PDA

View Full Version : CCL: POST MATCH Toronto 2 - Refs 1

__wowza
08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
so we won..

http://i.imm.io/8cTm.jpeg

call me a pessimist but i cant find many good things in that victory. we played like shit, they had a lot more chances than we did, our second goal was soft, the ref was shit and plata forgot how to pass.

PopePouri
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
3 points!!:flare::flare::flare:

Mr. Bigby
08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
After that display of refereeing, I'm ready to support the U.S. embargo of Cuba!!!

TFC USA
08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
So we can win on the road in CONCACAF CL yet we're winless in the MLS.

billyfly
08-18-2011, 09:05 PM
It's 3 PTS.

kaos197O
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm happier than that considering we took 3 points.

Awful ref, awful performance and awful game to watch but a much needed 3 points.

I feel stressed out after watching that.....like I need meds stressed....WOW

Tim
plata forgot how to do a lot of things. His second touches all night were awful. Second half he had no vision for passing. Not his best performance.

Referee was disgusting. Embarrassing display of officiating and the play acting in the last 15-20 minutes by Tauro was a joke. However, I'm shocked they didn't do it more in the early stages of the game.

Shakes McQueen
All I will say is that we got three points, and Tauro's penalty call was a legit penalty.

Other than that, let us never speak of this game again. TFC didn't play well, but then again, I don't know how you could play properly when you're essentially petrified of being whistled down every time you challenge for a ball, or touch someone.

The referee was the worst bullshit I've seen since the Gold Cup game from last year. Tauro should be fucking ashamed of themselves too.

I'm tired of games against Central American teams always devolving into whistle-happy flop-fests.

- Scott

LesH
08-18-2011, 09:06 PM
1. TFC got the win.
2. TFC played a fucking disgraceful game, I have no words to describe it how bad of a performance it was.

3. Nothing else is to comment. Just forget this bloody game ASAP.

KRO
If I was religious I would say that God is with us on this Voyageurs Cup / CCL quest. But I'm not so maybe it's magic.

AL-MO
3 points!!:flare::flare::flare:

It's 3 PTS.

The only thing that matters~!

PopePouri
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Top of the group!:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Heart of Stone
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Last year we drew 0 - 0 with Cruz Azul in Mexico...

rocker
08-18-2011, 09:08 PM
We played badly, but under the circumstances, I can't be unhappy with 3 points.

The ref was absolutely the worst ref I have ever seen in my life. He makes MLS refs look good. Yes, I know people will say TFC should play in a way to overcome that, but how do you play your game when any contact at all is called against you?????

Thankfully we got outta there with the three points. I'm worried about goal diff tho -- Dallas and Pumas will kill these guys by more goals -- unless they get these shitty Cuban refs.

What we need to do now is totally fucking destroy these Tauro diving cunts at BMO Field. Just destroy them.

Plata was shitty tonight, I guess I jinxed him when I said how great he was in another thread. He just couldn't beat that one defender... and couldn't see his open teammates -- near the end he had Johnson open on the right and shot instead. Maybe they should have moved him to the other side to try his luck against that defender.

Redcoe15
08-18-2011, 09:09 PM
That ref made a huge difference in that game. His bloody incompetence had TFC on their heels through most of the game. How many of those 30 fouls were legit?

Heart of Stone
08-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Undefeated in 6 straight games... TFC on the march!!!

19Barrett19
08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
That was the most pathetic referee in history of football what a dick.

Fouls: 30-11 for Toronto

I hope we stick it to the Panamanians back at BMO Field
3 Pts is 3 pts but we where almost screwed again.
We can hope for Dallas or Pumas to get red cared in Panama and draw over there.

See you on Wednesday Dallas! :scarf:

PopePouri
That ref made a huge difference in that game. His bloody incompetence had TFC on their heels through most of the game. How many of those 30 fouls were legit?

Only the penalty.

TorontoGooner
Tfc Allez!!

Tim
What we need to do now is totally fucking destroy these Tauro diving cunts at BMO Field. Just destroy them..

absolutely right. we need to pile it on @ BMO in a few weeks

Tim
08-18-2011, 09:11 PM
undefeated in 6 games (4 wins, 2 ties)... that feels really nice to say!

08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Remember this??

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?id=2319

Shakes McQueen
I know people will say TFC should play in a way to overcome that, but how do you play your game when any content at all is called against you?????

Any touching of Tauro players became grounds for a whistle, no matter how incidental or small. You could see our players were actively avoiding challenging for the ball in the second half, and were looking around expecting a whistle all the time.

This official should be tarred and feathered, then chained to a post in downtown Toronto for an hour so we can all throw rotten vegetables at him.

- Scott

nickio
TFC undefeated in 6. So if we win this, when do we play Barcelona?? :)

I wish this were hockey and Stinson and Harden would pound the crap out of every clown on the field. I miss hockey for this SOOO MUCH!

08-18-2011, 09:13 PM
TFC 2 games in Panama = 49 fouls (official stats had today at 31-15). 8 yellows. 2 reds. 1 PK against (deserved) and whatever happened to de Klerk

Redcoe15
08-18-2011, 09:13 PM
That was the most pathetic referee in history of football what a dick.

Fouls: 30-11 for Toronto

I hope we stick it to the Panamanians back at BMO Field
3 Pts is 3 pts but we where almost screwed again.
We can hope for Dallas or Pumas to get red cared in Panama and draw over there.

See you on Wednesday Dallas! :scarf:
One can only hope!

19Barrett19
08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
absolutely right. we need to pile it on @ BMO in a few weeks

I say bring a big ass banner or flag the says "Diving is only for the pool"
BRAVO, BRAVO!

Broadview
08-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Feel like I slept with a fat girl but none of my friends will ever find out. Still a win.

nickio
08-18-2011, 09:16 PM
No wonder they had 12 fans in the stands. 8 of whom were lost and couldn't find the swimming pool, but then they realised they came to the right place.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2011, 09:16 PM
CONCACAF should be embarassed to call what happened tonight part of their "League of Champions"

- Scott

TOBOR !
08-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I only managed to see the last 35 minutes of this plus injury. I couldn't believe we were up 2-0 the way we were playing. It was as if we were playing short (I'm looking at you, Joao).

That said, we walked into their park, dropped a stinker, and got out with three points - referee included.

I'll take it.

TorontoGooner
Remember this??

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?id=2319

This is the funniest shit I have ever seen. Good on TFC for putting this together

Shakes McQueen
I've never been so angry after a game we actually won. Fuck.

- Scott

Redcoe15
Feel like I slept with a fat girl but none of my friends will ever find out. Still a win.

:smilielol5:

I think we all needed that laugh.

rocker
But Dallas and Pumas should be forced to have these refs in Panama when they go down there.

nickio
Is there anything we as fans can do to right this horrible nightmare we saw tonight?

Juanito
08-18-2011, 09:19 PM
THREE FUCKING POINTS! Oh happy days ...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OMB8rP93L.jpg

king dave
^^Yeah.
Make
me a
fucking
ref!
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6062/6058032478_166185e8f6_b.jpg
KD.

Juanito

- Scott

:drinking: Have drink buddy, we got three points.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
KD, if my choice is you or the ref tonight, I'll take you 100 times out of 100.

- Scott

Redcoe15
08-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Is there anything we as fans can do to right this horrible nightmare we saw tonight?

^^Yeah.
Make
me a
fucking
ref!
KD.

'Nuff said! :D

ACSertL
08-18-2011, 09:22 PM

- Scott

I'm in this boat. It got so frustrating that I nearly turned the match off.

Juanito

YuSXihJM6jY

LesH

Just write 10,000 protest letters to CONCACAF, make them drown in protest letters.

CONCACAF is the shame of FIFA, the joker of it's member organisations.

rocker
08-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I think I'm going to go to bed and just forget this game. You can't analyze it. No sense analyzing the players or the team itself or anything. It reflects nothing, proves nothing. You can't take anything from it except three points.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
:drinking: Have drink buddy, we got three points.

