess it is a pretty cool thing to have. There are thousands of good ones, but there are only a handful of f-ed up shirts.

yea thats sick.... i would keep the upside down one... not to many people have thoughs....

Furtado91
08-23-2011, 06:43 PM
quick question. how much are the jerseys at the game with a name on the back?

Kooper
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
you are only the second person i have ever heard of this.

i have a season 1 jersey with no sponsor and the mls logo is upside down.

i thought about returning it but kept it more for the novelty value.

a good conversation starter whan people notice it.

My daughter and I have matching knock off Manchester United jerseys with the Premier League Champions badge from 2009-10. Too bad Chelsea won that year. I love knock offs.

Pookie
08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Anyone have a pink "DeGzuman" from his first game with the team?

TFCtoMUFC
08-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone have a pink "DeGzuman" from his first game with the team?

LOL it was DeGuzmna wasn't it?

Phil
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Last year they had quite a few jerseys with the Canadian Flag upside down.

I bought one at the game, they wouldn't exchange it at Adidas but they did excahnge it at the pitch.

Just tell them the story, have your reciept and it should be no problem if you want it fixed.