PDA

View Full Version : TFC's Sleazy Ticket Pricing

canadian_bhoy
08-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Just printed off my ticket for tonight. I find the fluctuation in printed pricing on my ticket to be really upsetting.

Paid price = $18
Face on Actual Season Pack Ticket = $27
Face on Printed Ticket = $40

Seriously? An over 100% increase on the web printed ticket from the actual season ticket holder price?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this misleading and quite sleazy. It makes it much easier for scalpers to sell for "Below face" and still make a profit.

But more than anything, it's ripping off people who don't have season tickets.

I'm totally on board with STH's getting a better deal than a single game seat, but in a time when the club is in need of an injection of new supporters, they really shouldn't be pulling this kind of garbage.

At the end of the day, this is nothing more than lying to your fans.

Auzzy
08-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I dunno, usually folks freak out about not getting enough of a SSH deal on all kinds of things. We're paying up-front for the season & carry all of the risk. I.e., can't make it to a game, gotta find a way to dump the ticket. The up-front money for the whole season is very valuable for the team & the league -- let's them plan for the year etc. If you have a newspaper subscription, you also pay WAY less than the newsstand price. That's life with a whole bunch of products.

I do find the different prices confusing. Perhaps it helps the scalpers. But mostly it helps the loyal SSH's who have enough difficulty covering costs when they can't make it to a game.

canadian_bhoy
08-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I dunno, usually folks freak out about not getting enough of a SSH deal on all kinds of things. We're paying up-front for the season & carry all of the risk. I.e., can't make it to a game, gotta find a way to dump the ticket. The up-front money for the whole season is very valuable for the team & the league -- let's them plan for the year etc. If you have a newspaper subscription, you also pay WAY less than the newsstand price. That's life with a whole bunch of products.

I do find the different prices confusing. Perhaps it helps the scalpers. But mostly it helps the loyal SSH's who have enough difficulty covering costs when they can't make it to a game.

I'm not saying STH's shouldn't get a discount - of course they should. But there should be more transparency in the pricing.

There is no need for 3 completely different prices being on the same ticket. It should be STH - General sale. That's it.

And people purchasing through the general sale should be aware of the difference (in fact it may encourage more people to be STHs).

menefreghista
08-13-2011, 11:13 AM
The season tickets weren't printed properly. They weren't trying to have 3 prices for the same ticket. Its nothing sleazy, more like incompetent.

The completely fucked up the premium games.

TFC FO seems to fuck everything up these days, right down to the tiniest detail.

Parkdale
08-13-2011, 11:34 AM
ah... if it's the old 'Premium Game' thing then I understand why it would work out that way. Our SSH price per game is broken down to this: (total coat -divide by- number of games) but then they have two tiers for regular and premium games.

I'm thinking that the $17 you paid was actually the average price per game, not counting that there's two tiers. If that's how it works, then I don't think it's really 'lying'. Was the $17 price ever printed somewhere, or was it just a result of the math?

canadian_bhoy
08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
ah... if it's the old 'Premium Game' thing then I understand why it would work out that way. Our SSH price per game is broken down to this: (total coat -divide by- number of games) but then they have two tiers for regular and premium games.

I'm thinking that the $17 you paid was actually the average price per game, not counting that there's two tiers. If that's how it works, then I don't think it's really 'lying'. Was the $17 price ever printed somewhere, or was it just a result of the math?

When you print off your ticket it gives you a price paid for the ticket ($18). On the official season tix it says $27 and the printed ticket says $40.

menefreghista
08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
In Account Manager, when you print or forward your ticket, it shows you how much you paid. But the pdf ticket that is produced lists the face value.

Auzzy
08-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm not saying STH's shouldn't get a discount - of course they should. But there should be more transparency in the pricing.

There is no need for 3 completely different prices being on the same ticket. It should be STH - General sale. That's it.

And people purchasing through the general sale should be aware of the difference (in fact it may encourage more people to be STHs).

Good point. And if they dropped the premium price BS, it would also make it easier for everyone.

MarkoftheDrink
08-13-2011, 12:18 PM
MLSE loves scalpers and will go out of their way to help them make a profit. They drive up prices when the going is good and they soak up extra tickets when nobody wants them. What's not to like?