I know, but just... god damn man. What happened tonight was just a disgrace to the sport I love, and I'm tired of it happening every time we play Central American teams.

I've been conditioned to accept a certain amount of flopping and embellishing in soccer, but tonight was a fucking circus.

- Scott

Redcoe15
08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Just write 10,000 protest letters to CONCACAF, make them drown in protest letters.

Lord knows they're not going to actually do anything constructive!

Dkolish3
Three points....

Shameful game by Defense
Shameful game by Referee
Shameful Selfish game by Plata

It seems that De Klerk has been ejected more times than all of TFC has.

Toronto FC must perform better, they forgot that they are the better team and they lost their composure and didn't regain it the entire game.

Next up Chicago

A Victory without danger is a triumph without glory.
Pierre Corneille (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/pierrecorn378892.html)

Chevy
TFC 2 games in Panama = 49 fouls (official stats had today at 31-15). 8 yellows. 2 reds. 1 PK against (deserved) and whatever happened to de Klerk

Likely this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/2178685071_0bab674a2d_o.jpg

swan
08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
All I will say is that we got three points, and Tauro's penalty call was a legit penalty.

Other than that, let us never speak of this game again. TFC didn't play well, but then again, I don't know how you could play properly when you're essentially petrified of being whistled down every time you challenge for a ball, or touch someone.

The referee was the worst bullshit I've seen since the Gold Cup game from last year. Tauro should be fucking ashamed of themselves too.

I'm tired of games against Central American teams always devolving into whistle-happy flop-fests.

- Scott

they didn't play well but this must have had a lot to do with it

Shakes McQueen
Three points....

Shameful game by Defense
Shameful game by Referee
Shameful Selfish game by Plata

It seems that De Klerk has been ejected more times than all of TFC has.

Toronto FC must perform better, they forgot that they are the better team and they lost their composure and didn't regain it the entire game.

Next up Chicago

A Victory without danger is a triumph without glory.
Pierre Corneille (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/pierrecorn378892.html)

How can you have composure when you're afraid to make contact with the opposing team? Our guys clearly looked worried every time they had to challenge for the ball.

- Scott

In a tiebreaker, they count goal diff in games played between the TIED teams, then road goals in games played between tied teams. These goals tonight only help/hurt us if everything else is identical. Cause we're not gonna end up tied with Tauro for 2nd.

3 points is huge!

Chevy
08-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I know, but just... god damn man. What happened tonight was just a disgrace to the sport I love, and I'm tired of it happening every time we play Central American teams.

I've been conditioned to accept a certain amount of flopping and embellishing in soccer, but tonight was a fucking circus.

- Scott

Rules of thumb when playing in Central America:

-Arrive
-Win
-Leave
-Forget

DaBandit

- Scott

Ya that was a penalty, even though it appeared the de Guzman got a touch on the ball.

Clearly a horrible officiated game, even the linesman was in on it for flagging Johnson offside on what would have made it 3-0..

For all the flack de Guzman takes I thought he had a strong game.

As an aside Dallas may have gotten a big win in Mexico this week but they still have to deal with the crap in panama, never a given.

Tim

- Scott

I think I'm going to go to bed and just forget this game. You can't analyze it. No sense analyzing the players or the team itself or anything. It reflects nothing, proves nothing. You can't take anything from it except three points.

I'm beyond angry. I think some of it is utter amazement at the whole game. I don't think I could sleep if I drank myself stupid at this moment

Juanito
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM

- Scott

Maybe it's because I only saw the last ten minutes of this match ....

BUT the fact that they tried to cheat their way to victory and the referee helping them ... sure it was ugly .... but it makes it a little sweeter.

Normally we lose or draw these matches and we're here complaining at the refs. FOR ONCE, we found a way to win. Let's be happy about that!

Juanito
Rules of thumb when playing in Central America:

-Arrive
-Win
-Leave
-Forget

Couldn't have set it better meself!

PopePouri

The game is fucking anomaly. Maybe the defense played like shit, who knows because every time they challenged, they got whistled. That's not fucking normal. Plus the pitch was shit. It was coming apart as they were looking at it.

king dave
I think as TFC continues the 'journey' of international football?
We/supporters will see many things that wil be ugly and new/old.
I thought tonight as I always do, when the officiating becomes suspect.
Just get the fucking ball and keep it , move it and put it in the fucking net!
KD.

Yohan
08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
As an aside Dallas may have gotten a big win in Mexico this week but they still have to deal with the crap in panama, never a given.
yeah. even Pumas might have issues with the circus in Panama. and as bad as Tauro was sportsmanship wise, they did create their share of legit chances

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Maybe it's because I only saw the last ten minutes of this match ....

BUT the fact that they tried to cheat their way to victory and the referee helping them ... sure it was ugly .... but it makes it a little sweeter.

Normally we lose or draw these matches and we're here complaining at the refs. FOR ONCE, we found a way to win. Let's be happy about that!

Damn you and your sunny demeanour, Juan! :D

- Scott

Juanito
08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Damn you and your sunny demeanour, Juan! :D

- Scott

:hump: I love you too Shakes! :hump:

rkZ2_nKo7II

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM

- Scott

I second this post!!!

Canary10
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
The Canadian Soccer Associatrion supported the status quo with Concacaf when England was trying to expose the rampant corruption and vote buying of FIFA. We could have given the US federation more support in actually doing something about Jack Warner and Concacaf but didn't. My point: if you want to do something about this lobby the CSA to take a stand when it has the chance.

Thomas
08-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Officiating was a farce, but we were victoruous and got the 3 points. This is what really matters.

Shakes McQueen
08-18-2011, 09:36 PM
:hump: I love you too Shakes! :hump:

rkZ2_nKo7II

LOL

- Scott

king dave
08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Good legwork kiddo.
Fuck Panama up the canal!
KD.

rocker
08-18-2011, 09:38 PM
In a tiebreaker, they count goal diff in games played between the TIED teams, then road goals in games played between tied teams. These goals tonight only help/hurt us if everything else is identical. Cause we're not gonna end up tied with Tauro for 2nd.

3 points is huge!

is that true!??! phew! so I don't have to worry about Dallas or Pumas beating Tauro 4-1 or 6-0 or something (beyond them getting wins, which sucks).

Redcoe15
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
After that game, I need a stiff drink or two. But after coming back from Chatham and partaking in the city's best burgers and fries - Simon's Prime Burgers, just like Burger Preist and Five Guys - I feel too bloated and need to wait a couple of hours before I can get numb enough to forget tonight's game. Catch ya later. :drinking:

123 elite
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Officiating was a farce, but we were victoruous and got the 3 points. This is what really matters.

It actually isn't what matters. What matters is the integrity of the game. Without that its nothing. Tonight was a farce. To celebrate it is to condone it.

TFCWEST
08-18-2011, 09:43 PM
boycott. Or at least don't take this without a protest. I honestly can't blame Toronto for not wanting to exert themselves after the half. The other team could do as they wished and not be punished. TFC needs to stand up for their players safety and also for the clubs reputation. This peculiarity of playing in such a country where travelling to and fro takes a beating on the mental and physical condition of the players. Imagine the leafs, raptors, or blue jays travelling to a politically unstable, potentially unsafe (not necessarily panama) environment. Focus on what the toronto mass what to see - mls league games.

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 09:43 PM
I think as TFC continues the 'journey' of international football?
We/supporters will see many things that wil be ugly and new/old.
I thought tonight as I always do, when the officiating becomes suspect.
Just get the fucking ball and keep it , move it and put it in the fucking net!
KD.

Ya your right we did an awful job of keeping the ball. We can't foul them if we actually keep the ball.. But then again it is central America, I'm sure the ref would come up with something, like 3 seconds in the key or traveling.. :)

king dave
08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
After that game, I need a stiff drink or two. But after coming back from Chatham and partaking in the city's best burgers and fries - Simon's Prime Burgers, just like Burger Preist and Five Guys - I feel too bloated and need to wait a couple of hours before I can get numb enough to forget tonight's game. Catch ya later. :drinking:
Cheers.
KD

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 09:45 PM
The Canadian Soccer Associatrion supported the status quo with Concacaf when England was trying to expose the rampant corruption and vote buying of FIFA. We could have given the US federation more support in actually doing something about Jack Warner and Concacaf but didn't. My point: if you want to do something about this lobby the CSA to take a stand when it has the chance.

