PDA

View Full Version : Stade Saputo Virtual Venue (jealousy)

kodiakTFC
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
http://montrealimpact.io-media.com/

Look at their supporter's section seats, or lack-thereof. It's going to be a pretty nice stadium after the reno, which is impressive because as someone who has seen that stadium in person many times, in its current state it is pretty garbage.

mastermixer
08-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Can someone put a roof on BMO already!

Carts
08-09-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.causs-canada.org/IMAGES/042210_ave_rd_roof_st_james_c.jpg

kodiakTFC
08-09-2011, 10:51 AM
It has a bundesliga vibe to it.

canadian_bhoy
08-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow - looks like a real stadium instead of the tin can by the lake.

I wonder if TFC ever get embarrassed by the fact that we have a popsicle stick stadium and are constantly being outdone by every team in the league that builds a soccer specific stadium.

I would rather they had put a roof over the stadium and kept the north end open then cram in the new seats that no one sits in.

DangerRed
08-09-2011, 10:53 AM
It looks amazing. I'm jealous. And look, no Mo Edu money to pay for it and they're still able to charge reasonable seasons' prices. Imagine that.

mdc 77
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
It looks amazing. I'm jealous. And look, no Mo Edu money to pay for it and they're still able to charge reasonable seasons' prices. Imagine that.

My tickets would be more money in Montreal.

Its better than BMO, thats not saying much. Its not great though.

Carts
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM

I looked for the comparison to my seats - they were basically the same...

It's like $150 difference per ticket over the entire season...

Not much when spread over a season - probably about right for 'cost-of-living' etc etc...

DangerRed
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
I looked for the comparison to my seats - they were basically the same...

It's like $150 difference per ticket over the entire season...

Not much when spread over a season - probably about right for 'cost-of-living' etc etc...

$150 over a season isn't much, but it's still money. People would be pleased if $150 per ticket was cut from a season ticket price in 2012, no?

And they will have a proper stadium, with no insult intended to our beloved tin can.

rocker
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
From the inside, it looks good, but underneath it's still the same sort of metal beams, no walls, little washroom buildings kind of stadium like BMO. Last I heard they were keeping two stands at Saputo, the two stands that are just metal beams -- you can't even walk under them freely like at BMO.

Really the only difference, inside, between the new Saputo and BMO is BMO doesn't have a roof all around.

Actually, if you tossed a roof on the stands, and filled in the gap between section 127 and the north stand at BMO, BMO and Saputo would look similar (well, except for us having two decks on the west side).

Both stadiums are very low budget, tin can kind of stadiums.

uncle p
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I like BMO, not sure why everyone hates it so much. The Bricks and iron fence is a classy look IMO.....I dont care that we dont have a roof, some of the best atmosphere I've seen at BMO has been on rain soaked game's. As for the "it carry's the sound better" argument, SING LOUDER!!!

TFCmatty
08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah I don't mind BMO either, in fact I think it's one of the nicer pitches in the league.

My only two complaints:

1) We need a roof (which I'm sure will happen with time...)

2) The addition on the north stand looks really amateur.

Phil
08-09-2011, 02:46 PM

I wonder if TFC ever get embarrassed by the fact that we have a popsicle stick stadium and are constantly being outdone by every team in the league that builds a soccer specific stadium.

I would rather they had put a roof over the stadium and kept the north end open then cram in the new seats that no one sits in.

I think our stadium is better than the Crews....

mastermixer
08-09-2011, 02:53 PM
I think our stadium is better than the Crews....

Agreed, but Crew Stadium (or whatever it's called) was the first SSS built in North America. Sure it's in a hole of a city but that's something to be proud of.

Joe Kool
08-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I clicked on the Buy Now button then selected some seats for the hell of it to see what the total price is and a message pops up saying online purchasing is not yet available but the interesting thing is a huge picture of Beckham shows up with the message. What does he have to do with the Impact. Shameless marketing attempt...

__wowza
08-09-2011, 03:02 PM
From the inside, it looks good, but underneath it's still the same sort of metal beams, no walls, little washroom buildings kind of stadium like BMO. Last I heard they were keeping two stands at Saputo, the two stands that are just metal beams -- you can't even walk under them freely like at BMO.

what rocker said.

if youve been to saputto you'll know that the money they're putting into the stadium suggests that they're building over it. you're going to have washrooms and concessions built for 13k trying to support 20k. yes, they'll probably expand them but they're not going to move them.

mark my words: the traffic flow pre/post game is going to suck there.

Chevy
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM

That 'popsicle stick' stadium was, at the time, an extremely large investment in a league with a tenuous future. Remember the long list of journalists trumpeting the impending failure of soccer in Toronto?

