PDA

View Full Version : Miss Alan Gordan? Dont.

kodiakTFC
08-09-2011, 03:19 PM
@robertjonas
Robert Jonas
Bad news for the @SJEarthquakes as Alan Gordon undergoes surgery, likely out many weeks. Details of the injury and procedure are forthcoming

The guy is so injury prone its ridiculous. I'm glad we got Johnson in return for him + Peterson (awful) and Nana.

__wowza
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
ugh. pains me to hear that because i really did enjoy him while he was here. it must suck being a backup, then proving youre worth a damn, only to find out that you're made of glass.

TFC07
08-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Speaking of Peterson and Nana, how are they playing so far in San Jose?

Too bad about Gordon, but we have Danny K now. He's much better than Gordon despite the fact Danny K isn't in shape yet.

ryan
08-09-2011, 03:24 PM
The guy is injury prone, no doubt. However his string of "injuries" this year has really all just been the hernia he suffered with us 3 months ago and he's never fully recovered.

Canary10
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Funny, I read this as Miss (as in the opposite of Mr.) Alan Gordon. Well, he is always hurt.

Yohan
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Seems Gordon was not happy with TFC medical staff for possibly misdiagnosing his injury. Just scored his first goal for SJ too

Ossington Mental Youth
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
why we got rid of him in the first place.
good luck to him

SirBobSaget
08-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Haha I typed in "Jacob Peterson" in Google News to read how he's been doing and this gem of a quote was featured:

Jacob Peterson, july 19 2011:
"I'm really surprised that all three guys went, because I feel Alan and Nana are extremely talented, too,"

extremely talented? oh Jacob. Don't think any of us caught this last month.

__wowza
08-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Speaking of Peterson and Nana, how are they playing so far in San Jose?

apparently nana is playing like shit. he was personally responsible for 3 goals in their game against RSL.

Carts
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
apparently nana is playing like shit. he was personally responsible for 3 goals in their game against RSL.

Does that make him '...Nana Irokora...' ??? :D

PopePouri
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Peterson is well...Peterson.

Gordon played one game I think.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I always liked Gordon. I don't think he ever fully recovered from aggravating his groin injury in the 2nd leg against Edmonton.

MG42
08-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Blaming TFC

Gordon, an eight-year MLS player, entered the game in the 57th minute to replace Scott Sealy. Gordon said he has been hobbled by a double-hernia for the past three months and may require surgery. He was misdiagnosed by Toronto FC and learned the extent of the damage only when he came to San Jose, he said. "As soon as I saw a doctor here, it was kind of a clear case, which is frustrating," Gordon said. "I could have had this taken care of a long time ago."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18633084?nclick_check=1

“It was pretty painful out there, but I did the best I could,” Gordon said. “(The injury) is something that happened to me about three months ago. I think that Toronto misdiagnosed me. As soon as I saw a doctor here it was a clear case, which is frustrating. I could have had this taken care of a long time ago. I’ve been trying to play through it, but I have to get it fixed to be 100 percent and help this club.”

http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/gordon%E2%80%99s-goal-lifts-san-jose-to-1-1-tie-with-portland-%E2%80%98quakes%E2%80%99-winless-streak-reaches-10-games/

ryan
08-09-2011, 03:48 PM

He was also responsible for 2 goals vs DC United.

__wowza
08-09-2011, 03:49 PM
here's highlights from the thread from the game they picked up nana/peterson:

- Peterson looks to be slow and lazy. Toronto was smart to dump him.
- Meh -- perhaps we gave up one slow and lazy player for another. (HA)
- Attakora had lot of problems, but Ring is as capable of being a center back as I am.
- dont be fooled by attakora. rsl made enuf of a fool outta him.
- Attakora left for dead again, almost blew it big time!
- attakora is looking bad. toronto was smart to dump him.
- we gotta see if Toronto want Sealy for a draft pick. they seem to be our patsy, we must exploit. (HAHA)
- attakora gave the ball away at the top of the box. Great trade jd...
- Attakora is totally caught out but is bailed out by Busch

i love reading their threads bout how this was a lopsided trade and how badly winter and marnier fucked up. seriously, i LOVE them.

SirBobSaget
08-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Dug up the full quote, what an ass this guy is (J Peterson). There was a character issue with the pre transfer window roster. Some of these dudes that got shipped out have huge egos and senses of entitlement.

Looking back on it, Peterson said he felt he "sacrificed" for Toronto by playing out of position as a defensive midfielder. Some reward: He gets shipped out of town. Now he is back at his familiar position in San Jose.
"I'm really surprised that all three guys went, because I feel Alan and Nana are extremely talented, too," Peterson said. "But I've moved on, and I'm happy where I am. I can already see that this team is more talented and has a better future."

__wowza
08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Looking back on it, Peterson said he felt he "sacrificed" for Toronto by playing out of position as a defensive midfielder. Some reward: He gets shipped out of town. Now he is back at his familiar position in San Jose.
"I'm really surprised that all three guys went, because I feel Alan and Nana are extremely talented, too," Peterson said. "But I've moved on, and I'm happy where I am. I can already see that this team is more talented and has a better future. Peterson would excuse himself from the interview in order to suck a bag of dicks."

why didnt you post the whole quote ;)

Fort York Redcoat
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Gordon had a great goal on the weekend. Great celebration. I guess he tripped on the way home er summing.