Great points.. We need to take care of our own house first..

JamboAl
08-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Canada has had to deal with this crap for as long as I can remember. I just hope if/when we play Panama down there, we get an American referee.

As for TFC, 3 pts is all that matters. The video for this game should be burned and none of us should ever speak of this match again!

king dave
08-18-2011, 09:47 PM
KD

19Barrett19
08-18-2011, 09:50 PM
actually when we had the ball the ref along with the lines man made phantom calls to get the ball back too Tauro fuckin ridiculous reffing Cuban ref he a communist asshole who does not know fair and what fair should be. Fuck you ref and fuck you panama we will kick your ass at BMO really hard and like KING DAVE said FUCK YOU IN YOUR CANAL biotch

backbeat
08-18-2011, 09:51 PM

- Scott

actually i think this is the 2nd worst...

Mourinho's eye gouging and off-field antics are the worst examples of the beautiful game we love....he is single-handedly destroying the sport - ok maybe not single handedly but him and that cuban ref are....

but.......

3 points !!!!! :scarf:

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Btw, may I also add that i thought plata was horrible tonight.. His selfishness reminded me of Santos.. He needs a game or two on the bench..

Anyways as pissed as I am about the officiating, I'm really glad we got the 3 pts. At least we have a couple more weeks of meaningful games..

king dave
08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Canada has had to deal with this crap for as long as I can remember. I just hope if/when we play Panama down there, we get an American referee.

As for TFC, 3 pts is all that matters. The video for this game should be burned and none of us should ever speak of this match again!
Hey. I was thinking the same thing too.
Why is it when NA teams play down south that the refs are always CentAm or vicinity and when the NA teams play in the US/Canada?
The refs are Mexican.
Can't remember the last CONCACAF game in months where the ref was from NA?
KD.

Yohan
08-18-2011, 09:54 PM
at least the lads got a result playing against divers from Panama, the ref and the humidity. the fact that we got a result in this conditions... well, it's something

Thomas
08-18-2011, 09:55 PM
It actually isn't what matters. What matters is the integrity of the game. Without that its nothing. Tonight was a farce. To celebrate it is to condone it.
I beg to differ 123. Integrity? This is our reality of playing in another world. I don't like it either, but this is what we have to deal with. The victory does matter to me, and I'll take it.

king dave
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
^^^Ooopsy. I just figured it out.
All the good North American refs are in the MLS:D.
Sorry. My bad.
KD.

habstfc
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll cut tfc some slack in their performance, with refereeing like that it's tough to get things going when you're whistled every 5 seconds for phantom fouls. I thought tfc played okay up until the de guzman goal when the referee decided he better help the home side out. This is the only sport in the world where you have obvious biases by referees. Other sports have it to a point, (boxing) but not as bad as soccer. I was so furious I was laughing, I couldn't believe my eyes.

JamboAl
08-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Why is it when NA teams play down south that the refs are always CentAm or vicinity and when the NA teams play in the US/Canada?
The refs are Mexican.
KD.

There are US or Canadian refs that do Central American and Caribbean matches. Maybe CONCACAF think that Canadian refs will favour the US and vice versa (or at least appreciate the play). Frankly, I'm sick and tired of a ref that only does amateur matches at home and then is called to do Champions League work. This Cuban was so over his head, it was sickening.

Yohan
08-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Can you get bingo? (stolen from BigSoccer)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6703/cclbingo.jpg

I lol'd

king dave
08-18-2011, 10:00 PM
GNight fucks.
3 points HEY HEY HEY.
cue the video for Firestarter by Prodigy please?
KD.

rocker
08-18-2011, 10:00 PM
BTW, in the first round of play, all the MLS teams won their games.

backbeat
08-18-2011, 10:01 PM
The refs are Mexican.
KD.

i am pretty sure we had US refs at the Real Esteli game at BMO....

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 10:01 PM
yeah. even Pumas might have issues with the circus in Panama. and as bad as Tauro was sportsmanship wise, they did create their share of legit chances

yes they did and thank god they had a bunch of Chad barretts up front.. :D

Yohan
08-18-2011, 10:02 PM
i am pretty sure we had US refs at the Real Esteli game at BMO....
IIRC it was Salazar. and he's no Collina, but he's way better than central american refs

king dave
08-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Okay.
Could someone please post the Firestarter vid for me.
I am going to bed soon and it helps me sleep.
Thanks.
KD.

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 10:04 PM
BTW, in the first round of play, all the MLS teams won their games.

Which is a 1st, correct?

habstfc
08-18-2011, 10:06 PM
FYI chicago and D.C. tied 1-1 tonight. Chicago has set the record for the most ties in a season. 15

rocker
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Which is a 1st, correct?

yes, I just took a quick look at Wikipedia and this is the first time, in the fourth season of this format of tourney) that all the MLS teams have won their opening games.

David_Oliveira
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I am happy we got the three points against all that adversity but man the lack of effort and the quality of passes was just not good enough. I really hope this was a one off thing. I understand that the refs were pure horseshit but fuck sakes. If we play like that the rest of the way, man oh man it will be scary

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Another oddity tonight was when Danny K got hurt and wanted to walk off the field and the ref made him go off on the stretcher. Anyone see this before?

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
yes, I just took a quick look at Wikipedia and this is the first time, in the fourth season of this format of tourney) that all the MLS teams have won their opening games.

Well, good for the mls.. Maybe it can finally get a little respect. Even though I'm not really happy about Dallas winning, that really hurts our chances of advancing.

Empirical
08-18-2011, 10:16 PM
KD.

I can: Today's game. Indeed every CONCACAF game in history. Since it is a championship for North American teams only and features only North American refs.

Here is a map of the continents: http://www.mapsofworld.com/images/world-continents-map.gif
:picard:

SirBobSaget
08-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Hahaha if anyone was hoping on catching the game at 11 on Sportsnet1....it is again DELAYED for a useless baseball game.

ArmenJBX
08-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Hahaha if anyone was hoping on catching the game at 11 on Sportsnet1....it is again DELAYED for a useless baseball game.

Slightly irrelevant, but it must be asked!
Mr. Saget, why do you play the voice for Older Ted Mosby in "How I Met Your Mother" when the actor for Ted is already old enough not to go through puberty again?

habstfc
08-18-2011, 10:22 PM

I'm glad I have setanta.

TorCanSoc
08-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Another oddity tonight was when Danny K got hurt and wanted to walk off the field and the ref made him go off on the stretcher. Anyone see this before?

Its actually a FIFA rule. If you're down on the pitch, you must take the stretcher. Was instigated in 98' or 94', used a lot back then... it was the norm to see it. Not so much now, its a stupid rule.

It addresses time-wasting, but I'm not sure how... it only encourages it. Last five minutes of a game, should have a stop and start clock, as well as time added on.

I watched the Colorado and Metapan game, that ref was worse. He called a foul in the box, an obvious penalty, gave it.... then time seem to elapse with an injured guy... takes back the penalty, and gives the call the other way. I've never seen anything like it.

jloome
08-18-2011, 10:27 PM
I've watched football for a long time and that wasn't incompetent. That was as corrupt as it comes. Time to stop hiring refs who can only travel on floating pieces of tin. Too easily bought.

If that happens again, DE Klerk may do a Carver and fuck off back to Europe, and I wouldn't blame him.

nascarguy
Okay.
Could someone please post the Firestarter vid for me.
I am going to bed soon and it helps me sleep.
Thanks.
KD.
old man go to bed before I come and drink all your beer and eat your food ...lol:drinking::drinking:

ManUtd4ever
As mentioned, it was one of those nights when you just have to be grateful for the 3 points amidst such horrific circumstances. I'll gladly take the victory, all things considered.

backbeat
08-18-2011, 10:29 PM
You sure about that Sparky? Last time I checked Panama was not part of North America, but yet somehow competes in the CONCAF C.L.

