PDA

View Full Version : The Impact ban all pyro

Oldtimer
08-10-2011, 12:24 PM
The Impact FO have recently banned all pyro at their stadium, here is a part of a letter they sent their SG UM02:

Les sanctions en cas de possession ou d’utilisation de matériel explosif, pyrotechnique ou fumigène au Stade Saputo sont les suivantes:

1re offense : interdiction d'accès au stade pour un minimum de 10 matchs (peu importe la saison) avec possibilité d’arrestation et d'amendes en accordance avec les lois municipales.

En cas de récidive : interdiction d'accès au stade Saputo pour toujours (à vie) avec possibilité d’arrestation et d'amendes en accordance avec les lois municipales.My translation:

The sanctions in the case of possession or use of an explosive, pyrotechnical, or smoke device in Stade Saputo are as follows:

First offense: A ban on access to the stadium for a minimum of 10 matches (regardless of the season) with the possibility of arrest and fines in accordance with the municipal bylaws.

In the case of a subsequent offense: A permanent ban on access to Stade Saputo (for life) with the possibility of arrest and fines in accordance with the municipal bylaws.It looks like Joey is clamping down on some of the displays we've seen in Montreal, prior to the club's entry into MLS.

Note for road trippers: The police in Quebec are not noted for even-handedness or consideration, whether you are from there or not.

flatpicker
08-10-2011, 12:31 PM
How about some dry ice and red strobe lights.
;)

Ossington Mental Youth
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
no surprises there at all

Technorgasm
08-10-2011, 12:57 PM
So, 1 you get busted you miss the rest of the season. .
1 incident per fan.

How many members do we have again?

Burn motherfucker.. burn. . .

London
08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
challenge!!!!!!!

Gazza
08-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I was hoping they'd turn the place into a Super Sex-like atmosphere.

(not that i've ever been to Super Sex).

Oldtimer
08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I was hoping they'd turn the place into a Super Sex-like atmosphere.

(not that i've ever been to Super Sex).

You're joking, of course (in a typical Torontonian way) about Montreal's reputation.

In reality, Saputo draws more kids than TFC or Vancouver. I expect to see mascots and the like. Banning pyro makes things more kid-friendly. Bring on the minivans!

http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/GLW/GLW177/gwp101032.jpg

Keystone FC
08-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Not surprised but kind of as well. I would have thought Montreal would try to keep some of the A-League/USL/NASL supporters element intact and the pyro was a main element of that. I thought Montreal would be different from the rest of the league, for some reason, but I guess not.

Brooker
08-13-2011, 05:55 AM
I always wondered how they enforce lifetime bans.

WestStandGeoff
08-13-2011, 07:32 AM
I always wondered how they enforce lifetime bans.

It's getting a lot easier, with security cameras everywhere and facial recognition software becoming more and more available.

canadian_bhoy
08-13-2011, 08:13 AM
So garner called saputo and this is the end result. Meh

London
08-14-2011, 07:48 AM
and MLSE continues use the shot of TFC ultras in DC lighting flares.

what does it have to do with last nights match??

it was in the highlight reel from the match on gol tv

AL-MO
08-14-2011, 09:23 AM
no surprises there at all

Not at all. I think we all knew this was coming.

EDIT: But I don't think this means the end of displays as seen in my avatar.

<<<<<<<

billyfly
08-14-2011, 09:25 AM
In a related story I ban all Impact from BMO.

AL-MO
08-14-2011, 09:40 AM
and MLSE continues use the shot of TFC ultras in DC lighting flares.

what does it have to do with last nights match??

it was in the highlight reel from the match on gol tv

MLS/TFC/MLSE love to use video and pics of 'banned' activities, to promote their team.

That's all while behind the scenes,coming down on the SG's for doing it.

Yohan
08-14-2011, 10:18 AM
MLS/TFC/MLSE love to use video and pics of 'banned' activities, to promote their team.

That's all while behind the scenes,coming down on the SG's for doing it.
has the exec ever got a straight answer from the FO about this?

J .
08-15-2011, 01:48 AM
Giant shame and flies in the face of the evidence the Limp Act fans were able (shockingly) to use pyro without people getting injured.

One of the best scenes in Canadian supporter history was between the TFC supporters and UM02 having basically a flare off.

A tear wanted to be shed.