Pumas vs Dallas 10pm

Interested in Pumas vs Dallas game...

Yagbod
08-16-2011, 11:21 PM
New England vs Houston 8pm
Sporting KC vs Portland 830pm

Pumas vs Dallas 10pm

Interested in Pumas vs Dallas game...

Pumas vs Dallas: tie is ideal, but if a winner, who is better for TFC?

Yohan
08-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Pumas, considering they'd be first place most likely and TFC is fighting for 2nd place

Fort York Redcoat
08-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Go, tie, go! I'll miss this one but will definitely look for the Santos highlights after.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-17-2011, 07:46 AM
our group should be won by pumas.....so the fight for second will be with Dallas..and im ok with that!

A win for Pumas...helps us more

ManUtd4ever
08-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Apparently, PUMAS submitted a roster of 22/30 players for tonight's match, which consists primarily of their youth and reserve players. It seems they are quite confident that they won't need the bulk of their starters until the latter stages of this round.

Perhaps an underestimated FC Dallas squad will make history tonight by becoming the first MLS club to win on Mexican soil, as all indications are that their starting lineup will be close to full strength.

I predict an opportunity squandered by PUMAS to take control of the group, resulting in a draw.

DangerRed
08-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Apparently, PUMAS submitted a roster of 22/30 players for tonight's match, which consists primarily of their youth and reserve players. It seems they are quite confident that they won't need the bulk of their starters until the latter stages of this round.

Perhaps an underestimated FC Dallas squad will make history tonight by becoming the first MLS club to win on Mexican soil, as all indications are that their starting lineup will be close to full strength.

I predict an opportunity squandered by PUMAS to take control of the group, resulting in a draw.

Pretty reasonable prediction. Any tie by your opponents is a good tie in the group stage. Think I agree that we'll be fighting for the second spot with Dallas and Tauro will be the whipping boys of this group (unless TFC unexpectedly shits the bed tomorrow).

kodiakTFC
08-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Pumas 1 - 1 Dallas.

Dallas is so damn fun to watch, I wish every team in MLS played to this calibre.

rocker
08-17-2011, 12:11 PM
but does a tie for FC Dallas make it tougher for us? Unless we get a tie in Mexico (or a win, if I dare say it?).... which I think is unlikely.

I still think the Mexicans will win the group, so a loss for FC Dallas on the road is best.

Canada72
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Any stream links? I see concacaftv is not showing it.

Redpunkfiddle
08-17-2011, 06:44 PM
but does a tie for FC Dallas make it tougher for us? Unless we get a tie in Mexico (or a win, if I dare say it?).... which I think is unlikely.

I still think the Mexicans will win the group, so a loss for FC Dallas on the road is best.

Hard to predict, the future is.

I think we'll just have to wait a few rounds until we know what result we'd want from a match.

Tonight I predict another agonizing late collapse for the MLS side on Mexican soil.

Auzzy
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Any stream links? I see concacaftv is not showing it.

It's available on MLS MatchDay Live, in case you have a subscription to that...

But I also see it listed here: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=126449&part=sports

Yohan
08-17-2011, 07:05 PM
http://soccerjumbo-updateit.blogspot.com/2009/09/channel-4.html

NE vs Houston

Yohan
08-17-2011, 07:13 PM
shambles of Houston defending and the Revs are up 1-0

Workie
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Crap! Can't find a stream of OUR game.

As I just realised today is NOT Thursday.... I think I need my coffee..........

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Monterrey killing Herediano 0 -4.

pyppurs
08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
anyone have a link for KC-POR

Yohan
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
KC 1-0 Portland. Graham Zusi from 25 yrds strike. very nice

Yohan
08-17-2011, 08:20 PM
2-0 KC. Zusi puts away a loose ball after a scramble in the box. Portland has zero bite this game

Yohan
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Houston ties it up 1-1 after another scramble from a corner and Boswell pops in the rebound. I had a strong feeling that it's going to be a 1-1 draw...

Yohan
08-17-2011, 09:04 PM
http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/83145_unam_fc_dallas/

Pumas vs dallas

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-17-2011, 09:08 PM
ill post it again.......this site has all your football needs....

www.fromsportcom.com

ps and even UFC ;)

kodiakTFC
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Metapan awarded a pk, 1-0.