That map you posted there.... use it some time.

panama is in N.A.

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm glad I have setanta.

Its actually a FIFA rule. If you're down on the pitch, you must take the stretcher. Was instigated in 98' or 94', used a lot back then... it was the norm to see it. Not so much now, its a stupid rule.

It addresses time-wasting, but I'm not sure how... it only encourages it. Last five minutes of a game, should have a stop and start clock, as well as time added on.

I watched the Colorado and Metapan game, that ref was worse. He called a foul in the box, an obvious penalty, gave it.... then time seem to elapse with an injured guy... takes back the penalty, and gives the call the other way. I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks, guess I forgot cuz I haven't seen that in a while. Or maybe I was already so disgusted by that point and so confused with the officiating, that it just seemed really odd.

Time wasting is really one of my pet peeves, I like that stop and start clock idea..

jloome
08-18-2011, 10:37 PM
panama is in N.A.

Christ, not this argument again.....

Panama is divided by the Panama Canal, which splits north america and south america. So Geographically it's in both. Technically it's conisdered to be in Central America, which is geopolitically considered part of North America.

king dave
08-18-2011, 10:38 PM
old man go to bed before I come and drink all your beer and eat your food ...lol:drinking::drinking:
Best advice you ever gave me Kev.
Thanks douche.
KD.

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I've watched football for a long time and that wasn't incompetent. That was as corrupt as it comes. Time to stop hiring refs who can only travel on floating pieces of tin. Too easily bought.

If that happens again, DE Klerk may do a Carver and fuck off back to Europe, and I wouldn't blame him.

You have to wonder if tfc is also playing the corruption game in this years CL. First we had the real estelli keeper give a ball right to Johnson for a goal, and tonight, what was their goalie doing on De Guzmans goal?? Things that make you go hmmm...:)

Borga
08-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Had a spirited argument with my brother in law post-game... He felt the reffing was balanced, and the fouls were lopsided because TFC played sloppy and that gave the ref opportunities to call fouls on them. I think he is on crack.

On another note, the CONCACAF page is showing the fouls as 23-15. Interestingly, about an hour ago it said 22-10. http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1182276

kodiakTFC
08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Fouls in CCL so far.

Game 1: Toronto 7 - 2 Opp
Game 2: Toronto 23 - 9 Opp
Game 3: Toronto 23 - 15 Opp
Total: Toronto 53 - 26 Opp

TFCRegina
08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
I can: Today's game. Indeed every CONCACAF game in history. Since it is a championship for North American teams only and features only North American refs.

Here is a map of the continents: http://www.mapsofworld.com/images/world-continents-map.gif

Bang up job.

Now take a look at the CONCACAF Regional Zones and their names.

Guajiro
08-18-2011, 10:45 PM

Well, the Cubans I've met call us in Canada "los norteamericanos" - so, despite what an Atlas may tell you, Cubans don't consider themselves North Americans.

deltox
08-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football - CONCACAF

i would say that Panama is considered Central American.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Next up////DALLAS AUG 24th.........one word...HUGE!!!!!

Heathen
08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
This game was

vs

:facepalm:

Like some conspiracy theorist wet dream we should track down every second of tape of this game, every match report and DESTROY IT ALL!!!!!!!

Game? what game, I was mowing the lawn from 8:00pm until 10 :D

Carts
08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Fouls in CCL so far.

Game 1: Toronto 7 - 2 Opp
Game 2: Toronto 23 - 9 Opp
Game 3: Toronto 23 - 15 Opp
Total: Toronto 53 - 26 Opp

WE'RE GOONS...!!!

Seriously though, what a joke of officiating tonight...

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Had a spirited argument with my brother in law post-game... He felt the reffing was balanced, and the fouls were lopsided because TFC played sloppy and that gave the ref opportunities to call fouls on them. I think he is on crack.

On another note, the CONCACAF page is showing the fouls as 23-15. Interestingly, about an hour ago it said 22-10. http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1182276

Ya there is no way it was 23-15. I have the game on pvr still and if it wasn't such a horrible game to watch I would re-watch it and count the fouls.. Once was more than enough.. Lol

Detroit_TFC
08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
They sucked, we sucked too but not as much. So the right team won, that's success in CONCACAFiasco.

jabbronies
08-18-2011, 11:09 PM
What was the disallowed goal called for?

__wowza
08-18-2011, 11:11 PM
a nudge on the keeper i believe.
meanwhile, kocic gets plowed down, and a free kick isnt given.

DaBandit
08-18-2011, 11:14 PM
What was the disallowed goal called for?

If your referring to the tfc goal, Dobson and Forrest said it was offside. Coming from them take it for what it worth.. Lol

DichioTFC
08-18-2011, 11:19 PM
TFC won on the road, in a country they've never won in before. We beat the 12 man Panama team (ref included). We're undefeated in 6. Next we're playing a listless Chicago Fire team.

So we didn't play well and we spent the last 2/3 of the match on the defensive, who cares? Three points are all that matters. I'd take a hard-earned win over a classy loss any day.

T.O TILL I DIE
08-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Does anyone no how many fouls tfc had???

jloome
08-18-2011, 11:26 PM

It was 31-15, I believe, although 9 of Tauros' fouls were called in the last five minutes of the game, along with their yellow.

Azerban
08-18-2011, 11:29 PM
If I was religious I would say that God is with us on this Voyageurs Cup / CCL quest. But I'm not so maybe it's magic.

same thing

shwade
08-18-2011, 11:36 PM
omg threead title was what was in my head.
i would pay good money to have this ref tortured.

GuelphStorm2007
08-19-2011, 12:21 AM
We won Ugly that is the Major problem with C.O.N.C.A.C.A.F the most corrupt soccer confederation in F.I.F.A. the officiating is horrible TFc played bad because they were afraid to get carded clearly the ref was against us. But hell a win is a win, And now we can concentrate on our home fixtures now that we finally got that first three points. That was n ot a offside on that goal that Johnson scored that was called back.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Does someone else want to shoot plata in the face!?!?! Like oohh my god i hope this media attention didn;t get to the kids head. Because there were about like 4 chances where he could have left an other player one on one but decided to go solo instead. I wanted to punch the TV out. :picard: Like honestly specially in such a crucial time where the reff was totally bought out and we needed an insurance goal. the A hole hoggs it. I bet if TFC had one more sub left he wouldn;t have finished the game. If i was the coach i would give that little SOB an earful...:facepalm:
Anyway hope the dude doesn;t think he;s the next messi because of a few good performances...

ua-kozak_TFC
08-19-2011, 12:34 AM
If your referring to the tfc goal, Dobson and Forrest said it was offside. Coming from them take it for what it worth.. Lol
Are id$@ts... honestly in order for soccer to evolve into what it is in europe and latin america the media has to evolve too. Most of these guys are without a backbone (totally biased usually too much for TFC [specially the british dude who sometimes appears on TFC TV and other channels]) and just totally SUCK at broadcasting. The only reason they are there is because of connections...

bgnewf
08-19-2011, 01:03 AM
TFC 2 - CONCACAF 1

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/08/tfc-2-concacaf-1/

In this post game video blog I take a look back at Toronto FC's victory Wednesday evening in Panama that saw the Reds get the precious three points in spite of the brutal CONCACAF officiating. I also speak about Andy Iro, Danny Koevermans and of course the critical absence of Torsten Frings. And I try and describe the epic fail that was CONCACAF official Marco Brea and I take a brief look ahead at the trip to Chicago and next week's Champions League tilt at home versus FC Dallas.

I also ask how is it that the average soccer fan in Central America can actually enjoy as entertainment the style of footy on offer down there that is made up of almost nothing else other than gamesmanship, unsporting behavior and a lack of respect to their opponents.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2011, 02:09 AM

Neither would I. I could just imagine De Klerk and Winter sweating on the sidelines of that shitty pitch in that 90% empty stadium, watching that corrupt-ass officiating, wondering what the hell they were doing there.