Roogsy
08-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Somewhere, Armen is crying.

nickio
08-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't party at someone's 'funeral', by saying stuff like "it's good that they are doing bad and we got rid of them....". It's just not a good thing to do. I wish Attakora, Peterson and Gordon all the best.

As far as the trade goes, it's helped us for sure.

phonzo
08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Somewhere, Armen is crying.

:lol:

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2011, 05:38 PM
The early returns on the trades with San Jose, Vancouver and Dallas have been excellent thus far. The Columbus trade, not so much, but hopefully, that scouse beast will round into form sooner rather than later.

Blizzard
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I always liked Gordon. I don't think he ever fully recovered from aggravating his groin injury in the 2nd leg against Edmonton.

I seem to recall hearing or reading that Gordon had a history of groin-type injuries long before coming to TFC. Does anybody else recall this?

Also, I know I read somewhere here on RPB that Gordon admitted that he felt he'd been traded for having a fight with the TFC physio after playing a full 90 and being angry about it.

Did we ever hear additional details about this?

kodiakTFC
08-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Does that make him '...Nana Irokora...' ??? :D

rimshot!

Nuvinho
08-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I think Tchani is hurt - so the deal doesn't look as bad right now.

DangerRed
08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Not surprised Gordon feels he was misdiagnosed. He told me he felt the reason he was traded was because he got into a fight with one of the TFC trainers who was forcing him to play full matches before he was fully recovered. Hope he gets better soon, and sucks too that he was just starting to perform for San Jose when this happened.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2011, 08:30 PM
I feel bad for Gordon, but if we didn't know he was injury prone, chances are TFC wouldn't have traded him in the first place. This was inevitable.

Surprised to hear Nana has played as poorly as he has for SJ.

And Peterson can go fuck himself.

- Scott

DangerRed
08-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Also, I know I read somewhere here on RPB that Gordon admitted that he felt he'd been traded for having a fight with the TFC physio after playing a full 90 and being angry about it.

This was what he told me at the airport. He said he was being pushed when he knew and the staff knew that he wasn't 100 pct healthy because the team was in bad need of a win.

ag futbol
08-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Miss Alan Gordon .... What does she look like?:skep:

neuf
08-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Not surprised Gordon feels he was misdiagnosed. He told me he felt the reason he was traded was because he got into a fight with one of the TFC trainers who was forcing him to play full matches before he was fully recovered. Hope he gets better soon, and sucks too that he was just starting to perform for San Jose when this happened.

I liked Gordon, but I have a hard time believing that getting into an argument with a trainer is the reason for the trade. Surely the fact that he moved down on the depth chart had to have something to do with it?

EDIT: Not saying I don't believe you, just questioning Gordon's assessment of the situation

Waggy
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I feel bad for Gordon, but if we didn't know he was injury prone, chances are TFC wouldn't have traded him in the first place. This was inevitable.

Surprised to hear Nana has played as poorly as he has for SJ.

And Peterson can go fuck himself.

- Scott

:lol:

I also feel bad for Gordon. seemed like a good guy, played well for us too. Hope he recovers fully and somewhat quickly.

TFCin110
08-09-2011, 10:11 PM
I got into it with Peterson on his twitter account. He's a terrible player, really awful.

rocker
08-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Peterson said on his Twitter account that Ty Harden was "one of the few guys I'll miss" at TFC. Not exactly a nice thing to say about your other teammates.

Tchani may be out for the season in Columbus with surgery possibly on the way. He hasn't played for them yet.

DangerRed
08-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Peterson said on his Twitter account that Ty Harden was "one of the few guys I'll miss" at TFC. Not exactly a nice thing to say about your other teammates.

Tchani may be out for the season in Columbus with surgery possibly on the way. He hasn't played for them yet.

I'll be booing that cunt on the 27th. It really fucking irks me. If some superstar left TFC and said something like that, I'd understand, yes, OK, you're above the talent level (but I also feel a superstar would have a bit more class than this). Peterson though is fucking useless, tripped over his own feet on a regular basis, and had a grand total of ONE goal in 37 games for us.

With all due respect, Jake, shut the fuck up.

Boondaddy
08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
SHit, I thought there was going to be a hot pic of Alan's wife....what a let down.

J .
08-11-2011, 03:22 AM
Peterson was garbage, Andy Welsh had more offensive flair than this clown. He has been more offensive with his Tweets than he was ever with TFC. He did nothing and I lamented every time I saw him in the lineup.

Glass Gordon can blame everyone and the sun for his injuries, the facts are he had a few good games, a great moment in LA and that was it. DK > Glass Gordon.

Attakora has been on a downward trend since last season. He looks lost and without confidence. Ever since the match vs Peru I was concerened about his mental fortitude to deal with adversity. I think MeRo was too much of an influence and without the orbit of someone to talk him through, I dont think he will ever reach his potential.

The SJ trade I think has worked out quite well. Johnson has been a valuable addition. He is a solid, not great, but good MLS attacking player who can play striker or out wide. He isnt going to be a ten goal a year guy, but he will contribute and give plata time to develop.