Metapan has quite a lot of supporters in Colorado.

Rant:
I find it funny a lot of these central american teams have fans come out against MLS teams but are obviously just of that decent so they support the team. It would be like me moving to Mexico and cheering for Vancouver in a game against Pumas. Its really funny because sometimes the colors don't match ala a ton of fans wearing the Mexican colors for a Pachuca who wears blue.

kodiakTFC
08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Metapan has the most sponsors I've ever seen, take that NASCAR.

Auzzy
08-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Wow, Pumas (& Dallas) are fast. Lots of fast plays & multiple players pressuring every buildup in midfield. TFC aren't going to have time to breath, let alone take their sweet time to build up play. Lots of long balls forward by Pumas, but with their fast forwards & TFC's slow central defenders, this could unfortunately prove to be very effective. Not very pretty necessarily.

rocker
08-17-2011, 09:54 PM
yeah dallas looks wayyyy faster in this game than the game at BMO.

Pumas loves the counterattack but have had lots of offsides... they seem to be slowing down.

08-17-2011, 10:01 PM
I fear that the Pumas youngsters are going to drop points in one (or both) of the first 2 matches, and that they're going to run the A-side out against us in the 3rd match.

DangerRed
08-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow, Pumas are faaaaaaaast. They had a couple near-goals in the first, but they're losing steam. No idea if this is the first team or second or half and half playing, either.

That said, 0-0 at half is not a bad result for Dallas to contest in the second.

flatpicker
08-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Any chance of an English vid stream?
I haven't signed up to the CONCACAF site yet.

Redpunkfiddle
08-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow, Pumas are faaaaaaaast. They had a couple near-goals in the first, but they're losing steam. No idea if this is the first team or second or half and half playing, either.

That said, 0-0 at half is not a bad result for Dallas to contest in the second.

They are playing with 6 backups and 5 youth team members or reservists from what I see. And two of their star youngsters were away playing in the U20s tonight.

08-17-2011, 10:55 PM
They are playing with 6 backups and 5 youth team members or reservists from what I see. And two of their star youngsters were away playing in the U20s tonight.

I bet we get to see the first time up close in our 3rd match!

Dv23
08-17-2011, 10:55 PM
So I think Dallas is about to win.

Joe Kool
08-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Dallas wins 1-0. Now we really have to beat Dallas to make sure they don't have 6 pts by the end of next week.

NBS
08-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Dallas wins 1-0. Now we really have to beat Dallas to make sure they don't have 6 pts by the end of next week.

This result really fucked us quite frankly.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Dallas the first MLS team to win in Mexico?

Edit: I just checked, they are. Great thing for the CCL IMO, might get the cross border rivalry going, give some sizzle to the competition.

jazzy
08-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Dallas the first MLS team to win in Mexico?

Edit: I just checked, they are. Great thing for the CCL IMO, might get the cross border rivalry going, give some sizzle to the competition.

It'll be twice as hard now, they noone will take anyone for granted. We may take the repercussions of this win. Is Frings out for 2 yellows??..

mowe
08-18-2011, 03:52 AM
It'll be twice as hard now, they noone will take anyone for granted. We may take the repercussions of this win. Is Frings out for 2 yellows??..

Frings is suspended for the Tauro game. Also Avila is unavailable for selection for the CCL.

This Dallas win is a huge blow to our chances to make it past the group stage. We pretty much have to get points from both Pumas matches plus Dallas to have a shot.

kodiakTFC
08-18-2011, 07:20 AM
The way I see is we need 11 points now.

DichioTFC
08-18-2011, 08:16 AM
FCD will probably draw Pumas next match. I think we can expect both teams to get 6 off of the Panamanian team.

If TFC wins all at home and gets either one win on the road or gets all draws (more likely of the two), we'll have 12 points. I think this is possible.

ryan
08-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Watched some highlights this morning. Zusi's first goal vs Portland was a pretty nice strike from distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTHvB2KoY-k

DangerRed
08-18-2011, 08:40 AM

So much for TFC's chances in the CCL. :(

Joe Kool
08-18-2011, 08:42 AM
The Pumas coach said he thought the team he played last night was just as competitive as his full strength first team but that was before the game. He may not say that now. Pumas seemed to struggle the whole game to keep up with the pace and strength of Dallas and I thought it looked kind of one sided in terms of possession. With the exception of a few good chances I think Hartman really had nothing to do in goal but watch the game.