I would say TFC should be demanding an investigation into it, but we all know CONCACAF won't do shit.

Three points is great, as is being undefeated now in six - good building blocks. But man, it's hard to feel very good about what happened tonight.

I can't even critique TFC's performance, because it must be nigh impossible to establish any sort of coherent game plan going forward, when you're getting called for phantom fouls that often.

Like I said earlier - I just wanted to jump through my TV and strangle the referee. It was disgusting, and despicable, and gives the sport a bad name. And that's not even to mention the pathetic flopping.

- Scott

Strans
08-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Despicable display of officiating, and disgusting game of football.

I'm concerned about 2 things as far as the officiating goes.
1. Bias. I don't give two shits if you're the worst ref in the world, but suck EQUALLY. It turns the game into a farce. Even though TFC won I feel cheated.

2. Player safety. Tauro was at times playing a dirty game and because the referee turned the other cheek it was allowed to continue. For example, in the first half a Tauro player (excuse me for not remembering his name) essentially launched himself at Marosevic and sent him down to the pitch in a heap. The ball was nowhere near them, and there was no foul called. Luckily Marosevic was okay, but it could have been much worse for him and TFC, and until the refs start calling a fair balanced match, these things are going to keep happening, players are going to get hurt, and it's going to be blood on the hands of CONCACAF for allowing this pathetic excuse of officiating to continue.

I am enraged at that abortion of a football match I just watched, but 3 pts is 3 pts.:drinking:

Buenas noches.

Stryker
08-19-2011, 03:38 AM
No wonder soccer in Canada is in such an abyssmal state. Not only are the people running things here complety clueless, but then add in the fact that we play in a confederation run by third world mafia who assign officials who are ethier bias or can be bought on the cheap and we stand little or no chance.
The whole thing is so fucked it wont be sorted out for decades.

mdc 77
08-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Posted this before...if anyone needs more reason to dislike Tauro, Lucho Moreno the goal scorer from last night, thats this guy;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/02/owl-colombia-luis-moreno-dies

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Posted this before...if anyone needs more reason to dislike Tauro, Lucho Moreno the goal scorer from last night, thats this guy;

LMAO. That story was way worse than Dave Winfield's.

"goal scorer"

also LMAO

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 06:38 AM
No wonder soccer in Canada is in such an abyssmal state. Not only are the people running things here complety clueless, but then add in the fact that we play in a confederation run by third world mafia who assign officials who are ethier bias or can be bought on the cheap and we stand little or no chance.
The whole thing is so fucked it wont be sorted out for decades.

Yeah but look how far Russia has come. A future World cup to boot!:D

There's hope for mafia owned regions!

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Neither would I. I could just imagine De Klerk and Winter sweating on the sidelines of that shitty pitch in that 90% empty stadium, watching that corrupt-ass officiating, wondering what the hell they were doing there.

I would say TFC should be demanding an investigation into it, but we all know CONCACAF won't do shit.

Three points is great, as is being undefeated now in six - good building blocks. But man, it's hard to feel very good about what happened tonight.

I can't even critique TFC's performance, because it must be nigh impossible to establish any sort of coherent game plan going forward, when you're getting called for phantom fouls that often.

Like I said earlier - I just wanted to jump through my TV and strangle the referee. It was disgusting, and despicable, and gives the sport a bad name. And that's not even to mention the pathetic flopping.

- Scott

I don't know if this was mentioned already but I thought it ridiculously transparent when, on our last goal, the ref blew the whistle before it went in just in case he could find someone offside. When there was no pass he had to let the goal stand. Just reprehensible.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 06:56 AM
there were about like 4 chances where he could have left an other player one on one but decided to go solo instead. I wanted to punch the TV out. :picard: Like honestly specially in such a crucial time where the reff was totally bought out and we needed an insurance goal.

I was surprised at some of his decisions when he was on his own up top with the ball. He spent too much time with it and did leave an open player stranded a couple times. If we weren't up I would have been more critical of it but I think it was more dire because of that shambolic officiating.

Are id$@ts... honestly in order for soccer to evolve into what it is in europe and latin america the media has to evolve too. Most of these guys are without a backbone (totally biased usually too much for TFC [specially the british dude who sometimes appears on TFC TV and other channels]) and just totally SUCK at broadcasting. The only reason they are there is because of connections...

I don't really have a problem with the play-by-play style here it's all about the weak commentary by certain ex-players that clearly don't enjoy the game we watch. It's unfortunate. I don't have a problem with bias at all but most times it's the wrong bias, against the home side. That's just bad business.

maninb
08-19-2011, 06:57 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned already but I thought it ridiculously transparent when, on our last goal, the ref blew the whistle before it went in just in case he could find someone offside. When there was no pass he had to let the goal stand. Just reprehensible.

Actually have to give the ref a pass on that one...the wistle came from the stands...you could hear them all night....

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 07:05 AM

It was 31-15, I believe, although 9 of Tauros' fouls were called in the last five minutes of the game, along with their yellow.

Very interesting...

Setanta/Sportsnet- FOULS- Tauro 15-30 TFC

CONCACAF site- FOULS- Tauro 15-23 TFC

http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.com/page.php?sport=soccer&language_id=us&page=tournament&view=match&match_id=1182276

Is that the region fudging the numbers to make it look more legit?

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Actually have to give the ref a pass on that one...the wistle came from the stands...you could hear them all night....

Well I'm glad for that at least.

If only he wasn't so transparent in the rest of his officiating in that game.

Waggy
08-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football - CONCACAF

i would say that Panama is considered Central American.

Central America doesn't technically exist. It's just colloquial. And I think when KD said North America he meant Canada/The US/Mexico, or as we here like to call it, North America Proper (Or the NAFTA zone).

Either way, we won! I was watching the Argos game and totally forgot TFC was playing on a Thurs. Came on here to see what happened and had quite the laugh at everyones comments. Sounds like I picked a good one to miss

08-19-2011, 07:22 AM
is that true!??! phew! so I don't have to worry about Dallas or Pumas beating Tauro 4-1 or 6-0 or something (beyond them getting wins, which sucks).

Greater number of points earned in matches between the teams concerned
Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned
Greater number of goals scored away from home in matches between the teams concerned
Reapply first three criteria if two or more teams are still tied
Greater goal difference in all group matches
Greater number of goals scored in group matches
Greater number of goals scored away in all group matches
Drawing of lots

sidvan
08-19-2011, 07:34 AM
they said it was called offside....They didn't agree with it but i believe just got tired of saying what a poor job the officials did.

Nuvinho
08-19-2011, 07:52 AM
The yellow cards are going to cost us in games down the road. I don't expect a full lineup against Pumas for game 3. Stupid refs!

DaBandit
08-19-2011, 07:53 AM
they said it was called offside....They didn't agree with it but i believe just got tired of saying what a poor job the officials did.

Ya your right.. But you can't tell me that Dobson is not clueless during most telecasts and that Forrest isn't anti-tfc.

ganzo_thebest
08-19-2011, 07:53 AM

Check this out...that guys is nuts!!!
dJgdzc6G5AI

flambe
08-19-2011, 08:11 AM
SERIOUS QUESTION:

How the hell do FIFA allow CONCACAF to get away with such blatantly biased refereeing?
I can see how standard league games might get overlooked, but the group stages of the CONCACAF Champions League?

Juanito
08-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Central America doesn't technically exist. It's just colloquial. And I think when KD said North America he meant Canada/The US/Mexico, or as we here like to call it, North America Proper (Or the NAFTA zone).

Either way, we won! I was watching the Argos game and totally forgot TFC was playing on a Thurs. Came on here to see what happened and had quite the laugh at everyones comments. Sounds like I picked a good one to miss

Technically speaking, North, Central, and South America don't exist, just the Americas. Growing up, in Spanish-speaking classes, America was EVERYTHING, because the Panama Canal is a man-made division.