The success of TFC and Seattle have improved the chances of league success (and therefore profititability) and have allowed other clubs to spend much more freely on their parks. I'm all for crapping on MLSE when they deserve it, but dumping on our stadium is off base.

PopePouri
08-09-2011, 03:45 PM
The stadium is a tin can with shitty roof. Half the seats are uncovered. No thanks.

QSIM
08-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I assume the away section will be the corner of section 118?

Canary10
08-09-2011, 04:04 PM
For the "benefits" of buying the seats behind the net it says "Reserved seat for all Montreal Impact home games." Duh, isn't that what a ticket is?

Waggy
08-09-2011, 04:42 PM
BMO isn't perfect, but it's a good little stadium. I'd rather MLSE prioritize on the product on the field than the amenities off it anyways. Could it use a roof? Maybe. I don't necc think it's that important. What'll make the crowd louder? More people who care more. How do you get more people to the games and make them care more? Maybe have TFC win a few? Or at least play decently? Play FOR something (like a title? You know, the type of games that lead to holding a trophy at the end?). Big games where TFC gets good results get casual fans to games and turn them from casual fans to real fans or even supporters. Its like skydome, people bitch about it being terrible all the time then go to a game when it's crowded and go "Oh, this place isn't so bad". When theres empty seats and low energy in the crowd then the stadium will suck. When there's no empty seats and energy it'll be awesome. Fuck that if you build it they will come shit. Good team=good crowd=good stadium.

Yohan
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Agreed, but Crew Stadium (or whatever it's called) was the first SSS built in North America. Sure it's in a hole of a city but that's something to be proud of.
I thought Blackbaud? in Charleston was

Roogsy
08-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I assume the away section will be the corner of section 118?

No, it's too close to the Impact supporters that stand in that end.

My guess it will remain in the 126 corner or thereabouts.

Cashcleaner
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Dear MLSE,

Enclosed is a picture of a roof. No further elaboration should be required.

Best Regards,

Craig "Cashcleaner" Leslie

http://www.ckac.com/blogue/impact/Stade%20Saputo%201.jpg

nickio
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
When MLSE sees that the attendance for the most part of the season suck because of weather they'll rework the numbers and we'll have the roof done properly! Eventually, they'll realise that a northern team has twice the amount of reasons to have a roof. They don't do it out of nothing in England.

Just like grass, I think that we have one of the best pitches in MLS, with heating and all. Something to be proud of.

mastermixer
08-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I think they fucked up when they built each side of BMO at a different height. Makes it difficult to put a roof all the way around I think.

Kaz
08-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I took an ex to BMO last year for Cruz Azul, she got into Football when someone took her to a Beijing vs Shanghai game while she was teaching in Shanghai. She remarked the it felt better, and it was a half empty stadium.

I have no issue with BMO, I've sat just about everywhere minus the South End, and the upper deck. I've never been disappointed. Even in November i enjoyed the experience.

Shakes McQueen
08-09-2011, 08:37 PM
That 'popsicle stick' stadium was, at the time, an extremely large investment in a league with a tenuous future. Remember the long list of journalists trumpeting the impending failure of soccer in Toronto?

The success of TFC and Seattle have improved the chances of league success (and therefore profititability) and have allowed other clubs to spend much more freely on their parks. I'm all for crapping on MLSE when they deserve it, but dumping on our stadium is off base.

I think this is a good point.

That said, I still want a fucking roof.

- Scott

prizby
08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
just going to point out section 117-119...no season tix...away fans?

jazzy
08-09-2011, 10:36 PM
It's more expensive than ours and why at the top is it way more expensive than mid or lower seats??...not that impressed!...

YYZ_Fan
08-09-2011, 11:14 PM
It's more expensive than ours and why at the top is it way more expensive than mid or lower seats??...not that impressed!...

top level seats are protected from the rain. I'd pay a bit extra for that...though it is a pretty good jump in price.

nfitz
08-09-2011, 11:16 PM
It's going to be a pretty nice stadium after the reno...Give it a few years and the Olympic Stadium will collapse, and mess it up. They way they make concrete in Montreal, it crumbles after about 30-40 years, and the Olympic Stadium is over 35-years old now.

SmokedPanda
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
thank the Rizutto crime family for the crumbling infrastructure in Montreal

hopefully the new roof at saputo stadium does not give in like the roof at the olympic stadium

QSIM
08-09-2011, 11:31 PM
No, it's too close to the Impact supporters that stand in that end.

My guess it will remain in the 126 corner or thereabouts.

Ah I see. No matter where it is, it will be rocking when we flood it next year!

SilverSamurai
08-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Not true.
Did you forget Mexico? Estadio Azteca?

1st in US, yes. but that's it.