Joe Kool
08-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Way too early to write anyone off...this is football after all. Anything can happen. Ye of little faith...

__wowza
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Way too early to write anyone off...this is football after all. Anything can happen. Ye of little faith...

alli know is that they went into the dallas game thinking they were going to steamroll over them. they didnt. now theyre going to be stepping up twice as hard against us. yeeeeeeesh this is gonna be a close one!!

DichioTFC
08-18-2011, 09:10 AM

LOL TFC hasn't played a minute of the competition and you're already ruling them out?

:facepalm:

DangerRed
08-18-2011, 09:13 AM

You're right, I have very little faith.

LOL TFC hasn't played a minute of the competition and you're already ruling them out?

:facepalm:

Yes - why don't you take your palm away from your face and listen closely: TFC won't make it out of the group stage this year, and it will in large part be due to this result. You heard it here first.

Fort York Redcoat
08-18-2011, 09:20 AM
^Enjoy the game tonight, Danger!

ManUtd4ever
08-18-2011, 09:25 AM
If TFC takes care of business tonight, the group will be wide open.

DangerRed
08-18-2011, 09:34 AM
We're playing four games in the next nine days.

While that probably doesn't affect tonight's result, it sure will affect our chances of points against Dallas when they come to BMO on the 24th.

EDIT: Yowza, September isn't looking much better either, with another four games in 10 days (Sept 10 to 20).

ManUtd4ever
08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Dallas will be facing a similarly congested schedule though. In light of last night's result, TFC can put themselves in a solid position to battle for one of the top 2 spots in the group with victories tonight and on August 24th at home against Dallas. I think both matches are winnable.

DichioTFC
08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
You're right, I have very little faith.

Yes - why don't you take your palm away from your face and listen closely: TFC won't make it out of the group stage this year, and it will in large part be due to this result. You heard it here first.

Whats the point of coming to a supporter's website and ruling out the team's chances of an entire tournament before they've ever stepped onto the pitch?

I've never wished for it for anyone else on this site, but perma-negative registered users should be banned.

flatpicker
08-18-2011, 09:45 AM
http://thesessionmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/positive1.jpg?w=500&h=334

ryan
08-18-2011, 09:49 AM
If TFC takes care of business tonight, the group will be wide open.

Absolutely. After what we saw when Dallas was last here and we had our debuts of new players, we hung tough. These are matches we can win and could be 3 pts clear 2 games into the group.

One step at a time though, lets fuck up them panamanians.

We're playing four games in the next nine days.

While that probably doesn't affect tonight's result, it sure will affect our chances of points against Dallas when they come to BMO on the 24th.

EDIT: Yowza, September isn't looking much better either, with another four games in 10 days (Sept 10 to 20).

We have the depth for it.

Still tho, I'm excited for so much TFC to watch in the coming 9 days.

DangerRed
08-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Whats the point of coming to a supporter's website and ruling out the team's chances of an entire tournament before they've ever stepped onto the pitch?

I've never wished for it for anyone else on this site, but perma-negative registered users should be banned.

Ok buddy, you got it. I'm through with arguing why what I'm predicting makes sense, and why there is a gulf of difference between criticism and negativity. The density of positions like yours make it simply too tiresome.

I'm done with this website and won't post again.

flatpicker
08-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Come on people!
Let all take a deep breath, relax, and be happy.

rocker
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I thought Pumas would win easily, although i didn't know the coach would play his reserves... this changes my perspective on the group a bit, as playing in Mexico was going to be tough for all three teams. IF Dallas can take advantage (for example, not losing to a possibly full-strength Pumas in Dallas, and getting full points from Tauro) they could easily win the group regardless of the results with TFC. That would mean Pumas and TFC would fight for the second spot. That's tough. TFC gotta take the 6 points from Tauro and beat Dallas at home. I'm glad these first two games are Tauro and Dallas, to see where we stand.