In my English-speaking classes, they would make the division and make Panama part of North America. The whole Central American thing is a political affiliation, and it NEVER included Mexico. I've heard from too many Canadians that Mexico is NOT part of North America but from South America ..... :(

Apparently, world geography was not a major subject in Canadian elementary schools.

Juanito
08-19-2011, 08:18 AM
SERIOUS QUESTION:

How the hell do FIFA allow CONCACAF to get away with such blatantly biased refereeing?
I can see how standard league games might get overlooked, but the group stages of the CONCACAF Champions League?

Easy .... Sepp Blatter.

BFin
08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Does someone else want to shoot plata in the face!?!?! Like oohh my god i hope this media attention didn;t get to the kids head. Because there were about like 4 chances where he could have left an other player one on one but decided to go solo instead. I wanted to punch the TV out. :picard: Like honestly specially in such a crucial time where the reff was totally bought out and we needed an insurance goal. the A hole hoggs it. I bet if TFC had one more sub left he wouldn;t have finished the game. If i was the coach i would give that little SOB an earful...:facepalm:
Anyway hope the dude doesn;t think he;s the next messi because of a few good performances...

Like, you need to relax. Like.

ag futbol
08-19-2011, 08:26 AM
didn't see the game, but regardless I think the win is a positive result.

Only slight concern is that if we split the series with FCD it could come down to goal differential as to who goes to the next round.

Am I correct in saying they (Tauro) didn't look very good?

Detroit_TFC
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I've never been so meh about a win before. But my rational brain is saying in the past we would lose a game that this, so I should just be happy, and so I am.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
didn't see the game, but regardless I think the win is a positive result.

Only slight concern is that if we split the series with FCD it could come down to goal differential as to who goes to the next round.

Am I correct in saying they (Tauro) didn't look very good?

They seemed to have the lion's share of possession, though that might have more to do with us getting fucking whistled down constantly when we had the ball.

Aside from that, they weren't very good, no.

Count yourself lucky you didn't watch this one. It was rage-inducing, and an embarrassment for CONCACAF.

- Scott

__wowza
08-19-2011, 08:40 AM
as per the CONCACAF SITE:

6.29 Any player to accumulate two single yellow cards in two different matches in the CCL is suspended for the following game.

therefore, i'd just like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that the following players will be suspended for a game for receiving their NEXT yellow card:

M. KOCIC
A. IRO
R. ECKERSLY
J. DEGUZMAN
M. STINSON
J. PLATA

__wowza
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
also.. johnson is tied second in line for the golden boot with 3 goals.
also also.. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/02/owl-colombia-luis-moreno-dies

FOR BITCHY!!

ManUtd4ever
08-19-2011, 08:43 AM
TFC was dominant for the first 30 minutes, and should have been up by 3 or 4 goals based on the number of quality scoring chances generated. Once a 2 goal lead was established, the officials firmly took control of the match, and the circus ensued. It's difficult to mount any semblence of sustained pressure when players are afraid of touching an opposing player. In my opinion, TFC completely defied the odds by coming up with a victory in such a hostile environment facing such blantantly biased officiating. The bottom line is, TFC accomplished the goal they set out to achieve, and are in a solid position in Group C going into the next match against Dallas.

Detroit_TFC
08-19-2011, 08:46 AM
as per the CONCACAF SITE:

6.29 Any player to accumulate two single yellow cards in two different matches in the CCL is suspended for the following game.

therefore, i'd just like to take the opportunity to remind every that the following players will be suspended for a game for receiving a yellow card:

M. KOCIC
A. IRO
R. ECKERSLY
J. DEGUZMAN
M. STINSON
J. PLATA

Holy fuck, are we going to lose all these guys for the Dallas game?

Rhapido
08-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Assistant referee raised his flag for offside.

__wowza
08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
also on an interesting note, it seems the tauro website decided to have this to say in the post-match:

"El equipo canadiense que salto al campo con solo 2 jugadores de esa nacionalidad"

loosely, it points out that only two of are players last night were canadian.

__wowza
08-19-2011, 08:48 AM

sorry sorry. shouldve clarified, their NEXT yellow card which, if the officiating is as bad as it was last night, should be happening soon.

Canary10
08-19-2011, 08:48 AM
SERIOUS QUESTION:

Aww, you're such a sweet lad!

ManUtd4ever
08-19-2011, 08:49 AM

No, if any of them receive a yellow against Dallas, they will miss the following CCL match.

Detroit_TFC
08-19-2011, 08:51 AM
So we could be really short-handed for the game vs Pumas, great.

Canary10
08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
There were three subs made last night before the 35th minute. When was the last time anyone saw that happen? And Tauro used their last sub to take out one of their subs. What a weird game...

ManUtd4ever
08-19-2011, 08:55 AM
So we could be really short-handed for the game vs Pumas, great.

Unfortunately, we might lose 1-2 players, but hopefully the officials will be more competent at BMO Field in front of our home crowd.

DichioTFC
08-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Just throwing it out - you can rate the referee for last night's match here: http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2568/
:D

trane
08-19-2011, 09:07 AM
I hate this two yellows in two games and you miss the next game. That is bullshit.

We were lucky to win once we were up, we started to look like amatuers at the back. If we play a back 3 ,which I like, I would like them to play tighter, around the box, having the wingers, play like WB and drop and defend wide, and not have our CBs ( Iro) play out in space were he looks even more clumsy.

Joe Kool
08-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately, we might lose 1-2 players, but hopefully the officials will be more competent at BMO Field in front of our home crowd.

The other thing to consider is that Dallas won't play like bitches trying to draw yellows so that along with hopefully more competent reffing won't result in a second yellow for anyone who got one last night....well maybe Iro but hopefully not.

flatpicker
08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Do yellow cards reset to zero after the group stage?

Carts
08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
so we won..

http://i.imm.io/8cTm.jpeg

call me a pessimist but i cant find many good things in that victory. we played like shit, they had a lot more chances than we did, our second goal was soft, the ref was shit and plata forgot how to pass.

Thank God we didn't lose...

If we did I'd be telling you to call a suicide hotline to get you off the cliff or put down the bottle of pills...

While I agree with everything you said about our performance - a win is a win -In the end they don't ask how, they just ask how many...

Therefor, I'm happy we got the result - and for the negatives, there were positives in the match as well...

nfitz
08-19-2011, 09:17 AM
How the hell do FIFA allow CONCACAF to get away with such blatantly biased refereeing?Well, it was crap refereeing ... but was it biased?

Seemed to me he was trying not to create an unfair outcome. Or else Eckersley would surely have had a second yellow. And there'd have been more penalties. The one penalty he called certainly looked like a penalty. Close perhaps, but we've seen that kind of thing called by much better refs.

He certainly gave us more fouls, but that only indicates that he was accepting many of the dives as legit. The bias in the number of fouls awarded may simply be that we weren't diving as much as they were.

He certainly has a long history of yellow cards - so nothing unusual in that.

Don't get me wrong though - he's a terrible ref. But there's a huge difference between incompetence and corruption.

Waggy
08-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Technically speaking, North, Central, and South America don't exist, just the Americas. Growing up, in Spanish-speaking classes, America was EVERYTHING, because the Panama Canal is a man-made division.

In my English-speaking classes, they would make the division and make Panama part of North America. The whole Central American thing is a political affiliation, and it NEVER included Mexico. I've heard from too many Canadians that Mexico is NOT part of North America but from South America ..... :(

Apparently, world geography was not a major subject in Canadian elementary schools.

It's all semantics. I know people from Central America who swear it's it's own continent. Then there's the whole Australia and Antarctica question. But North and South America are definitely different continents divided by the Panama Canal, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

Edit: upon reading the wiki it seems like we're both right

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China and most English-speaking countries. The six-continent combined-Eurasia model is sometimes preferred in the former states of the USSR[citation needed] and Japan[citation needed]. The six-continent combined-America model is sometimes taught in Latin America

hajduksplit
08-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Plata was horrible lastnight!

lerxst
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Hey everyone. This is my first post on the RPB forums and it's going to be a question: why does every single game played in Central America bring my piss to a boil? Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick. It is the most gutless, mother flippin', piece of shit nonsense I've ever seen. I mean, is it genetic? Is there a missing pride gene?

I was pretty angry last night. My wife actually ended up leaving the room. I ended up sleeping in the basement (the 'c' word used about 30 times certainly doesn't help).

Anyway; 3 points and bring on FCD.

ACSertL
08-19-2011, 09:30 AM
I hate this two yellows in two games and you miss the next game. That is bullshit.

We were lucky to win once we were up, we started to look like amatuers at the back. If we play a back 3 ,which I like, I would like them to play tighter, around the box, having the wingers, play like WB and drop and defend wide, and not have our CBs ( Iro) play out in space were he looks even more clumsy.

trane my friend I agree to an extent that we didn't look that great, but as others have pointed out, when your players are afraid to attempt a tackle for fear of being booked you will see this kind of defending. Especially when the opposition is getting away with the same fouls you're getting cautioned for.

mdc 77
08-19-2011, 09:32 AM
It doesn't matter where the game happens its the officiating that was terrible. We could easily see a ref just as bad next week here at BMO and it'll be just as bad.

Fort York Redcoat
08-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Do yellow cards reset to zero after the group stage?

Yes.

trane
08-19-2011, 09:39 AM
trane my friend I agree to an extent that we didn't look that great, but as others have pointed out, when your players are afraid to attempt a tackle for fear of being booked you will see this kind of defending. Especially when the opposition is getting away with the same fouls you're getting cautioned for.

I agree that it was a major problem. As you know when you take away the foul from my defensive skill set, I got little left. ;)

ACSertL
08-19-2011, 09:43 AM
I agree that it was a major problem. As you know when you take away the foul from my defensive skill set, I got little left. ;)

:lol: You've got an intimidation factor that is surpassed by very few.

flambe
08-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Well, it was crap refereeing ... but was it biased?

Don't get me wrong though - he's a terrible ref. But there's a huge difference between incompetence and corruption.

The foul on Marosevic, the foul on Kocic and there was another blatant foul on one of our guys too, can't remember who. No foul given, no card produced.
They got away with murder.

Some of the fouls/cards given against Eckersley et al.
We got penalised for looking at the Tauro players the wrong way.

Incompetence has nothing to do with those extremes, that's pure favoritism.

trane
08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
:lol: You've got an intimidation factor that is surpassed by very few.

I trully appreciate your comment. :flare:

J .
08-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Happy we won, not shocked the refs were biased, gringo teams never get a fair shake in the central americas.

Got the win, its a big win for any post group stage ambitions.

redcard
08-19-2011, 10:20 AM

that wasnt the refs whistle...if you watch the replay ther whistle was not where near his mouth...th whistle was from the crowd...

mdc 77
08-19-2011, 10:22 AM
that wasnt the refs whistle...if you watch the replay ther whistle was not where near his mouth...th whistle was from the crowd...

Linesman put his flag up, it was called offside.

lobo
08-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I am happy we got the three points against all that adversity but man the lack of effort and the quality of passes was just not good enough. I really hope this was a one off thing. I understand that the refs were pure horseshit but fuck sakes. If we play like that the rest of the way, man oh man it will be scary

thank you david! i was wondering if i was the only one seeing this. we played FUGLY FOOTBALL. it was horrible, we were lucky to score 2 goals and even luckier we didn't give more goals against ... i'm happy for the 3 pts as well, but while most ppl here have hard feelings about the ref, i'm hugely disappointed in our team ... the lack of composure, the shite passing, the selfish plays, the stupid fouls we took (yes we took a bunch of legit stupid fouls), the apathetic play, the crap man marking, the ridiculous ball watching as opponents made runs all around us and into our box, the endless long ball clearances, hell we even had trouble winning headers against a bunch of short latinos ... did we even get a shot on goal in the second half? did we get a chance in their box in the 2nd half? we played on a school yard pitch, against school yard opponents, with school yard refs, and we played right down to their level ... and the whistles in the crowd were very distracting, you could see players pause or hesitate, even the announcers on the concacaf feed were surprised at de guzman's goal having mistaken a whistle in the stands for the whistle on the pitch

in the first half we were putting the Tauro players under quick pressure and forcing lots of turn overs, after we went up by two goals we turned it down and gave them time and space with less intense pressure, more patient jockeying, and they burned us constantly with their quick feet and speed, and then the foul count started rising ... we couldn't even defend against simple wall passes for fuck sakes, thank the gods Tauro couldn't hit the net on their numerous chances

we knew what to expect in terms of the opponent, the ref, the pitch and the 12th man coming in to panama ... and still it decomposed us ... we got a lot of work to do.

ok, rant over ... lobo out

P-NUTZ
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
that ref and several other unnamed individuals and organizations made $ on that game fixing panama to get a goal, to lose by 1 goal, and perhaps an exact score of 2-1, an under 3.5, a exact total goals of 3, etc...great day at the office for several participants around the world.

I've been to panama, and the people are generally very poor, lovely and gracious. It's a beautiful place.

I went into the mountains and saw 16 or so young lads playing a soccer match on a smallish, disfigured dirt pitch. Some had boots and others didn't, but all had a jersey from one club or another such as Man U, Barca, Milan, etc.

I watched for awhile and was touched by the charm and quality. Didn't see one dive of course.

That Tauro team should be ashamed of intentional diving, but i doubt that's their main concern.

3pts was our the goal and the result. Onward.

Canary10
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Nobody has considered whether the fact that their goalkeeper was clearly on the take balanced out in any way the awful reffing.

Eh, but we won, let's stop talking about it and look forward to Chicago. This game wasn't worth even trying to figure out.

dupont
08-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I went to the dentist for the first time in 10 years yesterday. That hour long cleaning hurt like hell... but honestly watching this game with the disgusting reffing was even more painful than that.

P-NUTZ
08-19-2011, 10:28 AM
thank you david! i was wondering if i was the only one seeing this. we played FUGLY FOOTBALL. it was horrible, we were lucky to score 2 goals and even luckier we didn't give more goals against ... i'm happy for the 3 pts as well, but while most ppl here have hard feelings about the ref, i'm hugely disappointed in our team ... the lack of composure, the shite passing, the selfish plays, the stupid fouls we took (yes we took a bunch of legit stupid fouls), the apathetic play, the crap man marking, the ridiculous ball watching as opponents made runs all around us and into our box, the endless long ball clearances, hell we even had trouble winning headers against a bunch of short latinos ... did we even get a shot on goal in the second half? did we get a chance in their box in the 2nd half? we played on a school yard pitch, against school yard opponents, with school yard refs, and we played right down to their level ... and the whistles in the crowd were very distracting, you could see players pause or hesitate, even the announcers on the concacaf feed were surprised at de guzman's goal having mistaken a whistle in the stands for the whistle on the pitch

in the first half we were putting the Tauro players under quick pressure and forcing lots of turn overs, after we went up by two goals we turned it down and gave them time and space with less intense pressure, more patient jockeying, and they burned us constantly with their quick feet and speed, and then the foul count started rising ... we couldn't even defend against simple wall passes for fuck sakes, thank the gods Tauro couldn't hit the net on their numerous chances

we knew what to expect in terms of the opponent, the ref, the pitch and the 12th man coming in to panama ... and still it decomposed us ... we got a lot of work to do.

ok, rant over ... lobo out

good points

Carts
08-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I went to the dentist for the first time in 10 years yesterday. That hour long cleaning hurt like hell... but honestly watching this game with the disgusting reffing was even more painful than that.

This is off topic but damn, I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST...!!!

As for last night, as "The Norb" would say, that match was 90+ mins of ROOT CANAL!

Heart of Stone
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I remember the actual diving being worse in the game against Arabe Unido last summer... the game we lost 1 - 0 when Preks didn't feel like fielding a winning line-up... also the ref in that game was very bad... prompting the TFC website to put together the 3 min. video of all the Arabe players diving and flopping...

Last night was pretty bad too... although I'm surprised that Eckersly wasn't given a second yellow...

De Guzman's take down of the guy in the box was defintely a penalty...

Carts
08-19-2011, 10:58 AM
I remember the actual diving being worse in the game against Arabe Unido last summer... the game we lost 1 - 0 when Preks didn't feel like fielding a winning line-up... also the ref in that game was very bad... prompting the TFC website to put together the 3 min. video of all the Arabe players diving and flopping...

Last night was pretty bad too... although I'm surprised that Eckersly wasn't given a second yellow...

De Guzman's take down of the guy in the box was defintely a penalty...

100% spot on...

Lucky Strike
08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Can you get bingo? (stolen from BigSoccer)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6703/cclbingo.jpg

I lol'd

Brilliant! I'll see if I can modify the Big Soccer column a little to fit what happens here on the board.

Detroit_TFC
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Brilliant! I'll see if I can modify the Big Soccer column a little to fit what happens here on the board.

That is pure gold!

Heart of Stone
08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Another moment which gave the whole game a farcical tint was when the four guys wearing jeans and looking at their cell phones brought the stretcher out for Koverman who after rolling around for a bit, stood up perfectly fine only to be forced by the ref to lie back down on the stretcher to be carted off... the look on Koverman's face was like "Are you kidding me?"

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Nobody has considered whether the fact that their goalkeeper was clearly on the take balanced out in any way the awful reffing.

He misread a wiffleball shot from JDG, and that was about it for egregious mistakes.

- Scott

Ageroo
08-19-2011, 11:12 AM

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=8&id=2319 :D

nickio
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
I just can't believe that it's 2011, and we're seeing a crime (corruption) being committed over live TV and nothing is being done about it. Not only that, everyone seems to put up with it like it's OK.

I would expect CCL governing body to:

- Heavily Fine and Ban the officials from working for 3-5 years.
- Heavily Fine and Disqualify Tauro FC for corruption (paying the refs); Disqualify for next year as well
- Fire the people responsible for appointing referees for this match
- Enforce the officials to card players for Diving
- Allow referee performance ratings to be public, judged by the officiating panel

And you know what? None of the above will happen. Instead what we'll see is more and worse of the same.

Way to kill football. I don't undestand, are these people interested in making money or WTF?! Can't they understand that they are loosing fans by allowing this BS.

Shakes McQueen
08-19-2011, 11:16 AM

The clip of the Arabe Unido player actually CRYING on the pitch to sell his flop, will always be my favourite.

These kinds of players should be banned from FIFA-recognized competitions for eternity, for having disrespect for the sport itself.

And FIFA should be flogged for not taking a harder line in defending the integrity of the sport. The integrity of the sport, at the end of the day, is all that matters. Teams and players will come and go.

- Scott

ManUtd4ever
08-19-2011, 11:30 AM
The foul on Marosevic, the foul on Kocic and there was another blatant foul on one of our guys too, can't remember who. No foul given, no card produced.

Incompetence has nothing to do with those extremes, that's pure favoritism.

Agreed. We've all seen the deplorable level of CCL officiating in the past, but the favoritism on display last night was a blatant joke, and nothing short of offensive to an educated football fan.

TFC literally won that match against all odds.

Canary10
08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
He misread a wiffleball shot from JDG, and that was about it for egregious mistakes.

- Scott

There were a few others, not all of which were goals miraculously. No one can be as bad as he was for real.

Heart of Stone
08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
De Klerk's tirade and then ultra slow departure from the pitch burnt more time off the clock than was given back in extra time... a brilliant stroke or just De Klerk being De Klerk?

Strans
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Can the yellow cards be appealed?

It's one thing to have to deal with this officiating for one match, but it's another thing completely to have it impact this club for the rest of the group stage...

Heart of Stone
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Did Milos get a yellow yesterday?

nickio
08-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Did Milos get a yellow yesterday?

Yes, he took a look at the referee, and the glare made him cringe- 1 yellow for Kocic.

BFin
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM

The guy audibly whimpering at about 1:05 is absolute gold.

Lucky Strike
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
CCL bingo is up:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=29309

Carts
08-19-2011, 12:23 PM

I forgot how funny that sh*t is...

The guy crying - AWESOME!

TotalFootball
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
The guy audibly whimpering at about 1:05 is absolute gold.

UNREAL. I agree with all the comments. FIFA needs to take a closer lokk at games like that or the one from yesterday.

I tghink, I may write to FIFA.

TorontoPat
08-19-2011, 12:31 PM
If you were looking for skill, last night's game sucked. However I did find it very entertaining and I was into it right up to the final whistle. How Tauro's and even us missed so many upclose chances, it was unbelievable. The refs did suck but we won, so no foul no harm.

Strans
08-19-2011, 01:15 PM
If you were looking for skill, last night's game sucked. However I did find it very entertaining and I was into it right up to the final whistle. How Tauro's and even us missed so many upclose chances, it was unbelievable. The refs did suck but we won, so no foul no harm.

but there is harm, in the lingering effect of the bookings on the rest of the group stage...

lobo
08-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone. This is my first post on the RPB forums and it's going to be a question: why does every single game played in Central America bring my piss to a boil? Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick. It is the most gutless, mother flippin', piece of shit nonsense I've ever seen. I mean, is it genetic? Is there a missing pride gene?

I was pretty angry last night. My wife actually ended up leaving the room. I ended up sleeping in the basement (the 'c' word used about 30 times certainly doesn't help).

Anyway; 3 points and bring on FCD.

Classic first post!

Wull
08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Can't believe I'm actually allowing myself to think about this again but:

we were piss-poor but we won. How often have we been able to say that in 5 seasons? Sounds like progress to me ........

nfitz
08-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Incompetence has nothing to do with those extremes, that's pure favoritism.Why would he give fouls for the ones on Marosevic, etc. They didn't roll around on the pitch in pain ... clearly not even our players thought they were fouled, if they didn't dive to the ground, and try and hump the turf ... at least in the eyes of a Ref who probably hasn't seen anything different ... :)

As for the foul against Kocic ... it was a goal kick anyways ...

I just think if the ref was actually trying to show favourtism, we'd have seen something more blatant. The only penalty call was quite valid.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-19-2011, 03:08 PM

we were piss-poor but we won. How often have we been able to say that in 5 seasons? Sounds like progress to me ........

Was tthinking tthe samething. I'd prefer we did look better but ill take a shit victory over no victory any day

__wowza
08-19-2011, 03:50 PM

oh god, i didnt even think about that. we didnt have frei, didnt have frings, we had the ref working against us during an away game against a team of divers and we won. sir, i do believe that you just blew my mind..

rocker
08-19-2011, 03:54 PM
they better not pull that diving shit at BMO Field.... or they will feel the wrath of the south end. lol.

nickio
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
they better not pull that diving shit at BMO Field.... or they will feel the wrath of the south end. lol.

Just have the US approach, when thing's get lawless - take care of the law ourselves. :mad5:

ua-kozak_TFC
08-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Like, you need to relax. Like.

you realize that i said 'like' only once in my entire rant.... while you said it twice in half a line you wrote to specifically point out that i use like to begin my sentence.hahahaha I am sorry Capitan Literacy. I shall not do this again I promise... haha. Policing discussion forums for proper grammar that is a sad way to feel better about yourself.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-19-2011, 07:22 PM
GROUP C
TEAM G W D L PTS
Toronto 1 1 0 0 3
Dallas 1 1 0 0 3
Tauro 1 0 0 1 0
Pumas 1 0 0 1 0

;)

Ossington Mental Youth
08-20-2011, 12:57 AM
got to finally watch the game, ive seen us play way worse, we were far from our best and definitely not playing normal. Ill take the win.

Brooker
08-20-2011, 01:23 AM
you realize that i said 'like' only once in my entire rant....

I counted 3. :D